• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It looks like Black Myth Wukong is not coming to xbox anytime soon. Microsoft sent the exact same statement about the delay

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
PC gamepass subscribers only.

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

Members who have an active subscription to Xbox PC Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate will have access to all games that have been released on GeForce NOW.

Happy Anniversary Love GIF by GIPHY Studios 2022

Now show us where it does say so in Black Myth Wukong.

Thank you for showing an example of an announced multi-platform project being locked after an exclusivity deal. (y)

Last edited:
I remember MS saying this when it was first found out the game was delayed for Xbox. Thought it was bullshit then, think it's even more bullshit now. Just out of curiosity, I scrolled on PlayStations Twitter page. They have 1 post about WuKong in the past week, and that was the post they seemingly do for every big game that released on the console; just saying it is out now. And for reference, concord is getting like at least 2 posts a day. I understand that's first party but like if Sony did money hat WuKong, they have done a shit job of marketing it on their end, even if the game is doing well.

Last edited:
Had the wording been more clear and direct, the conversation would be much different. But how it is written, you could say those two sentences are mutually exclusive. Both are factually correct due to circumstances, contracts, etc.
That's pretty much the only way MS knows how to communicate now. Vague statements that can mean many things and nothing at all at the same time.

Has anyone tried......

PXgYvDr.png

Please block it please block it Please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please block it please

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I really hate these exclusive deals Sony signs with devs after they have been announced for other consoles. it's shitty and unethical.

it's not like they helped with this game either as we can see from the rather undercooked PS5 port.

hopefully, the Jimbo moneyhatting era is done and there are no more millions wasted on this while they lay off devs from successful talented studios like ND, GG and Insomniac like they did earlier this year.

Stafford

nQrrfJE.jpeg

I know you don’t go to GAF to encounter the brightest lights but let me break it for you: that is not the kind of logo you put on a trailer 8 months before the release if you have an exclusivity deal.

Not saying I believe it, but can't a deal have been made way closer to release? I don't believe it myself, but I would imagine it's possible if they wanted to?

sainraja

They had no games of their own for this year after the complete mismanagement of their first party studios. Let them have it, I'll try it on Gamepass next year 😁
So, after they've put out games (in other words, they have already released them), they no longer count or something?
You might not be interested in what they have been "putting out," but that does not mean they don't exist (e.g. Helldivers 2, Destiny Final Shape and Concord).

MiguelItUp

Honestly, waiting for this to come to Game Pass is probably the best bet for me. I think the game looks cool and neat, but I'm not frothing for it by any means. A lot of folks I know thought it was fine but they didn't understand how it was getting 9s and 10s from some. It's all subjective, lol.

nial

I really hate these exclusive deals Sony signs with devs after they have been announced for other consoles. it's shitty and unethical.

it's not like they helped with this game either as we can see from the rather undercooked PS5 port.

hopefully, the Jimbo moneyhatting era is done and there are no more millions wasted on this while they lay off devs from successful talented studios like ND, GG and Insomniac like they did earlier this year.
No fucking way you fell for this.

BlackTron

The idea that they blew money just to be mean and not maximize thier profit and that the devs agreed to that also just to be mean and not get advertising is quite possibly the dumbest Xbox victim complex conspiracy ever conceived.
To be fair, they didn't make the story up on their own.

nial

Using Stellar Blade as an example is so dumb here; like, we know plenty of games get picked up by publishers for production right after they get announced as independent projects, right? The thing is that this time the publisher is also a platform holder.
Plus, a Xbox Series version was never announced for Project Eve, and go figure if a Xbox One port was still in the cards when the PS4 release was also cancelled

Orbital2060

No, they implied it by saying they can't comment on it. That is not a clear statement that a deal has been made. As far as we know this is pure speculation. How would Microsoft know about the internal workings at Sony?
No, they are saying they cant comment on the deal made by another platform. There is no ambiguity in that.

While on the other hand, not a single word has been said about the S version being in trouble. It was indeed announced for both the X and S. Its just wishful thinking that this is the case, based on a single other game with a rocky course of development (BG3).

No, they are saying they cant comment on the deal made by another platform. There is no ambiguity in that.

While on the other hand, not a single word has been said about the S version being in trouble. It was indeed announced for both the X and S. Its just wishful thinking that this is the case, based on a single other game with a rocky course of development (BG3).

Okay time to stop being retarded now. There is no deal

Topher

Gold Member

Nah.....Microsoft is being coy. They imply without explicitly stating a deal exists. Hell, they just commented on something they say they cannot comment on. Microsoft being Microsoft.

The references to XSS is speculation, but Game Science said why the Xbox version is delayed and they said nothing about any deal. If Microsoft had proof that there was a deal in place then they would be sending that proof to the Jez Corden's of the world in a heartbeat.

iZ8EMBF.png

Orbital2060

Nah.....Microsoft is being coy. They imply without explicitly stating a deal exists. Hell, they just commented on something they say they cannot comment on. Microsoft being Microsoft.

The references to XSS is speculation, but Game Science said why the Xbox version is delayed and they said nothing about any deal. If Microsoft had proof that there was a deal in place then they would be sending that proof to the Jez Corden's of the world in a heartbeat.

iZ8EMBF.png
Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

This is a prime example of why MS talks the way they do. They know that about 80% of the people who hear what they say will understand it's vague and can be interpreted in a lot of ways. What they are relying on is the 20% who are dumb enough to keep falling for their vague statements that imply one thing even though that one thing isn't true at all.

It's the same thing with their "only four games", and "it's not indian jones or Starfield". Even people like Destin fell for their wording while the other 80% knew exactly what Phil was doing. They'll keep playing this game because well it works as seen above and as we've seen in the past. Only just recently have people like Destin kind of realized that Phil is misleading people and can't be trusted.

pasterpl

This game is great, but even when it is on all platforms, the proper way to play it is beefed up PC, this is when you really want to experience it as developers envisioned. RTX, stable framerate, high res. Playing game like this on console is making disservice to yourself as you will not get the best experience.

This game is great, but even when it is on all platforms, the proper way to play it is beefed up PC, this is when you really want to experience it as developers envisioned. RTX, stable framerate, high res. Playing game like this on console is making disservice to yourself as you will not get the best experience.

Yea but you almost never get the best experience as far as game performance when it comes to consoles vs PC. That's sort of been well established already. Minus the games that just have issues on PC of course. Hell even then like 90% of the time I didn't even have issues and the game ran great (Cyberpunk 2077).

Even in BG3 I switched from PC to PS5. It was a bit jarring at first because well the PC was just better but I can't stand PC gaming. So I'll take the worse game performance over the other shit I have to deal with on PC gaming.

Nydius

Another press release of duplicitous bullshit from the Xbox leadership?

Must be a day ending in “Y”.

The only person here who needs luck is you. You’re the one falling for the oldest PR trick in the book. Microsoft has zero knowledge of any “deals”, they’re just dropping made up bullshit to make it sound like there’s a deal so they can rile up their fans with “Sony bad” lies.

And you’re falling for it like a clown.

Last edited:

BlackTron

It seems that admitting that the XSS was an awful idea is too much even for people who didn’t green-lit that idea. Don’t ask me why.

Cheap games running on cheap box. Next you'll suggest Gamepass was a mistake. How could anything that cost me personally one dollar be a mistake?? It's easier for my head to explode than to compute this.

Top Bottom