• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm the opposite. Combat is interesting. Love the unique weakpoints. Story is meh. None of the characters are doing anything for me.

I think the story is quite good. I connected with Aloy from the start.. And that's rare in games (for me)

CEJames

So no announced season pass for this game? No possible free updates with new quests like with FFXV?

Unbelievable right? A triple-A game that didn't immediately release with DLC in mind.

giphy.gif

DrBo42

Wow if the girl stuck up on the tree top screaming SOMEBODY PLEASE over and over while you're trying to clear the area isn't the most annoying thing. I had to almost mute the game.

The instructional V.O. is really pushy in this game. Seems like a call-out every 5 seconds trying to get your attention or trying to get you to move to X location to progress the cutscene. Super annoying when you just want to take in the area and see what's going on.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I intended to stream for about an hour, ended up streaming for 3 and a half instead. Sigh. Fuck I am so in love with this game. I'm trying to do everything I can to keep from diving back in tonight, but I don't think I'm going to make it!

It's gorgeous, the controls are smooth and responsive, Aloy is very likable, and the story is intriguing. I really can't ask for more.

I hope the big spoiler Ive accidentally read on NeoGaf or somewhere else long time ago isnt true, it would kind of ruin the game for me cause I keep guessing it throughout and thinking it makes sense

Im loving the game though, the graphics and gameplay is A1, hate quiting lol just want to keep playing, if only i didnt have to wake up early tomorrow

ch4fx_

Played for 2 hours tonight & OH. MY. GOD.

The young to adult Aloy scene...

tumblr_n7ngizBWvG1qzqr6ro1_500.jpg

I didn't leave the opening area tonight, I wanted to save that for another night when I have more time/it isn't so late. I'm just glad the game is actually as good as everyone says, in graphics & gameplay. I'm speechless.

Aloy <3 <3

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I don't want
child Aloy to grow up,
give me dlc where I play as
child Aloy
the whole way through. Whoever played her nailed the role and they nailed the childlike animations. My heart broke when
she said Hi to the hologram.

I intended to stream for about an hour, ended up streaming for 3 and a half instead. Sigh. Fuck I am so in love with this game. I'm trying to do everything I can to keep from diving back in tonight, but I don't think I'm going to make it!

It's gorgeous, the controls are smooth and responsive, Aloy is very likable, and the story is intriguing. I really can't ask for more.

Same - I didn't get home until late and figured I'd just pop the game in and stream for a little bit and then go to sleep. Nope! Spent over 2 hours playing instead and now I'm boned for work tomorrow. Ah well.

Love everything about the game so far. It's so satisfying to pop parts off the beasts with your arrows.

Heh

Nah, boss was too hard had to back out.

but yeah how good is it? That you actually had to run away because an actual fight is too tough.

I think for most people the worst battle will be actually the overworld fight
against the two corrupted rock eaters
- its quite late in the game.

I literally saw them in the distance and ran away.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I think it's funny how much this game reminds me of Witcher 3. So so many things about it. I ain't complaining though.

Apt101

I don't want
child Aloy to grow up,
give me dlc where I play as
child Aloy
the whole way through. Whoever played her nailed the role and they nailed the childlike animations. My heart broke when
she said Hi to the hologram.

That would be some kick ass DLC.

Muzicfreq

Banned
oh my fucking god!
Google is fucking stupid when trying to upload to youtube. Just keeps me in a loop of telling google THAT IT WAS ME WHO LOGGED IN!

yeah I am playing on hard mode. When you are fighting a few machines at once it can get a little hairy lol.

reminds me a little of a souls game in that regard
Yep I'm playing it on hard as well. Since difficulty isnt required for Platinum I decided to not drive myself nuts if Very Hard was too much.

The light and heavy attacks, heft and weapon movement, bonfire system, mob difficulty, etc all have a very Soulsborne feel IMO.

AwShucks

I'm only like 1.5 hours in but the game is great so far. Aloy looks amazing. There is a ton of stuff going on in this game though. Going to take a while to grasp it all and probably won't end up taking advantage of everything.

Dominator

Got to play some more this morning but I'm too wiped out to play just getting home from work. Hoping to wake up early so I can get a few more hours in with this gem.

It was all I was thinking about at work.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone having too much fun in Photomode?

I stop at certain areas and snap pics

U took what I think are some ridiculous pics, will upload some soon

tmac456

I was in bed reading some more posts and yawning like crazy...

now I'm back on the couch loading the game back up. WELP

Can you really only have one active quest at a time? I don't think you can even complete objectives for other quests if they aren't activated, even if you physically complete the objective. The game doesn't seem to register it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom