• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really glad to see that everything seems to have come together. GG to GG.

still think I'll be more refreshed by an open world game releasing a few days later that wont present me with a map/radar littered with tons of waypoints most of the time

8JWfChJ.png

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Amazing stuff GG!

Can't wait to get amongst this next week!

I'm going dark and heading back to Nioh, you know when you have that feeling that some stray comment is going to ruin the game for you? I got that feeling right now.

Mugen08

What are you even talking about?
Apologies for possible language confusions, I am not a native English speaker. The scores are very good, above what I expected, indicating the game is probably very good and will most likely be enjoyed by many.

Delio

Because people are keeping an eye on what wins GOTY. Zelda vs Horizon are the two heavyweights in terms of exclusives..

Boy if Zelda reviews lower than Hoizon people will go into riot mode.

Anywho great reviews. I'll try it out when i get the chance.

Catvoca

Banned
What are you even talking about?

They thought it might have turned out like the quote he posted described (meaning generic or boring), but it looks like it didn't (the reviews are positive) so that's good for all those who were looking forward to the game.

For anyone who wants to know (without story spoilers) if they can keep playing the game post endgame, Ive written the answer in one of my reviews, but I'll translate it here. Its not really a spoiler, just information:

Before the last mission the game clearly states there is no way back. After completing the game, the game sets you back before the last mission so you can keep playing for 100 percent completion. The experience points from the last mission are yours to keep however.

tdwig

Neo Member
Not surprised by how well this game is reviewing! It's definitely a looker, combat loop looks really solid, simple & accessible RPG & crafting elements for everyone to enjoy. I'm just abit turned off by the repetitive open-world elements, repetitive mission structure ect. Also based on the reviews, I'm going to be craving a more compelling narrative/deeper character interactions. Definitely excited for Guerrilla Games & Sony, looking forward to playing the game next week!

EGM1966

Very good reviews. I expected good reviews as in general GG games seem to be solid and polished enough to ensure solid reviews overall but wasn't expecting (relative to this gen's review profiles) it to score quite this well overall (in particular the profile of the review's is very strong with only a small percentage of reviews that are lower although they're much lower which makes them look even more like outliers).

Will definitely get around to this but need to decide whether to finally upgrade to Pro or not first I think as it seems to really take advantage of Pro from what I've read - although to be fair it also clearly plays/performs excellently on standard PS4 too.

Sales threads for this game are going to be mental though if it performs strongly ommercially.

You have a very unique opinion let's say... most think the first is average, the second is awesome and by far the best in the series, third is good and SF is horrible.

You are the complete opposite :)

Nah mate, everyone in the know realises that Liberation is the best in the series.

Great reviews here. This year has been pretty great so far. None of the big titles have dropped the ball... what's going to break the winning streak? Probably Zelda.

Not surprised by how well this game is reviewing! It's definitely a looker, combat loop looks really solid, simple & accessible RPG & crafting elements for everyone to enjoy. I'm just turned off by the repetitive open-world elements, repetitive mission structure ect. Also based on the reviews, I would have been more excited for a compelling narrative/deeper character interactions. Definitely excited for Guerrilla Games & Sony & looking forward to playing the game next week!

Missions are repetitive? I heard side quests were very well done, and the story /charatcers are getting a lot of praise, were are you getting your information from.

Not surprised by how well this game is reviewing! It's definitely a looker, combat loop looks really solid, simple & accessible RPG & crafting elements for everyone to enjoy. I'm just turned off by the repetitive open-world elements, repetitive mission structure ect. Also based on the reviews, I would have been more excited for a compelling narrative/deeper character interactions. Definitely excited for Guerrilla Games & Sony & looking forward to playing the game next week!
A couple of reviews have said the narrative is fantastic

DieH@rd

Banned
Very good scores.

Negatives usually are focused on presence of some Far Cry-esque game systems and questionable lipsync/char animation.... If that all that it is, then I will have great time with it [I never played FC3/4].

Also, I am on the hunt for 43X800D, hopefully I will be able to buy it before game launches.

For anyone who wants to know (without story spoilers) if they can keep playing the game post endgame, Ive written the answer in one of my reviews, but I'll translate it here. Its not really a spoiler, just information:

Before the last mission the game clearly states there is no way back. After completing the game, the game sets you back before the last mission so you can keep playing for 100 percent completion. The experience points from the last mission are yours to keep however.
Bedankt!

GHG

Apologies for possible language confusions, I am not a native English speaker. The scores are very good, above what I expected, indicating the game is probably very good and will most likely be enjoyed by many.

Ah I understand now. No worries on the English.

Horizon 2 is going to add a separate multiplayer mode that has nothing to do with Alloy. Bet on it it was just too ambitious for the first game.

Fess

When the release dates were set I actually felt sorry for GG going up against Zelda but now I feel sorry for Nintendo going up against Horizon. GG has really exceeded all expectations this time.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
GTA IV has a 98 on there and you'll see tons of people here call it terrible. No, it wasn't one of the best fps's last gen.

I've seen more people here praise resistance than kz2.

It was one of the best FPS games ever made.

And I've played a damn lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom