• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot Shots Golf Fore hands on preview, videos

acklame

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200406/N04.0609.1833.31878.htm

- 13 courses
" In all, there are 13 different courses, ranging from things like the Aloha Beach Resort to the Fujizakura Country Club."

- 34 characters
"You’ll recognize quite a few of the faces making a return, including the likes of T-Bone, Mel, and Tiffany. But, for all the familiar faces you’ll also be introduced to a wide cast of newcomers, many of which are incredibly hilarious and pretty bizarre, including a cheerleader, Japanese samurai, a talking Scottish bulldog, and even Jak and Daxter. "

- 50 player online tournament
"You’ll be able to take part in head-to-head matches with another player, as well as take part in real-time tournaments that are comprised of up to 50 players. As you play through holes in the tournament, a real-time scoreboard will be updated with the latest standings for all the participating golfers. Also, the game will support voice chat, allowing you to talk even more trash (as well as just chat it up) with fellow players. "

Some videos up at the page as well.

acklame said:
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200406/N04.0609.1833.31878.htm- 34 characters
"You’ll recognize quite a few of the faces making a return, including the likes of T-Bone, Mel, and Tiffany. But, for all the familiar faces you’ll also be introduced to a wide cast of newcomers, many of which are incredibly hilarious and pretty bizarre, including a cheerleader, Japanese samurai, a talking Scottish bulldog, and even Jak and Daxter. "

Jak and Daxter?? So is it safe to say they yanked out the Piposaru caddy? :(

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Only on GAF (and IGN and gamefaqs) would you find someone complaining about the Ape Escape monkeys being taken out in favor of Jak and Daxter playing golf. I think that is very, very cool, and it'll probably be the best game with Jak in it all year.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
fenekku-gitsune said:
Only on GAF (and IGN and gamefaqs) would you find someone complaining about the Ape Escape monkeys being taken out in favor of Jak and Daxter playing golf. I think that is very, very cool, and it'll probably be the best game with Jak in it all year.
Only because this guy is in it for you Fenky:

jakii_101003_9.jpg

:p

fenekku-gitsune said:

I think it's "cool," too. I just think it'd be way cooler to leave in the other cool shit when adding new cool shit, especially considering it's already fully complete and in the game.

belgurdo

Banned
Although I'm not one to advocate a "grass is greener" mentality, is there some reason as to why Sony thinks taking out the original characters and replacing them with those horrid "wacky" western designs is better?

belgurdo said:
Although I'm not one to advocate a "grass is greener" mentality, is there some reason as to why Sony thinks taking out the original characters and replacing them with those horrid "wacky" western designs is better?

Because there are alot more people here in the US that actually know who Jak and Daxter are compared to people who know characters from Ape Escape. Just as it made more sense in Japan to have AE characters in the game as it's more popular there than Jak is.

Ashitaka

It would be nice if there was some kind of happy medium though. Where we get some wacky japanese characters and some that might appeal more to western audiences. I could definitely lose the fat jamacian caddie, for example.

belgurdo

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Because there are alot more people here in the US that actually know who Jak and Daxter are compared to people who know characters from Ape Escape. Just as it made more sense in Japan to have AE characters in the game as it's more popular there than Jak is.

I wasn't necessarily talking about Jak, since cameos are cool with me.

You're just talking about the regular character designs? Who knows about that. Someone should just ask Sony why they choose to change the characters.

919159_20040510_screen002.jpg

919159_20040219_screen013.jpg

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I can't wait to hit the alcohol and go online with this game. Some of my finest inebriated moments stem from Hot Shots Golf 3.

SolidSnakex said:
You're just talking about the regular character designs? Who knows about that. Someone should just ask Sony why they choose to change the characters.

919159_20040510_screen002.jpg

919159_20040219_screen013.jpg
Game looks hott. When is it coming out?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
belgurdo said:
There was actually a video with the designer at SCEA working on Hots Shots Golf 3 for the PS2 in back on a old OPM disc. He was basically saying he was hired to sketch out some new designs for the stateside release because some of the Japanese characters where too "out there"... So he basically designed some characters that americans would appeal to.
ie. Samuel L Jackson lookalike and the Crocidle Hunter guy.
I gotta find this video again.

Top Bottom