• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

FyreWulff

WCW also paid Michael Buffer a shit load of money for PPV appearances

I believe it was million per appearance. Everyone was just taking as much money out of the Ted Turner ATM as fast as they could

Also, it's interesting to note that (Vince era at least) WWF/WWE and WCW never stiffed anyone of their money, considering the type of business where the smaller promotions like to do so. Even the guys that jumped ship to WCW from WWE, Vince ordered the rest of their contract to be paid out in full, because he didn't want anyone to ever say he screwed them out of their money.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To work for the current husband of his ex-wife when he could just go to rehab already under Vince's dime, take some time off, go for one more run in WWE, and get in their HOF?

Well, Kurt is known to make a lot of good, rational decisions in the past.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, come on Bronson, you know as well as I that Rockin' Rebel is the most under-appreciated of all the ECW Originals™.

He's got the whole Zandig Gut of Power thing going on - not quite as impressive as Zandig's, but still pretty great all the same.

He's looking so weathered though. Type of dude who would just walk away from an atomic blast. Unkillable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
yo how come there are no pictures of John Cena if he was goth wtf

Bo Dallas got that gimmick first
bodallasvampire9ubf0.jpg

How awesome is it that TNA continually makes people that are leaving the center of their television? Hogan, Styles, Sting, and now Angle. This fucking company.

How awesome is it that TNA continually makes people that are leaving the center of their television? Hogan, Styles, Sting, and now Angle. This fucking company.

It's like they're following the WCW playbook of giving Benoit the championship to convince him to stay only to see him leave anyway.

Roman should lose the vest against Rollins in a Hair vs Vest mask.

When he's forced to take it off everyone will be shocked to discover that he was Leakee the whole time

Jamie OD

Not a TNA guy so Is Kurt even healthy enough to wrestle?

Last I heard (which was only a few weeks ago) he was a mess.

I think he recently had knee surgery for the second time this year. The reason he has the GM role in TNA now is so they can have him on TV without needing to do anything physical. But yeah, the common belief is Angle's body is completely wrecked.

Not a TNA guy so Is Kurt even healthy enough to wrestle?

Last I heard (which was only a few weeks ago) he was a mess.

He still puts on great matches when he wrestles and with the WWE lighter style the guy could put on an incredible match for a special appearance at Mania. Kurt Angle vs Daniel Bryan is money and would be perfect, since Lesnar is busy.

As for Goth Wrestlers: I guess its not as popular as it was in the 90s, but I think they should try to make characters that appeal to the hot topic crowd: the Wyatts may already be on the way.

That vampire woman in WWECW though.....

14tla9k.gif

Dipping into the NBA threads, and that guy who ends his every fucking post with "PEACE" has to be one of the most annoying posters I've ever encountered.

Pizoxuat

The Brood wins for me for gothic gimmick because I was playing Vampire: The Masquerade at the same time they were running around in their poofy shirts and spilling blood on people. I didn't even like clan Gangrel at the time and I still marked for them.

Top Bottom