• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Thread February 2013: Where some have halitosis so packs of gum matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pixel People: This game is crack. I don't generally like/play these build and wait type games but I've been obsessively playing for a few days now. The next land expansion is around 3.9 million so I have been saving up for over a day for that. Things have definitely started to slow down but I'm only at 62 genes spliced out of 150 so I have a long way to go. I did pay the 99 cents to double production. I figured with the amount of time I have put in to the game already, it was deserving of getting some of my cash. Any ideas on Utopium? I have the mine that I get 1 or 2 out of a day, and once in a while my forest produces one but that's it. Saving 40 for the cheat land expansion seems like it will take a week at this rate if I want to take that route?

Collecting hearts can give you a 2U or 5U. I got 10U in the space of 10 minutes while tapping away, though usually you get 5000 coins which are next to useless.
I've got 12 trees, which I've collected together and I've tappety-tapped during the day, while doing other things (i.e. work). I've collected the 25.
I've grouped the trees and housing in big clumps next to each other so I can usually tap without moving around too much. (I'm waiting for 48 million for my next land expansion).

Gav47

Can you sign up for a NZ account with PayPal? I'm trying to do it through my iPad but it only has the visa and MasterCard option.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You can turn airplane mode on and change the time in Real Racing 3...just saying. I wonder if this is considered piracy if you do this?

Did Tiny Tower ever prevent this? I think Pocket Planes had some system built in to punish people

Also, you can make an NZ account without payment options. Just "buy" a free game

Heel

For anyone looking for a roguelike to play after that Dungelot update, Cardinal Quest just went free.

qqdVec03rShw7kRXGEdWig-temp-upload.iqijuvak.320x480-75.jpg

You can turn airplane mode on and change the time in Real Racing 3...just saying. I wonder if this is considered piracy if you do this?

Did Tiny Tower ever prevent this? I think Pocket Planes had some system built in to punish people

Also, you can make an NZ account without payment options. Just "buy" a free game

In Tiny Tower you lose residents mysteriously when it is detected. In Pocket Planes... I forget what you lose but it is something similar.

In Pixel People, you lose 1 land parcel.

I wish to be sold on it, soothed and comforted by Gaf that it is playable and awesome.

well... here's a video i made of my bro in dec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrbfTh9HQRQ&list=UUbZo4HMR__-oNJjuXUC6sRw&index=1

like all control schemes you play more and you get used to it. The good thing is that due to the kinda clunky control scheme, many people suck, so you won't ever really get that feeling like on pc where you take a step and some guy headshots you across the world.

But yeah, the basics rules of engagement in other fps applies here too. If you play your fair share of shooters on consoles/pc you should be able to get the gist of this.

Pachimari

Tetris on a touch screen will NEVER work.

Unless they change the gameplay entirely

Yeah, it doesn't feel right. Same with Lumines :(. The iPhone version sucks.
Hmm, the first Tetris they made felt perfect to me control-wise.

Thanks guys for the NZ help!

Am I racing CPU cars or real people's times in the cups? And is it possible to play traditional love multiplayer against each other in Real Racing 3?

So since I last posted in here I have been out and about, at work, get home and my beginner car still has 28 minutes of repair time to go, such a shitty wait after only playing it for an hour earlier on.

At this rate you can't even play the game for half a day before having to send any cars you own in for oil changes and new tires... at least fixing a damaged bumper only takes 3 minutes.

You can not avoid using up oil and rubber while you race and you get penalized for doing so.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
how do people like baldur's gate? all this project eternity noise makes me want to replay it, and i really prefer gaming on ios over a pc.

GWX

So I was downloading Real Racing 3. When it was almost over, an error ocurred, saying that "the download could not be completed at the moment" (something like that). Now it's downloading everything again, and ~720MB takes a whiiiile with an 1Mbps connection :(

how do people like baldur's gate? all this project eternity noise makes me want to replay it, and i really prefer gaming on ios over a pc.

It is still a little buggy but basically works great on the platform. BG1 has its faults, but I still put it up there as just about the best thing you can play on an ipad.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
In Tiny Tower you lose residents mysteriously when it is detected. In Pocket Planes... I forget what you lose but it is something similar.

In Pixel People, you lose 1 land parcel.

Well there seems to be no penalty for RR3 so far. Pretty sure they will fix it later on. The cooldown times in RR3 can be pretty shitty though. Basically upgrading, buying cars, repairing or servicing you have to wait for them to be completed. Some servicing can take up to 3 hours but probably even more with different other cars. It's weird that I'd be willing to buy this game but I don't feel like spending a cent on the IAP

So I was downloading Real Racing 3. When it was almost over, an error ocurred, saying that "the download could not be completed at the moment" (something like that). Now it's downloading everything again, and ~720MB takes a whiiiile with an 1Mbps connection :(

It's training you for the waiting you will have in-game for changing your oil.

One more thing, you can tell EA have been involved with this game because there are some NFS shift tracks in this game, you know what I mean when you get to one of the street races which feels very similar to a small london track from shift.

GWX

It's training you for the waiting you will have in-game for changing your oil.

I don't know if I'm supposed to laugh or cry!

But yeah, that F2P model EA is using for this seems annoying. Still, I'm insisting in downloading it, just to see what the fuss is about and to check out the pretty!

SteveWD40

well... here's a video i made of my bro in dec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrbfTh9HQRQ&list=UUbZo4HMR__-oNJjuXUC6sRw&index=1

like all control schemes you play more and you get used to it. The good thing is that due to the kinda clunky control scheme, many people suck, so you won't ever really get that feeling like on pc where you take a step and some guy headshots you across the world.

But yeah, the basics rules of engagement in other fps applies here too. If you play your fair share of shooters on consoles/pc you should be able to get the gist of this.

You sold me.

Just saw that. It was okay until I hit that service cooldown. Plus the difficulty is weird, I am very suspicious of the time shifted multiplayer or whatever the hell they're calling it.

yeah, 22 car race, 6th and above are 20 seconds ahead of me, 8th and below are 20 seconds behind me... wut

Meier

Is anyone still playing The Simpsons: Tapped Out? Add me on Origin if you are.. abellwillring.

Edit: SmokyDave! Add me.

Gav47

Thanks, got everything setup.

RR3 looks and runs fantastic but the f2p stuff is really off putting for me, I can't see myself playing it for much longer.

mrkgoo

Yeah I'd pay for Real Racing 3, but in the end it's a racing game. I'll play it for a while, but I'm not going to continually pay to play. I'll quit sooner before I pay too much or anything.

Bought the first car and there was already a 2 minute wait.

It feels like the game simply has extended load times. In other ways instead of waiting I go do something else and inevitably forget about the game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Heads up:

Infinity Blade will be free for the first time ever later tonight (or already is depending on your region)

Asphalt 7 Heat will be free too.

Just saw that. It was okay until I hit that service cooldown. Plus the difficulty is weird, I am very suspicious of the time shifted multiplayer or whatever the hell they're calling it.
Yeah... Can't get more than 4th place for the first endurance run.

Kinda wish they just has normal AI.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Heads up:

Infinity Blade will be free for the first time ever later tonight (or already is depending on your region)

Asphalt 7 Heat will be free too.

Thanks for the heads up, downloading both now (UK), can't wait to try Infinity Blade out, loving all these free games on ios.

TA Plays: 'Real Racing 3' - The Rush To Hit A Paywall

Earlier this morning, Eli and I spent some time with Real Racing 3, which is available now in some international App Stores. As you probably already know, this is a free-to-play game and this little factoid is kinda rubbing dudes the wrong way. The fear is that EA has tuned the game to be no more than an IAP machine that forces users to pay at every corner, turn, and twist. In the interest of SCIENCE, we decided to see if this was, in fact, the case. Spoiler: it isn't.

In the following, we spend around 30 minutes in the game in a rush to hit paywall. We eventually do, but it wasn't one that felt gross. You'll see what we mean, if you take a look. Check it out: video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom