• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

I've been avoiding this thread like the plague for like 2 weeks cause I missed an episode and was waiting for Comcast to get it on demand, but they still don't have anything newer than the first week of March and I missed the other reruns so I said fuck it and watched tonight.

God damn that was a good episode.

And may God damn Comcast and FX for being so slow getting that shit updated. I can understand waiting a few days to get viewers on the reruns, but when the weekend rolls around and they're done with the reruns, it should be available on demand. TI skipped like 2 weeks of Justified and The Americans because I was behind on episodes. They're just losing viewers.

ib0EywSzQC2RsN.gif

iDepwGq6ZdbZX.gif

Justified forever.

Raxus

What really got me about this episode was the two stand offs on two very expendable characters. Ava and Bob were both placed in the lion's den and escaped by their skin of their teeth. It was gravy on top of some delicious potatoes.

I also love how Boyd and most of Harlan is always underestimated by the big wigs. Shit, last guy who tried to take over Harlan got disarmed.

smr00

Banned
What really got me about this episode was the two stand offs on two very expendable characters. Ava and Bob were both placed in the lion's den and escaped by their skin of their teeth. It was gravy on top of some delicious potatoes.

I also love how Boyd and most of Harlan is always underestimated by the big wigs. Shit, last guy who tried to take over Harlan got disarmed.
url

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh my god, the Ava/Johnny standoff was so nerve wracking. I thought she was a gonner for sure. :( "I...I love you Ava." Aww Johnny. :3

Also, I NEED a gif of Ava throwing bourbon in that asshole's face and threatening to light him on fire. Ava is such a badass. Shit. That was a great episode. I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't the season finale. I can't believe there are two left.

The "dick sucking" dialogue is on the level of Michael Rapaport's "You whore" monologue on Prison Break. Holy amazing hell.

YOLO got what he deserved. Thank you Graham Yost.

And they got in a nod to Forrest Gump. That as apt even though, Mykelti "Bubba" Williamson was in this epsidoe.

inm8num2

It's almost as if the writers named the kid Yolo, made us hate him as much as possible, then had Bob cut his femoral artery.

It was like Yost showing how much youth culture displeases him LOL.

Last week's episode was one of the best of the season so far, but this one was pretty damn good, too. Constable Bob is a genuine badass! Who knew?
(I suspected it.)
Unfortunately, I was aware Bob survived until the end of the episode because I watched the repeat (I didn't watch the end of the preceding showing, just caught a glimpse of him), but even still, that was a tense scene.

Motherfuck Yolo. Yeah, you only live once. And you blew it, douche.

The writers for this show are so damn smart. They don't just write for a smart audience, they write for an audience that's seen a lot of TV and movies. "Yeah, she wants to drink something flammable. I know what's gonna happen next!" For the millionth time, turns out I didn't.

What about Tim, huh? God I love that character. I wanted them to give him more to do, and they have. I hope they keep it up next season. (Rachel needs some stuff to do, too.)

I guess I shouldn't be surprised Boyd might have another plan up his sleeve (re: Colt), but I'm still wondering what it could be. Here's hoping Bald Asshole Nickelodeon GUTS gets shot in the face by the end of the season.

Poor Johnny. I hope this forces him to somehow reconcile with Boyd. Of course, Boyd might just Devil him. Probably will, actually. And I guess he would deserve it :(

There's no way we've seen the last of Duffy, right? Maybe for the season, but...

I'm still hoping Drew (whose identity I had not even sort of guessed at correctly) can get out of Harlan, somehow, with Ellen May. I know it's not going to happen, and Drew's not a great guy just because he saved her (and is being played by a lovable actor) so maybe he doesn't deserve it anyway. But I still hope :/

squidyj

Last week's episode was one of the best of the season so far, but this one was pretty damn good, too. Constable Bob is a genuine badass! Who knew?
(I suspected it.)
Unfortunately, I knew Bob survived due to the the same episode being on before I caught the repeat (I didn't watch the end, just caught a glimpse of him), but even still, that was a tense scene. Motherfuck YOLO.

The writers for this show are so damn smart. They don't just write for a smart audience, they write for an audience that's seen a lot of TV and movies. "Yeah, she wants to drink something flammable. I know what's gonna happen next!" For the millionth time, turns out I didn't.

What about Tim, huh? God I love that character. I wanted them to give him more to do, and they have. I hope they keep it up next season.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised Boyd might have another plan up his sleeve (re: Colt), but I'm still wondering what it could be. Here's hoping Bald Asshole Nickelodeon GUTS gets shot in the face by the end of the season.

Poor Johnny. I hope this forces him to somehow reconcile with Boyd. Of course, Boyd might just Devil him. Probably will, actually. And I guess he would deserve it :(

There's no way we've seen the last of Duffy, right? Maybe for the season, but...

I'm still hoping Drew (whose identity I had not even sort of guessed at correctly) can get out of Harlan, somehow, with Ellen May. I know it's not going to happen, and Drew's not a great guy just because he saved her (and is being played by a lovable actor) so maybe he doesn't deserve it anyway. But I still hope :/

Really? it seemed obvious from episodes and episodes away.

Really? it seemed obvious from episodes and episodes away.

Nah... I knew it would probably be a character we already knew, maybe even from a previous season. And I knew it wasn't going to be any of those red herring new characters who had shown up for the first time this season. But they gave the Sheriff a lot of very good reasons to be as involved as he was in the thick of things, and they've had so many extended guest star actors (from Deadwood, no less) that I never suspected him. I figured he was doing everything he was doing because he hadn't lied about his terminal cancer. (Plus, weren't both of Drew's legs supposed to be broken? The Sheriff gets around alright.)

Of course, when they made the reveal, I felt like an idiot :p

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
When Johnny finally gets got, I'll raise my own glass of brandy in celebration. Snake.

I could listen to Tim and Colt snipe (pun intended) at each other over the phone for hours.

squidyj

Nah... I knew it would probably be a character we already knew, maybe even from a previous season. And I knew it wasn't going to be any of those red herring new characters who had shown up for the first time this season. But they gave the Sheriff a lot of very good reasons to be as involved as he was in the thick of things, and they've had so many extended guest star actors (from Deadwood, no less) that I never suspected him. I figured he was doing everything he was doing because he hadn't lied about his terminal cancer. (Plus, weren't both of Drew's legs supposed to be broken? The Sheriff gets around alright.)

Of course, when they made the reveal, I felt like an idiot :p

I don't remember where I first knew, it was at least by the time Drew was in the marshall's office and they were talking about his wife and it kept showing him looking all funny and shit. I can't even remember if that was before or after the conversation with him and Ellen May about the clothes and everything.

I mean, he was hiding her the whole time and what better person to hide a fugitive than another fugitive?

It's also clear that you can eliminate a lot of people from that list, new characters are out, people with no screen time are out, marshalls are out, Crowders are out. Anyone without wrinkles and grey hair is out. There weren't many people it could have been without a whole hell of a lot of "WHAT THE FUCK? THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT!"

"I see what you like about her!" was so brilliant.

I was so expecting any one or all of the people in that room to get shot.

It was actually amazing how few guns went off in that episode. Masterful.

BFIB

Just when I think Justified couldn't get any better.

There's just something about this show. Who knew Constable Bob could take such a beating? This will always be Patton Oswalt's defining role for me. The whole beating scene was brutal to watch.

Only Justified could have a man with the mob named Yolo.

The season started off a little slow, reminiscent of season one. But man, when this show hits the cylinders, there's really nothing that can match it (Breaking Bad is close).

Like I said before, this thread should be 20 times the size it is now. This show should be seen by everyone.

Ruze789

Such a good damn episode!

Went in thinking it'd be a lot more action packed, as 'We just gotta figure out how to get out of Harlan alive' led me to think it would be more of a chase/ shoot-em-up kind of episode... but that was some gooood shit.

The whole Gutterson/ Colt standoff was the highlight of the episode for me but all of it was great, Constable Bob finally getting to Beef Stew someone, and all the dialogue throughout.

Linius

Wow guys, I think this is my favourite episode of the season so far. Absolutely great, the conversations were top notch. A fair amount of action too. You gotta hand it to Bob, tough mofo he is. Also, only Justified could pull off naming a character yolo :lol

Wow. It's impossible to overstate how great this show is. Just an amazing achievement week in and week out.

I'm in awe of everyone involved in the production of it.

Plissken

That episode was more entertaining than any movie I've seen this year. So many good moments; Colt and Tim's conversation, Drew's "reminiscing" throughout, Raylan and Boyd together again (sort of), and holy shit at Constable Bob! Man is like a Timex; took a licking and kept on ticking, and then did what we all wish we could do; killed YOLO.

Tokubetsu

"For all I know I'm having a full blown PTSD episode."
"You get those a lot?"
"Only when I'm handling firearms in public"

I love how Tim always has these funny deadpan lines that have a very dark undertone.

Also, AV Club makes a good point, Tim was being a major dick in that whole conversation with Colt, even when he wasn't being too obvious. Lt. Dan is a major fuck-up in Forrest Gump. Missed that first viewing haha.

I need to go buy season 3 bluray. Slacked only because amazon has had one of those flash sales on it yet or I missed it (I got season 1 and 2 for 20-23 each).

phaze

Good episode though less action then I expected. Tim/Colt conversation was pure gold.

There was one thing I didn't get, how exactly did Theo's guy "snitched" Johny ? I don't think he said anything that gave him out.

kirblar

Good episode though less action then I expected. Tim/Colt conversation was pure gold.

There was one thing I didn't get, how exactly did Theo's guy "snitched" Johny ? I don't think he said anything that gave him out.
Because of his reaction to Johnny speaking up against him.

I need to go buy season 3 bluray. Slacked only because amazon has had one of those flash sales on it yet or I missed it (I got season 1 and 2 for 20-23 each).

It's a worthy purch'. It stands better on its own than sitting with S2 expectation's on its shoulders, as it did for me when it first aired.

And J is a great show for the format. Just beautiful.

smr00

Banned
"For all I know I'm having a full blown PTSD episode."
"You get those a lot?"
"Only when I'm handling firearms in public"

I love how Tim always has these funny deadpan lines that have a very dark undertone.

Also, AV Club makes a good point, Tim was being a major dick in that whole conversation with Colt, even when he wasn't being too obvious. Lt. Dan is a major fuck-up in Forrest Gump. Missed that first viewing haha.

It's crazy that Season 3 has been saying at $30+

I remember buying S1 and S2 both day of release for like $22.99 at bestbuy and S1/S2 go on sale all the time for $15-20 but S3 has just been stuck at $30-40. Im sure it's had sales, i bought it day 1 for MSRP :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom