• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Hype Check] SILENT HILL 2

Hype Check

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MiguelItUp

Yes, absolutely, you're right of course. From Konami's POV there's a myriad of reasons this makes perfect sense. I was just saying that for me, as a consumer, this isn't really appealing.
Oh yeah, and I totally get that.

It's always annoying to me to see remakes be done out of order, lmao.

The point was that Bloober isn't resting on their laurels here, why so much hate young padawan?

ford discussion GIF
Their pessimism is real, lol.

That Famitsu review is nice to see. I feel a spark of hype within me. 👀

Last edited:

Bojji

I was completely indifferent for this game but since few last weeks I'm getting hyped, ~20h of survival horror with puzzles is something I need right now.

I completed SH1 on PSX in 2001, but SH2... in 2022 on Xbox 1 (the original) - it was great (after that it was time for SH3 - still good).

I met Blooper developer more than one year ago, he obviously didn't want to talk about any specifics but he was very confident in this game.

Last edited:

GudOlRub

I am easily manipulated when it comes to Silent Hill.
Pfp checks out :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I don't have confidence in the game tbh, even with the famistu review I'll need to see a LOT more reviews and gameplay to see if it is indeed any good, but I'll gladly swallow my words if I'm wrong.
Silent Hill coming back to life would be amazing especially now since RE seems to be going down the RE4 path once again with way more action rather than the RE7 way with more focus on horror.

REMAINSILLY

Pfp checks out :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I don't have confidence in the game tbh, even with the famistu review I'll need to see a LOT more reviews and gameplay to see if it is indeed any good, but I'll gladly swallow my words if I'm wrong.
Silent Hill coming back to life would be amazing especially now since RE seems to be going down the RE4 path once again with way more action rather than the RE7 way with more focus on horror.
Oh, the game will probably be shit, for real. And if they remake Silent Hill 3, my favorite, I for sure will have autism fits. But I'll buy. Please, I need help.

Alebrije

The Game looks fine , preordered it time ago. Could not be at the level of RE4 remaster but it looks better than the ones we got before. I really do not expect unstable FPS or a glitch mess and don't care about the gameplay changes. It's great to have the chance to play it again and really hope this means Konami it's back SO we could get. New SH soon.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Looks like they've sucked out all the horror.

Blooper is lowsy at this stuff.

Put me down for a lol bloober
They followed the guidance and practically control of Konami and Ito. Blame them if you feel this way.

The horror was always a psychological discomfort of what's around the corner not traditional action horror.

If you experienced it the first time way back when it came out, then you're not going to feel the same psychological cuts, maybe.

Last edited:

Calverz

Iv tried to avoid footage of this game. From the comments I read etc I decided to pre order deluxe version for pc. Hope it has ultrawide and would like to see dualsense features used similar to space marine 2. I really hope it’s not stuttery.

Kacho

Iv tried to avoid footage of this game. From the comments I read etc I decided to pre order deluxe version for pc. Hope it has ultrawide and would like to see dualsense features used similar to space marine 2. I really hope it’s not stuttery.
Please tag me when you confirm if it has UW or not. That will get me to shell out the big bux without hesitation.

StueyDuck

They followed the guidance and practically control of Konami and Ito. Blame them if you feel this way.

The horror was always a psychological discomfort of what's around the corner not traditional action horror.

If you experienced it the first time way back when it came out, then you're not going to feel the same psychological cuts, maybe.
the original game was scary through both atmosphere and psychological horror.

I played it to death, each playthrough was always uneasy and unnerving.

this looks like an average unreal project.

The original game took effort into building atmosphere, tension and psychological horror. Compare the remade cutscenes, in bloopers version the camera is swinging all over the place and is positioned right in the characters faces like it's trying to be Hollywood whereas the original would just let things linger, just framed enough to feel off.

It requires a lot of skill to pull off this type of horror and blooper doesn't have it (as we've seen with the medium).

Last edited:

GudOlRub

I know people want to hate this game but it seriously is starting to look like its good
I don't think people really want to hate on the game, it's more like we have modern Konami hiring Bloober to be at the helm + the mediocre gameplay footage we've seen so far + they're asking 70$ for it.
People are understandably setting their expectations super low in case this turns out to be the train wreck everyone knows it has the potential to be...

I was kinda getting excited when I saw the famitsu review, then I saw here that they gave the same score to Forspoken... so now I'm once again at the "let's wait for reviews and unedited gameplay" state of mind.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
the original game was scary through both atmosphere and psychological horror.

I played it to death, each playthrough was always uneasy and unnerving.

this looks like an average unreal project.

The original game took effort into building atmosphere, tension and psychological horror. Compare the remade cutscenes, in bloopers version the camera is swinging all over the place and is positioned right in the characters faces like it's trying to be Hollywood whereas the original would just let things linger, just framed enough to feel off.

It requires a lot of skill to pull off this type of horror and blooper doesn't have it (as we've seen with the medium).
I agree about the original, but this just isn't solely on Bloober. Konami and Ito were heavily involved and overseeing the game and guiding it, even the changes that we've learned recently from TGS. So if you feel it failed, the remaining OGs are just as responsible.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The more recent footage looks decent. I bought the early access version. If it sucks I will just refund it. I want to try and beat it in a week or so because I want to play Metaphor.

Sort of in this group, but might try out the remake if it's good.

I have to admit the new footage looks much improved over the original trailers for this remake.
Remakes can certainly be a good thing. I’ve never played or had any interest in RE games until RE2 Remake came out and now I’m loving every “new” entry. SH2 Remake could have the same effect on me.

MiguelItUp

I agree about the original, but this just isn't solely on Bloober. Konami and Ito were heavily involved and overseeing the game and guiding it, even the changes that we've learned recently from TGS. So if you feel it failed, the remaining OGs are just as responsible.
Yeah this came to light when it was talking about Konami wanting to stray away from the original source material when Bloober didn't. Says a lot. Whatever the outcome, it's not just on Bloober, Konami was very heavily involved.

Sure, Bloober lul, but their heavy involvement could've also made them function better. We'll see...

Is it odd that I think Mary looks fine but Maria looks fucking weird? Like... I am not getting the whole salacious version. She just kinda looks like a Karen or a Becky who wants to speak to the manager. Fucking Eddie looks like Louie Anderson.

Looks I am a huge SH fanboy, I'll probably get this eventually.

Last edited:
I wan concerned since day one, since it’s bloober, but I am very hyped now, since the recent stuff I have seen and the early impressions from people show that it’s a very faithful adaption. So I think Silent Hill fans like myself will be happy l, although I am not sure how it will be received by the younger generation, who didn’t grow up with the series.

Hugare

I'm not gonna buy it, but I gotta say new James is shining while Maria just seems dopey

They've exchanged Cameron Diaz for a chick with the head of the size of a small child

New models and cutscenes are ... ok.

But those FMVs are like art, man. They look realistic to this day. Camera work, animations, acting, all sublime.

I'll still buy this game, probably right after reviews, but it's clear that the original will still be better even in some ways

And thats fine. Just like RE4 Remake didnt replace RE4. They have their own flavor.

Top Bottom