• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

I just have to get through the longest 5 hours of work ever and then it's gonna be nothing but Horizon all afternoon and night

So excited

The screenshots thread is ridiculous. I didn't think anything would actually beat TW3 on PC anytime soon until CDPRs next game but here we are.

Floody

I almost forgot how Horizon threads go, It's wonderful to have some normality back. With the It's just a Ubi game crowd making their return.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
1k5jlv.png

soo clooooose !!

aravuus

Views like that aren't filled with hype and unquestioning love for the game so I must be hellbent on hating it and forcing everyone to hate it?

I don't have the energy or interest to address anything else you've said, but mate, you're really putting words in my mouth here. First you make out hyperbole to be this huge evil thing, then you come out with this fucking gem.

If that's what you believe I'm trying to say, fine. I hope we'll both enjoy the game, at least.

e: that is to say, I'm gonna chill here. Would be a bit hypocritical of me to continue this thread-shitting conversation, wouldn't it.

LiK

Played a bunch of this last night. Awesome game so far. This felt like Witcher 3 but with superior combat so far. Really impressed. Love Aloy as well.

Floody

I typically don't call out reviews but...

Not finishing a game? And especially one that isn't a crazy length to begin with?

That's a terrible review.

I found it even more amazing they actually thought proudly saying it in the review was a good idea, based on pretty much everyone whose beat it they are maybe halfway through the story. It completely discredits the review and the site.

I typically don't call out reviews but...

Not finishing a game? And especially one that isn't a crazy length to begin with?

That's a terrible review.

Wow haha only 18hs of gameplay and not completed. Surprised this is not another 5, hell, surprised is not even a 4 or 3.
At least they gave FFXV a 6.0 so they are consistent in that every RPG post The Witcher III is going to be a mediocre one.

danowat

Banned
This day could not go any slower, stupid late EU release...

Is this the first time a game has been released on a Wednesday?

All UK (EU?) releases used to be at the weekend, then we started to become aligned with the US with Tuesday releases, now we have a Wednesday release?

I can't ever remember another Wednesday release.

Yeah surprised MC counts reviews that flat out admit they couldn't be bothered to finished the game. I know it's a slippery slope as you can have 50 hours gametime and not finish the game, and the opinion would be just as valid, but yeah, seems weird to me to say the least. EDIT: On second thought, it's not necessarily a problem that it's counted on MC, I just still think the review content itself could be better.

Either way still find it weird that they haven't updated with the EDGE review but did so with the Zelda BOTW Switch metacritic page, despite both coming out on the same issue.

level1

Yeah surprised MC counts reviews that flat out admit they couldn't be bothered to finished the game. I know it's a slippery slope as you can have 50 hours gametime and not finish the game, and the opinion would be just as valid, but yeah, seems odd to me to say the least.

Either way still find it odd that they haven't updated with the EDGE review but did so with the Zelda BOTW Switch metacritic page, despite both coming out on the same issue.
Don't think edge is out yet, I've got a digital subscription and the issue isn't available to me

bombshell

Is this the first time a game has been released on a Wednesday?

All UK (EU?) releases used to be at the weekend, then we started to become aligned with the US with Tuesday releases, now we have a Wednesday release?

I can't ever remember another Wednesday release.

Nah, Wednesday is traditionally the most normal mainland EU release day, but still stupid to have to wait. It's you in the UK who has Friday as the norm.

Worldwide releases need to become standard in this age. I mean even Sony did it with Uncharted 4.

Man there is something severely wrong with the PS4's wireless hardware or PSN. Set this to preload 24 hours ago, come to it now expecting to to be well done (100 Mb/s connection), find it's less than half done and currently downloading at <100kb/sec. Two full restarst later and it's back to downloading at 8 MB/s, at least it'll be done in 50 minutes but that's really subpar and it's not the first time it's happened to me.

shingi70

Banned
I almost forgot how Horizon threads go, It's wonderful to have some normality back. With the It's just a Ubi game crowd making their return.

Dunno man, it looked ubiaoftish in the videos ive seen today, but it looks like Gureilla takes that template and iterates in it too make it realize all that type of open world can be.

Ferr986

Sorry for the kind of offtopic, but look how one of the biggest videogame spanish sites, Meristation, celebrates Horizon lauch:

Basically it reads:
Aloy: Damn you mysoginist! I don't need any man to rescue me!
Mario: Help! I just wanted to be nice
Yoshi: I'm tired of this radical femisim. If this vignette was the other way around there would be a shitstorm. And you know it!

Thankfully Meristation retired the panel and apologized, but of course there's a shitstorm about mu freedom of speech and all of that. And it's sad that such a big site in Spain panders to this crowd.

aravuus

Sorry for the kind of offtopic, but look how one of the biggest videogame spanish sites, Meristation, celebrates Horizon lauch:

Basically it reads:
Yoshi: I'm tired of this radical femisim. If this vignette was the other way around there would be a shitstorm. And you know it!

Thankfully Meristation retired the panel and apologized, but of course there's a shitstorm about mu freedom of speech and all of that. And it's sad that such a big site in Spain panders to this crowd.

Funny AND true!

:^)

Pretty nuts to see something like this from an actual big site

artsi

Bah, I forgot this was released tomorrow in EU.

I bought from US PSN now, but I still have to wait it to download.

silva1991

Yeah surprised MC counts reviews that flat out admit they couldn't be bothered to finished the game. I know it's a slippery slope as you can have 50 hours gametime and not finish the game, and the opinion would be just as valid, but yeah, seems odd to me to say the least.

Either way still find it odd that they haven't updated with the EDGE review but did so with the Zelda BOTW Switch metacritic page, despite both coming out on the same issue.

What? is this gonna be another Gravity rush 2 situation where they will add the score only a month or two alter or something?

Floody

Dunno man, it looked ubiaoftish in the videos ive seen today, but it looks like Gureilla takes that template and iterates in it too make it realize all that type of open world can be.

It has some similar stuff that some Ubi games have, but so does pretty much every modern open world game, because Ubi has made so many in the past decade. It's just always been a sticking point in Horizon threads, it died down a little after plenty of reviews said it was far more than just that, but is coming back if the last few pages are anything to go by.

Basically it reads:

The heck? Smh

The screenshots thread is ridiculous. I didn't think anything would actually beat TW3 on PC anytime soon until CDPRs next game but here we are.

Jesus I know. It's why I'm avoiding that thread (and probably our FB chat) for a while until things settle down for these games and I actually play them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom