• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with potential for so much more, I can’t wait to see who’s next.

Days Gone
Spider-Man
Detroit
Sucker Punch IP
Death Stranding

Who will break in and rival TLOU2 for best PS4 IP this gen??! Eagerly anticipating who comes out on top. Sort of, I guess, even if GT is great again it really has no bearing on some other genres since racing genre is really its own separate thing. Jumping the gun a bit though, Horizon still has to sell well first and foremost.

yep its really amazing. if everything goes well, Sony could have 8-10 Blockbuster Franchises among their portfolio by the end of this gen.

kpaadet

There is afaik, but it's going to get old real quick. Going through the game again with good gear and a full skill tree on very hard is far more appealing than running around aimlessly unless the game has proper and lengthy post-game content.

Is there a NG+ as well?

Tigress

what the fuck, almost 60 hours of gameplay and destructiod says its short? dafuq. I was hoping for 10-15 hours, which I still don't even consider too short, heh

10-15 hours for an open world game is ridiculous. A good open world game, 10-15 hours just has you starting. 60 honestly is moderate at best (but I'm picky on my open worlds so I don't really consider stuff like Ubisofts which I get sick of quickly).

10-15 hours I'd wait til it was much cheaper honestly. Any game that lasts that short that I'm happy lasted that short also is a game that I really didn't like that much or at best lost my interest quickly (which does happen to be most linear games which are teh games that tend to be that long).

nelchaar

I believed in these guys since Shellshock; loved all their games, including KZ Shadowfall. So happy they are getting the recognition they deserve.

VanWinkle

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but Guerrilla has said in the past that the subtitle will make sense by the time you complete the game. Is that the case?

These scores!

d50626fc07.gif

Slay! Honestly amazing!

Gudji

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but Guerrilla has said in the past that the subtitle will make sense by the time you complete the game. Is that the case?

Haven't played it yet, but from some streams I saw. Yes you'll know what zero dawn means.

10-15 hours for an open world game is ridiculous. A good open world game, 10-15 hours just has you starting. 60 honestly is moderate at best (but I'm picky on my open worlds so I don't really consider stuff like Ubisofts which I get sick of quickly).

10-15 hours I'd wait til it was much cheaper honestly. Any game that lasts that short that I'm happy lasted that short also is a game that I really didn't like that much or at best lost my interest quickly (which does happen to be most linear games which are teh games that tend to be that long).

Everyone is in differebt psotions when it comes to game time and satisfaction. I'm a full time, father, married, even a 20 hour game feels daunting at times (which is what I just hit in my playtime). I've spent the last few days playing Horizon and if it even ended now I'd be totally happy. It's quality all around. Playtime number be damned.

Papacheeks

Banned
So hyped for next week to pickup MY collectors edition. But one thing I find funny was the stupid threads that people made for this game thinking it was not going to do well, and all the people shitting on it.

Where is YOUR GAMING GOD NOW!!!!

No naughty Gods to save you ONLY Guerrilla GODS!!!

I'm talking about weird side quests like ME1 Citadel quests or the Gravity Rush 2 Battle Nurse questline. Anything like that?

The side content I've done hasn't had anything entirely social or immersive like that. Good conversations, good dialogue, not everything is an epic endeavor... but not exactly like that.

Might feel hollow to say, but the side content is not the main attraction. It fills out the world and is generally high-quality, but the story and core gameplay is the attraction. I like someone's description of a "Diet RPG," or "the perfect RPG for working adults."

Fuck yeah. This sounds awesome, and i wasn't even that hyped for it. Now I'm sad about ShadowFall being that lame.
I feel like I'm forgetting something but I bet Horizon is Gaf's goty
You could release literal shit with The Legend of Zelda on it and as long as it's a mainline title GAF will apologize for it.

Whales

Banned
I receive this game during my spring break next week. Thank you so much, release day delivery...

I can't wait to play this AND zelda

Tyaren

That 2.5/5 USGamer review score would converted to a 100% scale just be a 50% score. By all standards that would be an objectively bad game.
I've heard it was the reviewers first big review? Maybe he/she didn't fully understand their own scoring system? It's a really strange break out score.

Agent

Just submitted my Amazon preorder, can't wait! I've been interested in the game since it was announced but certainly all the positive buzz helped push me over the edge to preorder. Plus, I have a PS4 Pro so it looks like a great game to showcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom