• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It looks like Black Myth Wukong is not coming to xbox anytime soon. Microsoft sent the exact same statement about the delay

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
He needs to change his avatar, he ain't no detective.
Well, i didnt see this in the OP. just the MS lies about a Sony deal. Maybe the OP shouldve been updated with this. I cant be doing detective work on gaf all day. i got kids to feed.

iZ8EMBF.png

S0ULZB0URNE

It could be stellar blade all over again, originally coming to Xbox as well and then Sony paid to keep it off Xbox/the dev accepted a deal from sony to keep it off Xbox. (As it takes two to tango)

I'm still hoping for little devil inside for Xbox, assuming it ever comes out, as it was announced for Xbox during the Kickstarter etc
I hope the sony deal is timed for that, as I'm really interested in that game.
This doesn't work with MS having much more money.

So hold up, why are sony keeping this deal secret again? What's so special about this game that Sony and the studio behind the game are so secretive? Where is the marketing from Sony if there is a deal in place? Why did the developer say they needed more time for optimisations on xbox? Nothing points to any kind of deal being made apart from this stupid vague ai like response from Microsoft.

vkbest

Because it's the truth, the wording is very clear and it's not something that can be implied if false, as it can be easily refuted.
I don't think you can believe they have a deal with Sony when PS5 port looks rushed and bad state and they rejected to give keys for PS5

Crayon

"All companies do it."
No. XBox pr is partly responsible for wrecking their own shit for years. At some point, you have to be devout to believe this shit. It went into overdrive when a cult formed around spencer.

Anyway, the game runs okay at best on PS5. Why they going to delay the release because they need to dick around with the series s version for a disproportionate amount of time.

fallingdove

So hold up, why are sony keeping this deal secret again? What's so special about this game that Sony and the studio behind the game are so secretive? Where is the marketing from Sony if there is a deal in place? Why did the developer say they needed more time for optimisations on xbox? Nothing points to any kind of deal being made apart from this stupid vague ai like response from Microsoft.
It’s just bullshit that deflects the attention away from Xbox development and weaknesses of the series S.

There are a total of zero reasons why Sony would secretly pay to keep the title off of Xbox — especially given how good the game is. They would be marketing timed exclusivity like crazy.

I don't think you can believe they have a deal with Sony when PS5 port looks rushed and bad state and they rejected to give keys for PS5
Im just going by the rather specific wording of the Microsoft statement. The state of the PS5 version is terrible and hopefully this wasn't a deal that cost Sony money but if no deal existed why would Microsoft use that wording?

BlackTron

Im just going by the rather specific wording of the Microsoft statement. The state of the PS5 version is terrible and hopefully this wasn't a deal that cost Sony money but if no deal existed why would Microsoft use that wording?

If there was a deal, why would the studio say they needed more time to make the Series S/X versions ready? What's the difference between you and someone who says "Why would the studio word their response like that if there was a deal?"

I mean, other than their story appearing to make much more sense looking at everything else, there is no difference.

Is it really so hard to just let devs say certain games aren’t on the S?
Unfortunately, MS has parity clause. If a game is on Series X must be on S. Or else the game can't come to Xbox entirely.

PS5 games could take advantage of the power to the fullest. We may see more graphical showpieces that are exclusive to PC/PS5, simply because they can't run on Series S.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Unfortunately, MS has parity clause. If a game is on Series X must be on S. Or else the game can't come to Xbox entirely.

PS5 games could take advantage of the power to the fullest. We may see more graphical showpieces that are exclusive to PC/PS5, simply because they can't run on Series S.
Like the other dev said: “This platform doesn’t matter,” or something akin to that for Xbox as a whole.

Which is true. Games don’t sell on Xbox so why bother porting it?

Because they don't want people thinking that the Series S is the problem. Do you remember what Phil said when Larian specifically said it was a Series S issue for split screen. Here's Phils response to that.

“So we're going to learn from this experience as well because we don't love that. But I don't think it's something that's a fatal flaw in the system. It's partners prioritising their time, us listening and being a good partner to them. And you see some amazing games doing great work across S and X. Diablo looks great, Starfield looks great. Forza looks great across both. And I want to make sure console gaming is accessible to more people, and we think the price point of the console is a pretty important part of that."

Notice how he never says the Series S just can't do split screen for this game and that's the issue. These are the kind of people you are relying on for reliable and truthful info and I have no idea why you would believe anything they say.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Not sure what point you are trying to make.

MS: tried to insinuate that the game is being held back by Sony
Developer: kept repeating the Xbox version requires further work (you keep ignoring how this is not the first game that needs more time to cook just on XSX|S)

Your take out of it is “why do people insist Journalist should not just accept unfounded MS statements as fact?”.

This just make you sound cultish… oh well…

Like the other dev said: “This platform doesn’t matter,” or something akin to that for Xbox as a whole.

Which is true. Games don’t sell on Xbox so why bother porting it?
I could see them becoming a third-party publisher only. Going the way of Sega and not make hardware anymore.

Xbox console sales have already fallen off a cliff.

Because they don't want people thinking that the Series S is the problem. Do you remember what Phil said when Larian specifically said it was a Series S issue for split screen. Here's Phils response to that.

“So we're going to learn from this experience as well because we don't love that. But I don't think it's something that's a fatal flaw in the system. It's partners prioritising their time, us listening and being a good partner to them. And you see some amazing games doing great work across S and X. Diablo looks great, Starfield looks great. Forza looks great across both. And I want to make sure console gaming is accessible to more people, and we think the price point of the console is a pretty important part of that."

Notice how he never says the Series S just can't do split screen for this game and that's the issue. These are the kind of people you are relying on for reliable and truthful info and I have no idea why you would believe anything they say.
He tackles the subject straight on, obviously he's not going to downplay their own product that's just silly. Twice this statement has been released with no change at all to the wording, and nothing from Sony to refute it either.

You can't have it one way with the lying from a big corp without looking at the other side, guess what the other side is not saying anything, but that doesn't fit your bias does it love 😲

Top Bottom