• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Tease: Tomorrow's PS2 Top Story = Shocking

Chittagong

Gold Member
I wonder if it'd be called

True Fantasy Central Station Online

or

True Fantasy Online Capabilities Online

depending on which continent you live?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
MS buys Nintendo.... SEGA BUYS SONY!!!!!!

bionic77 said:
You win nothing, now I really should leave this thread before I piss off teh IGN!!!

I've often found that people who spend more time TALKING about what they are going to do instead of actually DOING it as simply looking for attention. Yes you know the secret... a winnah is j00!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
bionic77 said:
Some people are going to be disapointed tonight. :lol

I'm not at all expecting that, heck I don't own a PS2 right now. Just throwing it out there..it wouldn't entirely not make sense, especially with PS2 entering the autumn/winter of its life.

But I'm guessing that's not it :p

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
bionic77 said:
You win nothing, now I really should leave this thread before I piss off teh IGN!!!

your not pissing them off, they're probably glad someone is shooting down wild guesses lest speculation run out of control and they're faced with a backlash.

teiresias

Of course, this entire affair brings up the eternal question, which is worse, IGN claiming they'll have big news the next day, or the inevitable L33T insider that shows up saying crap like, "Ooooo, it made me excited but I can't tell you because I'm l33t like that."????

shuri

Banned
Ok guys. Go outside, enjoy life, the announcement will be everywhere in a few hours. If you are really getting excited about this, reconsider your priorities. This is just a marketing scheme by IGN to get more hits and encourage more McDonald style stunts

shuri said:
Ok guys. Go outside, enjoy life, the announcement will be everywhere in a few hours. If you are really getting excited about this, reconsider your priorities. This is just a marketing scheme by IGN to get more hits and encourage more McDonald style stunts

IAWTP

People giving his meaning less hype attention is why they do it.

shuri said:
why does "enjoying life" always have to lead into something like "go outside"?
can't people enjoy life indoors? besides, it's raining...

DarienA

teiresias said:
Of course, this entire affair brings up the eternal question, which is worse, IGN claiming they'll have big news the next day, or the inevitable L33T insider that shows up saying crap like, "Ooooo, it made me excited but I can't tell you because I'm l33t like that."????

Definitely the insider.

Update:

IGN-Jeremy said:
Additional Details About Tonight's Top Story
As always, the speculation for an IGN "secret story" has gone so high, that it will never live up to what it really is. Imaginations and speculation are far too powerful to compete with. Even so, I'm going to drop this info for you in an effort to keep you from getting too over-hyped and to further tease you with what we'll have.

1.) It's not the "OMG Megat0n" that will shatter houses and force every non-pS2 owner in the world to run out and buy one. So no, it's nothing on Sony's upcoming "PS2 Live" service, Halo is not coming to the PS2, and I DID NOT save more money by switching to Geico.

2.) It is still a pretty shocking story. Especially to those of us around the office who have followed the progress of tonight's top game in question and for those of you who have been looking forward to it. It was shocking enough that when we thought about it, it deserved top billing tonight.

3.) It is an announcement related to previouly "other system only" game coming to the PS2. The cool thing is, it hasn't come out for that system yet either.

4.) The game itself is very cool. And PS2 owners who may have never given it a second thought before, should do so.

5.)It isn't a new Lord of the Rings game. LOL.

5.) At the very least, the story will be an all-new trailer and the announcement. There should be more to it than that, but that's what you can expect as a minimum.

Thanks for your time. And I sincerely hope you guys like tonight's top story. Because we sure do.

DarienA

Pedigree Chum said:
Sony launch their own XBox live-like service.

Mark my words people.

Not reading previous posts eh? Ah well if nothing else should make for interesting discussion.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Ghost Recon 2.. why do I get the feeling its about that game. The ps2 date is ahead of all the other systems at work now

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
teiresias said:
For my money, its when people do this:
shuri said:
Of course, what IGN and the L33T insiders do are a close second and third :)

Suikoguy said:
Ghost Recon 2.. why do I get the feeling its about that game. The ps2 date is ahead of all the other systems at work now

No. The PS2 is already getting it's own version. I doubt Ubi will just pitch it.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
3.) It is an announcement related to previouly "other system only" game coming to the PS2. The cool thing is, it hasn't come out for that system yet either.
The only game I can think of that fits this particular criteria is Killer 7. Any others?

thorns

Banned
I don't see Psychonauts or Advent Rising bothering that many xbox fans either..
It obviously can't be Jade Empire because it's being published by Microsoft.
Neither Conker or Kameo.

It could be Republic Commando which would be pretty inconsequential as well.. Unless it's an unknown game, I don't see what exclusive game would be so "shocking".

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Arcticfox said:
Outrun 2?

You know what? I bet thats it! There were rumors of a PS2 version a long time ago.

If true, I'm not that excited. Outrun 2 is extremely easy. I beat the arcade version (in Outrun mode) on my 3rd time playing it and I've probably played arcade racers less than a dozen times in my life. Granted, the extra tracks will spice it up...but its still a darn easy game.

thorns

Banned
It's obviously not RE4. Why wouldn't they announce it at TGS otherwise? It's most likely a western develoepd game.

DarienA

If it's Xbox I'd say KOTOR or Jade Empire, if it's GC I'd definitely say RE4.

Top Bottom