• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory |OT|: Tons and Tons of MOE!

Volcynika

84t4wte.gif

iQSv8e4.png

A few years have passed since the Deity of Sin's destruction. Even though it's had a few small conflicts here and there, Gamindustri has remained peaceful, and all the CPUs have been living fun and carefree lives.

Then one day, Neptune--the CPU of Planeptune--is swept away to another dimension. The new dimension she arrives in is a very familiar Gamindustri, but with a nostalgic 80's feel to it...

She learns that a mysterious group called "The Seven Sages" have been planning evil schemes meant to eliminate the CPUs in this other Gaminudstri.

Neptunie's new journey to return home, as well as protect this other dimension, starts here...

P2yBeUi.png

• Platform: PlayStation 3
  • Genre: RPG
  • Release Dates:
    • Japan: 08/30/2012
    • North America: 03/21/2013
    • Europe:
      • Europe (Minus UK): 03/15/2013
      • UK: 03/22/2013
  • Developer: Idea Factory/Compile Heart
  • Publiser: NIS America

RshPP5R.jpg

xdU6VvZ.png

• Dynamic Combat: Freely move units in battle to tackle foes! Set up your own combos, fill up the EXE Drive gauge, and then deal "massive damage" with your finishing attacks!
  • Scout System: Send out scouts to explore and gather information on dungeons! Level them up so they can find things you may have missed on your adventure!
  • Flag System: Break or repair "flag" triggers in dungeons to activate different events when your scouts return from exploring! This can change enemy spawns or reveal new items!
  • Burn Game Discs: Obtain blank discs and burn different types of data onto them to access hidden potentials! With the right combinations, you may even make a Godly Game! It's your chance to craft your own AAA title for Neptune and friends to equip!

gb5WzcK.png

dTlp8xS.png
fra0u3O.png

2k6CVDs.png
Z3CBwDX.png

NaiszLA.png
9ffcjn4.png

Qzu3mv6.png

Ua7IbsH.png

2TQH8HZ.png

(Yes I know some characters are absent, they will be added soon!)

All this waifu talk is silly. Because everyone knows Blanc is the best.

GJ on the OT. I'm not planning to start this until the DLC characters are out, since I need to have Mages in my party to lessen the sting of 5pb's absence.

vall03

I have to be honest here, putting 'Tons and Tons of Moe' in a trailer is something that would catch my attention and sell me on a game. Would love to try out the series but I currently don't have access to a tv, and the first two games have been staring at me from various game stores in my area and I can't buy them.

AniHawk

also, while the limited edition is unavailable at the site, it doesn't hurt to contact the support and see if you can't secure any extra copy, especially if the delay led to some cancellations. only if you wanted one for yourself of course.

Volcynika

This does have JP and English voices available by the way. The English is a partial dub (and it seems smaller since its script is larger than that of mk2's). I'm not sure if they cut any JP voices out of it though.

So excited. Wish it came out yesterday like it was suppossed to *grumblegrble*

Great work on the OT.

Wouldn't be Neptunia without a delay!

Nice OT! :D I have my copy ordered and it should arrive tomorrow if all goes well, it's not like I will play this though as I still have Mk I to finish and Mk II to even play... :(

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I remember on their stream of the game, they were asked why they changed the name. The response (basically) was "It sounds stupid."

:p

But Pururut is funner to say =(

Also, I just want to mention that I enjoyed my play through of my import V more than Mk2. But, getting Noire early might have influenced that =P. I miss Cave though =(

When the glorious Lowee revolution comes neither of you will be spared.

31Y7AaJ.png

Wonder how much mileage I'll get out of this during the thread.

This is amazing, I will take a guess and say 95% of reviewers won't get it :p Oh my god... that gives me a idea... the next console Neptunia should be called "Hyperdimension Neptunia R: Review" and the story follows Neptune as Gameindustri's population is getting brainwashed by gaming-media and skewed reviews turning into mindless AAAA-game buying zombies that slowly drain their souls decimating the population by millions. It's up to the goddesses to defeat the IIGN Conglomerate (Intentional Irrational Gaming Nonsense) controlled by a AI called P.A.C.H.T.E.R. (Powerful Annoying Character Hating Timeless Entertainment Rigorously) Codename: THE FALSE PROPHET. Can the goddesses bring truth and honesty back and save all the souls? Find it out in Hyperdimension Neptunia R: Review! (Releasing 21/03/2014, preorder now to get the special Mountain Dew and Dorito CPU forms!)

Oh dear... I shouldn't be on GAF this early I guess...

Question, when the girls change their respective costume/form is what I'm seeing in the OP right? I know that sounds like a dumb question.

Volcynika

But Pururut is funner to say =(

Also, I just want to mention that I enjoyed my play through of my import V more than Mk2. But, getting Noire early might have influenced that =P. I miss Cave though =(

I miss Nisa. :( HERO OF JUSTICE

Someone reviewing it for a site told me they thought the game was a bit of a step down mechanically from mk2, but it was much funnier. As long as it isn't as obtuse and annoying as the first game, I'll be fine.

Stark

Banned
Someone reviewing it for a site told me they thought the game was a bit of a step down mechanically from mk2, but it was much funnier. As long as it isn't as obtuse and annoying as the first game, I'll be fine.

Odd since it's pretty much the same battle system as mk2, isn't it? oh well.

Volcynika

Is Inafune in this game?

Yes, he makes a return. It's like a missle or something instead of a sword.

Odd since it's pretty much the same battle system as mk2, isn't it? oh well.

Late reply, but I thought it was at least that. I haven't watched too much gameplay other than the trailers and that stream they did (not sure if the archive was saved at http://www.twitch.tv/NISAmerica , might be), so not really sure.

cjkeats

I think he's a ship and a bunch of missels. The missels were int he JP demo.

He was a sword in mk2 and a giant head in the sky.

Top Bottom