• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as soon as you go off the path to take a shortcut or evade enemies, it starts slowing down or jumping unnaturally over small rocks and ledges. It could definitely see a few tweaks

Maybe it's because I'm playing Zelda atm as well, but Horizon mounts control great to me. Only recent game that I can think of that does them better is MGSV.

On a side note, reading some of the data points, I really like the air of mystery and curiousity surrounding the Nora tribe. Reading that one glpyh where the guy is downplaying exaggerated rumors about the Nora but then also getting a lot of information about things like the Proving and men's role in the tribe was quite funny.

Wollan

Wish there were an option to have the Inventory music only play during stressful combat scenes and not otherwise, keeping the scene music.
It's nice but it becomes old a third into the game.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Maybe it's because I'm playing Zelda atm as well, but Horizon mounts control great to me. Only recent game that I can think of that does them better is MGSV.

On a side note, reading some of the data points, I really like the air of mystery and curiousity surrounding the Nora tribe. Reading that one glpyh where the guy is downplaying exaggerated rumors about the Nora but then also getting a lot of information about things like the Proving and men's role in the tribe was quite funny.
Nope, not in the slightest. Everytime I mount up it's a battle with the controls to actually keep me on the road and not wandering off the path just to get stuck. Some points of straight stretched road it'll be fine for a bit then as soon as a rock appears it freaks out and gets stuck. Also if the road bends you are shit out of luck cause the mount is just gonna go straight.

Mifune

Mehmber
Wish there were an option to have the Inventory music only play during stressful combat scenes and not otherwise, keeping the scene music.
It's nice but it becomes old a third into the game.

Good idea. I would accept that soothing load game music, too.

brawly

That first change of weather had me like

giphy.gif

Floody

Nope, not in the slightest. Everytime I mount up it's a battle with the controls to actually keep me on the road and not wandering off the path just to get stuck. Some points of straight stretched road it'll be fine for a bit then as soon as a rock appears it freaks out and gets stuck. Also if the road bends you are shit out of luck cause the mount is just gonna go straight.

Have you tried turning? Because I had very little trouble keeping the Broadheads on the road (never really used the others), off road they can be annoying at times and they do like to just stop you right in the middle of a pack of machines sometimes, but their movement was good for the most part and controlled fine. Have nothing on D-Horse though and lack the meme quality of Roach, so I'd give them a 7/10 overall.

When you get 100% and don't know what to do with your life until the expansion comes out

2dPAehC.png

It's been more than a week for me and I still don't know what to do, this weekend is going to be even harder (I mean yeah. I do other stuff but my gaming time it's a void).

I don't want to replay the game because I'm saving it for another time. I would have really needed for Mass Effect to come a week earlier. -_-

shiba5

I seem to have a new bug where the focus light on the side of her head won't turn off.

And now it just turned itself off after being on for the past 10 minutes.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Have you tried turning? Because I had very little trouble keeping the Broadheads on the road (never really used the others), off road they can be annoying at times and they do like to just stop you right in the middle of a pack of machines sometimes, but their movement was good for the most part and controlled fine. Have nothing on D-Horse though and lack the meme quality of Roach, so I'd give them a 7/10 overall.
I think I'm just spoiler by Witcher 3's mount controls. I'll turn on bends and it just gets even more out of sync with the road path, and correcting the controls becomes counterproductive.

I think I'm just spoiler by Witcher 3's mount controls. I'll turn on bends and it just gets even more out of sync with the road path, and correcting the controls becomes counterproductive.

Isn't it way easier to ride here than Roach? I love mounts in games, all of them, I loved Roach but the road was so tiny he got stuck quite often (especially when you called him), reason why I couldn't go at max speed most of the time. In Horizon I can travel really easy but I do understand that when you get through irregular terrain the animations aren't pretty, however you have to try to pass through some really odd places for that to happen...
D-Horse could pass through but he's a tank tho, not a horse.

Zackat

I should've bought NieR on the ps4 instead of waiting for the PC port. Maybe I'll go do it right now!

I've been playing some bloodborne and SFV since I finished this game

valkyre

If W3 sucks at something thats controls alright...

Be it Roach but mainly Geralt... God that was annoying... the amount of times Geralt stumbled because of a small rock or even step, tumbled , rolled and you heard that stupid "aaargh" and lost half your health points is too damn high!

Generally Aloy is a joy to control both during normal exploration and combat. The mount is a bit rougher true but still comparisons with W3 on this regard is unfounded imo.

Ryuuroden

If you're fully upgraded then you're a bit into the game. Get your weapons and outfits sorted out and sell your lenses and hearts. I think it was mentioned here that lenses are for blue weapons and hearts for purple, so if you don't think you'll need any more blue weapons you can sell lenses now

Related to resources - why is there a merchant in meridian selling random crap like washing baskets?

You can trade those in for special treasure boxes with useful items in it. There is one of each box at the treasure box trader in meridian.

Floody

I think I get where you're coming from, do you rely on the auto turning/follow roads thingy? Because I'm pretty sure I turned all that off in Horizon, and never really had to fight the controls much. The Broadhead just went, only really had trouble when it was a forest area, but besides those, the things could like walk straight up mountains for me, only occasionally getting caught up. But again never really used the other mounts, so maybe they control worse, I do believe they are faster, so it's possible I guess.

Mikey Jr.

You prefer roach over this?

That is insanity to me. Roach controlled like absolute literal garbage. I despised that horse with every fiber of my being.

I think they patched him a few times not to be shit.

NastyBook

didn't with me.
i just whacked'm all, & it says i shot several of'm. wrote it off as a bit of fake history :) ...
Wow, crazy.
I shot all but three with regular arrows, and the last three with fire arrows (they said they were blasted).
Wish I had a save point for it, but I just overrode my manual.

shiba5

Yeah... can't say I liked the way Roach controlled even though I was quite fond of her. D-horse controlled really well and RDR horses weren't bad either - until you launched one off a rock and it suddenly took on the physics of a GTA car.

You prefer roach over this?

That is insanity to me. Roach controlled like absolute literal garbage. I despised that horse with every fiber of my being.

I think they patched him a few times not to be shit.

Was going to say the same thing. There was a hell of a lot to love about The Witcher 3, the mount controls weren't one of them. Although it's been nearly 2 years since I've played so maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Ohhhh... You guys are right. I really disliked the first hunters Lodge, so one never touched it again.

Eh, gotta do it for the Platinum anyways.

Don't worry, I hate time trials in games and I didn't like them in Horizon either but fortunately they are really easy (you might struggle a couple of times in two or three) and just a few.

Zok310

Banned
Ohhhh... You guys are right. I really disliked the first hunters Lodge, so one never touched it again.

Eh, gotta do it for the Platinum anyways.

Yeah, they are simple, don't over analyze them, should breeze through them. They are really glorified tutorials.
Get all that done before you begin
"The Looming Shadow" main mission
, if you want to plat the game.

You know what I'm interested in that really hasn't been discussed?
What about his holonet thing referenced in all these data points? What if these virtual spaces still exist in some form or fashion? That'd be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom