• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

DSP is experimenting with some augmented reality for Rainbow Blaxx:

DSP said:
Download the Circus AR application in App Store or Google play.
And then scan this picture with the App.
You can discover who she is.

FKseh2r.png

_________

Krystal's photoshoot in London:

Pendulum

I've been really sick lately and just haven't finished it.

I, for one, am happy to wait if you are wanting to finish it. Was just wondering on its status. Hope you get better soon.

Jaekyung said:

----

Edit:

Talking 'bout this?

Also for you:

Edit 2:
Ah crap. One of my go-to-guys for music show uploads (껑뚜) has had the account banned on YouTube. KBS found him.

dokish

Banned
·feist·;95980126 said:
Revisiting an outsider's perspective.

VICE: Seoul Fashion Week - K-Pop to Double Eyelid Surgery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wWKjxxM6q8

Gonna watch later to approve the accuracy. Lately people are really overreacting to everything in Korea, making it seem so shocking, when it's so normal. OMFG PLASTIC SURGERY, OMG THIS AND THAT, meanwhile we have tons of scarier shit (GUNSGUNSGUNS) happening in the US, politicians doing shit and etc.

Funny how I laughed yesterday watching "My Love From Stars". One reporter in the drama said something: It doesn't matter what's the truth, we give what people wanna see. They just wanna focus on someone's life to not focus on their own.

South Korea is not some weirdo country full of plastic surgery freaks. Please move on people.

EDIT: Plus, like they said, beauty is in the eyes of he beholder. We, westerners, are the ones who have a problem, since we see plastic surgery was the name suggests, plastic, fake, inauthentic, dubious ethics, etc.

We, westerners, are the ones who have a problem, since we see plastic surgery was the name suggests, plastic, fake, inauthentic, dubious ethics, etc.

citizen_cane.gif

I never understood either why somebody would go through it until I met a pretty girl who got a boob job and openly talked about it. It was pretty interesting listening to her talk about it... the gist of it was that she felt so much better about herself despite the fact that they're fake or whatever, and to her that's all that mattered. She felt better about herself, so why should other people give a shit about the fact that she has fake boobs?

Crazy thing is, she's absolutely right. Some of us practically live in the gym, buy expensive clothes, cars, or whatever, all in the name of feeling good about themselves, so why should something like plastic surgery be an issue to other people? It doesn't make sense why another person should care if you've got a boob job or a facelft.

Honestly, I've switched my stance on plastic surgery after she talked about it. It made sense and I finally understood why somebody would go through it. Find a girl who's willing to talk about it and try and understand their position... you're gonna come out of there a different man lol.

giri

I never understood either why somebody would go through it until I met a pretty girl who got a boob job and openly talked about it. It was pretty interesting listening to her talk about it... the gist of it was that she felt so much better about herself despite the fact that they're fake or whatever, and to her that's all that mattered. She felt better about herself, so why should other people give a shit about the fact that she has fake boobs?

Crazy thing is, she's absolutely right. Some of us practically live in the gym, buy expensive clothes, cars, or whatever, all in the name of feeling good about themselves, so why should something like plastic surgery be an issue to other people? It doesn't make sense why another person should care if you've got a boob job or a facelft.

Honestly, I've switched my stance on plastic surgery after she talked about it. It made sense and I finally understood why somebody would go through it. Find a girl who's willing to talk about it and try and understand their position... you're gonna come out of there a different man lol.

It's an incredibly complex issue that has many double standards and in 90% of cases, based purely on personal beliefs on the issue.

Some of it changes though when you realize, technically, in most cases, people who get braces to "fix their teeth" are essentially getting plastic surgery. For most of those people, they could have lived their lives with their teeth the way they were.

It's more a case of what seems shocking in one culture, just isn't in others. To most western countries, getting bracers is very common place. In SK, getting double eye lid surgery is common place.

llehuty

·feist·;95980126 said:
Revisiting an outsider's perspective.

VICE: Seoul Fashion Week - K-Pop to Double Eyelid Surgery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wWKjxxM6q8

Vey interesting. It has some intersting points and some curious stories (those nose surgery shots can go to hell though). Your posts are always great (both links and pics)
Talking 'bout this?
Also for you: [Sungah selca]

So damn good. that ass shake HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG
Jihyo noona yeppueda.

Woah, miss mong so pretty, i thought yesterday about doing a megapost. She is so daaaaamn good,

It's an incredibly complex issue that has many double standards and in 90% of cases, based purely on personal beliefs on the issue.

Agreed. There's times when plastic surgery can get out of hand... good example is that gif from a while back of the participants of some Korean beauty pageant where almost all of them looked like they went to the same plastic surgeon, and on occasions like that, then they definitely deserve the ire from people.

That pic broadwayrock posted, she looked alright either way, so that, I might take issue upon, but at the same time, she probably feels so much better about herself post surgery, so going back to what that girl I met said... who are we to judge?

I think the issue that most men don't understand is that we're always talking about finding a girl that actually has personality instead of a Kim Kardashian clone, but when all is said and done, most men tend to hover around that Kim K clone instead of the girl with a proper personality... going back to double standards lol.

Either way, yeah, it's pretty much a cultural difference and an understanding of the issue. And like a lot of things, once you're educated about it enough, the issue pretty much goes away.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Some of it changes though when you realize, technically, in most cases, people who get braces to "fix their teeth" are essentially getting plastic surgery. For most of those people, they could have lived their lives with their teeth the way they were.
This is what it comes down to for me. A bunch of hypocrites all over the place. We can change ourselves into what we would like, just as we can shape our surroundings and the whole world. Everything about humanity demonstrates this. Everyone does it in some manner, and it is in fact the majority of our efforts in life. It is what makes us human. If someone wants to look a certain way, they can go ahead and do that as far as I am concerned. If a girl wants to be more like a certain body type you often see in magazines and such, that's fine. If she wants to be androgynous like Amber, that's fine.

Of course, there are complexities you can talk about, like social pressure and such that might make a person want to be one thing or the other, but on some level we are also always giving in to this. We make ourselves a certain way for our jobs, most make themselves a certain way to suit their local culture and more easily gain friends. The issue most take up with it is often in the name of feminism and fighting back against patriarchal stereotypes, yet most people tend to submit to heteronormativity in some way whether naturally or a bit begrudgingly in some areas. And all this is just in terms of respect and cooperation; the way your tastes and attractions are influenced is often more beyond yourself to shape.

What I don't like to see is pushback against this influence "forcing" some girls to be a certain way resulting in automatic judgement of all girls who take to it as not being true to themselves, cultural/intellectual sellouts, etc. That goes for plastic surgery as well as just standard girly or sexy styling and behavior. If any advocacy is pushed, it should be for everyone to feel free to be what they choose and not be viewed as lesser but just different, including being utterly heteronormative or sexually expressive if that is their style. And if your particular style doesn't appeal in all ways to the majority, like say, the aforementioned Amber to many guys, I don't see that as a problem so long as she is respected as a person. You could likewise have difficulty finding a partner if you have a passion for taxidermy or whatever other minority thing that might be your style.

2San

It's more a case of what seems shocking in one culture, just isn't in others. To most western countries, getting bracers is very common place. In SK, getting double eye lid surgery is common place.
While I do agree with you. I do think there is something especially sad when a facial feature of an ethnic group is seen as undesirable.

2San

looks so good on kyungri, unffffff
Yeah, it does look pretty nice on some people, on other people I can't even see the difference. There aren't many cases where a girl ends up looking worse after double eye lid surgery.

ev0

I knew a girl who got a botched double eyelid surgery and it started coming apart.

It was so weird looking, but I couldn't stop staring. She got it fixed, and it was fine, but yeesh.

Also amusing (to me anyway). I'm asian born naturally with double eyelids but I've actually had some people (mostly Korean) ask me why I got the surgery. I'm like "uhhhhhhh"

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Also amusing (to me anyway). I'm asian born naturally with double eyelids but I've actually had some people (mostly Korean) ask me why I got the surgery. I'm like "uhhhhhhh"
One time I was at a party talking to some girls from Hong Kong and when I mentioned wanting to go to Korea they were like "why?" because according to them HK is way better and then they randomly started going on about how much prettier HK girls are because they are already pretty the way that Koreans get surgery to attain, pointing to their double eyelids and whatnot.
They were really pretty so I didn't say much either way, but the haughty attitude was off-putting.

ev0

One time I was at a party talking to some girls from Hong Kong and when I mentioned wanting to go to Korea they were like "why?" because according to them HK is way better and then they randomly started going on about how much prettier HK girls are because they are already pretty the way that Koreans get surgery to attain, pointing to their double eyelids and whatnot.
They were really pretty so I didn't say much either way, but the haughty attitude was off-putting.

It's always been kinda dumb how much Asians have to think they're always better than other Asians. In college it was all so clique-y with Asians groups. I thought it was silly, I understood it on a certain level, but still. The lines were even split between FOBs and American born of the same race.

Those girls would probably hate me though, as I'm a Chinese with a weakness for Korean women heh.

Cuddler

Funny how I laughed yesterday watching "My Love From Stars". One reporter in the drama said something: It doesn't matter what's the truth, we give what people wanna see. They just wanna focus on someone's life to not focus on their own.
??? They give people what they want to see but then they are annoyed by people that are interested in how they look??? This phrase doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Korean society just push too much for people to be good looking, the last "Anti-Discrimination" law that the governement proposed last year, it wasn't only for the LGBT community, but it was to stop discrimination about appareance too (And other things too, see article:koreatimes.co.kr - Anti-discrimination law). So, it's something important, that a lot of people aknowledge in Korea, even the government. Anyway, for me, people can do what they want about their body/face, I don't really think people should really care too much about what other people think about how they look/live.

Honey Bunny

I keep trying to post consistently itt again but it never works out, one unread page becomes five becomes ten and things get in the way. I just caught up again and can now post my top ten about twenty pages too late

1. Boa - Call My Name
2. Sori - Dual Life
3. 5Dolls - Soulmate #1
4. After School - Heaven
5. Tren-D - Candy Boy
6. Jaejoong - Paradise
7. BEG - Mystery Survivor
8. After School - Dressing Room
9. Sunmi - 24 Hours
10. Hyori - Better Together
Sneaky top 50 for anyone who cares

Sori had #1 on lock since the first week of the year, only to be pipped to the post by a late entry Boa B-side. Not a bad way to go, for a nugu. And this was kind of a nugu year, with some of my regular favourites disappointing (Shinee, T-ara, 4Minute, SNSD, Girl's Day..) and complete unknowns (to me) taking their place.

Weaker than 2012 by a fair amount, but still full of good songs if you looked hard enough, bye 2013.

ibeLK20SmcMkIX.gif

Sorry for this post but I remember there being a post maybe a week or two ago that was a "best of 2013" post with songs from each month of the year. It was an image with the months on the side. Anyone know what I am talking about? If you do, can you link me that post? Thanks!

Pendulum

Sorry for this post but I remember there being a post maybe a week or two ago that was a "best of 2013" post with songs from each month of the year. It was an image with the months on the side. Anyone know what I am talking about? If you do, can you link me that post? Thanks!

llehuty's post

Edit:
Haven't watched Running Man 179 just yet but
of course Gary got paired with Jaekyung :p

---------

Edit 2:
Most popular girl groups in the military for 2013

According to the GKP&R (Global Korea military Pride & Respect)

1. A Pink 589
2. Girl's Day 496
3. Nine Muses 342
4. Sistar 304
5. missA 238
6. Kara 217
7. Secret 162
8. Ladies' Code 160
9. 4Minute 141
10. f(x) 121
11. SNSD 120
12. Dal Shabet 110
13. 2ne1 98
14. After School 78
15. EXID 66
16. Wa$$up 50

(note: these 16 groups were the only voting choices)

------

Edit 3:
Jia rode an airport cart for a few seconds. Netizens went full netizen.

luso

[Teaser] Dalshabet(달샤벳) _ B.B.B (Big Baby Baby)

The songs seems too much retro for my taste, but damn they look great this time around.

"We must go deeper.. more retro!"

Taeyeon´s Bing Collagen Still Photo 2013 Making of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfX0ZvXLbtA
<3

Is not that the song isn't good but seems there is too much screaming, or isn't' it too much loud? Probably mixing issues?

llehuty's post

Edit 2:
Most popular girl groups in the military for 2013

------

Edit 3:

Good soshi isn't there on top anymore.
Lol Apink.

Probably exaggerated because she's Chinese. But stupid netizens gonna be stupid.

No No Eul

Best new thing in k-pop, the AMRT collective, put out another banger, KittiB - Wake Me Up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2MvLbt4F-s

That's fantastic. So dreamy.

I've been really sick lately and just haven't finished it.

It's all good, giri. No rush.

I'm shocked. Shocked. I mean, someone could have been seriously injured! She should take time off to reflect on her thoughtless actions.

Top Bottom