• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2016 Plus Ultra! HBM2, VR, 144Hz, and 4K for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Random question, is there a way I can plug my HD 558s and my logitech speakers at the same time? I want to be able to switch from one output to the other if possible. Also plugging the 558s into the logitech speaker control switch is out of the question due to how comically long the cord is.

Will one of these do?

http://schiit.com/products/fulla-2

http://schiit.com/products/magni-2

EDIT: Both devices automatically mute the speaker output when headphones are plugged in, which may not be what you want. You can't just switch between them with a... switch.

FFMafia

Why not just buy the 200 series?

I had already purchased the Z170 board over Black Friday shopping and missed on a deal for the sky lake CPU. Figured I'd wait for another deal before you know it boom 7700K. Technology never waits for you :/

currently stuck on whether to get 1060 or 1070.
Looking at the witcher 3 ultra benchmarks and it seems 1060 has 50fps avg while 1070 has it above 60. I am wondering if getting 1070 is worth it.

LilJoka

Looking at the witcher 3 ultra benchmarks and it seems 1060 has 50fps avg while 1070 has it above 60. I am wondering if getting 1070 is worth it.

Look at nvidias write up on witcher 3 settings. Dropping shadows from ultra to high would get you 60 locked. Some of the ultra settings do nothing but drop fps heavily. 1060 is a solid card and the 1070 will give headroom for future titles.

enewtabie

- Intel i7-7700K Kaby Lake Processor
- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX Formula Motherboard
- Intel 600p 512gb NVMe M.2
- Corsair Crystal Case 570X
- Corsair H115i CPU Watercooler
- ASUS Strix GTX 1080
- 4x8gb (32gb) Corsair Dominator DDR4-3000 RAM
- EVGA 850 P2 PSU

Hictvnl.jpg

Let's go :) Probably live streaming the build later tonight.

Where can I see this?

- ASUS Strix GTX 1080
- EVGA 850 P2 PSU

Hictvnl.jpg

I want to see. Also get a bigger trunk.

rtcn63

IIRC even with the 1070, on max settings you're going to get framerate drops in some of the larger cities and woodland areas. Dropping shadows seems to work like liljoka said, although you could try OC'ing the GPU (and possibly the CPU if yours is on the old side). Get the 1070 if you can afford it and don't plan on upgrading for another five years (or are considering moving up to a 1440p monitor in the near future), otherwise get the 1060 and just lower a few settings every now and then.

By the way, in case anyone was wondering, the 7700K i ordered from Amazon today (before they killed the page) just shipped today at 2:37pm EST according to an email notification.

Sadly though, the last part of my z270 build, the ASUS Z270i STRIX, is the only ASUS z270 board that HAS NOT been put up for sale on Amazon or Newegg yet..... UGHHHH WHYYYY

Celcius

°Temp. member
While waiting for the Samsung 960 Pro's to be in stock (I have been waiting over a month now), today I did some research on what separates the Pro from the Evo and learned something I never really dug into before.

I was reading this Anandtech review of the 1TB Samsung 960 Evo: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10833/the-samsung-960-evo-1tb-review and then saw in the first chart that the EVO models have an entry in the chart called "Sequential Write (sustained)" which is slower then their "Sequential Write (SLC Cache)" speed. Then I read this article: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2998...ng-problem-storage-makers-dont-advertise.html.

So if I understand correctly the EVO models use TLC NAND memory which is slower than they would prefer so they also include an SLC cache of memory on the drive which is faster. As long as what you're doing doesn't take up more memory than is in the cache then you should get great speeds but if you're copying large files on the drive then the performance could take a huge hit it seems.

From the Anandtech article:
1TB 960 Evo
Sequential Write (SLC Cache) = 1900 MB/s
Sequential Write (sustained) = 1200 MB/s
(speed can drop down to 63.2%)

512gb 960 Evo
Sequential Write (SLC Cache) = 1800 MB/s
Sequential Write (sustained) = 600 MB/s
(speed can drop down to 1/3 or 33.3%)

256gb 960 Evo
Sequential Write (SLC Cache) = 1500 MB/s
Sequential Write (sustained) = 300 MB/s
(speed can drop down to 1/5 or 20%)

On the other hand, the Pro models are completely made of MLC and don't use a cache so you get the max performance all the time.
Most advertisements including Samsung's own website just say "Up to XXXX MB/sec" when listing Evo speeds instead of breaking it down like this.

Look at nvidias write up on witcher 3 settings. Dropping shadows from ultra to high would get you 60 locked. Some of the ultra settings do nothing but drop fps heavily. 1060 is a solid card and the 1070 will give headroom for future titles.

IIRC even with the 1070, on max settings you're going to get framerate drops in some of the larger cities and woodland areas. Dropping shadows seems to work like liljoka said, although you could try OC'ing the GPU (and possibly the CPU if yours is on the old side). Get the 1070 if you can afford it and don't plan on upgrading for another five years (or are considering moving up to a 1440p monitor in the near future), otherwise get the 1060 and just lower a few settings every now and then.

thanks for the suggestions.
I am looking to keep the gpu for like 2-3 yrs then gonna upgrade to 4k level. Would a 1060 have a good life till then? 1060 seems very cheap to me and I feel like I should at least spend a decent amount on gpu. Also I plan to get a i7 6700k when I purchase the gpu.

rtcn63

thanks for the suggestions.
I am looking to keep the gpu for like 2-3 yrs then gonna upgrade to 4k level. Would a 1060 have a good life till then? 1060 seems very cheap to me and I feel like I should at least spend a decent amount of gpu. Also I plan to get a i7 6700k when I purchase the gpu.

A 1060 6GB and i7 should carry you until you move to 4K, for the most part. (Some games will just not run well regardless of your hardware) You might not be able to max out every new game, but medium to high will likely be doable. Oh, and of course you could always overclock to eek out more performance.

I have a question...may be a dumb one but here goes...

With the M.2. drives they say they "share" 1 or 2 of the SATA ports. Does that mean just to make sure not to put another drive into that port while the M.2 is installed?

example...if it says it "shares" SATA Port 1...just don't plug something into that port?

Celcius

°Temp. member
I have a question...may be a dumb one but here goes...

With the M.2. drives they say they "share" 1 or 2 of the SATA ports. Does that mean just to make sure not to put another drive into that port while the M.2 is installed?

example...if it says it "shares" SATA Port 1...just don't plug something into that port?

Correct

enewtabie

Project RGB Box is coming along. Waiting on I5 7600 CPU and Gskillz RGB Trident Ram(should be rolling out in a week or so). Haven't quite figured out the GPU yet. Thinking the RX 480 will do.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Anyone happen to know which mobo would be good for the 7700K?
I was going to make a the enthusiast build with a Asus Z170-Pro but it can't take advantage of the 7700K fully and was wondering what would be a good drop in replacement to take advantage of the Kaby Lake features.

Edit: Was looking at this asa possible alternate Mobo for my build.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132936&cm_re=Z270-_-13-132-936-_-Product

also planned build:
Your Current Specs: i7 7700K / Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory / ???? / Asus Strix GTX1080 / EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply) / Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case / Western Digital Blue 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive + 500GB Samsung 850 EVO as a boot drive.
Budget: $1500 Max + US
Main Use: 4: Gaming, Emulation (PS2/Wii/Wii U), Video Editing, Streaming games in HD, General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback).
Monitor Resolution: 1080p with plans to go 1440p in the future.
List SPECIFIC games or applications that you MUST be able to run well:
Is 30FPS acceptable? No
60? Yes
144? Yes but not priority
How important is PhysX / SuperSampling / CUDA to you? Supersampling a bit important.
Looking to reuse any parts?: Asus Strix GTX 1080
When will you build?: ASAP no deadline though.
Will you be overclocking?: Yes.

- ASUS Strix GTX 1080
- EVGA 850 P2 PSU

Hictvnl.jpg

Hopefully you post on here when you're gonna start...will watch

FFMafia

So the z270 boards have the octane capabilities. Is that just a feature that will only come with intel ssds for a while or something?

Edit: oh and when will the ssds be available both intel and/or if anybody else is making it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Anyone happen to know which mobo would be good for the 7700K?
I was going to make a the enthusiast build with a Asus Z170-Pro but it can't take advantage of the 7700K fully and was wondering what would be a good drop in replacement to take advantage of the Kaby Lake features.

Edit: Was looking at this asa possible alternate Mobo for my build.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132936&cm_re=Z270-_-13-132-936-_-Product

That Asus Prime Z270-A should be a great choice.
You may also want to consider: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...32928&cm_re=z270_strix-_-13-132-928-_-Product and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_re=maximus_ix_hero-_-13-132-927-_-Product
Personally I went with the Maximus IX Hero for my build.

styl3s

Pardon the dumb question, but I'm planning on building a new PC and this is my first time getting an SSD.

Is the idea to get an SSD for your OS / system, and then get an HDD for everything else? Both internal? Mix of both?
I prefer using 2 SSDs and 2+ HDDs. 1 SSD for the OS/System (128-250gb) and a 500GB SSD that i use for games. Swapping games back and forth between the SSD and HDD depending what i play while keeping games i play regularly on the SSD like CSGO, Overwatch and Battlefield.

If you are building on a budget it's easier and cheaper that way. You can not pay the extra for 2 SSDs and just go with a 500+ GB SSD out the gate to save more money because your main OS shouldn't take much of that leaving you room for quite a few games.

jtb

Banned
My R9 380 is officially dead. But Amazon is giving me a $200 refund instead of having to go through a warranty replacement. I'm planning on upgrading another 8GB of RAM.

Rest of system: i5 6500, 8GB DDR4 RAM

What's the best video card in the $200-300 range? Best bet just go RX 480?

IceIpor

My R9 380 is officially dead. But Amazon is giving me a $200 refund instead of having to go through a warranty replacement. I'm planning on upgrading another 8GB of RAM.

Rest of system: i5 6500, 8GB DDR4 RAM

What's the best video card in the $200-300 range? Best bet just go RX 480?

Nitro fury if it's on sale or 480 if not.

But fury will require a beefy PSU.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Can anybody recommend a great motherboard which goes with the 7700k?

I put a build together months ago but I decided to wait for new parts. I'm going to start ordering parts at the end of the month. Hopefully a new GPU comes out before then otherwise I can wait a few for a new one to.

Here is my latest build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($350.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($114.99 @ Jet)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($7.49 @ OutletPC)
]Motherboard: TBD
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($194.97 @ Jet)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($309.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Western Digital Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($279.00 @ B&H)
Video Card: TBD
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($137.49 @ OutletPC)
Optical Drive: Pioneer BDR-2209 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($79.88 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($88.58 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor ($727.99 @ Best Buy)
Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($119.99 @ Best Buy)
Speakers: JBL LSR305 82W 2ch Speakers ($149.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)

finalflame

Thank you to everyone who tuned in earlier to watch me build :) I know it was a slow start, and there were multiple power outages on my block that set me back, but here is a sneak preview of the finished product:

dscf24142lk9u.jpg

It's not done yet, of course, I need to wait for some sleeved cables to arrive early next week. Other than that, it seems ASUS doesn't have any of the drivers/software for their ROG Z270 motherboards up yet on their website, so I'm patiently waiting to get up-to-date drivers and the AURA software/5ghz profile for OC (must need a BIOS update?). And here's the final parts list:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($350.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($96.99 @ Jet)
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS IX FORMULA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($476.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX Video Card ($633.79 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($137.68 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Case Fan: Corsair ML120 Pro LED White 75.0 CFM 120mm Fan ($24.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Corsair ML120 Pro LED White 75.0 CFM 120mm Fan ($24.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Optical Mouse ($122.19 @ Amazon)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones ($147.30 @ Amazon)
Other: BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 240Hz 24.5 inch e-Sports Monitor ($499.99)
Other: KUL ES-87 Cherry MX Green ($120.00)

Yes, the RAM is DDR3.

On the terms of a budget. A bit. I still need to be able to afford RE7 later this month (and well general other things) and since I work at my school, I'm currently on my last pay check until I begin my last semester later this month. So I only have $277.

Hm... yeah, then you're in a bit of a bind. My most nominal alternative would have been grabbing an i3 6100 with a compatible motherboard, but that would require DDR4 RAM as well, which would put you quite close to the budget limit if not over it.

Pakoe

Looking to upgrade my old gaming system, here's what's in it right now:

• MSI X58 Pro-E
  • i7 920 OC'd to 4,3GHz (biggest bottleneck)
  • Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition
  • MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMING 4G
  • Corsair 12GB DDR3 @ 1.333Mhz
  • Asus VG248QE (1080p 144hz)
  • For storage, I have two SSD's. One for Win10 and one for my games. Major storage is on two 1TB HDD's.
  • Antec TruePower Classic TP-550C PSU
My plan on what to get:

• Intel Core i5-7600K Boxed € 269,95
  • MSI Z170A TOMAHAWK € 137,80
  • Noctua NH-D14 € 68,50
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 3.000Mhz € 106,95
Total cost: ~ € 600

Budget wise, I think it's perfect. If there are some alternatives I would like to know.
Also want to sell my current Asus VG248QE, and get a AOC AG271QX. I'm used to 144hz nowadays and can't stand anything else, but definitely want a higher resolution. Price wise, nothing comes close to this, reviews seem good as well.
If there's nothing to notice about this, I'm gonna order these parts the end of january.

L.O.R.D

something bothering me,
my laptop has 1366x768 resolution.
my mew monitor has 1920x1080 resolution.

when i connect my laptop to this monitor (duplicate),the monitor res will become 1366x768.
i tried to go intel and nvidia panel but it only detect one screen,but i can see the name of my monitor and the internal screen.

if i picked only to show on external monitor,it will become 1920x1080.

any help?

also another question
i've tried many monitored (all anti glare screen)
and it seems the colors is not the same as on my laptop (glossy screen).
is it because the glossy screen?

Regginator

I'm fucking baffled, I want to upgrade to 16GB RAM but I found out my motherboard only supports DDR3 up to 3000 MHz. Kinda disappointed, but okay. No biggie, I'll get exactly that. But the prices are unreasonably high. You can get 16 gigs of DDR4 2400MHz for around €80/90 in the Netherlands, but a DDR3 equivalent of the exact same thing will cost you ~€140

I mean...why??

Vuze

also another question
i've tried many monitored (all anti glare screen)
and it seems the colors is not the same as on my laptop (glossy screen).
is it because the glossy screen?
Most definitely caused by different panels and on top of that default color settings.
I see your new monitor has an IPS panel, your laptop will probably have a TN. Quite the gap in terms of color reproduction.

As for your other problem, that's a bit weird. I hooked up my cloudbook with Intel GPU to my 4K screen a couple of times and had no problems whatsoever to keep the original resolution on the internal screen and output 4k (extended monitor) on the TV. Maybe check in the Windows display settings (right click on desktop) as well?

rtcn63

I'm fucking baffled, I want to upgrade to 16GB RAM but I found out my motherboard only supports DDR3 up to 3000 MHz. Kinda disappointed, but okay. No biggie, I'll get exactly that. But the prices are unreasonably high. You can get 16 gigs of DDR4 2400MHz for around €80/90 in the Netherlands, but a DDR3 equivalent of the exact same thing will cost you ~€140

I mean...why??

This always happens with older ram. When DDR3 became the norm, DDR2 prices spiked etc.

Do you really, really need 16GB, at least for gaming? I don't think I've even used up the full 8GB while gaming with Firefox open (at 1080p).

L.O.R.D

Most definitely caused by different panels and on top of that default color settings.
I see your new monitor has an IPS panel, your laptop will probably have a TN. Quite the gap in terms of color reproduction.

As for your other problem, that's a bit weird. I hooked up my cloudbook with Intel GPU to my 4K screen a couple of times and had no problems whatsoever to keep the original resolution on the internal screen and output 4k (extended monitor) on the TV. Maybe check in the Windows display settings (right click on desktop) as well?

i've tried that,it always see it as 1|2 screen when i am duplicating
but when i make the other screen as extended it become 1080P.

Regginator

This always happens with older ram. When DDR3 became the norm, DDR2 prices spiked etc.

Do you really, really need 16GB, at least for gaming? I don't think I've even used up the full 8GB while gaming with Firefox open (at 1080p).

For some games like The Witcher 3 and (especially) The Division I kinda come close to the 8 gigs. I thought some of the hiccups may or may not have been RAM related. Also, I assumed it will only happen more frequently in the near future with new games, until I upgrade my motherboard to one that supports DDR4.

Mind you, those one or two fps losses are nothing that would actually warrant a €100 new RAM though, but I also kinda wanted an excuse to put my current 8GB 1600 MHz into my father's PC. His 4GB just doesn't cut it anymore.

rtcn63

The Witcher 3 is known to drop framerates in a few of the larger cities and woodland areas at max settings. Even on a 1070, the game just appears to be heavily CPU-bound. (As open-world titles tend to be) Drop shadows etc. a bit until you can manage a satisfactory framerate.

Saiyan-Rox

So I got my GTX 1070 (although not happy about the edition I got so probably gonna return it regardless) but as per usual with my rig I can't seem to get a stable 60FPS

Watch dogs on high gets me 48-52 when my 980 on high got me 60

AC Syndicate also won't lock at 60FPS on high need to put it down or the AA down for it to be near stable

Planet coaster I gained a little bit of ground on but I thought a 1070 would be good enough for a locked 60fps on high at least?

I've always had FPS issues with my rig maybe i'm over estimating what it should be doing idk but is this right?

oh and I have a skylake i7 and 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz

rtcn63

Planet Coaster is known to have optimization issues.

Watch Dogs (2?) has some serious experimental framerate killers on max.

AC is well an open-world Ubi game so.

Ar your temps good? You could be throttled. And you should be using Afterburner or Precision X.

Also go into the nvidia control panel, and under global settings, try putting the power management mode to "adaptive". Then go into the program settings for each game and set power management to "prefer maximum performance." You may have to restart the PC after for it to take effect.

(I stole this advice from the EVGA boards)

Jezbollah

So I got my GTX 1070 (although not happy about the edition I got so probably gonna return it regardless) but as per usual with my rig I can't seem to get a stable 60FPS

Watch dogs on high gets me 48-52 when my 980 on high got me 60

AC Syndicate also won't lock at 60FPS on high need to put it down or the AA down for it to be near stable

Planet coaster I gained a little bit of ground on but I thought a 1070 would be good enough for a locked 60fps on high at least?

I've always had FPS issues with my rig maybe i'm over estimating what it should be doing idk but is this right?

oh and I have a skylake i7 and 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz

You need to be a bit more specific about your setup.

What res are you trying to run at? Do you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed?

I may have Watch Dogs installed on my PC (I have a EVGA Hybrid 1070) so i might be able to run a few tests my end. (running 1440p/Gsync on my Asus ROG).

Saiyan-Rox

Planet Coaster is known to have optimization issues.

Watch Dogs (2?) has some serious experimental framerate killers on max.

AC is well an open-world Ubi game so.

Ar your temps good? You could be throttled. And you should be using Afterburner or Precision X.

Also go into the nvidia control panel, and under global settings, try putting the power management mode to "adaptive". Then go into the program settings for each game and set power management to "prefer maximum performance." You may have to restart the PC after for it to take effect.

(I stole this advice from the EVGA boards)

You need to be a bit more specific about your setup.

What res are you trying to run at? Do you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed?

I may have Watch Dogs installed on my PC (I have a EVGA Hybrid 1070) so i might be able to run a few tests my end. (running 1440p/Gsync on my Asus ROG).

I haven';t used afterburner or precision X what are those? and i'm running 1080p on an ultrawide monitor. latest drivers installed too. not sure about temps i'll download HWM and check what it's idling at.

rtcn63

I'll give it a look now also I don't see global settings in my Nvidoa controls?

Oh and playing WD2 on very high (40FPS :( ) the GPU was reaching 65 in the temps

3D Settings -> Manage 3D settings

65C should be fine. 90C and you might have a problem. What specific card do you have? Afterburner/Precision X let you change the fan settings, I keep mine fairly aggressive since my 1060 is quiet even under load.

EDIT: Is your i7 a K processor? If your motherboard allows it, overclocking the CPU would probably help your framerates in those games.

Saiyan-Rox

3D Settings -> Manage 3D settings

65C should be fine. 90C and you might have a problem. What specific card do you have? Afterburner/Precision X let you change the fan settings, I keep mine fairly aggressive since my 1060 is quiet even under load.

i'll keep an eye on it. I have afterburner downloaded so where is that option for the overlay to keep an eye on temps and stuff?

unfortunately the seller sent me one thats pretty fucking dodgy looking tbh it's sold by 2 companies with different names and websites but this is it here https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kfa2...ess-graphics-card-70nsh6dhk6vk-gx-090-kf.html

i'm sorely tempted to send it back...I know I can't see it in there but it's annoying me it's so ugly.

rtcn63

i'll keep an eye on it. I have afterburner downloaded so where is that option for the overlay to keep an eye on temps and stuff?

unfortunately the seller sent me one thats pretty fucking dodgy looking tbh it's sold by 2 companies with different names and websites but this is it here https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kfa2...ess-graphics-card-70nsh6dhk6vk-gx-090-kf.html

i'm sorely tempted to send it back...I know I can't see it in there but it's annoying me it's so ugly.

I actually use Precision X because I have an EVGA card (Afterburner is considered better though overall), but you probably just need to leave the software running in your system tray. It should be safe. I'm sure you could easily look up an Afterburner guide somewhere.

EDIT: I've never even heard of KFA2, but I'm in the US. I do know that reference cards with blowers tend to run on the (really) hot side, it's normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom