• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Thread February 2013: Where some have halitosis so packs of gum matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that pisses me off the most about the Dungelot patch is that you don't get the sword level head start that you used to, if you upgraded characters.

The way they set it for only 4 spells and 4 equips is awful. I dd 20 levels where I was always maxed on spells but still only had 1 equip.

Also, the mood thing is stupid.

Don't know if anyone is still playing Cytus, but for those not keeping track another update has been put out, adding chapter 4 to the game. The update also includes the option of purchasing chapters 5 and 6 (the first IAPs to appear in the game).

Heh, I managed to get the Panda House in Happy Street. I should be getting the rest of the Chinese buildings next week at this pace.

But I placed a Taxi and bus stand next to my dungeon, and checked it hourly....It should still be doable with the daily dungeon/wheel and friends visits.

The thing that pisses me off the most about the Dungelot patch is that you don't get the sword level head start that you used to, if you upgraded characters.

The way they set it for only 4 spells and 4 equips is awful. I dd 20 levels where I was always maxed on spells but still only had 1 equip.

Also, the mood thing is stupid.

I have to agree. Starting off with a +1 sword sucks.

AEREC

How is Final Fantasy 4 on ipad 3...is it sluggish? I know it wont affect the gameplay but I still cant stand sluggish animations/framerate, etc...

Heel

Uh...any tips on beating the first tutorial of Space Agency? lol

I make it into space, break off the fairing and start orbiting, but run out of time no matter what.

How is Final Fantasy 4 on ipad 3...is it sluggish? I know it wont affect the gameplay but I still cant stand sluggish animations/framerate, etc...

It runs great on iPad 3. It just looks like utter shit. Really wish they gave us the 2D version instead.

I've tried so many top-down racers I don't even know what I have and haven't played.

Was just interested in a list as much as anything to make sure there aren't any good ones I've missed.
Only ones I've played are:

Reckless Racing
Reckless Racing 2
Mini Motor Racing
Ghost Racer
Death Rally

And then I just got Slingshot Racing today.

kottila

Uh...any tips on beating the first tutorial of Space Agency? lol

I make it into space, break off the fairing and start orbiting, but run out of time no matter what.

For me the mission ended as soon as I reached space. Didn't have to (or have time to) release the fairing

Flunkie

Banned
Yeah Beastie Bay is weird. I don't quite get it still and feel like my "bay" could be more efficient but they don't really tell you exactly how. I'm still playing through it but I don't feel the Game Dev Story or Mega Mall hook as much.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah Beastie Bay is weird. I don't quite get it still and feel like my "bay" could be more efficient but they don't really tell you exactly how. I'm still playing through it but I don't feel the Game Dev Story or Mega Mall hook as much.
I've put some time into it and it's not bad, but it does feel like two underdeveloped games (island-based sim and a pokemon clone) mashed together. I'm a few hours in and it still hasn't hooked me like their other games have. I think for me theme is a very important part of a sim game and what BB offers isn't nearly as appealing as running a games studio, megamall or restaurant etc.

I'll probably drop it soon and give Clothier or Academy a shot since I've been hooked on the Kairosoft formula lately.

On the plus side, I didn't see an signs of IAP skewed balance or progression which is reassuring should they continue down that path.

Yeah, I'm kind of the same. I put a good couple hours in and I'm sure I'll play again but I decided to play Mega Mall Story first, such a great game.

... lucky me, there is like five or six more Kariosoft games I want to play. (Noob to iOS)

Heel

For me the mission ended as soon as I reached space. Didn't have to (or have time to) release the fairing

Weird, it gave me a pop-up tip on releasing the fairing and everything. I have to be missing something completely obvious or the game is bugged on iPad 3.

Anyone have any ideas? Do I have to perform the tilt part perfectly or something?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I've put some time into it and it's not bad, but it does feel like two underdeveloped games (island-based sim and a pokemon clone) mashed together. I'm a few hours in and it still hasn't hooked me like their other games have. I think for me theme is a very important part of a sim game and what BB offers isn't nearly as appealing as running a games studio, megamall or restaurant etc.

I'll probably drop it soon and give Clothier or Academy a shot since I've been hooked on the Kairosoft formula lately.

On the plus side, I didn't see an signs of IAP skewed balance or progression which is reassuring should they continue down that path.

The IAP is gold coins, and doesn't even become part of the game until quite a few hours in.

I'm hooked.. it's way way deeper than any Kairosoft game I've played yet.. your island keeps expanding.. and when you finally get the ability to move built squares it really helps.. though it costs 20 lumber to do.. but you can then move stuff around to really take advantage of the things you learn.

Oh.. and they don't really tell you anything.. so you have to find out on your own. Which I'm staying away from FAQs (except for getting awesome instructor codes)

you can even move stuff you just found, like giant trees with +++ nature

Chris R

The Room was pretty fun for $0.99. Just wish it was longer. If the next game comes out with the same amount of gameplay in it I'll probably still get it though.

Ninja Dom

It runs great on iPad 3. It just looks like utter shit. Really wish they gave us the 2D version instead.

I got this on my iPhone 5 and one day I continued my game and there was NO MUSIC, just sound effects.

I checked the options and everything is fine, music volume is up high but there is no music when I play.

Restarted my save and no joy, and you know how good the music is in this game. So now I can't be bothered to play as my 2 hour save is corrupt and I don't wanna start again. Waste of £10.99

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
It's back! After a loooong hiatus the new challenge is ready to go. :)

We just need a little something, anybody (developers, fellow gaffers) feels like chipping in for the prizes?
I thought we were mostly set-up but I had some communication problems (and he had family stuff that took over obviously that's far more important) so I dunno if we'll make it for this one or maybe the next one, we'll see.

Basically we need prizes (I and others chipped in in the past with cheap iTunes card, game codes... anything's appreciated no matter its value, it's just to add some punch to the fun, nothing major is needed) or a dev who want to "sponsor" the challenge with a few codes or swag related to his/their game.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

We just need a little something, anybody (developers, fellow gaffers) feels like chipping in for the prizes?
I thought we were mostly set-up but I had some communication problems (and he had family stuff that took over obviously that's far more important) so I dunno if we'll make it for this one or maybe the next one, we'll see.

Basically we need prizes (I and others chipped in in the past with cheap iTunes card, game codes... anything's appreciated no matter its value, it's just to add some punch to the fun, nothing major is needed) or a dev who want to "sponsor" the challenge with a few codes or swag related to his/their game.

We can sort something out. I'm just boarding a flight, but I'll get back to you.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I can volunteer a poke in the eye or poop in a box?

Gaspode_T

I am having fun playing Happy Street but suddenly when I try to visit toythatkills street I get an error...I found out it is because they haven't released the latest update in Japan yet, so I basically tweeted them to get off their lazy asses and do it. You would think market stuff would be more automatic in the mobile world. They probably have to wait until a 3rd party translates it or something...sigh...

Pixel People has about the most obfuscated way of connecting to Gamecenter that I have ever seen in a game...you have to...wait until Police Station gets built, then think to actually tap on it and look at the Achievements info to manually start it to sync...wut?? I am at 62/150 and have about zero chance of buying Utopia, sometimes I don't understand how these F2P games are making any money. Oh yeah, stupid people, impatient people, and rich people, sometimes I forget those three groups...

I am having fun playing Happy Street but suddenly when I try to visit toythatkills street I get an error...I found out it is because they haven't released the latest update in Japan yet, so I basically tweeted them to get off their lazy asses and do it. You would think market stuff would be more automatic in the mobile world. They probably have to wait until a 3rd party translates it or something...sigh...

Pixel People has about the most obfuscated way of connecting to Gamecenter that I have ever seen in a game...you have to...wait until Police Station gets built, then think to actually tap on it and look at the Achievements info to manually start it to sync...wut?? I am at 62/150 and have about zero chance of buying Utopia, sometimes I don't understand how these F2P games are making any money. Oh yeah, stupid people, impatient people, and rich people, sometimes I forget those three groups...
I'm also on Happy Street, add me SgtPepper[GAF]. I've a suprisingly low number of people that play it in this thread (4).

it's ok, kinda gimmicky. a bit expensive. but not the worst game, you can have some enjoyment from it.

Agreed. I picked it up on sale for $1.99 (I think) so it was worth it. I had lots of fun with it for about 2 weeks but after completing every level except the last one, I'm sorta over it. There's pretty much 0 replay value as well.

PFD

I've an extra $10 iTunes card (US). I can PM you the code.

Pachimari

it's ok, kinda gimmicky. a bit expensive. but not the worst game, you can have some enjoyment from it.

Agreed. I picked it up on sale for $1.99 (I think) so it was worth it. I had lots of fun with it for about 2 weeks but after completing every level except the last one, I'm sorta over it. There's pretty much 0 replay value as well.
Alright thanks. :)

I won't buy it at its current price.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Just to add what a dev said on the forum before people here start screaming about everything being behind IAP pay walls;

Today we announced Real Racing 3 will be free. And yes, Real Racing 3 was designed from the ground up to be a free to play experience. We are so excited about this game and wanted it to be accessible to everyone so we didn’t want there to be any barriers to entry. This accessibility is also what drives the awesome new Time Shifted Multiplayer feature, in that you can play competitive multiplayer with anyone any time, and they don't need to be online with you at the same time.

At launch we have 46 licensed vehicles covering 3 classes, a 22 car grid, real world tracks, 8 varied event types and 900+ events. This means hundreds of hours of gameplay for free making this one of the most expansive games ever on mobile. We plan to continue to add more free and exciting content with every update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom