• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Am Alive |OT| It's Actually Alive!

CyReN

zxAkM.jpg

Information:
Developer: Darkworks (2008–2010) | Ubisoft Shanghai (2010–2011)
Publisher: Ubisoft
Platforms: XBLA and PSN
Release Date: XBLA - March 7, 2012 | PSN - April 4, 2012.
Price: 1200 MS Points ($15)

Summary
One year after a worldwide cataclysmic event has wiped out most of human civilization, a man struggles for survival. Faced with an insecure, decaying, and hazardous world, he scours a desolated city, searching for his long lost wife and daughter. Survive the suffocating, murky streets covered in dust. Climb the teetering remains of the last standing skyscrapers to reach breathable air and find untouched resources. Explore the crumbling ruins of a once-thriving metropolis. And discover a changed human condition, punctuated by distrustful survivors, dangerous armed gangs, and victims in need.

Videos:

Screens:

Reviews

Misc: Movie Recommendations

ZZMitch

I can't believe this is actually coming out! I was excited about it when it was first revealed and will probably pick this up on day 1 if it turns out to be good!

Xater

I am interested in it but I will wait for reviews. The development history of this game makes me wary.

StuBurns

Banned
Strange this is coming now The Last of Us was announced, they seem kind of similar. While I think it looks pretty bad, I'm very curious after all this time.

The_Monk

Will wait for info and reviews, so not day 1 probably (Mass Effect 3 soon, too).

I remember AMY getting some hype and then, meh... I hope this, at least to be good.

Cat Party

I don't have high hopes or anything, but I am interested to see how this turned out given the death and rebirth of the title.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
If the tapes are truly alluding to what I think happens, this game is going to be very powerful. The Road is one of my favorite books ever, and I was sad to hear a title like this, that has so much potential, was downgraded to a digital-only release... but I will happily download it for $15.

Pyccko

Dat Canadian accent.
Man, if this thing had no combat, I'd be all over it. Guess I'll wait for some impressions before I go for it.

The trailers really make the game seem rather interesting. I'm going to try out the demo they have for it and then go from there, but from what I have seen so far, I have a feeling I will be picking this up.

Dresden

That combat trailer really looked clunky, and it coincides with ME3's release . . . will wait for reviews and a sale. My money's all going to ME3 -> Journey -> Binary Domain (bomba pricing) anyways.

Tambini

That trailer they showed back in '08 was pretty cool, but I've lost interest in the game now.

I'll wait for some impressions

Woo-Fu

Banned
You can't leave a bow of that type strung all the time, at least not if you expect to do anything with it besides use it as a club. You wouldn't wear it like that either, at least not after the first time you catch the bottom on something and fall over like an idiot.

I really hope it's open world (yes I read the posts before mine) still. It just feels like it would be so much cooler. Oh well, I'll get it at some point. I'd ask for it on steam, but Ubisoft would just fuck it up with a bunch of crap like TAGES anyway.

Xater

I really hope it's open world (yes I read the posts before mine) still. It just feels like it would be so much cooler. Oh well, I'll get it at some point. I'd ask for it on steam, but Ubisoft would just fuck it up with a bunch of crap like TAGES anyway.

Of course it would be cooler but I don't expect it at all.

Ooccoo

I think the idea has a very big potential but this is Ubisoft we are talking about so I won't even bother with that one. IMO it just looks like a poor man Prince of Persia mixed with Bionic Commando.

It doesn't look pretty but it's a potentially cool concept. I'll try before I dismiss it. Graphics aren't everything after all.

RPGCrazied

Damn. I thought this was going to be $9.99 like From Dust and Outland. I'm going to closely watch reviews now. At that price, I hope its more than a 2-3 hour adventure.

I remember hearing about this game like 5 years ago....

Should be interesting to see how it turns out. If it turns out good I might actually get it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy this, but there's something telling me to be cautious :/ I've watched the vids and stuff too. Suppose it'd be worth downloading the trial first.

Ricker

It doesn't look pretty but it's a potentially cool concept. I'll try before I dismiss it. Graphics aren't everything after all.

My thoughts exactly,Immersion factor will need to be good and the sense of Survival...

Fist Mad Max was ok but the second one was awesome,still some of the best chase/action scenes ever.... :p

bubnbob

Banned
Will get. We need to support games like this... even if they are unfortunately duds like Amy.

I mean, it's cool if you don't want to, though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sounds pretty good, I hope they do ok and release on PC, eventually, even as another UbiPort™.

By the way, another classic (and my favorite) post-apoc for your recommendation list:
1976_movie_poster_for_the_movie_'a_boy_and_his_dog'.jpg

edit: I like this poster better :)

donarumo

Neo Member
Where's "A Boy and His Dog" in the list of movies? Yeah, it had Don Johnson but he's good in it and it really was the original surviving post-apocalyptic wasteland film.

EDIT: zkylon beat me to it :)

big_z

hopefully this turns out to be good. it's an interesting idea but it's developement history doesnt speak well for it.

btw anyone that hasnt seen the road should. i watched both eli and the road in the same week and eli is a joke in comparison.

Just saw a preview video on Gamespot. Interesting concepts, especially in regards to how limiting your movements/climbing will be with a stamina gauge.

So what the word on a PSN version?

Shiggy

Still no reviews? Not too many pieces of information before the game's release? Average comments from people who've played the leaked version.
If I were you, I just wouldn't buy it as soon as it's released.

Larsen B

From the way it looked in the most recent trailers, I've got a feeling this is going to go the same way as Hydrophobia and Amy.

What is it with third-person DD-only games?

Still no reviews? Not too many pieces of information before the game's release? Average comments from people who've played the leaked version.
If I were you, I just wouldn't buy it as soon as it's released.

A friend of mine who is reviewing the game said he was actually enjoying it, but it felt a bit too linear to his taste, but overall had fun with it (he also said that the game is surprisingly hard).

Apparently, the ONLY post-apocalyptic game that doesn't feature anything supernatural.

So this is pretty much the closest we get to The Road: The Game.

Top Bottom