• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
If cousin Johnny shoots her in an attempt to kill Boyd I will rage.
That's almost too obvious. At least Justified is one of the shows that consistently surprises me, so perhaps they'll find another way around this.
Colton's such an asshole. I hope he gets Gutterson'd
With the amount of shared screen time they've had so far, you have to figure they'll come up against each other at some point.

kirblar

Loved the episode, but I really didn't like Cole's sudden drug problem. Not saying it isn't completely believable or even expected, it just was so sudden. It just seemed like he went from cool and collected to full on raging drug problem in a single episode.

"Is that what you called for? Foot puns?"
"Yup."
I think we just found out what got him kicked out of the military. He wasn't seen using pre-Ellen May incident, right? Seems like he relapsed.

I think we just found out what got him kicked out of the military. He wasn't seen using pre-Ellen May incident, right? Seems like he relapsed.
I don't think we saw him doing anything before then. Wasn't his discharge because of the fight post-softball game in the military? Not that it couldn't be drug-related on some level...

Could be, but it seems kind of like a small push. I could understand the huge leap if he actually killed her as he really seemed like he didn't want to, but not having done it seems like an odd reason.

Sounds like a lie a junkie would make up.

Makes sense.

Agree with Sepinwall. This one was a bit all over the place. Lots of great moments tho.

Yeah, this was one of those Justified episodes where they needed to cover a lot of ground to get where they want to be for the next few episodes. See: like 3 episodes from last season.

A bit disjointed and rushed, but some great moments.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That's almost too obvious. At least Justified is one of the shows that consistently surprises me, so perhaps they'll find another way around this.
With the amount of shared screen time they've had so far, you have to figure they'll come up against each other at some point.

I sure hope so. >:C

saunderez

Could be, but it seems kind of like a small push. I could understand the huge leap if he actually killed her as he really seemed like he didn't want to, but not having done it seems like an odd reason.

I think he's panicking about what is going to happen to him when Boyd finds out he didn't kill her and let her escape, then covered it all up by lying about killing her. I think that'd be enough to push any ex-user back into using.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
If it isn't a portent of shitty things coming up for them I'll turn in my plot speculation badge.

My brain tells me that Ava is about to get a bellyful of lead sooner than later, but Justified's writers have thrown so many curve balls I wouldn't dare to make any bet.

Prime example: Quarles going into great detail about how his little hidden gun needs to be carefully oiled in order to avoid a malfunction in the worst possible moment. You'd expect it to fail during Quarle's final encounter with Raylan in the most troperific way, but alas...

ibtTQ8TMJxP3sx.gif

My brain tells me that Ava is about to get a bellyful of lead sooner than later, but Justified's writers have thrown so many curve balls I wouldn't dare to make any bet.

Prime example: Quarles going into great detail about how his little hidden gun needs to be carefully oiled in order to avoid a malfunction in the worst possible moment. You'd expect it to fail during Quarle's final encounter with Raylan in the most troperific way, but alas...

ibtTQ8TMJxP3sx.gif

Oh my God hahahaha that was awesome.

I have finally caught up to the episode tomorrow after marathoning the first three seasons over the past couple shows.

I'll probably post some of my overall thoughts pretty soon. Looking forward to catching tomorrow's episode live with everyone here!

- TV Guide: TV's Best Dramas Right Now: Hats Off To FX's Justified
Raylan's life is about to get a little less fun and a lot more complicated, thanks to the impending arrival of his first child with ex-wife Winona (Natalie Zea). "A funny thing happens to most people when they have a kid," Olyphant says. "They stop thinking about how their parents see them and start thinking about how their kid is going to see them." Having grown up in the shadow of his criminal father Arlo's failures, Raylan sees solving the season's main mystery — the search for a presumed dead Dixie Mafia player named Drew Thompson — as a way to finally become someone other than "The Guy Who Shot Tommy Bucks."

And if, in the service of that goal, a few legal corners have to be cut, so be it. "That's what's fun this season — watching Raylan do things where you're like, 'God, he knows this is a bad idea,'" says Olyphant. Despite Raylan's many sins, including a kill count that would probably mean early retirement for most real marshals, his career is not yet in jeopardy, partially because of the good grace of Chief Deputy Art Mullen (Nick Searcy). Searcy says that leniency comes from Art having once been a bit of a Raylan himself, back in the day. "Art's learned from his mistakes," he adds. "Unlike Raylan, who's still in the middle of his mistakes."
Nice to see the show get some press. More via the link.

In his final column for EW, Ken Tucker with a couple comments on tonight's episode:
Watch FX’s Justified next Tuesday. “Money Trap” features a story credit by Elmore Leonard, the source of the series, and captures much of his mastery of the laconic and the idiosyncratic.
Indeed, one of the best lines comes from a low-life character who says, “I gotta make my entrance idiosyncratic.” Lots of rich, father-son rotted loam in the scenes between Raylan and Arlo.
This series is having its best season yet.

Man, to see this show deal with those two poles, Arlo and RayRay Jr. at the same time, that could lead to some really great stuff in the long term.
Yup. The show revolves around family and the father/son dynamic is at the heart of that.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I want to marry that girl.

Unless she burns Raylan, in which case I want her DEAD. I want her family DEAD. I want her house BURNT TO THE GROUND. I wanna go there at night and PISS ON THE ASHES!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I want to marry that girl.

Unless she burns Raylan, in which case I want her DEAD. I want her family DEAD. I want her house BURNT TO THE GROUND. I wanna go there at night and PISS ON THE ASHES!

lol. Considering it's Raylan...you probably have some ash pissing in your future

Raxus

I forget how awesome it is to see a quick draw Raylan after spending so much time not shooting his gun.

Arlo meeting coming up :D

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Is that one guy from The Fatigues episode of Seinfeld or am I crazy?

Also, yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom