• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Posts Up More Project Cafe Hardware Power Rumors

Vitet

nincompoop said:
Joke post? That thing will be lucky to run Dolphin at half speed for most games.

Well, I think Nintendo knows its console better than the Dolphin developers to emulate it.

Anyway, seeing the "New Play Control" series, I think they will go with a "New HD" series with the Wii games reediting them...

Shiggy

Vitet said:
Well, I think Nintendo knows its console better than the Dolphin developers to emulate it.

Anyway, seeing the "New Play Control" series, I think they will go with a "New HD" series with the Wii games reediting them...

"Old Play Control: New Play Control: Pikmin 2" for the US?

ReyVGM

Countdown site, if anyone wants it. Thanks to... whoever it was that gave it to me.

21 days left:

Tic Toc

More rumors plz, it's getting boring here.

Penguin

ReyVGM said:
Countdown site, if anyone wants it. Thanks to... whoever it was that gave it to me.

21 days left:

Tic Toc

More rumors plz, it's getting boring here.

I liked the random game discussion!

And here's one, I think we had before, but meh

What genre would you like to see Nintendo attempt to tackle.. aside from FPS honestly.

I think they could make an interesting open-world adventure game in the vein of like Uncharted. Perhaps...

Naw

Penguin

ReyVGM said:
I would like a Wave Race Adventure game.

How would that work?

Well I was thinking they could expand WuHu Island to be like some treasure island with secrets buried in/around it.

And perhaps have your Mii star in the game.

But realized, people probably want new character driven games.

ReyVGM

I'll just repost this:

You know what I would love? A WaveRace adventure-ish game. I love the crystal clear waters and waves, I love jet-skiing over them, I love weather changes... but I hate the racing.

I would love to be able to break free from the track and just explore around an island in my jetski. Maybe entering a few caves which you have to get out off before the tide increases. Maybe venturing far into the ocean, you look down and it's full of sharks! Yikes! Maybe catching a glimpse of a sunken ship or just a huge fucking hole in the ocean.

I guess what I would love is this: Wave Ware + Endless Ocean + Adventure game.

Elixist

ReyVGM said:
I'll just repost this:

You know what I would love? A WaveRace adventure-ish game. I love the crystal clear waters and waves, I love jet-skiing over them, I love weather changes... but I hate the racing.

I would love to be able to break free from the track and just explore around an island in my jetski. Maybe entering a few caves which you have to get out off before the tide increases. Maybe venturing far into the ocean, you look down and it's full of sharks! Yikes! Maybe catching a glimpse of a sunken ship or just a huge fucking hole in the ocean.

I could dig on this. The gameplay was so dam tight in Wave Race the feel of the craft and the craft to the waves was sublime. I've had amazing dreams of playing a Jet Moto that had huge waves (think Perfect Storm, storm scene) and it was fucking amazing driftin up them, jumping them etc. Just so surprised we've had no huge waves or awesome water systems this gen it blows. Deliver this for us Nintendo.

ReyVGM

Elixist said:
I could dig on this. The gameplay was so dam tight in Wave Race the feel of the craft and the craft to the waves was sublime. I've had amazing dreams of playing a Jet Moto that had huge waves (think Perfect Storm, storm scene) and it was fucking amazing driftin up them, jumping them etc. Just so surprised we've had no huge waves or awesome water systems this gen it blows. Deliver this for us Nintendo.

Yes, Perfect Storm would be perfect. You in a jetski/motorboat/whatever, at night, thunder and lightning, towering waves. Man... I'm gonna stop dreaming now because it will never happen.

Elixist

ReyVGM said:
Yes, Perfect Storm would be perfect. You in a jetski/motorboat/whatever, at night, thunder and lightning, towering waves. Man... I'm gonna stop dreaming now because it will never happen.

It can happen if we ask for it right? *cries self to sleep* Maybe they could make a playable tech demo for the e-store for 5 bucks with a few square mile ocean playground to gather interest in a full project.

Peru

I just want a regular Wave Race with gorgeous gorgeous graphics, but any water-based motorcraft game would do for me. MORE WATER.

Elixist

Peru said:
I just want a regular Wave Race with gorgeous gorgeous graphics, but any water-based motorcraft game would do for me. MORE WATER.

It's a game I hope for launch. It could def be a showpiece graphics/gameplay and also something really fresh as theres no competition. A def blue ocean genre lol.

KrawlMan

From The Dust said:
That might convince me to double dip on Skyrim

My computer should handle things at least as well as the Cafe will, but I really love the idea of having portions of the game separated onto the touch screen (inventory? map?). I'm not sure I would double dip, but it certainly would be tempting.

Mr_Brit said:
Alright:

• TSMC are launching bulk 20nm at the latest in late 2013, not 2014 as you said, this means that Sony and MS will definitely be using 20nm for their next gen consoles. In fact, it should be a bit sooner than late 2013.
  • Power draw and heat output are not the same things, heat output is crucial, power draw is much less so, you cannot make estimates about heat output based solely on power draw so saying MS need to stick to 160W maximum for their next gen console is stretching the truth.
  • No 2.5" HDD uses 20W and even if it did it wouldn't matter as they put out negligible amounts of heat, again, power draw is nowhere near as important as heat output
  • TSMC are using confirmed to be using 3D transistors on the 20nm process just like Intel, Intel suggested a 50% power draw drop for the same components manufactured at 32nm and 22nm, the difference between a 40nm GPU and 20nm GPU should be at least that big and not 30% like you said
  • You said the 360 used 160W, that is just the power draw at the wall and tell us nothing about the heat output which is far more important
  • nvidia and ATI's latest cards became less efficient due to needing to support new DX11 features, their next gen card architectures will be more and not less efficient as they'll have accounted for that already.
It'll be a cold day in hell when TSMC executes a process shrink on schedule.

Since when did TSMC confirm they'd be moving to trigate transistors at 20nm? First I've heard.

GDGF

Soothsayer
ReyVGM said:
I'll just repost this:

Waverace + Beetle Adventure Racing = A happy GDGF

antonz

brain_stew said:

Since when did TSMC confirm they'd be moving to trigate transistors at 20nm? First I've heard.
That is because they are not.
TSMC says Trigate too expensive not going to be used for generations.

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company said that while Intel Corp's 22nm manufacturing technology with tri-gate transistors has a number of advantages, it has no plans to implement something similar in the generations to come.

"We need the ecosystem to be ready for FinFETs, which means design tools, IP, design kits and so on. For us 20-nm will be planar," said Maria Marced, president of TSMC Europe, in an interview with EETimes web-site.

Mr_Brit

Banned
brain_stew said:

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/Articles/2011/05/05/51013/tsmc-waiting-till-20nm-to-introduce-3d-transistors.htm

Also, it'd be highly unlikely that TSMC do not have high availability for 20nm by late 2013. Their timeline is a new process every two years and since 28nm was delayed this means the time interval between 28nm and 20nm should be shorter than normal. I'd say they'll probably introduce 20nm in early 2013 and have it ready in bulk by late 2013.

When do real leaks about the conference/announcements tend to happen?

I remember when Matt Cassamanamania teased a "realistic Zelda" some days or weeks before the E3 2004 TP reveal. And last year we heard about Donkey Kong Country Returns early as well....I just don't remember how early.

Truth101

Banned
TekkenMaster said:

I remember when Matt Cassamanamania teased a "realistic Zelda" some days or weeks before the E3 2004 TP reveal. And last year we heard about Donkey Kong Country Returns early as well....I just don't remember how early.

I don't remember that, first I saw of DKCR, or rather heard of it, was when then music DK music started playing at E3. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if I missed a leak of it..

Game-Biz

Truth101 said:
I don't remember that, first I saw of DKCR, or rather heard of it, was when then music DK music started playing at E3. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if I missed a leak of it..
I think Peer Schneider from IGN tweeted it like a week before. IN retrospect I kinda wish he didn't.

ant1532

Banned
TekkenMaster said:

Maybe 1-3 days before. I don't think they'll be a leak for this though. Nintendo already had their forced leak. I don't think a real leak would happen.

ReyVGM

You know, if 3rd parties do their job and Wii2 ports/releases actually have better graphics than the 360/PS3 versions, then reviewers will most likely always say "All three versions are the same content-wise, but of course, the Wii2 version has better graphics."

That little phrase could seriously make lots of people update to a Wii2. Several times, when checking out the user comments on any site for a 360/PS3 release, there's always the question of which version has the best graphics, because if both games are the same, then why not get the one that looks the best?

ReyVGM said:

Wave Race + Endless Ocean + Pilot Wings + WuHu Island = ???

add in the bike mode from WiiFit+ and some mountain climbing/cave exploration
maybe a little bit of Animal Crossing and you have one hell of a time waster.

ant1532 said:
Maybe 1-3 days before. I don't think they'll be a leak for this though. Nintendo already had their forced leak. I don't think a real leak would happen.

I hope we get a tweet along the lines of, "holy jeebus cafe games look amazing" a full two weeks before E3.

I like it when GAF melts down.

ReyVGM

comedy bomb said:
I hope we get a tweet along the lines of, "holy jeebus cafe games look amazing" a full two weeks before E3.

I like it when GAF melts down.

Well, that shouldn't be what the meltdown be about. It's a given that Cafe games will look amazing. Even if they look PS3 quality, they will still look amazing.

ombz

ant1532 said:
I remember the motionplus was leaked right before the conference. I'd imagine Nintendo will guard project cafe much tighter though.

I can only imagine how a Cafe Wave Race would look like.
Blue Storm looks absolutly amazing when played on my 42" LCD TV via the Wii.

Hell, even Wave Race 64 still looks good emulated on the VC Wii service.
The wave/water physics are still unmatched.

avaya

brain_stew said:

Yeah always thought Tri-gate was gonna be from 14nm, Intel are miles ahead.

[Nintex]

From earlier in the thread, yes the GameCube reveal was awesome but also blue balls extravaganza

Kameo - Never shipped
Perfect Dark 0 - Never shipped
Donkey Kong Racing - Never shipped
Banjo 3 - Never shipped
Zelda tech demo - Never shipped
Mario 128 - Never shipped
Rebirth - Never shipped
Too Human - Never shipped

Hell, not even Meowth party shipped

[Nintex]

AniHawk said:
all i'm hoping is that the new system will be able to make a game that looks just as good as this.
If only Zelda was so realistic and gritty

remember guys , Nintendo didn't only shitcan the 'announcement line-up',
Kirby Roll O'Rama, Kirby's Adventure, Stage Debut, The GameCube bit of Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Factor 5 Pilotwings and about a dozen other games never made it.

lunchwithyuzo said:
I still want EAD Tokyo to reclaim Wave Race. From what I understand whoever programmed 64's water physics (and Mario Sunshine's) is there.
Did you ever play Mario Party 4? There is a mini game in it called Makin' Waves (look it up on YouTube), where the water is amazing. This is a GC games from what, 2002 or something. Still looks amazing.

Top Bottom