• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It looks like Black Myth Wukong is not coming to xbox anytime soon. Microsoft sent the exact same statement about the delay

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
He tackles the subject straight on, obviously he's not going to downplay their own product that's just silly. Twice this statement has been released with no change at all to the wording, and nothing from Sony to refute it either.

You can't have it one way with the lying from a big corp without looking at the other side, guess what the other side is not saying anything, but that doesn't fit your bias does it love 😲
You are being ridiculous (feels quite intentional and you being contrarian regardless of what the point made is, trying to win by exhaustion and throwing stuff at the wall hoping it sticks)… one side here is making shit up but staying just slightly outside of essentially libel and you are pointing the finger at the other side because they do not entertain that drivel giving it oxygen?

Topher

Gold Member
He tackles the subject straight on, obviously he's not going to downplay their own product that's just silly. Twice this statement has been released with no change at all to the wording, and nothing from Sony to refute it either.

You can't have it one way with the lying from a big corp without looking at the other side, guess what the other side is not saying anything, but that doesn't fit your bias does it love 😲

Game Science stated the reason for the delay long before MS started spouting this stuff. And obviously Microsoft is guessing here. They don't know about the inner dealings between Sony and anyone else. When Sony has made deals for timed exclusives in the past, they have said so. There was no claims about optimization delays.

Last edited:

Stafford

Iirc Larian was quite communicative about how the Xbox versions were going in terms of development. Hopefully it's not crickets until the very last minute.

Game Science stated the reason for the delay long before MS started spouting this stuff. And obviously Microsoft is guessing here. They don't know about the inner dealings between Sony and anyone else. When Sony has made deals for timed exclusives in the past, they have said so. There was no claims about optimization delays.
You don't think they know? Nobody cares anyway after the god awful PS5 version came to light, money must have changed hands to get that crap through certification.

He doesn't tackle the subject straight on either you don't know what that means or you are purposely being dense. Tacking the subject straight on means he would talk about the Series S and it's lack of RAM and how devs have been having trouble with certain games\engines. He doesn't do that. He says this isn't' because of a fatal flaw in the system (when it is) and blames it on Larian and the way they prioritize their time.

Listen if you want to believe MS good for you. You are exactly the type of people these statements are for. They know they wont convince most with these sort of statements but they rely on getting just enough to spread disinformation.

Topher

Gold Member
You don't think they know?

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Nobody cares anyway after the god awful PS5 version came to light, money must have changed hands to get that crap through certification.

Now imagine certifying the Xbox Series S version....

Matthew Broderick GIF

Last edited:
He doesn't tackle the subject straight on either you don't know what that means or you are purposely being dense. Tacking the subject straight on means he would talk about the Series S and it's lack of RAM and how devs have been having trouble with certain games\engines. He doesn't do that. He says this isn't' because of a fatal flaw in the system (when it is) and blames it on Larian and the way they prioritize their time.

Listen if you want to believe MS good for you. You are exactly the type of people these statements are for. They know they wont convince most with these sort of statements but they rely on getting just enough to spread disinformation.
I don't listen to you mate, run along now love.

Three

Notice they don't even mention Sony by name because then they would be saying something they would have to prove.

BlackTron

I could see them becoming a third-party publisher only. Going the way of Sega and not make hardware anymore.

Xbox console sales have already fallen off a cliff.

MS just has the cash to maintain their ecosystem/platform while going third party, which is already where we've arrived. Sega had perhaps the crazy management to do this, but not the luxury. If rumors are true then they already planned to outsource consoles sort of like all these PC handhelds where every company has their own take on it. They can afford letting the console languish while transitioning to this world where they don't have to make hardware for you to access your Xbox library. Sega could hardly operate.

Basically I think they want to go third party but they also don't want the Xbox ecosystem to just go completely dead unless you use old hardware going forward, so they're going to pay for that while lining up other OEMs to take the mantle.

Ironically, once unshackled from trying to make the most effective affordable subsidized console, there might be some pretty sick licensed Xbox machines. With no exclusive games...

MS just has the cash to maintain their ecosystem/platform while going third party, which is already where we've arrived. Sega had perhaps the crazy management to do this, but not the luxury. If rumors are true then they already planned to outsource consoles sort of like all these PC handhelds where every company has their own take on it. They can afford letting the console languish while transitioning to this world where they don't have to make hardware for you to access your Xbox library. Sega could hardly operate.

Basically I think they want to go third party but they also don't want the Xbox ecosystem to just go completely dead unless you use old hardware going forward, so they're going to pay for that while lining up other OEMs to take the mantle.

Ironically, once unshackled from trying to make the most effective affordable subsidized console, there might be some pretty sick licensed Xbox machines. With no exclusive games...
I agree. Well said.

Xbox would try to do what steam machines tried. Let third party OEM's make Xbox hardware. Asus, Lenovo, Dell, etc. Don't know how successful they will be but we will see.

Would be interesting to watch and see if it all goes down as rumored.

BlackTron

I agree. Well said.

Xbox would try to do what steam machines tried. Let third party OEM's make Xbox hardware. Asus, Lenovo, Dell, etc. Don't know how successful they will be but we will see.

Would be interesting to watch and see if it all goes down as rumored.

The thing is I don't think the idea is to be successful, the whole point is not selling many. If they sold that many, they'd want to make it themselves and act more like a platform holder and less like a publisher. And I'm sure there will be enough interested in a licensed Xbox to be worth making it for an OEM, if not enough to support a console ecosystem which it no longer has to. I think Xbox will be kinda like Surface...the pricey MS way to do something but not the only way and they don't have to sell millions to keep making it.

Zoej

Im just going by the rather specific wording of the Microsoft statement. The state of the PS5 version is terrible and hopefully this wasn't a deal that cost Sony money but if no deal existed why would Microsoft use that wording?
Good thing you’re not a lawyer because there’s nothing specific about the Microsoft statement with regard to a deal on this specific game.

Why would Sony need to refute anything? They weren’t mentioned by MS in their statement. It’s all smoke and mirrors on MS’ part.

laynelane

This is a prime example of why MS talks the way they do. They know that about 80% of the people who hear what they say will understand it's vague and can be interpreted in a lot of ways. What they are relying on is the 20% who are dumb enough to keep falling for their vague statements that imply one thing even though that one thing isn't true at all.

It's the same thing with their "only four games", and "it's not indian jones or Starfield". Even people like Destin fell for their wording while the other 80% knew exactly what Phil was doing. They'll keep playing this game because well it works as seen above and as we've seen in the past. Only just recently have people like Destin kind of realized that Phil is misleading people and can't be trusted.

Phil/Xbox team lying has become a meme at this point. They have to know it and yet continue to do it. Apart from the bad optics it presents to the majority, it also shows a complete disregard for their loyal fans. I think in both cases it's based on an attitude that the public is gullible and not very smart. As well, particularly in this situation, it's a way to avoid taking responsibility for their own mistakes (the S). It's just so futile at this point, though. Sure, they have some hardcore fans that will still defend them - but it just reinforces that their words and intentions are untrustworthy for everyone else.

BbMajor7th

Let's look at this at a different angle. Making this statement once can be a slip up and it blew up across the media etc.

Making the statement twice is either highlighting the truth in it, or they are absolutely insane.

If only "Journalists" did a decent job nowadays and actually pressured Sony and The Dev for an answer.
Just go look at PlayStation owned channels. If they're pushing it on there, it's probably got a partnership, if not, then it's not.

Radical_3d

Just go look at PlayStation owned channels. If they're pushing it on there, it's probably got a partnership, if not, then it's not.
I live in a small city, on a god forsaken southern region of an irrelevant Southern Europe country, and when Stellar Blade released the whole city was plastered with posters of that chick’s ass. I didn’t see no monke, so it’s pretty obvious when there is no deal on Sonyland.

pasterpl

Hit and miss my friend, as I said in other threads, for me Xbox/pc create single ecosystem - I play on both platforms, always looking for best experience - some, like you are happy with subpar experience - that’s fine, but know, there is an alternative. You sarcasm will not cover the more and more reports of game poor performance on PlayStation compared with gaming PC. Of course you didn’t have anything to counter my argument so went with childish response.

Hit and miss my friend, as I said in other threads, for me Xbox/pc create single ecosystem - I play on both platforms, always looking for best experience - some, like you are happy with subpar experience - that’s fine, but know, there is an alternative. You sarcasm will not cover the more and more reports of game poor performance on PlayStation compared with gaming PC. Of course you didn’t have anything to counter my argument so went with childish response.

I do have a gaming pc; 32gb ram, geforce 1080, 1tb ssd, i7-7700 cpu....but the pc gaming experience is completely different and I do prefer console experience, I was pc player years ago, but I switched to console and prefer it. If I have got a choice to play a game on pc vs console, I will chose console everytime.

2QPjnIz.jpeg

Last edited:

Roberts

I don't think there are any timed exclusivity deals, not in a traditional sense. I know jack shit, but I imagine it went like this:

Developers work on PC version then focus on PS5 version first, because that is where the big bucks will come from. Run into trouble trying to make it run well without sacrificing too much on the visuals. Make a deal with Sony tech people to come in and help. And I can only assume they haven't even touched the xbox version yet.

Vroadstar

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

GHG

Gold Member

"always looking for the best experience"

"xbox/pc create a single ecosystem" - AKA the windows store

These two statements are at odds with one another. Pick one.

You don't think they know? Nobody cares anyway after the god awful PS5 version came to light, money must have changed hands to get that crap through certification.

You just proved your own stupidity! If the PS5 version runs that badly, then how bad would the series s version be? Isn't that proof that the studio was telling the truth about needing more time on the xbox versions? Why don't you believe them but are so ready to instantly believe this vague Microsoft statement?Where is the actual evidence of any deal being made?

Last edited:

pasterpl

You still not getting this (we have this conversation in the steam deck thread). Most of my pc games are on steam, but I also use gamepass ultimate on pc and Xbox. I often double dip. I think I bought 1-2 games on Windows Store (I actually bought more games on epic store than windows store) and have almost 600 games on steam.

looking for best experience means exactly this. If a game runs better on PC I will play it on PC. If it runs better on Xbox I will play it on Xbox.

Astray

Windows store might be the shittiest experience I ever had to use on any platform.

I dread even downloading free apps from there because I know the probability of issues and problems are sky high.

Even Epic Games managed to make a better game store, and those guys didn't have a shopping cart for years!

GHG

Gold Member
You still not getting this (we have this conversation in the steam deck thread). Most of my pc games are on steam, but I also use gamepass ultimate on pc and Xbox. I often double dip. I think I bought 1-2 games on Windows Store (I actually bought more games on epic store than windows store) and have almost 600 games on steam.

looking for best experience means exactly this. If a game runs better on PC I will play it on PC. If it runs better on Xbox I will play it on Xbox.

Then in which case there's no "single ecosystem". You are spread across two ecosystems.

Don't know why as a PC gamer you're so keen to cling on to Xbox for dear life and tie your identity to it, but you do you.

StereoVsn

Again, quoting my post from 2020…when my pc setup was much worse. I guess if that makes you happy.
btw. I still prefer console experience that’s why I have over 40 inch Oled 120hz pc monitor and when possible use my Xbox controller to play games on my pc.
OLED makes 30FPS games on consoles look like crap due to instant pixel response.

Not only that but Sony hasn't marketed the game either, that's a really big part of those kinds of deals.

At this point, the fans of Xbox are part of the problem.

I mentioned this before, but notice how Nintendo and Sony customers have never stopped criticizing the shortcomings of their own chosen platform. That is because valid criticism is a GOOD thing.

If someone want Xbox to be better, they had to be ready to point out what they did wrong. If all Xbox hear from their customers is "everything is fine! You are doing great, just keep doing what you are doing!". then how can you possibly expect Xbox to change for the better?

Xbox doesn't need people to believe in conspiracy theories just to allow Xbox to not take responsibility for their choices. Accountability matters.

Xbox is where it is now because of both the senior leadership, and the action of their fanbase. You reap what you sow. Sony doesn't need to waste money to make Xbox look bad, Xbox is doing it just fine on their own.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
They were crystal clear on the reason for the delay. Every other time that Sony has had a timed exclusive, the developers don't even mention other platforms.

iZ8EMBF.png

Yep. The game complains about the lack of RAM when I ran the benchmarking tool on my handheld.
Remember when Larian tried to give a general statement about why BG3 was delayed for Xbox, then ppl pressed them for why and it was revealed the Series S was the issue?

Fun times.

I would highly suggest some ppl let this go....and just wait for the Xbox version. That fact I now see articles about this needing to point to what the Wukong devs said is wild.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member

I mentioned this before, but notice how Nintendo and Sony customers have never stopped criticizing the shortcomings of their own chosen platform. That is because valid criticism is a GOOD thing.

If someone want Xbox to be better, they had to be ready to point out what they did wrong. If all Xbox hear from their customers is "everything is fine! You are doing great, just keep doing what you are doing!". then how can you possibly expect Xbox to change for the better?

Xbox doesn't need people to believe in conspiracy theories just to allow Xbox to not take responsibility for their choices. Accountability matters.

Xbox is where it is now because of both the senior leadership, and the action of their fanbase. You reap what you sow. Sony doesn't need to waste money to make Xbox look bad, Xbox is doing it just fine on their own.
Excellent post!

pasterpl

OLED makes 30FPS games on consoles look like crap due to instant pixel response.
That’s why I am using Oled PC monitor for my PC setup. I play my Xbox on 4K ultra short throw projector/laser projectors (with dedicated CLR/ALR screen). Nothing beats that 120(in my bedroom)-150 inches (in my living room) in a game mode at night ;) my steam deck or switch Oled I use with their screens or dremglass flow AR glasses. (I love my gadgets).

BlackTron

They are part of the problem, but they aren't the problem. It's Xbox leadership's mistake if they only listen to an echo chamber of their own bootlickers who don't spend money on games.

Often Nintendo doesn't given a shit what its most ardent fans want, they follow the money. That's their job, that's why we got Wii instead of Gamesphere.

These companies are figuring out what customers will spend money on, and giving it. MS is seeing approval from the few people already buying their stuff and going "cool" (if you are right).

Top Bottom