• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is a new Radiohead album imminent? - form new company similar to prior releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Fucking killer. Liked even more the second time, eyes closed without the cool but distracting imagery.

Fuck i swear im not trying to be at the top of every page

Fx8zblO.gif

Jarlaxle

I immediately enjoyed that more than anything on King of Limbs. Hopefully the rest of the album is diverse and layered. Not looking for In Rainbows level of awesome. Just something better than their last output.

Servbot24

Banned
I immediately enjoyed that more than anything on King of Limbs. Hopefully the rest of the album is diverse and layered. Not looking for In Rainbows level of awesome. Just something better than their last output.

To me IR is adult contemporary Radiohead. It's great, but they can definitely do more.

All of the albums except In Rainbows are on Spotify.

I know, but I figured that most of it was down to the back catalogue pre-In Rainbows being at EMI/Parlophone before it went over to XL (hence the recent pulling of the special editions) and that King of Limbs was perhaps a one-off greasing of elbows and XL just saying 'pretty please'.

Not to mention, Thom has pulled his solo stuff from Spotify.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Rather mixed feelings here after listening twice. The song has quite some atmosphere but as a 'song' it doesn't klick for me. Frankly this is not enough to get me being hyped for the album. But we'll have to wait for more impressions anyway, I guess.

hydruxo

Rather mixed feelings here after listening twice. The song has quite some atmosphere but as a 'song' it doesn't klick for me. Frankly this is not enough to get me being hyped for the album. But we'll have to wait for more impressions anyway, I guess.

Yeah I'm having similar thoughts about it. It's a good song but I don't think it's a track I'll listen to much in the future. It just doesn't do much for me. Glad Radiohead is back though, can't wait to hear the album.

Randdalf

I wonder if the album actually is coming out in June. It would be odd to release a lone single for purchase a few days before the album came out, wouldn't it? Anyway, I hope it's not the case, and they release it quickly like they did with TKOL.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So all of them except the best one.
I see the sentiment that In Rainbows was like the greatest thing they ever did around here so much. I could never get around the fact that it's such a safe album. I guess that's what people want for the most part, but I like it more when they're unpredictable. Yes, I'm a big fan of King of Limbs, so I guess my opinion is meaningless to most.

Guess Who

Banned

Yeah, it just feels kind of... aimless? It doesn't really go anywhere interesting. It also falls into that trap some of their other recent material does where the melody often sounds like Thom doing random warbling.

Yeah. I'm really into the start and intro, then 10 seconds into the lyrics it doesn't really go anywhere else for the rest of the song and I lose interest. Still like it a lot more than TKOL though.

iddqd

Love the combo of video and song. Exited for the new album.

This is random but does anyone have a tip for another new band/album that I should give a shot? Something similar atmospheric?

hughesta

Banned
Yeah. I'm really into the start and intro, then 10 seconds into the lyrics it doesn't really go anywhere else for the rest of the song and I lose interest. Still like it a lot more than TKOL though.
strings are constantly evolving
bass added in second verse
still more strings and odd noises added during outro

there's tons of depth here, it's just mixed well below the surface.

Blader

Anyone else think Colin's bass work gets better and better with each album?

And I love the switch from bass synth to bass guitar in this. It's a small thing, but it sounds so good.

And I love the switch from bass synth to bass guitar in this. It's a small thing, but it sounds so good.
I think he's insanely under appreciated. I'm in awe every time I listen to Airbag.

Deeku

The first thing I noticed was the bass! I think it makes the track and gives it some serious groove.

Sullichin

Burn The Witch is amazing, but it's obviously sending me on a Radiohead spiral.

Separator giving me chills once again. Definitely in my top ten list.

He knows how to write memorable riffs thats for damn sure

Separator, nude, how to disappear completely, could go ono

hughesta

Banned
man Amnesiac has the strongest fucking start

Packt Like Sardines
Pyramid Song
Pulk

definitely my favorite opening trilogy on a Radiohead album, with OKC closely behind.

Deeku

Has there been official confirmation that this is a single from the album? Cos this track is pretty dense, so I'm wondering if they couldn't fit it in with the rest of the album and hence releasing it as a stand alone single?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom