• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2011 Thread of reading the OP. Seriously. [Part 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

Depends entirely on the game and whether it has good crossfire or SLI profiles. In theory, the 6950's should perform better. In reality, it's a crapshoot. I know Haz has xfire'd 6950s, and he's ahead of my rig in the "race your PC" thread.

Also, finding unlocked 6950s can be quite difficult unless you get them secondhand.

Ah... I see. Is it true though that AMD cards tend to have more issues with drivers than Nvidia?

EDIT: You guys think it's worth it to get the 560 ti 448 and SLI them or just stick with the normal 560 ti's?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ah... I see. Is it true though that AMD cards tend to have more issues with drivers than Nvidia?

EDIT: You guys think it's worth it to get the 560 ti 448 and SLI them or just stick with the normal 560 ti's?
Get a 570 and wait for next gen of cards is what I would do.
If you want performance now get a 580.

If you want to max things now, wait for OC results on the 448 and see where it ends up.

Soi-Fong

Get a 570 and wait for next gen of cards is what I would do.
If you want performance now get a 580.

If you want to max things now, wait for OC results on the 448 and see where it ends up.

My thought process was well, two 560 ti's would end up being around the same price as the 580, but at least perform better than it.

With the 570, I'm not so sure...

I'm not planning on upgrading to the 600 series. I prolly won't upgrade again until 2013 when the new cards (700) come out.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My thought process was well, two 560 ti's would end up being around the same price as the 580, but at least perform better than it.

With the 570, I'm not so sure...

I'm not planning on upgrading to the 600 series. I prolly won't upgrade again until 2013 when the new cards (700) come out.
Are you comfortable with:
Updating drivers and using betas for new releases
Possible Microstuttering
Increased power, heat draw, and possible noise
Possible single 560 Ti performance in some cases

Really it depends how much you will put into it. SLi and xFire have mostly been good to me, but I'm not super picky about them. Single card performance for somethings is probably the biggest downside for me.

Soi-Fong

Are you comfortable with:
Updating drivers and using betas for new releases
Possible Microstuttering
Increased power, heat draw, and possible noise
Possible single 560 Ti performance in some cases

Really it depends how much you will put into it. SLi and xFire have mostly been good to me, but I'm not super picky about them. Single card performance for somethings is probably the biggest downside for me.

Ahh. I see. What are you currently SLI'ng Hazaro?

mkenyon

Banned
He has xfire'd 6950s.

I second all of his advice. If you are a tinkerer at heart and want possible max performance with headaches, SLI is indeed for you though.

I'm looking for some advice on the Windows Page File. I'm looking to free up some space on my SSD - I have 8GB RAM, and so Windows 7 has given me a default page file size of 8GB. I have heard that this is really not necessary, and I could reduce it significantly without any loss in performance?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I've run a GTX295 and currently have two 6950's.
I'm looking for some advice on the Windows Page File. I'm looking to free up some space on my SSD - I have 8GB RAM, and so Windows 7 has given me a default page file size of 8GB. I have heard that this is really not necessary, and I could reduce it significantly without any loss in performance?
Pagefile on HDD. You want to have it in case all your RAM gets filled, but disabling it allows it all to be RAM? Man it's been a long time since I read some article on that.
I think it's under some SSD section in the OP/2nd post.

Pagefile on HDD. You want to have it in case all your RAM gets filled, but disabling it allows it all to be RAM? Man it's been a long time since I read some article on that.
Ah. Serves me right for only skimming post 1. Seems to be varied opinions on this subject though. Many people say it's a terrible idea to touch the page file. Many people say you can disable it entirely, and some say you can put it to a low-ish value if you have loads of RAM.

xero273

Your first link is broken. Additionally, if you want your HTPC to just be an HTPC, you might consider an AMD E-350, Atom/Ion, or AMD A-X rig. The prior two are really low in power consumption and can certainly handle any amount of web browsing and video @ 1080p. On top of that, they're a lot less expensive than a SB setup.

sry about the link. here is what I had

ASRock Z68 PRO3-M 109.99
Silverstone GD04B 73.99
Gigabyte Geforce GT430 1GB 69.99
Corsair CX430 44.99
Intel Core i3-2100 124.99
Gskill Ripjaws 8GB (2x4GB) ddr3-1333 24.99
Samsung F4 2TB 199.99
Asus Blu-ray drive 57.99
HT Omega Striker 7.1 75.99

what would you recommend for AMD? I looked on newegg couldn't find anything AMD E350. Thanks for the advice

Any suggestions for a good aftermarket GPU cooler for an HD 5850?
The fan on mine went so Im looking to replace it.
In addition to what was already mentioned: Alpenföhn Peter/Deepcool Dracula, Thermalright Shaman, or even a Gelid Icy Vision if you find it reasonably priced.

Man, I feel like a need to take an online course just to undestand all this PC tech talk. My parents want to buy my brother a new gaming PC, but they don't know a motherboard from a chipset. I told them those Alienware PCs were a waste of money, but I don't think they have the know-how to build one of their own.

Everything is so confusing.
Did you go through the OP? It's very informative, takes out nearly all guesswork, and provides enough guidance to essentially walk you through by hand.

Depends on how it's actually priced. MSRP is supposed to be the same as the existing 560 Ti's based on the announcement info, but if retailers are going to price them at nearly $300 they'll struggle against the current model and 6950.
The thing is, $250 was always just a rumor. Unfortunately, they'd be foolish to sell it that low, unless it was closer to the GF110 560 Ti OEMs. Faster than a standard 560 Ti, and 6950. Custom card for ~$30-40 less than a reference 570, with 570-like performance. You need find a deal for the good custom 570s to drop into ref 570 price range, and same applies to finding ref 570s for custom 448 prices.

I haven't read any reviews, so I don't know if it's been confirmed if they're laser cut, or if people have already been tooling with different firmware options. If the odds of bricking aren't that bad, that would just add to the plus column. From what I've seen, vendor pricing seems reasonable; around MSRP, or a bit above for enhanced editions. Even if retailers try to use the limited run status to jack up prices, they'll still sell with people having difficulty finding 570 stock.

Getting rid of defective GTX 570's sounds good to me. They'll sell all they can.
The min frame boost over a 560 Ti is nice, but then, really at that price point a 6950 still wins since it's cheaper. At least nVidia has a card in that range (sort of) now. Depends on the actual reseller price and how many special editions and heatsinks sellers slap on them to drive the price up.
They have a great system in place to make the most of yields. GTX 570s that don't pass muster, can go as 560 Ti 448s. Those that can't pass for 448s, but aren't too far out of spec, can be sold to the ODMs, as GTX 560 Tis, like they've been doing for several months already.

hlhbk

My current specs are:

Intel Core I7 950 3.0 GHZ
ATI Radeon 5850
OCZ 4 GB PC 1600 RAM

I am noticing on the latest titles being released I am not able to runs the games maxed out at 1920x1200 and get anywher near 60 FPS. I am looking to get a newer video card as I weel my 5850 is the bottleneck after looking at the benchmark of top new games at many sites.

The two cards I am consdering are:

Saphire ATI 6870 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PFVNIY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

EVGA Superclocked Nvidia GTX 570 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004EYSMGW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Both of these are in the price range I am looking at. I am debating on which one to get? I want the best performance, but I am also considering that the Nvidia card will allow me to have Physx turned on and only have one card present.

So GAF I am really torn between these two. I am ordering from Amazon since I have prime and there is no sales tax. Can you guys help me decide?

mkenyon

Banned
That looks like a really good deal. Would this fare better in crossfire than two 560 ti's in SLI?
When drivers are working right. Go back up and read Haz's responses to your earlier questions.
My current specs are:

Intel Core I7 950 3.0 GHZ
ATI Radeon 5850
OCZ 4 GB PC 1600 RAM

I am noticing on the latest titles being released I am not able to runs the games maxed out at 1920x1200 and get anywher near 60 FPS. I am looking to get a newer video card as I weel my 5850 is the bottleneck after looking at the benchmark of top new games at many sites.

The two cards I am consdering are:

Saphire ATI 6870 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PFVNIY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

EVGA Superclocked Nvidia GTX 570 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004EYSMGW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Both of these are in the price range I am looking at. I am debating on which one to get? I want the best performance, but I am also considering that the Nvidia card will allow me to have Physx turned on and only have one card present.

So GAF I am really torn between these two. I am ordering from Amazon since I have prime and there is no sales tax. Can you guys help me decide?
It's a toss up. Nvidia you get PhysX, the 6970 gives you a better card when drivers are out for the game in question. They're both awesome cards.
I'm the guy who earlier had an issue with one of two nVidia Geforce 8800 GT cards blowing out on them. Just ordered the GeForce GTX 550 Ti form Amazon yesterday, my question is this: Can I link the newer card to the older nVidia Geforce 8800 GT that still works via SLI? Or would I have to buy a second GeForce GTX 550 Ti?
There's a SLI guide in the OP. Short answer: You need two of the same card to SLI.
Let's try this again...How does this Newegg deal stack up?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227368

Basically all I want is general use, and to play Blizzard and Valve games. Will this do?
Not well. Pretty horrible rig.

Current Build

CPU: Intel E4300 @ 2.8GHz
Mobo: Gigabyte 965P-DS3P (3.3)
RAM: 2GB A-DATA DDR800
GPU: GeForce 8800GTS @ 680/1050
OS HDD: Samsung 250GB SpinPoint 120
Storage HDD: 3x 500GB Raid-5
NAS: 12TB Synology DiskStation DS411j
Case: Antec p180 (Black)
PSU: Antec NeoPower 500
Cooling: Swiftech H20-APEX
Case Fans: Yate-Loon D12SL-12 x4
Monitor: Dell 2407WFP & 62" Toshiba 1080p (Movies)
Soundcard: Auzentech X-plosion 7.1

Proposed Build

CPU: Intel 2500K
Mobo: AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
RAM: 4x 4GB G-Skill DDR3 1600MHZ PC3-12800 CL9(16GBXL)
GPU: ASUS HD6970 2GB DirectCUII (Also thinking Sapphire 2GB 6970 FLeX edition?)
OS HDD: 128GB Crucial M4 C400 SSD
Storage HDD: 3x 500GB Raid-5
NAS: 12TB Synology DiskStation DS411j
Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D
PSU: Corsair AX-850
Cooling: Corsair H100 (with 2x 1150RPM Gentle Typhoons)
Case Fans: 2x Nexus Silent D12SL-12
Monitor: 2x 2407WFP & 62" Toshiba 1080p (Movies)
Soundcard: Auzentech X-Fi Forte

Reason For Build

Maximum overclocking & silence - contradiction? Maybe, but I'm looking for a middle ground.
Will game a bit, but want them to look great when I do.
Was going to go CrossFire 6970's but have decided to wait until 7900 series and upgrade then (case heat, noise & micro-stutter made me go this way...)
Will be going Eyefinity, but only 'selectable'; meaning. I will be gaming on the 2x 2407WFP's (3840x1200) but when watching movies, switch over to the 1x 62"; so will need an active DP -> DVI adapter.

hlhbk

When drivers are working right. Go back up and read Haz's responses to your earlier questions.

It's a toss up. Nvidia you get PhysX, the 6970 gives you a better card when drivers are out for the game in question. They're both awesome cards.

There's a SLI guide in the OP. Short answer: You need two of the same card to SLI.

Not well. Pretty horrible rig.

Would you agree updating my card would make a major difference? Please GAF I am really torn on what to get! Please leave your feedback!

Buy the cheapest with the quietest cooling. You can overclock it more yourself if you think you'll see a difference
probably 5fps max

Saying that,
and after checking out your links...
I'd personally chuck the extra down for the DS - read up on some reviews, but just from the looks of the card, I'd say it would cool much better and probably be quieter as well.

Also, DS probably means something like: Dual Fan Cooling / Superclocked Edition... or something.

Crap, well that means both video cards in the motherboard failed, not just one then. Oh well.

I find that extremely hard to believe - what happened? A lightning strike
through your window right between your graphics cards?
or a fire? I haven't used SLI/XFIRE yet, so this is probably not even worth saying; but do you have to select/deselect a dual graphics card setup in the bios, or does the computer boot with just one monitor, then Windows sorts out the spanning desktop after it loads? (When the computer was working of course.)

Soi-Fong

or a fire? I haven't used SLI/XFIRE yet, so this is probably not even worth saying; but do you have to select/deselect a dual graphics card setup in the bios, or does the computer boot with just one monitor, then Windows sorts out the spanning desktop after it loads? (When the computer was working of course.)

Lightning once struck my girlfriend's garage. It was pretty crazy. Good thing both cars were outside of the garage.

mkenyon

Banned
Would you agree updating my card would make a major difference? Please GAF I am really torn on what to get! Please leave your feedback!
Check out the raw numbers for yourself. When upgrading a single generation, you're not going to see anything overly significant, unless you're upgrading from a lower-tier card in the previous gen to a higher tiered card in current gen. But, only you can really decide if the upgrade is worth it to you.
Like Wolfgang said, grab the least expensive of the three. Reading some random forum posts (can't seem to find a review on the "DS" cooler), and it seems that the DS is actually a bit louder than reference. FWIW, reference 5xx coolers are actually quite good. If you really want to get a nice quiet card, go with an MSI Twin Frozr II or an ASUS DCuII. Otherwise, stick with the cheapest EVGA one if you have a particular affinity for the brand.

Crap, well that means both video cards in the motherboard failed, not just one then. Oh well.
You've tried each separately? Made sure there was no option in BIOS that you had to select for some random reason? Went through all of the nvidia control stuff to make sure there was no remaining checkbox?

Granted, when I remove one of my cards, I don't really need to do any of that, so I have to wonder if your PSU possibly fried both cards. If both failed at the same time, I would be really worried about what other component caused that to happen, because it certainly isn't just random happenstance.'

@Wolfgang, Whats with the spoiler tags above? Made it impossible to read on my phone.

Zzoram

How good/fast/reliable are the current generation of SSD, and when is the next generation coming? What does a good SSD cost and how many years can it be used?

hlhbk

Check out the raw numbers for yourself. When upgrading a single generation, you're not going to see anything overly significant, unless you're upgrading from a lower-tier card in the previous gen to a higher tiered card in current gen. But, only you can really decide if the upgrade is worth it to you.

Like Wolfgang said, grab the least expensive of the three. Reading some random forum posts (can't seem to find a review on the "DS" cooler), and it seems that the DS is actually a bit louder than reference. FWIW, reference 5xx coolers are actually quite good. If you really want to get a nice quiet card, go with an MSI Twin Frozr II or an ASUS DCuII. Otherwise, stick with the cheapest EVGA one if you have a particular affinity for the brand.

You've tried each separately? Made sure there was no option in BIOS that you had to select for some random reason? Went through all of the nvidia control stuff to make sure there was no remaining checkbox?

Granted, when I remove one of my cards, I don't really need to do any of that, so I have to wonder if your PSU possibly fried both cards. If both failed at the same time, I would be really worried about what other component caused that to happen, because it certainly isn't just random happenstance.'

@Wolfgang, Whats with the spoiler tags above? Made it impossible to read on my phone.

I only get around 40 FPS in towns in Skyrim with everything on high without mods, would the card make a difference with this?

The 2nd, though I had checked the BIOS to be sure. What I will do is boot up to Safe mode again and goto the nVidia interface thingy and doublecheck it.

Granted, when I remove one of my cards, I don't really need to do any of that, so I have to wonder if your PSU possibly fried both cards. If both failed at the same time, I would be really worried about what other component caused that to happen, because it certainly isn't just random happenstance.
Tried each separately. Like I said, I'll doublecheck in Safe mode.

mkenyon

Banned
I only get around 40 FPS in towns in Skyrim with everything on high without mods, would the card make a difference with this?
This guide will give you a pretty good idea. 6870 is roughly equivalent to a 5850.
How good/fast/reliable are the current generation of SSD, and when is the next generation coming? What does a good SSD cost and how many years can it be used?
Good, fast, and reliable, depending on the type. Not certain on the next gen, bit more to get out of SATA 6GB. Most of the info is in the OP. They vary in cost, but for a high end SSD, expect about $175-200 for a 120GB drive.

JJBro One

Part list permalink / Part price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($42.84 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Video Card ($207.55 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.00 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS424-98 DVD/CD Writer ($22.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $582.36
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated 2011-11-29 23:43 EST-0500)

I need a MOBO and a PSU. I'm trying to keep the cost down and I want to know if there are any one's out of the Newegg Encore sale I should be considering. Also what's a good cooler for this build that's on the cheap side? As far as mobos I was considering these three:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-280-_-N82E16813130616&nm_mc=ET2011_listing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-280-_-N82E16813130598&nm_mc=ET2011_listing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-280-_-N82E16813138296&nm_mc=ET2011_listing

Petrie

Banned
I ordered the following:

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155

MSI H67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB)

To use with my GTX 460, what I'm hoping to get is some info on with this combo, what my easiest and best overclocking options will be. I have this aftermarket cooler:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XZM0HQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And I'm unsure if it will be usable. I'm not super knowledgeable, so any help I can get with my overclocking would be most appreciated. I was able to overclock my 2.5 Intel to 3.3 on my P5Q Pro with a few days effort and some help online, but I'll basically be back to square one with this new build. Thanks so much in advance for any assistance given.

Also, I'd like to get a SSD for my new build at least for windows. Recommendations for the best value available right now?

knitoe

Anyone using a AMD fusion E-350?

Planning to use it as a media PC under the TV. Mainly for internet videos. How well does it handle 720p or 1080p streaming videos?

mkenyon

Banned
Anyone using a AMD fusion E-350?

Planning to use it as a media PC under the TV. Mainly for internet videos. How well does it handle 720p or 1080p streaming videos?
I do, plays em fine. Does Blu Ray encoded files even, pseudo-streaming off my fileserver.
I ordered the following:

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155

MSI H67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB)

To use with my GTX 460, what I'm hoping to get is some info on with this combo, what my easiest and best overclocking options will be. I have this aftermarket cooler:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XZM0HQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And I'm unsure if it will be usable. I'm not super knowledgeable, so any help I can get with my overclocking would be most appreciated. I was able to overclock my 2.5 Intel to 3.3 on my P5Q Pro with a few days effort and some help online, but I'll basically be back to square one with this new build. Thanks so much in advance for any assistance given.

Also, I'd like to get a SSD for my new build at least for windows. Recommendations for the best value available right now?
You can't overclock with an H67 board. Other info available in the OP.

Only SSD's I'd recommend right now are the Intel 320, Crucial M4, or Corsair Force/Force GT.
I'd really suggest staying away from a WD Cav Green. Have had 4 fail on me out of 4 total.

Part list permalink / Part price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($42.84 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Video Card ($207.55 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.00 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS424-98 DVD/CD Writer ($22.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $582.36
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated 2011-11-29 23:43 EST-0500)

I need a MOBO and a PSU. I'm trying to keep the cost down and I want to know if there are any one's out of the Newegg Encore sale I should be considering. Also what's a good cooler for this build that's on the cheap side? As far as mobos I was considering these three:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-280-_-N82E16813130616&nm_mc=ET2011_listing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-280-_-N82E16813130598&nm_mc=ET2011_listing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-280-_-N82E16813138296&nm_mc=ET2011_listing
Can't OC that 2500K on an H67. Look at the OP for mobo rec's.

Smokey

Kadey or anybody else that streams:

What program do I need to use to stream at 60fps? Right now I use Dynno to capture my gameplay, but it's limited to 30fps. I noticed when streaming Modern Warfare 3, the stream was looking sluggish even though the game wasn't when I was playing. I'm assuming that's the 60fps -> 30fps effect to the stream.

Any help?

Set it to 512-768 MB and keep it on yourSSD. Page file is perfect for SSD's and I don't care what anyone says, if both Microsoft and Intel recommend keeping at least a small page file, it is definitely advice to be followed.

Just an FYI, Skyrim is heavily CPU-reliant and if your CPU isn't up to snuff, a faster GPU might only give you minimal gains.

JJBro One

I do, plays em fine. Does Blu Ray encoded files even, pseudo-streaming off my fileserver.

You can't overclock with an H67 board. Other info available in the OP.

Only SSD's I'd recommend right now are the Intel 320, Crucial M4, or Corsair Force/Force GT.

I'd really suggest staying away from a WD Cav Green. Have had 4 fail on me out of 4 total.

Can't OC that 2500K on an H67. Look at the OP for mobo rec's.

Can I overclock this? It says its crossfire capable but can I sli? http://www.circuitcity.com/applicat...ffiliateID=dlUPo6w0KBI-VPrQPi6qtjc_OLMBr_8XYw

8vI66.jpg

Intel Ivy Bridge CPU line-up leak, LGA 1155 Sandy Bridge vs Ivy Bridge cross-compatibility info, and & Intel Z77, Z75, H77, Q77, Q75, and B75 7-series Chipset specs:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33022617&postcount=18288
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33027760&postcount=18309

Intel Reveals Official Next-Gen "Ivy Bridge" Chip Performance Numbers to Partners.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/di...y_Bridge_Performance_Numbers_to_Partners.html

...The documents by Intel, which have leaked to the Internet, demonstrate that Intel rather high expectations for its next-generation Core i 3000-series microprocessors when it comes to general purpose performance and especially graphics performance. According to the documents, Intel Core i7-3770 (4 cores with HyperThreading, 3.40GHz, 8MB cache) will deliver the following advantages compared its predecessor Core i7-2600 (4 cores with HyperThreading, 3.40GHz, 8MB cache):

+7% higher overall SYSmark 2012 score;
+14% higher overall HDXPRT 2011 score;
+15% higher Cinebench 11.5 score;
+13% better ProShow Gold 4.5 result;
+25% faster performance in Excel 2010;
+56% faster performance in ArcSoft Media Expresso;
+192% higher overall 3DMark Vantage score;
+17% faster performance in 3DMark Vantage CPU benchmark;
+199% faster performance in 3DMark Vantage GPU benchmark;​

intel_ivy_bridge_performance_1.jpg
intel_ivy_bridge_performance_2.jpg

X-bit Labs doesn't directly mention, or link to the source, but it stems from the HWBOT forums. The full presentation is 128 pages long. Download links available in hi-res PDF, and jpeg forms below:

And a lot more @ Intel's WW03 Gallery

The pdf is available here: IntelWW03.pdf

UPDATE: Okay just because I am nice:

.rar file with all JPG files 100 % Quality
Featuring:

•Q4’12 to the roadmaps
•Ivy Bridge SKU details for Intel® Core™ Processor Family (quad-core)
•Ivy Bridge performance data
•Low Power processor Business roadmap page
•Ivy Bridge Feature Chart
•New roadmap segment for Atom
•Built-in-Visuals page for 3rd gen Intel Core Processors; applications/games list page; graphics comparison page
•Introduction of Intel® Core™ i7-3820 processor moved to Q1’12
•Feature Table matrix with Ivy Bridge and new Atom processor; Intel® Pentium® and Celeron® processors moved to separate page
•EOL table
•Legacy roadmaps to reflect EOL status
•Q4’12 to the roadmaps
•Ivy Bridge support to Intel 6 Series Chipsets (Consumer)
•Sandy Bridge support to Intel B75 Express Chipset
•Intel® Identity Protection Technology with PEAT and WYSIWYS
•Enterprise Platform and Small Business Platform roadmaps and Value Proposition pages
•Consumer Platform Roadmap and Value Proposition pages
•vPro/SIPP program for Ivy Bridge MS1 processor modified
•2012 SIPP table
•Responsive Technologies page
•2012 Intel® vPro™ Technology page
a0rLb.jpg

5JjoQ.jpg

f6s6V.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom