• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is a new Radiohead album imminent? - form new company similar to prior releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

Yeah I'm loving this. Sounds like the new Radiohead album will be very symphonic. I can definitely see them squeezing Spectre into whatever it is.

Wasn't wild about it. I feel like Thom gets lazier as a singer every album*. Didn't feel like a wild departure from TKOL. I hope there's more variety on this record.

*In Rainbows is the exception.

GVFbI3L.gif

Oreoleo

Decent song. I could see it working really well in the context of an album but if the rest sounds like this I'm gonna be a little disappointed. Video was fantastic though.

Just went back and listened to Spectre... man what a fucking tune THAT is.

Griss

Initial impressions? Don't like it. Which is worrying as I loved tkol and amok from first listen. Hope the whole album isn't in this 'spectre' style.

Going by this and Spectre, this seems like the album will be very orchestra driven. And if those songs are anything, I'm okay with that. In fact, very much fine with that.

Also, say what you will about the song, but this absolutely isn't lazy in the slightest.

Steamlord

OK, so I really like it for the most part. But hey, uh, Thom, Jonny? You do remember your band has a drummer, right? If you're going for a more organic sound with the strings then maybe do the same with the percussion? Just a thought.

Seriously though, there's no reason for the drum machine bullshit on this one when Phil could have rocked out on it instead.

megalowho

Chill song, has a nice momentum to it. Found myself wanting to hear a version with guitars instead of strings for the chorus, but if that's the sound they're going for on this album I'm into it.

Still not crazy about Thom's wailing about but it is what it is.

Griss

Man, it's fine if you don't like it obviously but nothing about this song is lazy.

Lazy might not be the right term bit I see what he's saying. 'Loose', perhaps. The opposite of crisp. The music here is fine, thom's performance... I don't know. And I don't think I've ever said that before.

Man, it's fine if you don't like it obviously but nothing about this song is lazy.

The vocals are lazy. He's not pushing himself at all, and the lyrics in the chorus are indistinguishable. He's not varying in the range he sings the song in, either. To me that's lazy singing. It's OK to like it, but I used to love Thom as a vocalist and he's just not trying as hard as he used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom