• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2013 Part 2. Haswell = #IntelnoTIM, but free online. READ THE OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkenyon

Banned
Grabbed a PNG of the XL2411T, what is the going price? £250?

hWjzXXK.png

in the process of looking for a case

what's general concensus on best case in regards to noise and cooling?

Is it the Fractal?
These four questions should narrow down case choices to just a few options.

1) What form factor do you want?

2) Do you want something stylish and high end, practical, or budget?

3) Do you see yourself adding a closed loop cooler or even full on watercooling?

4) Do you value silence over cooling potential?

Answer those and I'll throw some options at you.

These four questions should narrow down case choices to just a few options.

1) What form factor do you want?

2) Do you want something stylish and high end, practical, or budget?

3) Do you see yourself adding a closed loop cooler or even full on watercooling?

4) Do you value silence over cooling potential?

Answer those and I'll throw some options at you.

1. A mid or full sized case is fine by me. I'm running an SLI setup so not sure if that makes any difference. As long as my components aren't cramped in there. I want it to be clean and neat so if a full sized case is required to achieve this then I'm fine with it.

2. Practical, preferably something that doesn't take me a year to get in just to add a stick of RAM.

3. Yes, in particular the CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i Water Cooler.

4. Silence

Kydd BlaZe

Finally got my rig up and running. Just wanted to thank all of those that pointed me in the right direction here. After years and years of gaming exclusively on consoles, I have finally seen the light. I was always wondering why the PC crowd in general seemed like a cynical, jaded bunch.

I now understand.

I'm looking at my 360/PS3 set-up a lot differently these days, and I'm wondering why I didn't jump into PC gaming a lot sooner. Running pretty much everything on ultra at 1080P 60fps, and coming from sub HD resolutions and barely 30fps for most console games is one hell of a jump. I also seemed to pick just the right time to jump in as well, with the Steam sales going on. Replacing most of my console collection here. Playing the PC versions of these games is like an entirely new experience.

PC gaming is awesome....that is all. <3

mkenyon

Banned
1. A mid or full sized case is fine by me. I'm running an SLI setup so not sure if that makes any difference. As long as my components aren't cramped in there. I want it to be clean and neat so if a full sized case is required to achieve this then I'm fine with it.

2. Practical, preferably something that doesn't take me a year to get in just to add a stick of RAM.

3. Yes, in particular the CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i Water Cooler.

4. Silence
Yep, Fractal Define R4. You might want to add a fan or two though.

NZXT H630 is another good option with a bit more space.

SiRatul

I have a z87 pro and used the 4-way optimization it OC my CPU to 4.6 but after using prime95 for less than an hour my pc crashed. so I decreased it to around 4.2 but after restarting my Pc it went back to 4.6. so I suggest you don't.

Thanks for the input. So far I have heard something about prime95 not officially supporting haswell yet and in some cases adding 0.1V on top of the chosen voltage if you are on adaptive voltage. Supposedly this causes a lot of trouble as soon as you try going for some higher overclocks. But I have no clue how much truth there is to that.

Anyway I guess I'll just do the usual manual OC after maybe playing around with AI suite. I'm only aiming for a moderate OC so things should be fine.

Mad Max

Thanks for the input. So far I have heard something about prime95 not officially supporting haswell yet and in some cases adding 0.1V on top of the chosen voltage if you are on adaptive voltage. Supposedly this causes a lot of trouble as soon as you try going for some higher overclocks. But I have no clue how much truth there is to that.

Anyway I guess I'll just do the usual manual OC after maybe playing around with AI suite. I'm only aiming for a moderate OC so things should be fine.

Prime uses avx instructions, which causes the processor the increase the voltage by about 0.01V by design. This is inherent to the architecture and can't be changed through bios settings or software. It's not exclusive to prime95 either, since all good stresstests use avx really.

But yes, if you want to OC you should just do it manually. The auto OC options generally increase the vcore way too much for my tastes.

Cross-post from B/S/T:

Selling:

Corsair H80i

Perfect condition, only installed for a few hours (does not fit as well as I'd like in my micro case).

$50 shipped. All packaging and accessories included. Thermal paste was pre-applied, so you'll need some.

HelloMeow

Currently I'm planning to get this, but I'm not sure about the PSU yet.

I'm planning on getting a second 770 in a year or two. I've done some searching and apparently a decent 750w PSU will do fine, even when doing a bit of overclocking. Is the Corsair CX750M good enough? I'm looking for a 80-90€ PSU that will do a decent job, when I eventually get a second 770.

Intel Core i5 3570K
Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
Gigabyte GV-N770OC-2GD
Crucial Ballistix 2x4 gb
Western Digital Blue WD5000AAKX, 500GB
Corsair Carbide 300R
Corsair CX750M

Socreges

Banned
Lots of places to buy used gear. This thread, the buy sell trade thread, overclock.net classifieds, kijiji.ca, et cetera.

Canada sucks for prices. We don't have microcenter deals that easily chop $100 or more off the price of mobo and cpu.

The reason I suggest a used 670 or 680 is that if you can find a good deal they are amazing price to performance. A 760 is basically a slower 670 and a 770 is a slightly faster 680. Their bioses are compatible! (With a little work).

I'll put together a build for you later today to try and bring that down a little.
Nice, looking forward to it...

Addnan

Currently I'm planning to get this, but I'm not sure about the PSU yet.

I'm planning on getting a second 770 in a year or two. I've done some searching and apparently a decent 750w PSU will do fine, even when doing a bit of overclocking. Is the Corsair CX750M good enough? I'm looking for a 80-90&#8364; PSU that will do a decent job, when I eventually get a second 770.

Intel Core i5 3570K
Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
Gigabyte GV-N770OC-2GD
Crucial Ballistix 2x4 gb
Western Digital Blue WD5000AAKX, 500GB
Corsair Carbide 300R
Corsair CX750M

Change that motherboard to the MSI G45. As for power supply, will depend what you can get where you are. I would avoid corsair CX. Try to get a XFX, seasonic or Corsair AX. Where are you ordering from?

kharma45

Change that motherboard to the MSI G45. As for power supply, will depend what you can get where you are. I would avoid corsair CX. Try to get a XFX, seasonic or Corsair AX. Where are you ordering from?

Or Be Quiet! too since he's in Europe as another option.

HelloMeow

From the Netherlands. I think most brands are available here.
I've been looking at the XFX PRO750W, the Seasonic M12II 750W and the Corsair CX750M.

The motherboard isn't set in stone either, and I keep changing it all the time. I prefer a Micro-ATX motherboard.

kharma45

From the Netherlands. I think most brands are available here.
I've been looking at the XFX PRO750W, the Seasonic M12II 750W and the Corsair CX750M.

The motherboard isn't set in stone either, and I keep changing it all the time. I prefer a Micro-ATX motherboard.

Why MicroATX? It's going to give you zero advantages. Disregard that Corsair.

Anything Be Quiet! available?

mkenyon

Banned
Why MicroATX? It's going to give you zero advantages. Disregard that Corsair.

Because it's smaller while still allowing more than one expansion device. Check out the Silverstone SG10. You can get some pretty tiny cases for mATX.

kharma45

Because it's smaller while still allowing more than one expansion device. Check out the Silverstone SG10. You can get some pretty tiny cases for mATX.

But he's planning to put it into a 300R so I don't see the point. He needs to change the case if he wants mATX.

I am in a bit if a different situation than most:

I have a 2010 MacBook Pro (2.53 ghz processor, 4 gigs of ram) in great shape that I want to either trade for a Windows laptop or sell in order to buy a Windows laptop.

I would use it for 3 things and don't really need it to be top of the line, though I hate huge laptops:
1. Writing (I'm a writer, after all!)
2. Podcasting/editing podcasts
3. Playing indie games with a 360 controller. I REALLY hate missing out on so many indies!

Any advice?

HelloMeow

Why MicroATX? It's going to give you zero advantages.

But is it going to give me any disadvantages? I only need 2 pci-e 3.0 x16 slots and the usual usb and sata stuff.

It's not about the size of the board or case. I'm Dutch, so I don't want to pay for something I'm never going to use.

Disregard that Corsair.

Yes, the Be quiet! Pure Power L8 730W CM fits in my budget.

AznMan37

Neo Member
So I'm thinking about building a new computer. My current computer is running with GTX 570 sli. I can't check the motherboard right and psu right now since I'm at my summer term in college and won't be able to check for 2 weeks. I believe I have an AMD Phemom II X6 1100T cpu but I would have to double check on that.

I'm thinking about upgrading into this:

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 ($109.99)
CPU: i7 4770K ($279.99)
CPU cooler: Thermaltake Water 2.0 ($139.99)
Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER ($229.99)
Graphics Card: GTX 780 ($639.18)
Total: about $1400

Would this be a good upgrade/build? And I was assuming I could just use my ram, PSU (I obviously need to check what PSU I have but since I'm currently running sli I think it should be fine) and storage from my old computer.

So I'm thinking about building a new computer. My current computer is running with GTX 570 sli. I can't check the motherboard right and psu right now since I'm at my summer term in college and won't be able to check for 2 weeks. I believe I have an AMD Phemom II X6 1100T cpu but I would have to double check on that.

I'm thinking about upgrading into this:

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 ($109.99)
CPU: i7 4770K ($279.99)
CPU cooler: Thermaltake Water 2.0 ($139.99)
Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER ($229.99)
Graphics Card: GTX 780 ($639.18)
Total: about $1400

Would this be a good upgrade/build? And I was assuming I could just use my ram, PSU (I obviously need to check what PSU I have but since I'm currently running sli I think it should be fine) and storage from my old computer.

Looks like a good build, I'd suggest the Corsair H80i to save some money (a GAFFER is selling his for 50 on the previous page or so).

Socreges

Banned
I am in a bit if a different situation than most:

I have a 2010 MacBook Pro (2.53 ghz processor, 4 gigs of ram) in great shape that I want to either trade for a Windows laptop or sell in order to buy a Windows laptop.

I would use it for 3 things and don't really need it to be top of the line, though I hate huge laptops:
1. Writing (I'm a writer, after all!)
2. Podcasting/editing podcasts
3. Playing indie games with a 360 controller. I REALLY hate missing out on so many indies!

Any advice?
Yes. Try this thread. :p

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
thanks man

Did you just order additional fans online?

Yes, I ran with the stock fans for a while and waited for an online deal. I grabbed the BitFenix 140 mm with blue LED lighting for $12 each. They are 88 CFM fans at only ~23 decibels. You can go under 20 decibels if you want to spend a bit more or shoot for 1000 RPM/less than 88 CFM. But as I said, even with all five fans going at 1,000 - 1,500 RPM with Prime95 they don't make a lot of noise. With regular gaming they are very quiet. I'm overclocking at 4.5 ghz. With the 5 fans and Hyper Evo I'm at ~72 degrees under full load.

kennah

Nice, looking forward to it...

Been working on it. Man Vancouver and Victoria suck for used parts. There is nothing at all on Kijiji worth buying. Couple questions

1. Had you settled on a case you like?
2. Are keyboard/mouse/monitor/os included in your initial budget?
3. Can you link me a new egg wishlist for what you had priced out last night?

I've put together the following _solid_ build, and am trying to trim fat where I can.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Memory Express)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($25.30 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Ed 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($55.25 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($181.75 @ Vuugo)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.79 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB Video Card ($301.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ NCIX)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($17.50 @ Vuugo)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($279.00 @ Canada Computers)
Keyboard: Rosewill RK-101 Wired Standard Keyboard ($5.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei RAW Wired Laser Mouse ($49.99 @ NCIX)
Total: $1624.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-17 16:41 EDT-0400)

Socreges

Banned
Been working on it. Man Vancouver and Victoria suck for used parts. There is nothing at all on Kijiji worth buying. Couple questions

1. Had you settled on a case you like?
2. Are keyboard/mouse/monitor/os included in your initial budget?

I've put together the following _solid_ build, and am trying to trim fat where I can.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Memory Express)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($25.30 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Ed 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($55.25 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($181.75 @ Vuugo)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.79 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB Video Card ($301.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ NCIX)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($17.50 @ Vuugo)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($279.00 @ Canada Computers)
Keyboard: Rosewill RK-101 Wired Standard Keyboard ($5.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei RAW Wired Laser Mouse ($49.99 @ NCIX)
Total: $1624.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-17 16:41 EDT-0400)
First off, thanks a lot. I owe you a Steam game or something.

1. Had you settled on a case you like? Not really. Not concerned about style - quiet would be nice, but I'm hoping this is one area where I can save money.
2. Are keyboard/mouse/monitor/os included in your initial budget? Nah. Those costs will likely be split with my gf, so I'm just looking at the PC for now.

I've made my Newegg wishlist public. How do I find the link to post here? Really glad I made the wishlist last night. Had never shopped at Newegg before so had never heard of that option.

Maybe: Click here, search 'Excellent Build'. Dunno if it'll show up. Didn't for me, but maybe just because it's on my account.

[edit] Ok, I took a closer look at your build and I see you've actually included the OS, monitor, optical drive, etc. that I had neglected. Wow.... I think you've done a much better job than I did.

chronomac

I'm new to this thread. I've been thinking about building my own machine for a while but money's been a little tight. Well, my co-worker currently has this machine for sale:

8 GB RAM
AMD Athlon II x4 640 CPU
500 GB HD (7200 RPM)
GeForce 8800 GT (512 MB)

He's asking $250, but I might can get him down to $200. Is it worth that much and is it upgradable? Could I use some of these parts, upgrade others and be good for a while? I'm not look for high performance. Just enough to play most, if not all games, at reasonable settings.

EDIT: I don't know the motherboard. I'll ask tomorrow.

Found out about the motherboard: Asus M4A78LT-M. It looks like I could add another 8 GBs of RAM and upgrade the video card. So it's probably worth the cash, right?

kennah

First off, thanks a lot. I owe you a Steam game or something.

1. Had you settled on a case you like? Not really. Not concerned about style - quiet would be nice, but I'm hoping this is one area where I can save money.
2. Are keyboard/mouse/monitor/os included in your initial budget? Nah. Those costs will likely be split with my gf, so I'm just looking at the PC for now.

I've made my Newegg wishlist public. How do I find the link to post here? Really glad I made the wishlist last night. Had never shopped at Newegg before so had never heard of that option.

Maybe: Click here, search 'Excellent Build'. Dunno if it'll show up. Didn't for me, but maybe just because it's on my account.

[edit] Ok, I took a closer look at your build and I see you've actually included the OS, monitor, optical drive, etc. that I had neglected. Wow.... I think you've done a much better job than I did.

Oh ok cool. I guess if you take out Monitor, OS, Keyboard and Mouse you could do that build with a 770 4gig card (+$150). As well could add $30 to get an Asus P8Z77 LK.

I wouldn't recommend skimping on the case, the Fractal is one of the quieter easier to work with cases there is.

If you don't need an optical drive that's a little bit of savings too.

Another option would be to do local pickup at NCIX to save a little bit of shipping money, also Memory Express does FREE shipping on Wednesdays.

A lot of what is in there is balanced with price to performance. The PSU and Case are both particularly good deals that would be good to jump on if you can. The PSU is $20 off regular price today plus another $20 rebate. Hell of a deal. Case is normally over $100.

Feel free to ask any more questions. The only thing I'd really change is better video card and maybe better fans for the case. *shrug*

Found out about the motherboard: Asus M4A78LT-M. It looks like I could add another 8 GBs of RAM and upgrade the video card. So it's probably worth the cash, right?

Don't bother adding more RAM. Pointless for games and you'd be held back by the CPU at that point anyway. Otherwise, sure I guess it's ok for $200. Find a good deal on a 560Ti for a decent video upgrade. (~$100-120)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm about to drop the money for a 760 4 GB. While I'm spending money, I see a lot of mention of the Samsung 840 120 GB SSD. I don't currently have a SSD. How much would the SSD change my life (hyperbole, but you get what I mean)?

Socreges

Banned
Oh ok cool. I guess if you take out Monitor, OS, Keyboard and Mouse you could do that build with a 770 4gig card (+$150). As well could add $30 to get an Asus P8Z77 LK.

I wouldn't recommend skimping on the case, the Fractal is one of the quieter easier to work with cases there is.

If you don't need an optical drive that's a little bit of savings too.

Another option would be to do local pickup at NCIX to save a little bit of shipping money, also Memory Express does FREE shipping on Wednesdays.

A lot of what is in there is balanced with price to performance. The PSU and Case are both particularly good deals that would be good to jump on if you can. The PSU is $20 off regular price today plus another $20 rebate. Hell of a deal. Case is normally over $100.

Feel free to ask any more questions. The only thing I'd really change is better video card and maybe better fans for the case. *shrug*
Here it comes then....

Do Vuugo and Canada Computers not charge for shipping (above a certain price, I guess)? Or is PartPicker just not including that in the overall cost since pick up is an option (which, in reality, it isn't since I don't live in Ontario)?

Is it normally best to get the best price from each retailer, even if it means buying 12 parts from 6? Or is it often worth paying a little more on some items in order to streamline the order and bundle to minimize shipping costs? Or is that something that needs to be worked out case by case?

I feel like my plan of action could be picking up from NCIX and DirectCanada (Greater Vancouver), ordering from Amazon (free), ordering from MemoryExpress (free tonight), and ordering the rest from NewEgg (some shipping cost)....

And what am I gaining by jumping up to the P8Z77? Or the MSI Z77 MPower? Motherboards are still something that I don't understand very well.

Gurrry

I currently have an AMD 7450.. Looking at getting the 7750...

I looked at the differences but im not too sure what all of this means. Am I really going to see that big of a difference in my gaming?

What are some of the other benefits of upgrading your GPU?

Socreges

Banned
I'm about to drop the money for a 760 4 GB. While I'm spending money, I see a lot of mention of the Samsung 840 120 GB SSD. I don't currently have a SSD. How much would the SSD change my life (hyperbole, but you get what I mean)?
I was also wondering this (had never heard of SSD before) and the impression I got is that SSD is just more secure for essential files since the parts don't move and, so, can't be corrupted. Not sure if there are any other benefits.

Addnan

I was also wondering this (had never heard of SSD before) and the impression I got is that SSD is just more secure for essential files since the parts don't move and, so, can't be corrupted. Not sure if there are any other benefits.

It makes everything so much faster and snappier. You really have to experience it, so much better than running stuff from HDD.

kennah

Get as much as you can locally even if it is a couple bucks more. You'll likely save on shipping in the end.

As for motherboard differences it is basically just astheticsfeatures and overclockability. But from the sounds of it tyou don't need a super top end board to push extreme clocks, or do multi sli et cetera. The MSI g45 is probably fine for your needs.

Socreges

Banned
It makes everything so much faster and snappier. You really have to experience it, so much better than running stuff from HDD.
Ah ok. I'd wondering about that, but hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Get as much as you can locally even if it is a couple bucks more. You'll likely save on shipping in the end.

As for motherboard differences it is basically just astheticsfeatures and overclockability. But from the sounds of it tyou don't need a super top end board to push extreme clocks, or do multi sli et cetera. The MSI g45 is probably fine for your needs.
Great, thanks.

Do you know why Canada Computers and Vuugo aren't showing shipping costs?

kharma45

I think we're on the same page. Though, TDP might not mean what you think it means:

More power = more cooling. In fact, you can measure the cooling power any heatsink has most accurately in watts dissipated.

Could be that I'm much more MP game focused than big pretty graphic SP game focused. The Intel chips are such a noticeable improvement that it's so hard to recommend anything else.

I get what TDP is (generally), I just don't get why you're saying the AMD stuff turns into a 225-275W TDP CPU when OC'd. By that metric then surely the 4670K is a 130w TDP part when under load at stock?

I just hope more sites come out with more latency stuff for CPUs. What got me interested in the FX 6300 was that the 6350 performed well relative to its rival the i3 3220 in those tests and the only thing I could figure was that it was the mild OC that the 6350 carries. It's a limited number of games there though that TR did, only three. The graphs you tend to post are of older generation titles which the i3 comfortably wins but if TR can do some more with more recent title it'd be interesting to see if they follow the Crysis 3, FC3 trend. It would be nice too as well to see multiplayer benches as you're big into it as you say so it'd be interesting to see how much of a lead, if any, the i3 would have there.

Don't think of me as some sort of AMD nut :p as I said I don't really recommend AMD to anyone on here, I just think the 6300 is the one CPU in their range that is worth some sort of consideration.

I currently have an AMD 7450.. Looking at getting the 7750...

I looked at the differences but im not too sure what all of this means. Am I really going to see that big of a difference in my gaming?

What are some of the other benefits of upgrading your GPU?

Depends on what the rest of your system is. There'll be a large jump though from that GPU.

SSD is just fast, fast, fast. So fast. You need one.

They're so fast.

I have an AMD FX 8350 processor for a spare PC, and I was wondering if this

0308399_093880.jpg

Zalman CNPS9900LED Universal Copper CPU Cooler

would be good enough for it? Thanks in advance!

Seems to perform reasonably well

900x900px-LL-a95b77d9_9e01fd1c.png

If you're gaming don't waste money on more RAM. You'll have no upgrade path with that board either since it's AM3 and everything AMD is putting out now is AM3+ or FM2.

But is it going to give me any disadvantages? I only need 2 pci-e 3.0 x16 slots and the usual usb and sata stuff.

It's not about the size of the board or case. I'm Dutch, so I don't want to pay for something I'm never going to use.

Yes, the Be quiet! Pure Power L8 730W CM fits in my budget.

The Be Quiet! is a good unit too, worth of consideration.

How much cheaper is a mATX board? I can't imagine by much really if at all. Extreme4 isn't the Z77 board to go for either, stuff like the MSI GD55 is a better buy.

Gurrry

Thanks for the reply Kharma.

I have an AMD FX 6100, 300w psu, 10 gb of ram. Its a stock HP pc I got from best buy.

It seems like the best GPU I can get is the AMD 7750 for my current PSU. Im ready to pull the trigger on Newegg, but I have a question...

What is the difference between low profile and non low profile GPU's? Do they consume the same amount of power? Do they still perform the same?

kharma45

Thanks for the reply Kharma.

I have an AMD FX 6100, 300w psu, 10 gb of ram. Its a stock HP pc I got from best buy.

It seems like the best GPU I can get is the AMD 7750 for my current PSU. Im ready to pull the trigger on Newegg, but I have a question...

What is the difference between low profile and non low profile GPU's? Do they consume the same amount of power? Do they still perform the same?

They're the same bar the coolers and usually take up less slots as a result. Which are you looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom