• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Posts Up More Project Cafe Hardware Power Rumors

ThoseDeafMutes said:
Yes it is. You have an imaginary alternate definition of RPG (no doubt involving inventory management or something) that isn't what RPG really means.
If you're using strict definitions, every game is an "RPG".

It's more of an action game than anything else.

artwalknoon said:
I can't wait for the price prediction thread for the cafe. The funny thing about $299 being the sweet spot is that the IGN article put the likely price according to their "sources" as between $350 and $450, so already out of the mass market price. That could mean don't trust IGN or it could mean Nintendo is pulling another 3ds. Seriously though I think all hardware manufacturers think that the market has shifted towards being comfortable with higher prices in part because ipods, iphones, tvs, laptops are all so expensive these days yet people are still willing to buy em up. I'm not saying I agree with that but it seems that way.

IGN are full of shit, they suggested the mockup build they made costs 429 dollars.
10 mins on newegg will net you a setup with the same specs for 300 dollars.

zoukka said:
After 3DS price reveal, I would throw all predictions away based on Nintendos pricing history.

I can see where you're coming from with that, but there are really only two camps here:

1) The 3DS price was very out of the ordinary for Nintendo, so their next price is therefore unpredictable.

2) The 3DS price resulted in (relatively) poor launch sales, so Nintendo is likely to price more conservatively as they have in the past, having "learned their lesson."

My optimistic self is floating somewhere closer to camp 2 myself, but I can absolutely see where camp 1 is coming from, as camp 2 is really pretty loaded with speculation.

zoukka

KevinCow said:
It's just, instead of having a red door that loads and opens the next room when you shoot it with the plasma beam, you'd have, say, a tangle of vines. Maybe the player's teased early on by being able to see the clearly accessible area through the vines, but just not get to it yet. Then when he gets the plasma beam, he can finally burn down the vines and get there. Functionally identical to a red door, but would help it feel more like one big area, as opposed to two smaller areas. And then, every time you pass through that area from then on, there is no barrier for loading. You just walk on through. Little things like that.

I see what you mean, but I don't see it happening sadly. Creating an open world as functional as the enviroments were in Prime games would be an immense task. Again like you said about the vines, it would be about masking the restrictions somehow. Hinting about something bigger has always been a part of Metroid (and Zelda, and ICO and so on...) and I think they've done a good job with it so far.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but at the same time I can't think of any examples of a similar world that you are describing.

Buckethead said:

Mass Effect's an RPG, dawg. Lots of conversations, stat building, character classes, character creation (literal role playing) with a bit of real time shooting isn't an action game. Can't even say action alone because then you step into the direction of REAL action games like DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, etc.

Log4Girlz

SneakyStephan said:
IGN are full of shit, they suggested the mockup build they made costs 429 dollars.
10 mins on newegg will net you a setup with the same specs for 300 dollars.

I sold them those parts actually...and made a tidy profit.

Buckethead said:

No. By that logic any action-RPG is "not an RPG". A Role Playing Game is not a game where you play a role, that's every game. A computer RPG is a game that uses mechanics borrowed from pen and paper RPGs (which can include; stat-driven combat, leveling and associated character progression i.e. skills, the undertaking of quests, your precious inventories, interactive NPC dialogues and so on). ME2 checks pretty well every box, even the real-time combat is governed by stats that progress as you level and invest skills, with you dealing more damage and having powers to use.

It is a 100% perfect fit for "Action RPG", a highly popular subgenre of the RPG. I'm not even sure why there can be any ambiguity here, it's not like ME2 is some sort of weird borderline case. To claim that ARPGs are "not RPGs" is to demonstrate a misunderstanding of the idea of sets and subsets - it'd be like saying "Cats aren't animals, they're mammals!" Additionally, it's not even fair to say it has a big focus on action. ME1 spent every bit as much time in combat as the second game did. Nor was either ME1 or ME2 especially egregious with this - Diablo 2 is one of the most fondly remembered ARPGs of all time but it's 99% combat.

Darryl

Banned
1) The 3DS price was very out of the ordinary for Nintendo, so their next price is therefore unpredictable.

I agree, they could've been really hopeful with their handheld. I am hopeful for it, I have no doubt that sales will pick up as games start to come out for it. It is a really amazing system. I wouldn't use this as a basis to judge their next move on, though. Overpricing the 3DS, to me, would make it seem like they're trying to make up for the possibility of taking a hit on their console. I'm under the impression that most businesses aim to keep their earnings at a constant level with a slight increase every year, rather than having a major influx of money at once so that shareholders don't jump ship. Releasing two consoles, year after next, with a massive profit margin hardly seems like good business.

ThoseDeafMutes said:
No. By that logic any action-RPG is "not an RPG". A Role Playing Game is not a game where you play a role, that's every game. A computer RPG is a game that uses mechanics borrowed from pen and paper RPGs (which can include; stat-driven combat, leveling and associated character progression i.e. skills, the undertaking of quests, your precious inventories, interactive NPC dialogues and so on). ME2 checks pretty well every box, even the real-time combat is governed by stats that progress as you level and invest skills, with you dealing more damage and having powers to use.

It is a 100% perfect fit for "Action RPG", a highly popular subgenre of the RPG. I'm not even sure why there can be any ambiguity here, it's not like ME2 is some sort of weird borderline case. To claim that ARPGs are "not RPGs" is to demonstrate a misunderstanding of the idea of sets and subsets - it'd be like saying "Cats aren't animals, they're mammals!"

Having just completed a college class that covered different game genres and their characteristics, I'd say you know your stuff. Well put, sir.

Kenka

Could someone, anyone, please explain the influence of the amount and speed of the RAM we found in computers/consoles in the context of gaming. Thanks.

And while I am at it, I would also ask what all these data we found about GPUs like GFLOPS and such influence what we see on screen. I feel like a übernoob. Thanks a lot.

watershed

Banned
Darryl said:
I agree, they could've been really hopeful with their handheld. I am hopeful for it, I have no doubt that sales will pick up as games start to come out for it. It is a really amazing system. I wouldn't use this as a basis to judge their next move on, though. Overpricing the 3DS, to me, would make it seem like they're trying to make up for the possibility of taking a hit on their console. I'm under the impression that most businesses aim to keep their earnings at a constant level with a slight increase every year, rather than having a major influx of money at once so that shareholders don't jump ship. Releasing two consoles, year after next, with a massive profit margin hardly seems like good business.
God I wish I shared your optimism. Nintendo overpricing the 3ds to compensate for taking a loss or smaller profit on the cafe is a nice dream but I don't see it happening. Still one can hope.

caligula13

Gold Member
Lupin the Wolf said:
I can see where you're coming from with that, but there are really only two camps here:

2) The 3DS price resulted in (relatively) poor launch sales, so Nintendo is likely to price more conservatively as they have in the past, having "learned their lesson."

My optimistic self is floating somewhere closer to camp 2 myself, but I can absolutely see where camp 1 is coming from, as camp 2 is really pretty loaded with speculation.

3) 3DS is not selling as well as expected but it doesn't matter since the DS is selling. The
3DS is more premium thing which will later on replace the DS

Kenka said:
Could someone, anyone, please explain the influence of the amount and speed of the RAM we found in computers/consoles in the context of gaming. Thanks.

And while I am at it, I would also ask what all these data we found about GPUs like GFLOPS and such influence what we see on screen. I feel like a übernoob. Thanks a lot.

I don't think I need education to the extent you sound like you do, but I second your motion. Please give us GFLOPS and GPUs 101, someone! Please?
brain_stew?

caligula13: That doesn't talk about how the 3DS price point reflects upon the potential price point for Wii2/Project Cafe, though.

Kenka said:

More RAM = fewer loads, more stuff going on simultaneously.
Faster RAM = shorter loads, stuff runs smoother.

RAM, aka Main Memory, is temporary storage for a program in execution (terminology note: a program in execution is called a process). We have RAM because mass storage like HDDs and disc drives are extremely slow, so you load it into something faster to prevent the CPU spending 90% of its time doing nothing while it waits for instructions to be delivered to it.

The M.O.B

Kenka said:

More Ram = Your console/computer is able to load more stuff in the environment without having to subtract anything. You get less "pop-in".
Faster Ram = The game loads faster and no stuttering.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Kenka said:

What the others said.

Having a good amount of RAM in your system helps future proof it for later engines and assets as it prevents any bottlenecking of the other hardware. More RAM = more room to breath.

Conservative RAM is a good way to shit on future proofing your system, and whenever a developer complains about the hardware of pretty much any system they always say "MORE RAM".

caligula13

Gold Member
Lupin the Wolf said:
I don't think I need education to the extent you sound like you do, but I second your motion. Please give us GFLOPS and GPUs 101, someone! Please?
brain_stew?

caligula13: That doesn't talk about how the 3DS price point reflects upon the potential price point for Wii2/Project Cafe, though.

it does. wii2 for 400 USD is premium-console, Wii for 99 USD is for the mainstream.

Darryl

Banned
artwalknoon said:
God I wish I shared your optimism. Nintendo overpricing the 3ds to compensate for taking a loss or smaller profit on the cafe is a nice dream but I don't see it happening. Still one can hope.

If it was any longer than a year apart, I would totally disagree with myself. I just don't see how a company can release their two major products within just a year of eachother, mark their prices up insane, and just expect people to eat it up. They need to guarantee at least one of their products will hit the market properly and compensate for any weakness the other might have.

caligula13 said:
it does. wii2 for 400 USD is premium-console, Wii for 99 USD is for the mainstream.

Ah, I see what you meant now. I don't think I 100% agree with that assessment, but I see where you'd get that and it has some merit. So, sure, I'd say that definitely qualifies as another position.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Shin Johnpv said:
High-end current gen GPUS during the Xbox1, PS3, 360 days didn't use 280 - 360 watts under load. Times are different now.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Powercolor/HD_6950_Vortex_II/25.html

6950 is only about 120W under load. Assuming some tweaks (lower pixel shader count as driving lower resolutions), manufacturer accepting high launch TDP based on future expecations of die shrinks etc, I think thats not unreasonable for a future Xbox/PS3

GPUs these days seem to be looking at power efficiency as part of the overall package. Clearly that'll be a key part of the RFIs from Sony/MS to AMD/Nvidia/other

watershed

Banned
Darryl said:
If it was any longer than a year apart, I would totally disagree with myself. I just don't see how a company can release their two major products within just a year of eachother, mark their prices up insane, and just expect people to eat it up. They need to guarantee at least one of their products will hit the market properly and compensate for any weakness the other might have.

Again I like the way you think, it makes sense to me let's hope it makes sense to Nintendo. Personally I feel like the crappy/rushed launch of the 3ds and its pricing could reflect two things. One the cafe has been Nintendo's focus so the 3ds is on the back burner, hence the crappy launch, missing features etc. Or Nintendo has been caught w their pants down and is rushing both consoles to the market with similar business strategies guiding both.

KevinCow

Banned
Buckethead said:
The way you set it up is logically fallacious.
And you're making it overdramatic for the point of your argument.

Every criticism of Metroid is "why did Samus lose all her shit again?".
It's a completely valid criticism and is part of the reason why the Metroid franchise has always been pretty niche.

Going back to Arkham Asylum it made sense within the context of the story for Batman to "backtrack" to get the proper equipment to go after the baddies.
The Joker pulled a fast one on him and he was vulnerable to attack. Now they're going more open world with Arkham City because that shit would be boring as hell every game.

Yet Samus Aran, badass bounty hunter supreme manages to lose her equipment everytime she's on a mission?
She can't fly to the area where the end boss is and ice him with rockets? Give me a break.

8 year old me can see that's just lazy.

Nintendo needs to evolve the franchise. Change up the formula outright.

Well now you're talking about the story. That's completely different from backtracking.

This story/gameplay disconnect can be used as a complaint against pretty much any game. It can be a big deal if it's a story-focused game. Metroid's not. I don't see how, "Haha, Samus lost her power-ups again, that's pretty silly," is any different from, "Haha, the enemies leave exploding barrels all over the place and then stand next to them, that's a bit silly." You get a chuckle from it, then you recognize that it's a game, so taking some liberties with the story to make it fun to play is generally fine. Paying $50 to watch a ten second cutscene where Samus flies in and blows up final boss wouldn't be very fun.

If you want to bring up Arkham Asylum: Why did Batman go to his secret Arkham Batcave after shit started going down, only to grab one upgrade? We know there's plenty more stuff down there; we even go back later to get an upgrade to that upgrade. Or why didn't he use the Batwing to help him out more? All it does is bring one upgrade, then disappears. Why doesn't he grapple up to it and fly to the Joker? If I really wanted to analyze the game, I'm certain I could nitpick the story even more, point out plenty of points where it would have made more sense for a character to do X, but instead does Y because it makes the game more fun.

But I enjoy the rest of the game, and I understand that the story exists primarily to make the game possible, so I let it go.

Now, I'm open to evolution and change. As I've discussed in this very thread, I'd like to see Metroid take a similar path as Arkham City seems to be, with a more open world to explore. But whatever changes are made, however the series evolves, the game should still, and always, be about exploring and collecting power-ups to progress. And there are some things inherent to that. You can't make Samus as obscenely overpowered as she tends to be at the end of her games, and then keep her that way at the beginning of the next. You can't start the game with her able to fly, shoot through walls, shoot through enemies, freeze enemies, and blow up everything on the screen. You can't really go up from there.

What I will say, though, is that collecting the same power-ups in every game does get old. They really need to focus on more new power-ups. Start her out with the upgrades that don't make her obscenely overpowered - no space jump (except the Prime style double jump one), no screw attack (Prime or 2D style), no wave/plasma/ice beam, no power bombs - but keep some of her more basic traversal power-ups like the grapple beam and spider-ball (Prime style, 2D style would be too powerful to start with), and then work up from there with brand new upgrades.

If that's the case then they've been doing a piss-poor job of that.
Batman's gameplay was supplemented with a little detective work, an awesome combat system, tons of collectibles, and easter eggs.

And Metroid's gameplay is supplemented with shooting, puzzles, tons of collectibles, and awesome boss battles. I'm not really sure what you're saying here.

As much as I love Retro, secluding areas was an awful decision and don't get me started on scanning.

Secluding areas? You mean having rooms connected by doors? I hope they do something better if they work on Metroid on Cafe, but on the Gamecube it was a way to get around system limitations. I don't see how you can fault them for that.

And hate scanning? Don't scan unless you have to activate a switch, which really isn't all that common. I don't understand why this is such a frequent complaint.

artwalknoon said:
Again I like the way you think, it makes sense to me let's hope it makes sense to Nintendo. Personally I feel like the crappy/rushed launch of the 3ds and its pricing could reflect two things. One the cafe has been Nintendo's focus so the 3ds is on the back burner, hence the crappy launch, missing features etc. Or Nintendo has been caught w their pants down and is rushing both c

I think the 3DS performing below their expectations (still good, but not as good as they evidently thought) might make them wary to charge excessively for Cafe. I really hope it does, anyway.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
These latest rumors finally have me interested in the new offering from Nintendo. As for the price? More than we expect is my guess. Going on what they did with the 3DS pricing.

My new crazy theory is that

A) only one controller with screen will be supported per system. This is to
1) Keep people from complaining that they need 500 dollars to play multiplayer
2) Because of technology limitations that Nintendo can't solve (streaming speeds, etc)

B) Only Wiimote plus, or wiimote with remote plus peripheral will be supported,

1) creating an advanced standard of motion control for Cafe,
2) while at the same time allowing users of the Wii to cheaply migrate to the new system
3) This will also ensure maximum backwards compatibility with the Wii

The only problem with this theory is how exactly will developers embrace two control schemes. Is it a comfortable enough situation? We've seen many developers allowing for classic controller/wiimote configurations and many titles are now compatible with Move, so it's not an unlikely scenario.

Router said:
These latest rumors finally have me interested in the new offering from Nintendo. As for the price? More than we expect is my guess. Going on what they did with the 3DS pricing.
3DS price isn't doing them any favors if the sale numbers are correct.
We charge more because we can , ballsy fuckers is what they are.
Just like with the wii ,their ' sorry longtime fans, we have a new target audience now, your grandma.'

Router said:

Dare I ask where that avatar is from? I can't help but wonder every time I see it.

And yeah, I'm rooting for $300, which, with another year out, might be possible, but it could easily sneak into $350 or even $400 territory. I just sure hope not....

watershed

Banned
I just realized if the cafe ends up supporting only 1 stream to 1 controller a lot of gaf will be disapointed which is funny cuz we're all basing our expectations off rumors.

artwalknoon said:
I just realized if the cafe ends up supporting only 1 stream to 1 controller a lot of gaf will be disapointed which is funny cuz we're all basing our expectations off rumors.

Although Mario Kart 4-player and the like will be out of the question, Pac-Man Vs. would still be possible, and that's worth a purchase in my book any day.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Pricing will be interesting, and I seriously doubt Nintendo will ignore the underwhelming reception to the high 3DS price. Plus, as usual, they'll be looking to make profit from day one.

So, tech GAF, build us a system that with parts, manufacturing and shipping is priced competitively, yet will still make Nintendo profit.

artwalknoon said:

Stephen Tolito's advice not to expect multiple screened controllers is the one rumour I'm deliberately chosing to ignore. The idea is incomprehensible to me.

Annoying Old Party Man said:
My new crazy theory is that

A) only one controller with screen will be supported per system. This is to
1) Keep people from complaining that they need 500 dollars to play multiplayer
2) Because of technology limitations that Nintendo can't solve (streaming speeds, etc)

B) Only Wiimote plus, or wiimote with remote plus peripheral will be supported,

1) creating an advanced standard of motion control for Cafe,
2) while at the same time allowing users of the Wii to cheaply migrate to the new system
3) This will also ensure maximum backwards compatibility with the Wii

The only problem with this theory is how exactly will developers embrace two control schemes. Is it a comfortable enough situation? We've seen many developers allowing for classic controller/wiimote configurations and many titles are now compatible with Move, so it's not an unlikely scenario.

I think support for Wii control, especially in early games where people haven't picked up multiple new controllers would be great, and it may indeed cost 500 dollars to buy a console and 4 controllers unless they want to swallow some of their usual profit margin. Wii was around $430 RRP for a full 4 player set-up.

Log4Girlz

Lupin the Wolf said:
Although Mario Kart 4-player and the like will be out of the question, Pac-Man Vs. would still be possible, and that's worth a purchase in my book any day.

Just watch that if you choose to use the tablet for a dedicated display, then the main television goes black...and don't even think of using more than one tablet.

Big N could sell for a bit of a lost with how much they made with Wii and DS to start with and cost come down later

its need to be better then ps3 to get the hard core to look at it if it just the same as PS360 why get it for that

they need more then just getting Big N fan to buy

wsippel

Banned
mrklaw said:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Powercolor/HD_6950_Vortex_II/25.html

6950 is only about 120W under load. Assuming some tweaks (lower pixel shader count as driving lower resolutions), manufacturer accepting high launch TDP based on future expecations of die shrinks etc, I think thats not unreasonable for a future Xbox/PS3

GPUs these days seem to be looking at power efficiency as part of the overall package. Clearly that'll be a key part of the RFIs from Sony/MS to AMD/Nvidia/other
The very article you linked says 205W for the Vortex II, 182W for a reference 6950 - plus whatever it draws from the board itself it seems. Even more than the peak TDP figure given by AMD.

Darryl

Banned
Graphics Horse said:
Stephen Tolito's advice not to expect multiple screened controllers is the one rumour I'm deliberately chosing to ignore. The idea is incomprehensible to me.

I'm also not going to listen to that. The idea of them not allowing multiple screens is just crazy, and would render the entire concept pointless in my mind. I'm really hoping this next generation allows for more multiplayer and co-op games, and the controller-screen really has so much potential.

The M.O.B said:
More Ram = Your console/computer is able to load more stuff in the environment without having to subtract anything. You get less "pop-in".
Faster Ram = The game loads faster and no stuttering.

Its not just as simple as that, though. Faster RAM means a GPU can do an awful lot more stuff (particle effects, AA and AF are three examples of effects that chew through memory bandwidth like nothing else) without stalling.

In a world of multiple render targets, the complexity of an engine is becoming ever more tightly linked to RAM capacity, Crytek cited it as their primary bottleneck for Crysis 2, because they're using so many off-screen buffers.

Nessus

Buckethead said:
Don't make it blatantly obvious to go to area X to get upgrade 1 to use it to open area Y.

Um, what you just described, that is the heart and soul of the Metroid franchise right there.

You see an inaccessible spot, you continue on, you gain a new ability, and remember that there was this spot you couldn't reach before.

It's fine if you personally don't like it, but for Nintendo to move away from that would be to abandon what makes Metroid Metroid.

As for losing abilities, the single most satisfying aspect of the Metroid series is starting out weak, and becoming god-like by the end through obtaining upgrades to your abilities.

It doesn't matter why in the context of the narrative she lost those abilities, the same reason it doesn't matter why Master Chief doesn't start out with an energy sword and Spartan laser in every mission. You don't give the player the most powerful weapons at the start of the game.

Caramello

artwalknoon said:

We have good reason to believe that the system would support more than one screen-controller. It's dumb to believe that Nintendo would not allow multiplayer with the possibilities that would be presented with the touch screen. Why would they allow only one person per console play games on the system with the hook of this new system?

Makes absolutely no sense.

EatChildren said:
Pricing will be interesting, and I seriously doubt Nintendo will ignore the underwhelming reception to the high 3DS price. Plus, as usual, they'll be looking to make profit from day one.

So, tech GAF, build us a system that with parts, manufacturing and shipping is priced competitively, yet will still make Nintendo profit.

Already done. Somebody pieced together a system that was similar to rumored specs for $300 on Newegg.

Taking into consideration mass-producing, die shrinks, and streamlining/integrating everything to keep costs down, that same system could cost about $200-220 to make for Nintendo. If they sold the system for $300-350 at launch, it'd be profitable and affordable.

Nessus said:
It doesn't matter why in the context of the narrative she lost those abilities, the same reason it doesn't matter why Master Chief doesn't start out with an energy sword and Spartan laser in every mission. You don't give the player the most powerful weapons at the start of the game.

Yeah, screw story/real world logic/whatever getting in the way of the game. This is like complaining about floating objects in 3D platformers i.e. adding more restrictions for devs to work around for no significant gain in terms of gameplay.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
wsippel said:
The very article you linked says 205W for the Vortex II, 182W for a reference 6950 - plus whatever it draws from the board itself it seems. Even more than the peak TDP figure given by AMD.

average load is 121W for a standard card. 182 was running furmark which is a little unfair. 121W is running crysis on extreme, 1920x1200 which seems fair.

Who cares what test it was running?
I'd like my consoles to survive a stress test without melting, thanks.

VisualShock! SpeedShock! SoundShock!
Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!

Kenka

Guys thanks much for your answers. One thing is bugging me on the GPU specs side as a whole. If the Pixel Fill rate is as high as several billions, why can't we have smooth framerates at much much much higher resolution than now ? Theroretically, we only need as much as 1600 x 2560 = 4 millions / sec, right ? Where does all the rest go ? Why do we keep increasing this quantity as technology evolves ?

wsippel

Banned
mrklaw said:
average load is 121W for a standard card. 182 was running furmark which is a little unfair. 121W is running crysis on extreme, 1920x1200 which seems fair.
Consoles are designed to be maxed out, so peak is what matters for the thermal design. Not average and no specific game.

Kenka said:
Guys thanks much for your answers. One thing is bugging me on the GPU specs side as a whole. If the Pixel Fill rate is as high as several billions, why can't we have smooth framerates at much much much higher resolution than now ? Theroretically, we only need as much as 1600 x 2560 = 4 millions / sec, right ? Where does all the rest go ? Why do we keep increasing this quantity as technology evolves ?

That power goes to AA, doesn't it?
Though, on a PC, you can have giant resolutions by having multiple monitors.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
wsippel said:
Consoles are designed to be maxed out, so peak is what matters for the thermal design. Not average and no specific game.
Nothing is going to push a GPU like Furmark, it's a utility designed specifically to push a GPU as far as it will go, both in terms of heat and power consumption.

In fact, Furmark pushes cards so far some sites like 3D Guru have actually stopped using it in their reviews because the results from that program are so far beyond what you can expect during normal usage.

Collecting results from a variety of individual games is the best way to determine power consumption.

AceBandage said:
That power goes to AA, doesn't it?
Though, on a PC, you can have giant resolutions by having multiple monitors.
Pixel fill rates, include every pass the engine makes over the game usually.

something comparable to a 4850 would be fucking fantastic.

I honestly decided I was getting this last night. I am starting to lose interest in gaming FAST and after some thought I came to the conclusion that it really is this long ass console generation with no end in site.

Thanks Nintendo for bringing the excitment. I'll go to the midnight console launch .

Top Bottom