• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

I got a PM from a mod, so I need to talk about some things.

We need to get our shit in order or else we're going to be NBA-GAF'd. And that'd fucking suck. This is our home, so we need to get our house in order and get our shit together.

It starts with us here. So let's get shit back on track. Fix all this shit. Talk it out, beat it out, cry it out, whatever. Let's get past hating ourselves and enjoy some goddamn wrestling before we lose our home. We're not making some other place to go, we're not splintering anything, we're getting our shit fixed because we're not some Halo-GAF or some shit. Let's shape up.

So here's a list of things that I think will help, and I'd appreciate it if you all can help me out here because I like this goddamn community.

1. Don't threadshit OT threads about wrestling - If you ignore the threads you don't like, they will go away.

2. Let's tone down the vitriol towards each other, gimmick or not.

3. No more accusing people of gimmick posting unless your name is Horse. Because that was a goddamn gimmick and we all know it.

4. No personal attacks for a while, even in jest. Just let it calm down a bit.

We need to bring fun back, keep it playful, and not try to get one over on each other. We can have a decent goddamned community, but we're in danger now and we all need to rally and hit that hot tag to get Omerta back in action and the mods going back to ignoring us.

Will you all help me? I'll do all the things on that list.

I always wondered why it took so long Horse to get banned, like cmon his username gave it away that he was a gimmick account.

Alucard

Banned
Just watched the Miz/Jericho/Wyatt segment on my DVR. Y2J has looked great in his three TV appearances so far. Really looking forward to seeing his work on this run, and his match(es) with Wyatt specifically.

Seems I missed an eventful night . Thread has been a bit crazy

how was Raw?

Nothing was actively terrible save for the short Nikki Bella/Alicia Fox segment, but i can't remember any notable highlights, except Fandango commentary and THIS

tumblr_n8dh5c7npB1srbyoyo1_400.gif

ok look, i wanted legit debate out of Bryan stuff. I.e. wanted to root out the "cause he sucks" argument. That's what really grinds me, and wanted to explore such reasoning. But I guess it's just some type of brick wall and really, you're just not gonna please everyone. Fine, whatever.

I understand that, and I think providing a counter-argument would be fine -- provided it's in the spirit of a friendly discussion.

But it's when people don avatars and the personas of the wrestlers, or otherwise get a reputation for being too defensive about a particular wrestler that it becomes too much. And since you, for one reason or another, have that reputation with Bryan, maybe it's best to just let it slide for a bit.

I'd rather we all bite our tongues for a bit instead of losing the place altogether.

Alucard

Banned
Seems I missed an eventful night . Thread has been a bit crazy

how was Raw?

It was okay. Watch the opening segment to see Reigns cuss and say Cena sucks, the Wyatts/Usos match, the Bret segment, the Jericho/Miz/Wyatt segment, and the main event. Ambrose and Orton was also alright, and it was encouraging to see some storytelling going on between Paige and AJ.

Sokantish

I always wondered why it took so long Horse to get banned, like cmon his username gave it away that he was a gimmick account.

Just because you name yourself something and then make references to the name or avatar doesn't mean you are a gimmick account. If that were the case wouldn't Vince McMahon be a gimmick account too?

Also, call me a fascist, but I think people who drop in and say, "You guys still watch this shit?" or something along those lines and then disappear should get, like, a 24-hour ban. If someone did that in a game OT, at minimum a mod would give a stern warning.

I'd also clamp down on the sexist comments, but I think I'm in the minority there.

Just because you name yourself something and then make references to the name or avatar doesn't mean you are a gimmick account. If that were the case wouldn't Vince McMahon be a gimmick account too?

I may be wrong, but wasnt mostly everything he posted had to do with a horse? Like I understand from time to time, but if its really often.

ok look, i wanted legit debate out of Bryan stuff. I.e. wanted to root out the "cause he sucks" argument. That's what really grinds me, and wanted to explore such reasoning. But I guess it's just some type of brick wall and really, you're just not gonna please everyone. Fine, whatever.

Just take it in stride.

Oh, hey, look! They're airing the Daniel Bryan Wrestlemania documentary tonight before Main Event. Might have to give that a watch again.

Also, call me a fascist, but I think people who drop in and say, "You guys still watch this shit?" or something along those lines and then disappear should get, like, a 24-hour ban. If someone did that in a game OT, at minimum a mod would give a stern warning.

I'd also clamp down on the sexist comments, but I think I'm in the minority there.

That's not a big issue anymore is it? I know "you watch this shit every week, huh" used to be a thing, but I don't remember the last time it happened here. Unless you mean in OT threads. But yeah i agree

That's not a big issue anymore is it? I know "you watch this shit every week, huh" used to be a thing, but I don't remember the last time it happened here. Unless you mean in OT threads. But yeah i agree

Honestly, I don't read the thread every week because sometimes I just want to watch the show later and fast-forward through 80% of it. So really, I could just be remembering old stuff.

Honestly, I don't read the thread every week because sometimes I just want to watch the show later and fast-forward through 80% of it. So really, I could just be remembering old stuff.

I agree with Serpentine, I think I've seen those type of comments more in threads made in off topic than here. It doesn't really make those comments any more tolerable though, it's no different than posting some tired ass reaction gif and leaving the thread.

Things are looking grim for World Wrestling Entertainment and its money-losing streaming video service, the WWE Network.

In a sign of how hard the company is working to sign up new subscribers, the WWE announced Monday it will once again offer a one-week free trial to anyone who wants it.

The offer, which doesn't even require people to provide a credit card number, is one of several recent indicators that the company isn't getting much closer to the 1.4 million global subscribers it needs to make the WWE Network profitable.

:D

Speaking of NOAH they just signed the created of kinnikuman son
It was announced that Mitsuyoshi Nakai would officially be joining Pro Wrestling Noah. He appeared at today’s show to make the announcement and thanked Marufuji specifically for allowing him to make this next step in his life.

Mitsuyoshi’s stats… 180cm tall, 100kg (?) in weight, born January 2, 1989 from Tokyo, Japan. He is noted for having really powerful punches and is nicknamed even as “Superman Punch”. He is also known as a comedian as “Matamago”.

Nakai is a mixed martial artist who’s training is more in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He is a multiple prize winning amateur in his youth. He made his “professional” MMA debut on “ZST.13” in June of 2007.

[b]Nakai’s father is also famous as he is Yoshinori Nakai who is best known for creating Kinnikuman, or better known as Ultimate Muscle in the USA[/b].

I'm confused. Why are you happy about this? Since you watch the product, isn't it in your best interest for it to do well?

Plus, it may not be perfect, but I think the Network itself is certainly worth supporting. It's how I wish all sports companies would work. If I could get a similar product with NHL, I'd be ecstatic.

Wrestling fans are the only group of people I know who would say PPVs are a ripoff at $60 and should be $20 (as I said constantly at the time.) When the WWE lowers that to $10 a month and adds a pretty great on-demand library that will only grow with time, people actively want it to fail.

Why? If you just don't like the current product, then stop watching Raw and watch the old stuff on the Network itself. The Network is great, and people who want it to fail kinda bother me.

If you don't like the old stuff on the Network, then... I guess you just don't like (western) wrestling at all anyway, which means I'm further confused why you watch in the first place.

DMczaf

Cena's face when Roman raised his arm....I think he was shook, legitimately. No one gives Cena the rub!! He doesn't need your pity!

XenoRaven

Did anyone notice how when Cena came out he did the "you can't see me" sign and then held up the index finger on his other hand next to it to indicate the number 51? Did you think he meant 15, as in the number of championships he's won or did he truly mean 51, as in the number of championships he intends to win before he retires?

Vylash

Did anyone notice how when Cena came out he did the "you can't see me" sign and then held up the index finger on his other hand next to it to indicate the number 51? Did you think he meant 15, as in the number of championships he's won or did he truly mean 51, as in the number of championships he intends to win before he retires?

Could be keeping count of the number of careers he aims to kill

I remember him holding both hands open before doing that, so he could be signalling for 16.

Gorillaz

He means 51 titles before retirement, baby girl

yes 15 titles

DMczaf

I remember him holding both hands open before doing that, so he could be signalling for 16.

But he would have to lose the title to win #16. It makes zero sense to taunt 16! You are saying you are going to lose the title soon, Cena you moron.

Or Cena didn't realize that holding up 15 for him looked like 51 to us. So he's still a moron.

Top Bottom