• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2014 Part 1. 1080p and 60FPS is so last-gen and your 2500K is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I have the Asus DC2OC variety.

I had the EVGA SC version before and couldn't come anywhere close.

So this is gud?
If clocks are true I'd sell that shit on OCN or XtremeSystems for tons o money.
That's free HWBot points right there.
Wait...

The Titan Z is actually coming out? I thought it was scrapped because of AMD's offering?

http://www.evga.com/Products/Produc...Force+TITAN+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+TITAN+Z

.... ... ... Am I insane for wanting to sell my Titan with EK Block for that Z Hydro Copper? I'm not gonna do it... stupid with 800 series around the corner. But damn, that Z HC is sexy as hell.
Depends how much money you make

I'll just sit in my corner working on my own project.

McBryBry

How big of a power supply would be good for an Intel PC with 2 EVGA GTX 780 6GB Superclocked cards? I'm assuming a 750W will do the job?

Thrakier

I need to warn everyone to not use the latest NVIDIA driver at least if you own a 660TI.

I'm not having a SLI setup, just a 660TI here. The latest Nividia driver is just fucked. It costs me up to 20 frames in the SAME scene in Dark Souls 2.

Probably more than 20FPS, since I get rock stable 60FPS with 337.50 in DS2. With the latest WHQL I'm down to 37FPS in the same scene. I don't think it's a DS2 issue. I always had issues in f.e. Sonic Generations. I'm now back to 337.50 and I will stay there. All is fine again. Weird. What's going on with Nividia?

Lethal

Neo Member
So, there's nothing in the OP for fans? I need a recommendation on some quiet fans. Naturally, the stronger the better.

I need one for static pressure and 2 case fans. Thanks, guys.

LilJoka

I'd pull up both a GPU-Z and Afterburner / Precision time graph while it's running or shortly after.

Not sure what else off the top of my head.

nVidia Inspector is what i use as it gives the correct core and memory speeds as soon as you apply the offset.

DoctorZ

I could use some help on this. I''ve been investigating small form factor cases for a while now and I was initially thinking I'd change my mobo to a mini itx, but now I've seen a few micro atx options I'm considering just getting one of those and moving my PC into that.

The reason I want to do this is that I go between my gf's place and mine about 1-3 times a week and like to take my PC with me, currently its to take Rocksmith 2014 with me to practice on.

My current rig, just things that might cause issues with a smaller case.

Current case is the CM Storm Scout which according to newegg weighs almost 19 pounds so obviously this is pretty hard to move around, although it does have a handle which is why I picked this case over others.

GTX 480 (~241 mm)
CM Hyper 212+ heatsink
Corsaid HX620 (semi modular)

I've been looking at the Bitfenix phenom and prodigy, the mATX versions, and so far my only concern is with the prodigy. The handles seem convenient, but many user reviews tend to say that they are a bit flimsy and not really useful as handles in the traditional sense. I've looked at the ones in the small form factor section in the OP and those were the two I liked the most, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Does anyone here have a mATX setup in a small form factor case? Or does anyone just have any recommendations in general that would fit my GTX 480 and 212+? It needs to be a case that can travel, i.e. easy to carry and/or light.

That's what custom fan profiles are for, they really just try to take your money with everything, huh.
Also, I wouldn't want my GPU to run at ~65°C all the time. I'd imagine it'll make all the other components hotter too.
The reason I want to do this is that I go between my gf's place and mine about 1-3 times a week and like to take my PC with me, currently its to take Rocksmith 2014 with me to practice on.
My personal choice would be a notebook here, cause I'd get annoyed quite quickly moving my rig 6 times from one place to the other in a week.. every week. That's like 24 times a month.
Also, would be scared to ruin something when taking in and out of the car and setting everything up that often.

You should take a look at this if you really want a portable rig:

Lian Li PC-TU 100 or 200 (mITX)

Addnan

Wait...

The Titan Z is actually coming out? I thought it was scrapped because of AMD's offering?

http://www.evga.com/Products/Produc...Force+TITAN+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+TITAN+Z

.... ... ... Am I insane for wanting to sell my Titan with EK Block for that Z Hydro Copper? I'm not gonna do it... stupid with 800 series around the corner. But damn, that Z HC is sexy as hell.

Is it not out in USA yet? Released in UK few days ago. For the price it is here I can quad SLI 780Ti and have some change left over, or almost tri SLI Titans.

LilJoka

I could use some help on this. I''ve been investigating small form factor cases for a while now and I was initially thinking I'd change my mobo to a mini itx, but now I've seen a few micro atx options I'm considering just getting one of those and moving my PC into that.

My current rig, just things that might cause issues with a smaller case.

Current case is the CM Storm Scout which according to newegg weighs almost 19 pounds so obviously this is pretty hard to move around, although it does have a handle which is why I picked this case over others.

GTX 480 (~241 mm)
CM Hyper 212+ heatsink
Corsaid HX620 (semi modular)

I've been looking at the Bitfenix phenom and prodigy, the mATX versions, and so far my only concern is with the prodigy. The handles seem convenient, but many user reviews tend to say that they are a bit flimsy and not really useful as handles in the traditional sense. I've looked at the ones in the small form factor section in the OP and those were the two I liked the most, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Does anyone here have a mATX setup in a small form factor case? Or does anyone just have any recommendations in general that would fit my GTX 480 and 212+? It needs to be a case that can travel, i.e. easy to carry and/or light.

Bitfenix Prodigy is actually quite large for a mITX case. It could fit a mATX case proven by the Phenom series, its just a modded Prodigy. The handles are not handles at all and are cheap plastic flimsy like you say.

My recommendation from builds ive made
Silverstone TJ08E -(http://i.imgur.com/pTqZ9ZG.jpg)
Lian Li PC 354B - (http://i.imgur.com/CiWOc1M.jpg)
Fractal Node 304 - (http://i.imgur.com/6uCE5rI.jpg)

All of those cases will fit your parts, except the Node 304 may have trouble with that PSU and its modular cables as the GPU covers the face of the PSU. The PSU bracket can be removed to give about 20mm more room to play with.

Flaxh

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.98 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($135.91 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($329.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ TigerDirect)
Total: $1153.82
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-30 07:14 EDT-0400)

Hi guys! I built this pc a year ago based on your suggestions and it has been excellent! Although I'm getting into some troubles with Watch Dogs and even tough I could probably blame the game, I'd like to hear your suggestions on low budget improvements in the short term or long term improvements around 500€.

I'd really like to play titles like The Witcher 3 and Batman maxed out at 1080p so I've been thinking about swapping my 770 for the 4GB version because right now that wouldn't cost me a lot of money.

Regarding the 8GBs of memory, is it still good? I usually multitask a lot, like playing a game, streaming, listenning to music and chatting on skype.

Thanks in advance!

LilJoka

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.98 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($135.91 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($329.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ TigerDirect)
Total: $1153.82
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-30 07:14 EDT-0400)

Hi guys! I built this pc a year ago based on your suggestions and it has been excellent! Although I'm getting into some troubles with Watch Dogs and even tough I could probably blame the game, I'd like to hear your suggestions on low budget improvements in the short term or long term improvements around 500€.

I'd really like to play titles like The Witcher 3 and Batman maxed out at 1080p so I've been thinking about swapping my 770 for the 4GB version because right now that wouldn't cost me a lot of money.

Regarding the 8GBs of memory, is it still good? I usually multitask a lot, like playing a game, streaming, listenning to music and chatting on skype.

Thanks in advance!

Dont be upgrading for watch dogs especially with that rig. Wait for the next PC patch first. Even people with 4GB cards are struggling with stutter, check the watch dogs pc performance thread. The game is broken not your rig. Overclock you CPU and GPU if you havent already.

DoctorZ

My personal choice would be a notebook here, cause I'd get annoyed quite quickly moving my rig 6 times from one place to the other in a week.. every week. That's like 24 times a month.
Also, would be scared to ruin something when taking in and out of the car and setting everything up that often.

You should take a look at this if you really want a portable rig:

Lian Li PC-TU 100 or 200 (mITX)

I don't have the money for a gaming notebook, plus I'd want to keep my upgradeable PC. I want to get a portable mATX case since I can just move my rig over to that and not hve to buy anything beyond the case for now. I'll upgrade my GPU when that time comes, but for now my current PC has been doing everything I need it to, other than its portability.

The Lian Li looks nice with the handle, but I'd much rather get once of the ~$100 mATX options and not have to also but a new mobo and move my cpu/heatsink over.

So far the options I am looking at are.

Bitfenix Phenom M
Bitphenic Prodigy M
Silvestone SG09 and SG10

Bitfenix Prodigy is actually quite large for a mITX case. It could fit a mATX case proven by the Phenom series, its just a modded Prodigy. The handles are not handles at all and are cheap plastic flimsy like you say.

My recommendation from builds ive made
Silverstone TJ08E -(http://i.imgur.com/pTqZ9ZG.jpg)
Lian Li PC 354B - (http://i.imgur.com/CiWOc1M.jpg)
Fractal Node 304 - (http://i.imgur.com/6uCE5rI.jpg)

All of those cases will fit your parts, except the Node 304 may have trouble with that PSU and its modular cables as the GPU covers the face of the PSU. The PSU bracket can be removed to give about 20mm more room to play with.

I'd be looking at the Prodigy M, which is a mATX case. From what I've seen the M versions are the same size, but the mITX versions of the prodigy/phenom can hold more HDDs and maybe have a bit more room in them. Plus the Phenom is basically the Prodigy without the "handles", right?

I skipped over the TJ08BE since it looked a bit large/taller than the other options, but I'll add that one to my list and the 354B.

For anyone, should I really be looking at mITX cases if I want a portable one and just buy a mITX mobo. Would add a bit more cost, but would that be worth the extra size shrinkage/portability?

Skunkers

So I'm building the first PC I've done for myself in about 10 years. I already bought my case, power supply, and RAM. It's main use will be as a HTPC, but I'm overbuilding the hell out of it so that I'll also be able to throw the best video card in it I can afford and have a couch gaming PC. I'm basically just buying a couple parts each month, focusing on the stuff that won't change first, and buying the mobo/CPU and finally the graphics card last; to give them the most time for newer spec parts to come out and prices to drop. I'll wait until I have the mobo, CPU, RAM, PSU, SSD, and Blu-ray drive to do the initial build and setup, then I'll get the two HDD's the next month and put them in as a RAID mirroring setup, and finally save a month or two for the best video card I can afford (shooting for a sub-$400-500 card)

Here's the part list I've specced out thus far and what I have already.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($324.98 @ SuperBiiz) Placeholder, will probably buy Devil's Canyon CPU
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($218.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory Already Bought
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($81.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($81.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual Classified ACX Video Card ($419.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake Commander G42 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case Already Bought
Power Supply: Corsair CS750M 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Already Bought
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($54.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)

Total: $1441.89

I'm thinking to get a Devil's Canyon i7 4970K; despite an i5 being adequate for gaming, my thinking is the i7 will help for all the video conversion it will do as an HTPC. Because of that I'm sourcing the Asus Z97-Pro. The main questions I have about this build are: For this setup, do you think additional cooling will be required? And obviously, is there anything on here glaring that I should change? I haven't followed video cards much lately, but my understanding is that the ATI cards are a bit more powerful than Nvidias's, but tend to have more driver issues; which makes me lean towards sticking with Nvidia. What do you think the best gaming card I can get for under say $450 dollars, or rather, will be able to get for under that price this fall/winter?

Thanks.

For anyone, should I really be looking at mITX cases if I want a portable one and just buy a mITX mobo. Would add a bit more cost, but would that be worth the extra size shrinkage/portability?

Depends. Is the space saving of the right one worth a new mobo to you?
mATX left (Prodigy) --- mITX right (node 304)
7x0DyAN.jpg

//

Here's a comparison to a normal tower: (again node 304)

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/IaTFC4TAlmo/maxresdefault.jpg

Aaand the cute little boy on a table:

http://cdn.overclock.net/d/d3/d36695ab_IMG_1018.jpeg

SHADES

I need to warn everyone to not use the latest NVIDIA driver at least if you own a 660TI.

I'm not having a SLI setup, just a 660TI here. The latest Nividia driver is just fucked. It costs me up to 20 frames in the SAME scene in Dark Souls 2.

Probably more than 20FPS, since I get rock stable 60FPS with 337.50 in DS2. With the latest WHQL I'm down to 37FPS in the same scene. I don't think it's a DS2 issue. I always had issues in f.e. Sonic Generations. I'm now back to 337.50 and I will stay there. All is fine again. Weird. What's going on with Nividia?

Thanks, I thought I was going mad. 750 ti sc and since the latest driver update I'm getting a fair bit of screen tearing & FPS drops that I wasn't getting before, going to roll it back to see if it makes a difference.

LilJoka

Id get the ITX, Node 304 can fit 4HDD and 2 SSD if you are creative and a full length GPU with the right PSU. Also will fit Hyper 212 to get a nice OC for such a rig. Its quiet too.

Also
Bitfenix Phenom M
250 x 330 x 374mm (WxHxD) 30.8L

Bitfenix Prodigy M
250 x 404 x 359mm (WxHxD) 36.25L

TJ08E
210 x 374 x 385mm (WxHxD) 30.23L

Lian Li V354B
245 x 320 x 420mm (WxHxD) 32.9L

Node 304
250 x 210 x 374mm (WxHxD) 19.6L

Id get the ITX, Node 304 can fit 4HDD and 2 SSD if you are creative and a full length GPU with the right PSU. Also will fit Hyper 212 to get a nice OC for such a rig. Its quiet too.

Can't wait for 800 series to drop, so I can build a new rig in a node 304.
So much room, yet so tiny.

Water

Yeah i really like the node, sits in my living room and looks great.
It looks pretty close to optimal for living room. Silverstone's Milo ML07 in horizontal orientation would be another choice. I don't really get the point of "flat and short" cases on the desk or on the floor, though. Would like to see more choices of vertical cases such as the FT03-mini.

Dunbar

Is there an easy way to make sure you buy a big enough case, or do you just have to add up all the components you're buying to make sure they'll fit? I've seen a few people post recently about having problems fitting parts inside the case and I want to make sure I don't run into that. I'm buying a GTX 780 Superclocked and a Z97 motherboard from Gigabyte, plus the Evo 212 CPU cooler and a Cooler Master 750W PSU. SSD and HD, etc. Is there a certain type of case I should look for?

Hey GAF, considering buying a gaming laptop that won't break the bank. Could you advise me some mobile CPU and GPU choices for both Intel and AMD that will do a fair job for a good bargain? For comparison, I currently use an AMD Athlon II X4 640 and Radeon 7770 in my gaming PC and I am happy with them; something that will perform slightly worse than this would be happily agreeable.

Hey GAF, considering buying a gaming laptop that won't break the bank. Could you advise me some mobile CPU and GPU choices for both Intel and AMD that will do a fair job for a good bargain? For comparison, I currently use an AMD Athlon II X4 640 and Radeon 7770 in my gaming PC and I am happy with them; something that will perform slightly worse than this would be happily agreeable.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745783

These guys know best.

I am nearly finished with my SFF build in a modded Lian Li V351. I am waiting on finishing my mITX HTPC build in a Fractal Node 605 before finishing it up. I'm still not sure which hard drives are going where etc.

That's what custom fan profiles are for, they really just try to take your money with everything, huh.
Also, I wouldn't want my GPU to run at ~65°C all the time. I'd imagine it'll make all the other components hotter too.

Good point.

Dries

Here goes nothing. Bought Watch Dogs today and I could really benefit from just a tad extra fps.. I have a i5 2500k 3.3 ghz at stock speed and alsmost everyone here on GAF has given me the advice to overlock my CPU. Some questions (bare in mind that I'm not really that much of a computer whiz and I've never done anything like this before:

1) How dangerous is overclocking really? Will it wear my CPU after a while? Basically, all I want to hear is that my CPU will not blow up and kill me if I overclock.

2) I would really like a step-by-step guide how to overlock. Keep in mind that I'm a complete newbie to this. Is the guide in the OP (http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/gigabyte_z77_overclocking_guide/1) still the one to go by? It kinda looks long and complicated. Is there just a guide out there which is less expanded and just let's me do a basic overlock? Here are my specs:

Sandy Bridge i5 2500k 3.3 ghz
8 GB ram
GTX 770 2gig
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 (700W)
Cooling: Scythe Mugen 2 rev.B SCMG-2100
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
1920 x 1080

3) How far can I go and what is the best software to monitor my system (temparatures)?

So I ran my new computer through 3DMARK's free graphics benchmark tool.

These were the results.

Computer%20Specs.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202014-05-30%20at%2010.33.49%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202014-05-30%20at%2010.35.17%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202014-05-30%20at%2010.36.18%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202014-05-30%20at%2010.37.35%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202014-05-30%20at%2010.38.22%20AM.png

over 1000 frames per second.........how is that even possible........
But i'm quite happy with those results. I remember seeing other folk gaming PC's results, that ran the Fire Strike test, were in the single digits for the combined test's frames per second.

Xamdou

What's the best way to backup your entire computer? My gaming pc got 2Tb full of space, so I should start with shopping for a 2Tb external hard drive. Any recommendations on one? Also what software should I be using to back up? Any auto backup software?

Weetrick

Are the prices on Microcenter's site the same as in store, or do they have even cheaper prices in person? The closest one to me is like 40 minutes away so I'd like to know before going there if possible.

YMMV, but I went in yesterday and they had different deals than online. I ended up buying a motherboard, CPU and cooler. This was the California location.

smoothj

Hey GAF,

I'm building a small gaming/media center pc. I don't really care about playing every game in ultra settings but I'd like to be able to play games relatively smoothly for the next 2 years or so.

I bought a BitFenix Prodigy M case mATX. I just won $700 at the casino last night so I'm stoked I can move forward with this build.

What CPU and GPU do you recommend? Would 8gigs of ram be enough? I am also looking at getting a MoBo with wifi if there are any decent ones for micro atx out there.

Haven't built a pc since the AMD Athlon days hehe.

Thanks!

kharma45

Here goes nothing. Bought Watch Dogs today and I could really benefit from just a tad extra fps.. I have a i5 2500k 3.3 ghz at stock speed and alsmost everyone here on GAF has given me the advice to overlock my CPU. Some questions (bare in mind that I'm not really that much of a computer whiz and I've never done anything like this before:

1) How dangerous is overclocking really? Will it wear my CPU after a while? Basically, all I want to hear is that my CPU will not blow up and kill me if I overclock.

2) I would really like a step-by-step guide how to overlock. Keep in mind that I'm a complete newbie to this. Is the guide in the OP (http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/gigabyte_z77_overclocking_guide/1) still the one to go by? It kinda looks long and complicated. Is there just a guide out there which is less expanded and just let's me do a basic overlock? Here are my specs:

8 GB ram
GTX 770 2gig
1920 x 1080

3) How far can I go and what is the best software to monitor my system (temparatures)?

1) It'll decrease it a bit but you'll need to upgrade before that ever becomes an issue. Nothing can go wrong unless you pump stupid volts through it, which you won't.

2) It's a good one, and it's long as it's very detailed. You're better with something like that as you'll actually learn what you're doing exactly.

Chances are with the 2500K you could just go change the multiplier to 42 and that'd be it, nothing more. Most can do that, some can't.

3) How far you can go depends on your chip, it varies. As long as you stay below 85c in Prime95 you're fine, and stay within the recommended voltages for a 2500K.

This guide is focused at SB rather than the IB one you've linked http://www.overclock.net/t/910467/the-ultimate-sandy-bridge-oc-guide-p67a-ud7-performance-review

Dries

1) It'll decrease it a bit but you'll need to upgrade before that ever becomes an issue. Nothing can go wrong unless you pump stupid volts through it, which you won't.

2) It's a good one, and it's long as it's very detailed. You're better with something like that as you'll actually learn what you're doing exactly.

Chances are with the 2500K you could just go change the multiplier to 42 and that'd be it, nothing more. Most can do that, some can't.

3) How far you can go depends on your chip, it varies. As long as you stay below 85c in Prime95 you're fine, and stay within the recommended voltages for a 2500K.

This guide is focused at SB rather than the IB one you've linked http://www.overclock.net/t/910467/the-ultimate-sandy-bridge-oc-guide-p67a-ud7-performance-review

Nice, thanks. I'll begin with this. If anyone has anymore tips, feel free!

The highest spec nvidia card under $500 is probably this one.

If you can wait a little it could be worth holding out for news of the 880, especially since you talk of the elusive 'future proofing'!

Edit: This and this are also good options!

So maybe a better question is a budget card that could tide me over. Preferably EVGA so I could step up.

VoxPop

Depends. Is the space saving of the right one worth a new mobo to you?
mATX left (Prodigy) --- mITX right (node 304)
7x0DyAN.jpg

//

Here's a comparison to a normal tower: (again node 304)

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/IaTFC4TAlmo/maxresdefault.jpg

Aaand the cute little boy on a table:

http://cdn.overclock.net/d/d3/d36695ab_IMG_1018.jpeg

Awesome. Huge size disparity. Look forward to moving on to the Node. Currently on a Fractal Define R3. Should be great.

How does it handle heat and noise?

Burt

8 GB ram
GTX 770 2gig
1920 x 1080

I'm about to upgrade to almost that exact build within the next few weeks. Have an i5-2500k that I'm going to recycle from my current computer, and should be getting the rest from Microcenter pretty soon. Could you maybe post/PM some benchmarks, especially if you have them from before/after OCing? Would be a great help in finalizing my build and determining whether or not I want to OC.

Dunbar

If I want an optical drive, will any standard Blu Ray drive I buy pretty much get the job done? Or is there something special I need to look for? Preferred brands?

I can achieve this stable at +13 mV.

Any higher and it crashes/artifacts regardless of temps/voltage. I could max out at +63mV in Precision X and I still get stuck at ~230GPU/375MEM

I don't actually see any improvement in performance by upping the mem clock. I could use a crash course on how all this stuff comes together.

You gpu is not really running at the speed Heaven says it is. Also, nVidia tends to neuter their cards so you can't really add any significant voltage unless you flash your bios with a custom modified one.

Edit** The overvoltage slider is useless above +38mv's since that is the cap as specified by nVidia. Only way around it is a custom bios

WC? Never seen a 780 hit 1450mhz on air. Try firestrike extreme aswell, I find it better then UniEngine
What 780 do you have, for you to get 1400mhz @ +230 would mean you hit 1200 at stock which is insane

The Heaven reading is innacurate. It's the same with their Valley benchmark.

NoRéN

YMMV, but I went in yesterday and they had different deals than online. I ended up buying a motherboard, CPU and cooler. This was the California location.

My experience as well. Although, sometimes asking them to ring something up will show that online price instead of their advertised price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom