• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schrier "Xbox is a 'mess' right now, Plans change every year, Teasing "Handheld" right now"

m14

GT7 is a much better racer and has COD, the most popular fps on the market so im not sure what you mean by completely bare?

Edit: Just checked PS folks have loads of FPS and racers to choose from so im not sure whereabouts you are coming from.
Sorry Clarky but GT7 has a Metacritic score of 87% which is only slightly better than the last couple of mainline Forza games. Meanwhile the last three Horizon games are 90% plus.

Sony have no first party FPS, no FPS exclusives and a much smaller selection of them than Xbox. There's a reason Halo MCC gets consistently brought up when Sony fans speculate about what Xbox games they dream about seeing on their platform of choice.

diffusionx

Gold Member
In this particular gen, they had a mountain to climb and barely went up two steps before crashing to ground again.

Was obvious from the new gen launch slate tbqh.
I still maintain that Infinite delay just destroyed the Xbox before it even had a chance.

It's been a while so I could be misremembering but a lot of articles had to be written about like Xbox 360 game boost and shit lol.

clarky

Gold Member
Sorry Clarky but GT7 has a Metacritic score of 87% which is only slightly better than the last couple of mainline Forza games. Meanwhile the last three Horizon games are 90% plus.

Sony have no first party FPS, no FPS exclusives and a much smaller selection of them than Xbox. There's a reason Halo MCC gets consistently brought up when Sony fans speculate about what Xbox games they dream about seeing on their platform of choice.

I dont care about MC scores mate. Forza Motorsport is the worst in the series by some margin. I'd give it a 6/10, tops.

Xbox Has Horizon ( hardly a racer at all in my eyes) and 3 decent 15 year old Halo games. Almost everything else can be had on Playstation.

Or if your sensible you could just play them all on PC, like me.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I still maintain that Infinite delay just destroyed the Xbox before it even had a chance.

It's been a while so I could be misremembering but a lot of articles had to be written about like Xbox 360 game boost and shit lol.
If only they got infinite out feature complete, with a campaign that delivered at the launch of the series consoles. I think xbox would be in a much better place right now.

Last edited:

m14

I dont care about MC scores mate. Xbox Has Horizon ( hardly a racer at all in my eyes) and 3 decent 15 year old Halo games. Almost everything else can be had on Playstation.

Or if your sensible you could just play them all on PC, like me.
Clarky, you may personally not rate the FPS and racing offerings on Xbox but that doesn't mean they don't have a distinct advantage in those genres.

The PC comment isn't relevant, we are comparing one console's library against another. The fact that you can play Halo MCC on PC has nothing to do with the relative paucity of FPS games available on PS4/5 compared to Xbox.

clarky

Gold Member
Clarky, you may personally not rate the FPS and racing offerings on Xbox but that doesn't mean they don't have a distinct advantage in those genres.

The PC comment isn't relevant, we are comparing one console's library against another. The fact that you can play Halo MCC on PC has nothing to do with the relative paucity of FPS games available on PS4/5 compared to Xbox.

Hey i like Halo but the best games in MMC are OG xbox and 360 games. Hardly an advantage if the best you can do is something from 2 generations ago.

The best FPS on xbox right now is COD and you can play that on both systems.

And like i said GT7 is a better racing game than anything on xbox.

I have both for reference. So i can speak from experience.

Last edited:

Who cares about Halo anymore? It’s not 2007 anymore.

Dead franchise

Last edited:

Why are we arguing about who has the better library when you could be playing Silent Hill on your xbox right now

Last edited:

m14

Hey i like Halo but the best games in MMC are OG xbox and 360 games. Hardly an advantage if the best you can do is something from 2 generations ago.

The best FPS on xbox right now is COD and you can play that on both systems.

And like i said GT7 is a better racing game than anything on xbox.
Clarky, that's your personal opinion and Metacritic doesn't really back you up. But I think it would be fair to say that MS have clearly mishandled the Forza Motorsport franchise as well.

As for the MCC, it is an advantage when PS5 has nothing like it. That's why so many Sony fans are desperate to see Halo MCC and Forza Horizon appear on their favoured platform. There's a hunger there for FPS and simcade racers that isn't being satisfied by the current offerings.
And not everyone likes COD.

Astray

No Infinite at launch definitely was a huge blow.

I also think that 2023 was the only year they delivered the long-promised steady cadence of exclusives so far, but honestly need to verify that before I definitively say it.

This year already had Avowed get delayed to 2025 and Ara/Age of Empires both launch on PC with no Xbox date set. Indiana Jones is already confirmed to be releasing on PS5 so it's really out of the exclusives conversation.

I just find it incredibly odd that a lot of the media seems to act like everything is going great for Xbox when they barely manage to hit any of their announced timings for 1P, face increasing issues with 3P support and are letting the PS5 Pro come out with no answer at all.

clarky

Gold Member
Clarky, that's your personal opinion and Metacritic doesn't really back you up. But I think it would be fair to say that MS have clearly mishandled the Forza Motorsport franchise as well.

As for the MCC, it is an advantage when PS5 has nothing like it. That's why so many Sony fans are desperate to see Halo MCC and Forza Horizon appear on their favoured platform. There's a hunger there for FPS and simcade racers that isn't being satisfied by the current offerings.
And not everyone likes COD.
Im not sure on the BC capabilities of playstation but they have loads of FPS titles in their back catalogue if you want to champion retro games.

And Id hardly call the ponys desperate for MCC and Horizon mate, if anything they only want to see those titles on PS for the tears and meltdowns it would cause

Horizon isnt a "simcade" racer btw. Its More pure arcade. Motorsport would fall into the simcade bracket, but like i said its trash.

Last edited:

Astray

Id hardly call the ponys desperate for MCC and Horizon mate.
I'd say Ubisoft has quietly made a nice bundle of cash from selling not-Horizon The Crew on PS4/5.

I think Horizon 5 would definitely be a strong hit on PS5 or Switch 2, but Halo is far less of a sure thing because the shooter market is so saturated rn.

m14

Im not sure on the BC capabilities of playstation but they have loads of FPS titles in their back catalogue if you want to champion retro games.

Id hardly call the ponys desperate for MCC and Horizon mate.
You can't play PS1/2/3 games on PS4/5. There is a lot of love in the Sony fandom for Killzone and Resistance but those titles weren't competitive with Halo.

There's definitely a hunger there. Any time potential Xbox games on PS5 are discussed talk quickly turns to Halo and Forza Horizon. These are tent pole franchises that a lot of PS5 owners will be eager to experience.

clarky

Gold Member
I'd say Ubisoft has quietly made a nice bundle of cash from selling not-Horizon The Crew on PS4/5.

I think Horizon 5 would definitely be a strong hit on PS5 or Switch 2, but Halo is far less of a sure thing because the shooter market is so saturated rn.
Horizon would do quite well im sure, its the most polished thing Xbox have been able to put out in years.

The formula need freshening up though for the next one, feels like it's run its course now.

clarky

Gold Member
You can't play PS1/2/3 games on PS4/5. There is a lot of love in the Sony fandom for Killzone and Resistance but those titles weren't competitive with Halo.

There's definitely a hunger there. Any time potential Xbox games on PS5 are discussed talk quickly turns to Halo and Forza Horizon. These are tent pole franchises that a lot of PS5 owners will be eager to experience.

You can bet your life the majority of PS5 owners on this forum have played Halo 1-3 to death mate.

Last edited:

Astray

They're talking about these specific titles because they want to see Xbox fans experience pure hurt.

It's like when Sonic arrived on Nintendo systems.
Horizon would do quite well im sure, its the most polished thing Xbox have been able to put out in years.

The formula need freshening up though for the next one, feels like it's run its course now.
Not super familiar with how the series evolved because 5 was my first (bought 4 on Steam too to take advantage of the huge pre-delisting discount but didn't get to it yet), but it's incredibly polished.

clarky

Gold Member
They're talking about these specific titles because they want to see Xbox fans experience pure hurt.

It's like when Sonic arrived on Nintendo systems.

Not super familiar with how the series evolved because 5 was my first (bought 4 on Steam too to take advantage of the huge pre-delisting discount but didn't get to it yet), but it's incredibly polished.
All the Horizon games are largely the same but with a different setting.

They are good games, but they dont scratch that racing itch for me.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Halo would be a monster if they made a great one
I dunno, the ttk and slow ass gameplay doesn't fly these days. See Concord.

You also cant make any significant changes to the game without the 15 remaining fans they do have threatening to commit suicide.

Id remake CE if i was them.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Why are we arguing about who has the better library when you could be playing Silent Hill on your xbox right now

True.

au6jsmx7clh71.jpg

RPCGamer

What is going on in the industry?

Is this still hang over from Covid?

Xbox, Ubisoft, Bethesda.... and others, lots of misses, loss of cash, no clear direction.

Worrying times.
It's been like this since the PS4/Xbox One. The games are getting too big, expensive and time consuming to make. From 3/4 years development to 6 or more. As a result, big studios are playing it incredibly safe by chasing market trends and remakes/remasters of popular franchises only. Those that can't handle it are being bought, cutting down or collapsing. This is also why we didn't see that many games flourish like we have in the past. During the PS2 and 360 gens, we had entire franchise born and finish, but due to game dev taking so long now, that's not possible.

The solution? No idea, but I do agree with Shawn Layden they need to cut back and make shorter, smaller games - guessing he means to 360/ps3 size or smaller.

Last edited:

m14

Dude if you're of a certain age then you played Halo, even if it was at a mates. Trust me on this one.
Clarky, these are hardcore Sony fans we're talking about. At most they will have sat on a couch while other people played Halo and droned on about how revolutionary the Cell processor was.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Yeah I don’t think the mainstream consumer looking to buy a console will choose Xbox because the parent company just happens to own COD.

They’ll just see COD available in the shop for both platforms and notice one platform has a lot more quality titles than the other.

There’s literally no reason for anyone who’s buying a console for the first time to choose Xbox Series over PS5. The Series consoles only really appeal to people already ingrained in the Xbox ecosystem…

…this has really held them back this generation, but conversely it’s probably the main reason Xbox is still going at all.
I only have a switch and I'm thinking about get an Xbox. I only owned a PlayStation briefly for for FFVll many many years ago. I would quit gaming before owning another Sony console.

Last edited:

Nydius

The topic of Xbox ports on PS5 has been discussed regularly enough where this picture has become very clear.

The most hardcore Sony-only folks I know would much rather have a Gears of War trilogy remaster on PS5 rather than a port of Halo MCC. A third person cover shooter with proper multiplayer and horde modes is more interesting to them than 15-20 year old, antiquated, arena shooters.

Face reality, Halo is a dead franchise and mostly has been since Halo 5 Guardians. Free to play on PC couldn’t even save it. The only reason people want to see it ported is because Microsoft has said, for years, that Halo is their bedrock. When Halo goes, Xbox is completely done as a platform.

“If we lose our way with Halo, we lose our way with Xbox…” - Phil Spencer.

m14

The most hardcore Sony-only folks I know would much rather have a Gears of War trilogy remaster on PS5 rather than a port of Halo MCC. A third person cover shooter with proper multiplayer and horde modes is more interesting to them than 15-20 year old, antiquated, arena shooters.

Face reality, Halo is a dead franchise and mostly has been since Halo 5 Guardians. Free to play on PC couldn’t even save it. The only reason people want to see it ported is because Microsoft has said, for years, that Halo is their bedrock. When Halo goes, Xbox is completely done as a platform.

“If we lose our way with Halo, we lose our way with Xbox…” - Phil Spencer.
Halo isn't dead, it's just resting. :messenger_hushed:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So xbox are now the dog that caught the mud flap...both xbox and Sony are in such a weird place it's unreal. We have xbox doing everything and anything, we have Sony living off it's legacy while coasting in the default position. Next gen and the audience reaction is going to be very interesting.

- Released the PS5 Slim (November '23. Released to great success)
- Released the PS Portal (November '23. Sold out for months, loved by most that bought it)
- Helldivers 2 (February '24. One of the best-selling games on planet Earth for 2024. Console exclusive. 2nd party game and owned by Sony)
- Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (February '24. 2nd highest rated game this year. 3rd party exclusive. GOTY contender!)
- Rise of the Ronin (March '24. The best-selling Koei Tecmo game so far. Published by Sony. Exclusive)
- Stellar Blade (April '24. Beloved game by new Korean devs, Published by Sony. Exclusive. Sold 1 million in 6 weeks).
- Black Myth Wukong (August '24. Default console exclusive at the moment. Est to have sold 4 million on PS5 worldwide in the first 30 days).
- Astrobot (September '24. Top 5 GOTY contender. Highest-rated full game this year. Sony owned. Exclusive)
- Silent Hill 2: Remake (October '24. Highly rated game 3rd party console exclusive)
- PS5 Pro: (Releases in November. Nothing yet to add)

This is what Sony has done within the last 11 months. I wouldn't call this coasting to be honest. That's 7 highly rated or highly sold games that are full or console exclusives. Along with 3 different pieces of new hardware. If this is coasting, I'd hate to see what PlayStation would look like if Sony tried.

RPCGamer

- Released the PS Portal (November '23. Sold out for months, loved by most that bought it)
- Helldivers 2 (February '24. One of the best-selling games on planet Earth for 2024. Console exclusive. 2nd party game and owned by Sony)
- Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (February '24. 2nd highest rated game this year. 3rd party exclusive. GOTY contender!)
- Rise of the Ronin (March '24. The best-selling Koei Tecmo game so far. Published by Sony. Exclusive)
- Stellar Blade (April '24. Beloved game by new Korean devs, Published by Sony. Exclusive. Sold 1 million in 6 weeks).
- Black Myth Wukong (August '24. Default console exclusive at the moment. Est to have sold 4 million on PS5 worldwide in the first 30 days).
- Astrobot (September '24. Top 5 GOTY contender. Highest-rated full game this year. Sony owned. Exclusive)
- Silent Hill 2: Remake (October '24. Highly rated game 3rd party console exclusive)

This is what Sony has done within the last 11 months. I wouldn't call this coasting to be honest. That's 7 highly rated or highly sold games that are full or console exclusives. Along with 3 different pieces of new hardware. If this is coasting, I'd hate to see what PlayStation would look like if Sony tried.
3 hardware releases and 3 exclusive games and now months of nothing? If that impressives you, they should just jiggle some keys on the next state of play.

Last edited:

Klayzer

You know how it goes, if Xbox is sucking, the industry is as well. That's straight from Microsoft's PR playbook. Hopium at it's finest.

Last edited:

RPCGamer

You know how it goes, if Xbox is sucking, the industry is as well. That's straight from Microsoft's PR playback. Hopium at it's finest.
Not at all. Sony have done well this gen, but I don't think either have been amazing due to the wider issues in the triple A space. Also if we're leaning into the fan boy mentality, the guy literally has a Colin Moriarty avatar.

Last edited:

Klayzer

Not at all. Sony have done well this gen, but I don't think either have been amazing due to the wider issues in the triple A space. Also if we're leaning into the fan boy mentality, the guy literally has a Colin Moriarty avatar.
I don't know what you're on, but it's been a great year for releases on Playstation. First, second, or third-party.

They always seem like they have their shit together at showcases and then they never deliver. Bosman has said something to this affect, but many of their games are more valuable to Xbox marketing before they are released than afterwards, because the end product is so routinely disappointing.

Redfall, Starfield, and Hellblade were all much more valuable as trailers in E3 shows.

I've been watching Xbox have great showcases since at least 2018. It's been six years and still they don't have the kinds of exclusives that ignite a platform base.
thats fair criticism. And its definitely justified. Their efforts to turn things around have been long winded and inexcusably long but i rather it be a case of a long time coming than a never happened at all. I believe they will turn things around. I almost equate it to a baseball teams farm system being inadequate and through good drafts and years of good player development it starts to bear fruit but it takes quite some time. I think they had major foundational issues that had to be ironed out and its at this point taking two generations worth of time to turn it around so i understand the frustration but i think they’ve learned their lesson in terms of having exclusive experiences to pull people into their ecosystem while also strategically being multiplatform on older titles that need engagement spikes or titles that serve the company better being available on different platforms like an Indiana Jones that is better served being treated like a new ip and finding a broader audience. Cant forget how big some of these investments theyve made are which shows me commitment and not a half hearted approach. They now have an insane stable of first party studios and i cant imagine them not going all in on next gen with those things in mind. Also think latter half of this gen will be great. Fable Gears E Day Perfect Dark Avowed Clockwork etc. And the Halo switching to Ue5 today is great news too. Im optimistic as an Xbox fan. Truly.

Last edited:

demigod

So xbox are now the dog that caught the mud flap...both xbox and Sony are in such a weird place it's unreal. We have xbox doing everything and anything, we have Sony living off it's legacy while coasting in the default position. Next gen and the audience reaction is going to be very interesting.
SonyToo
Looking forward, I think xbox could end this gen quite strong. They have the lineup and Sony seemed to have gotten lost under Jim Ryan and his idea of everything being GaaS. It could lead into a good next gen for xbox as a result.
So predictable

Halo hasn't been relevant since...what year exactly? The fact you need to bring up a remastered collection from that IP from the good ol' days says everything, which is interesting since people keep complaining that Sony releases remasters and remakes but apparently for this one IP it's okay. And Forza Motorstorm may have an 87 on metacritic but the market didn't move when it released, no one cared and it's an irrelevant IP right now. Meanwhile Gran Turismo 7 keeps showing up on sales charts, almost 3 years after release and it's probably well past the 10M copies sold at this point. Another Xbox fumble. Just 10 years ago that IP was A LOT more relevant than GT.

I'll give you Forza Horizon though.

3 hardware releases and 3 exclusive games and now months of nothing? If that impressives you, they should just jiggle some keys on the next state of play.
Ok...i'm gonna need a lengthy analysis on Playstation currently cause one paragraph with you saying "3 games and months of nothing plus state of play sucks" doesn't even begin to describe what's happening:

3 exclusive games? Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, FFVII Rebirth, Astrobot are 4 exclusive AAA games, not 3. 2 of them are new IPs and Astrobot just got its first full game that's not a VR title. I don't remember Xbox having 2 exclusive games being GOTY contenders and the top 2 games on metacritic in a year like PS5 does this year.

Helldivers 2 is literally a Sony IP and one of the biggest hits of the year in the entire market. Also console exclusive. Silent Hill 2 was just really well received as well. Another console exclusive. Everything mckmas8808 mckmas8808 mentioned can't be played on an Xbox. That's what counts in the end.

And i don't get what's the problem with releasing 3 pieces of hardware? PS5 slim is just a revision like Sony has done since the PSOne days. PS Portal is a piece of hardware that far surpassed Sony's expectations and the Pro, too soon to tell. Sounds like they are reading the market right? Remember everyone laughing at Dual Sense Edge? It's constantly one of the best selling accessories every month.

Playstation is excelling in hardware, exclusive games, financing new IPs, releasing sequels, remasters, remakes, small and big projects. They have marketing rights for all the big IPs (Fortnite, GTA, Fifa, etc) and until recently also had for COD which they now don't have because MS had to buy the entire publisher (or was it Activision that swallowed Xbox? Hard to tell).

About "months of nothing" from Sony...Astrobot just released a month ago, Silent Hill 2 is about to release, Until Dawn remake is also releasing soon, plus there's still Lego Horizon coming up. We already know next year will have Death Stranding 2 and Ghost of Tsushima's sequel. And this is what was announced so far. GTAVI, the biggest game release of probably all time is about to happen when PS5 is hitting PS3's lifetime sales late 2025 / early 2026 as well and i'm sure a marketing deal is gonna happen like always with GTA.

Hell even something like Palworld releases without a PS5 version, is a hit on Xbox and Sony jumps right behind and not only managed to have the game running on PS5 during that same year, they will also expand the IP to something bigger than only that game. That's how fast they operate. Xbox failed to even secure that. In a few years people will relate that IP to Sony and not Xbox. Another one. Meanwhile Xbox keeps missing surprise hits. Last year with Baldur's Gate 3, this year with Black Myth Wukong. But hey...Genshin Impact is hitting Xbox 5 years after release right?

With Sony, "months of nothing" is never a thing...at least for more than 6 months but no publisher releases games monthly, not in 2024.

Meanwhile, even after absorbing Activision, Blizzard and Beshesda, MS can go on more than a year without releasing a single game that makes the market move. That's what a mess they are in 2024. Like...Starfield came and went, Forza Motorstorm was mocked online, compared to cross-gen Gran Turismo 7 and failing to match it even though it was "built from the ground up" the the new gen, Halo Infinite...i won't even mention it even with a year (!!!) delay, Red Fall...who remembers that? What do they have? Oh right...that tech demo, Hellblade II. And...what else? COD, a well oiled machine since before they were acquired making the big bucks i guess.

Gamepass ruined Xbox forever with the "you don't have to buy games" mindset. It ruined them so much they are now releasing all of their stuff on PS5. Literally on one of their latest conferences, their big "one more thing" moment was to announce the PS5 version of Indiana Jones lol.

From all the big 3, Sony was by far the busiest one this year. It's not even close. They will have half of the GOTY contenders for themselves, meanwhile MS can't even score a win in those categories for their entire run as console makers for the past...20 years maybe? When was the last time? Halo 3? They are always non-existent at the Game Awards for that reason.

How can you look at everything Sony released, developed, financed in 2024 and say it's "months of nothing" while trying to put them at the same level as Xbox is...interesting.

Xbox problems aren't Sony's problems. Yes Concord happened, but that doesn't take away every great thing that released this year on PS5.

RPCGamer

Halo hasn't been relevant since...what year exactly? The fact you need to bring up a remastered collection from that IP from the good ol' days says everything, which is interesting since people keep complaining that Sony releases remasters and remakes but apparently for this one IP it's okay. And Forza Motorstorm may have an 87 on metacritic but the market didn't move when it released, no one cared and it's an irrelevant IP right now. Meanwhile Gran Turismo 7 keeps showing up on sales charts, almost 3 years after release and it's probably well past the 10M copies sold at this point. Another Xbox fumble. Just 10 years ago that IP was A LOT more relevant than GT.

I'll give you Forza Horizon though.

Ok...i'm gonna need a lengthy analysis on Playstation currently cause one paragraph with you saying "3 games and months of nothing plus state of play sucks" doesn't even begin to describe what's happening:

3 exclusive games? Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, FFVII Rebirth, Astrobot are 4 exclusive AAA games, not 3. 2 of them are new IPs and Astrobot just got its first full game that's not a VR title. I don't remember Xbox having 2 exclusive games being GOTY contenders and the top 2 games on metacritic in a year like PS5 does this year.

Helldivers 2 is literally a Sony IP and one of the biggest hits of the year in the entire market. Also console exclusive. Silent Hill 2 was just really well received as well. Another console exclusive. Everything mckmas8808 mckmas8808 mentioned can't be played on an Xbox. That's what counts in the end.

And i don't get what's the problem with releasing 3 pieces of hardware? PS5 slim is just a revision like Sony has done since the PSOne days. PS Portal is a piece of hardware that far surpassed Sony's expectations and the Pro, too soon to tell. Sounds like they are reading the market right? Remember everyone laughing at Dual Sense Edge? It's constantly one of the best selling accessories every month.

Playstation is excelling in hardware, exclusive games, financing new IPs, releasing sequels, remasters, remakes, small and big projects. They have marketing rights for all the big IPs (Fortnite, GTA, Fifa, etc) and until recently also had for COD which they now don't have because MS had to buy the entire publisher (or was it Activision that swallowed Xbox? Hard to tell).

About "months of nothing" from Sony...Astrobot just released a month ago, Silent Hill 2 is about to release, Until Dawn remake is also releasing soon, plus there's still Lego Horizon coming up. We already know next year will have Death Stranding 2 and Ghost of Tsushima's sequel. And this is what was announced so far. GTAVI, the biggest game release of probably all time is about to happen when PS5 is hitting PS3's lifetime sales late 2025 / early 2026 as well and i'm sure a marketing deal is gonna happen like always with GTA.

Hell even something like Palworld releases without a PS5 version, is a hit on Xbox and Sony jumps right behind and not only managed to have the game running on PS5 during that same year, they will also expand the IP to something bigger than only that game. That's how fast they operate. Xbox failed to even secure that. In a few years people will relate that IP to Sony and not Xbox. Another one. Meanwhile Xbox keeps missing surprise hits. Last year with Baldur's Gate 3, this year with Black Myth Wukong. But hey...Genshin Impact is hitting Xbox 5 years after release right?

With Sony, "months of nothing" is never a thing...at least for more than 6 months but no publisher releases games monthly, not in 2024.

Meanwhile, even after absorbing Activision, Blizzard and Beshesda, MS can go on more than a year without releasing a single game that makes the market move. That's what a mess they are in 2024. Like...Starfield came and went, Forza Motorstorm was mocked online, compared to cross-gen Gran Turismo 7 and failing to match it even though it was "built from the ground up" the the new gen, Halo Infinite...i won't even mention it even with a year (!!!) delay, Red Fall...who remembers that? What do they have? Oh right...that tech demo, Hellblade II. And...what else? COD, a well oiled machine since before they were acquired making the big bucks i guess.

Gamepass ruined Xbox forever with the "you don't have to buy games" mindset. It ruined them so much they are now releasing all of their stuff on PS5. Literally on one of their latest conferences, their big "one more thing" moment was to announce the PS5 version of Indiana Jones lol.

From all the big 3, Sony was by far the busiest one this year. It's not even close. They will have half of the GOTY contenders for themselves, meanwhile MS can't even score a win in those categories for their entire run as console makers for the past...20 years maybe? When was the last time? Halo 3? They are always non-existent at the Game Awards for that reason.

How can you look at everything Sony released, developed, financed in 2024 and say it's "months of nothing" while trying to put them at the same level as Xbox is...interesting.

Xbox problems aren't Sony's problems. Yes Concord happened, but that doesn't take away every great thing that released this year on PS5.
Again, I didn't say they were doing bad. I said they've been coasting at times and I think that's fair.

It would really help if people didn't over analyse and assume it's an attack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom