• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollan

The first thing I want to see in the DLC Expansion is the Power Armor break into pieces the first time it's used (and not a mere stats/function nerf).

If you're fully upgraded then you're a bit into the game. Get your weapons and outfits sorted out and sell your lenses and hearts. I think it was mentioned here that lenses are for blue weapons and hearts for purple, so if you don't think you'll need any more blue weapons you can sell lenses now

Related to resources - why is there a merchant in meridian selling random crap like washing baskets?
Thanks

If you're fully upgraded then you're a bit into the game. Get your weapons and outfits sorted out and sell your lenses and hearts. I think it was mentioned here that lenses are for blue weapons and hearts for purple, so if you don't think you'll need any more blue weapons you can sell lenses now

Related to resources - why is there a merchant in meridian selling random crap like washing baskets?

There's actually another vendor who'll trade them for something else lol. Not sure what though as I figured it was something useless like the rewards you get for completing collections.

So what does everyone want in the DLC? I know there's a thread about what people want in the sequel but what about DLC?
Give me an interesting quest, some side missions and more chit to collect, I want to be able to spend at least 20 hours with it, the more the better.
And use up the Shadow Carja arena, make it like there's some event or something going on, and you go up against high level machines with certain weapons, items, and outfits. (nothing that'll make you op) Make it challenging.

0Qe55ff.gif

I feel like I'm the only one who isn't impressed by the soundtrack. An impressive soundtrack to me is a start to finish listen where every song is as good as the last., but a good third of Horizon's is repetitive orchestral ambiance.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Okay I'm getting pretty sick of the mount riding in this game. It seems to have a mind of its own despite setting it to follow roads. It barely follows the road that I'm going on and most of the time will just go wandering off path and get stuck jumping over rocks or branches.

r1chard

In Cauldron XI has anyone figured how to get the loot that's behind the cliff wall?
In the large cave with the two dead tallnecks.
It shows up on Focus, and when you get close enough to it you get a purple loot box symbol, but I couldn't figure how to get to the actual box - I figure it's a buggy placement (there's another purple loot box reasonably nearby which is in the open).

firelogic

Anyone else encounter a glitch where you can't see Aloy's focus on the right side of her head? After the mission,
Maker's End
it's not there anymore. The focus works fine and the glowing circle pops up but no actual focus device. I've reloaded but no go.

Okay I'm getting pretty sick of the mount riding in this game. It seems to have a mind of its own despite setting it to follow roads. It barely follows the road that I'm going on and most of the time will just go wandering off path and get stuck jumping over rocks or branches.
I've never used the mount system.

Alright this ending was good it closed this story but left enough to get. Sequel going. I didn't feel like stuff was left open while doing the latter either really well done

Floody

Anyone else encounter a glitch where you can't see Aloy's focus on the right side of her head? After the mission,
Maker's End
it's not there anymore. The focus works fine and the glowing circle pops up but no actual focus device. I've reloaded but no go.

Tried changing outfit? I don't remember that happening to me, but I changed outfit right after the cutscene ended.

It's very jank, especially when you want to go down a hill and it just stops all of a sudden.

Dany

Banned
I'm really mad at myself for selling away the tearblaster :(

anyway to get it back.

you can only buy-back the last 10 items you've sold.

Alright this ending was good it closed this story but left enough to get. Sequel going. I didn't feel like stuff was left open while doing the latter either really well done

Did you watch the scene
after the credits?

It's very jank, especially when you want to go down a hill and it just stops all of a sudden.

I'm honestly baffled by what you guys are saying. Just last night I was thinking how good it feels to ride a Strider around the world of Horizon, they almost always seem to stick to the said set path as well.

Did you watch the scene
after the credits?

I'm honestly baffled by what you guys are saying. Just last night I was thinking how good it feels to ride a Strider around the world of Horizon, they almost always seem to stick to the said set path as well.

And as soon as you go off the path to take a shortcut or evade enemies, it starts slowing down or jumping unnaturally over small rocks and ledges. It could definitely see a few tweaks

And as soon as you go off the path to take a shortcut or evade enemies, it starts slowing down or jumping unnaturally over small rocks and ledges. It could definitely see a few tweaks
I'm almost don't even care at this point. They could tweak it, but pretty much if I don't walk to an area myself I just flat out fast travel since I have the golden fast travel pack. Every time I used a mount I got into combat at times where I was just trying to sneak around. A mount probably just doesn't suit my play style.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Tip for the corrupted zone with the
two rockbreakers
:

There's a
ravager
site to the east of it, like, right next to them.

"Befriend" them and borrow their weapons.

Careful not to lose your "friendship" with a misplaced fire bomb/arrow. ;P

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Got to SunFall

fighting two of those rockbreakers at once is hell..honestly the most annoying enemy in the game

Oh, boy do I have a satisfying video to show you.

Officially Maxing out all the
Carrying Capacity
is harder then facing 5 thunderjaws and 5 stormbirds and 5 Behemoth 2 Ravager 2 Sawtooth and 1 Snapmaw all at once

And yea i mean that

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I can't find any more side quests so I guess some will unlock with more main quest lines? So I think I'll call it a day and tomorrow will focus on the main story after makers end. Then once I'm done I'll loop back around and mop up side quests and errands

brawly

Did we ever get a definitive "favor resolution" vs "favor performance" comparison? I know there's this one thread with a couple of pictures but I'm still uncertain.

What are people here using on a 1080p display?

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Did we ever get a definitive "favor resolution" vs "favor performance" comparison? I know there's this one thread with a couple of pictures but I'm still uncertain.

What are people here using on a 1080p display?
Unless you're sensitive to the very rare performance dips, there's no reason not to use favour resolution.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is it supposed to be very, VERY dark with HDR? When I turn it off, nights are very visable but with it on, it sometimes becomes impossible to see

HowZatOZ

Banned
Alright, whose idea was it to bombard the player with the same God damn tutorials about "Press R1 to track!" Every single fucking time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom