• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Kabuto

2534A34C530019B927A9EC

*__*

I nearly choked on my water when I first saw this picture hahaha. Sojin's face>

Ym1r

It's only going to be taken the wrong way if you want to take it the wrong way. She stated a series of facts: an accident dominated press coverage; when press coverage is dominated by other events you have to work harder to be noticed.

It's ridiculous to think that anyone with half a brain could be upset by the statement of a series of facts. There is no disrespect presented when all you have done is present a series of facts, despite what people might want there to be. Anyone who thinks otherwise is willfully adding meaning where there is none. If she had said something like "we deserved the attention, not the accident" it would be disrespectful. Did she? No. This sort of shit is the most rampant problem on the entire internet. Instead of applying a modicum of critical thinking in situations like this people just lash out with their emotions without applying any sort of logic. They read between the lines to see shit that is not there. If you simply read what is ACTUALLY stated it's much better.

I challenge anyone here to find a negative thing in her statement that isn't the result of you filling in the blanks between her words with your own ideas. The problem is that most people on the net are more than willing to fill in those blanks with their own bogus ideas.

From a logical stand point you're absolutely correct, but the fact is, a lot of people don't run that way. You have to pick and choose words carefully to avoid offending people, that's all there is to it. Interpretation is all up to a person, just because you understand what you're saying doesn't mean other people are going to.

Imagine yourself saying those exact words Minah did to people, do you really think the majority of them would say you're just listing facts as to why you aren't known as a winner? I don't think they would, I'm pretty sure they would call you a condescending, narcissistic asshole, who thinks the death of somebody has no meaning over your number one win. Of course, that's not what you meant though, right?

If she had left the accident bit out, it would have been a perfectly normal statement. Why even include it is beyond me.

Wouldn't it be a joy if everybody worked with reason though?

vanty

Maybe Running Man's Australian schedule. Rain and Suzy the probable guests.

22 February 2014, Saturday
- Depart from Incheon International Airport to Brisbane Airport

23 February 2014, Sunday
- Arrive Brisbane Airport at 6.30AM (Local Time)
- Arrive Tangalooma Island Resort (Located at Moreton Island) at 8.30AM
- Filming at Gold Coast at 2PM

24 February 2014, Monday
- Filming at Melbourne

26 February 2014, Wednesday
- Depart by taking international flight of domestic routes (Passed through Sydney Airport and back to Korea)

If that gets confirmed I'll might go on the Monday and check it out if I hear of some games-in-front-of-crowd thing (in Fed Square I'd assume since there's room and it has the city's main landmark across the street), but definitely won't just go to the airport and spend hours standing around with a bunch of 14yo girls.

What was wrong with the name Loen?

----------------

I prefer Summi's Full Moon over her debut. 24 hours sounded like a middling Miss A album track that fades into the background after 30 seconds of listening to it, whereas Full Moon sounds like it was tailored for her.

giri

Maybe Running Man's Australian schedule. Rain and Suzy the probable guests.

If that gets confirmed I'll might go on the Monday and check it out if I hear of some games-in-front-of-crowd thing (in Fed Square I'd assume since there's room and it has the city's main landmark across the street), but definitely won't just go to the airport and spend hours standing around with a bunch of 14yo girls.

I'll go the airport at brisbane and cheer for Rain. And ask suzy if she brought Min.

Eldren

Supposedly Soshi's comeback has been delisted from official schedules for the rest of the week. So much for that then. Get your shit together, SM. (Edit: It's no longer on Melon's coming soon page)

Soostagram is already great said:
9d36f81297ea11e3968512f43069d51a_8.jpg

잊지말자. #랑 #레드진매직오일

Sooyoung uploaded loads of photos of her dogs and tagged them like @Mori, @Suri, etc.
BgsAZ3OCEAAWBBO.jpg:large

BgrvXH9CUAEHXBh.jpg:large

Some backstage photos from SMTown's facebook:

I think Macau was the last stop on this "world" (Asia) tour. Hopefully they burn those disgusting pink outfits so nobody has to see them ever again.

neoism

Bgo7bjZIUAEHA22.jpg:large

사랑니에 아파본적있나요 #뤔펌펌펌
[TRANS by ch0sshi] have you ever been in pain because of your wisdom teeth #rumpumpumpum
:(... lol Im 29 and I must had room or just didn't get them lol poor tae.
Bgrh_5yIEAAK29-.jpg:large

#DEAD X_X

140216 MBC FM4U Blue Night w/ Jonghyun

fany's got short hair now. :eek:
Bgl-hnVCAAEgyUg.png

From a logical stand point you're absolutely correct, but the fact is, a lot of people don't run that way. You have to pick and choose words carefully to avoid offending people, that's all there is to it. Interpretation is all up to a person, just because you understand what you're saying doesn't mean other people are going to.

Imagine yourself saying those exact words Minah did to people, do you really think the majority of them would say you're just listing facts as to why you aren't known as a winner? I don't think they would, I'm pretty sure they would call you a condescending, narcissistic asshole, who thinks the death of somebody has no meaning over your number one win. Of course, that's not what you meant though, right?

If she had left the accident bit out, it would have been a perfectly normal statement. Why even include it is beyond me.

Wouldn't it be a joy if everybody worked with reason though?

Honestly, no, I don't think most people would jump to that conclusion in a face to face conversation, because it's unreasonable on the face of it to assume someone would ever be placing their own fame and fortune over a tragic event. I don't think I've ever personally met anyone who literally assumes every word out of another persons mouth is being said in as negative a manner as possible. In fact, I would say that in face to face communication that rarely if EVER happens, most people assume that you have good intentions, not bad ones, especially if you don't have a history of bad intentions and disrespectful speech.

It happens on the internet all of the time though. That's the problem.

Ym1r

Honestly, no, I don't think most people would jump to that conclusion in a face to face conversation, because it's unreasonable on the face of it to assume someone would ever be placing their own fame and fortune over a tragic event. I don't think I've ever personally met anyone who literally assumes every word out of another persons mouth is being said in as negative a manner as possible. In fact, I would say that in face to face communication that rarely if EVER happens, most people assume that you have good intentions, not bad ones, especially if you don't have a history of bad intentions and disrespectful speech.

It happens on the internet all of the time though. That's the problem.

In a face to face conversation, I doubt people would actually say it, but they would think it. The only difference between that and the internet, is the fact you can say what you really feel with very little consequence.

I agree with you, people can be dicks over the internet, but Minah was definitely dumb for saying it like that. It wasn't her intention, but words are translated differently. Think about what you say before you open your mouth, right?

"Because the show got canceled, our number one wasn't seen by people, so we'll try harder next time!" That sounds like you're enthusiastic about performing and trying to win again even though it was unfortunate nobody saw your first win. Much better than "Because of an airplane crash, the show got canceled, and our number one wasn't seen by people. We'll try harder next time. "Which was translated most likely as, an Airplane crash (where people died) canceled the broadcast, and our number one wasn't seen by people. Therefore, the Airplane crash is why our number one wasn't seen."

My uncle works with mentally retarded kids at a K-12 school, and he has to go down to their level for them to understand, he can't expect them to come up to his.

[ENG] Hello Counselor - Girl's Day! (2014.02.17)

[ENG] Showbiz Korea : GOT7, Rainbow Blaxx, SPICA, Kye Bum-zu

Picnic Live - Gain, 피크닉 라이브 소풍 - 가인, #01, 27회 20140213
Picnic Live - Gain, 피크닉 라이브 소풍 - 가인, #02, 27회 20140213
Picnic Live - Gain, 피크닉 라이브 소풍 - 가인, #03, 27회 20140213

I prefer Summi's Full Moon over her debut. 24 hours sounded like a middling Miss A album track that fades into the background after 30 seconds of listening to it, whereas Full Moon sounds like it was tailored for her.
I've said this since release. It's to the point you can clearly hear Min, Suzy and Jia's parts, with Fei being penciled-in somewhere. I disagree with it being middling, though there were points I'd go between loving it, and simply thinking it was okay, so I understand how people have such different reactions to 24 Hours.

As great as Sunmi's promo run was, I'm about certain Min and Jia's vocals and stages would have been in top form on this.

That isn't Tiffany, though.

From one Seung Ah to another.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is it odd that I find this thread somewhat creepy?
Depends on why, but it's probably a misunderstanding either way. People tend to find things outside their own perspectives creepy.

TnK

Depends on why, but it's probably a misunderstanding either way. People tend to find things outside their own perspectives creepy.
I thought I would find more discussions here instead of pics. Then again I guess this is normal, since my sister is a fan of KPop and all. The question is now, are most fans here guys or girls? Also, are KPop fans similar to JP idol girl group fans?
Your avatar is creepy

Thanks =D

luso

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu SM!
Delay means less promotion time. A miserable 5-week as with IAGB and then gone to Japan!?
Better have a second promotion cycle this year!
&%"$#&%$"#$&

At least bless TY for selcas.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I thought I would find more discussions here instead of pics. Then again I guess this is normal, since my sister is a fan of KPop and all. The question is now, are most fans here guys or girls? Also, are KPop fans similar to JP idol girl group fans?
Thanks =D
You'll see more discussion around times right after new releases since most of us have already heard and discussed stuff that has been out a while. When we do discuss older things our tastes tend to vary greatly and we get into arguments about things being trash or not, haha. When SNSD's new song comes out we'll probably be bitching with each other about it for a couple months.

As for the eye candy side, well that is a part of the entertainment. The arts in general explore all within humanity that mundane life and usual social barriers would stifle, and that goes for the deeper and meaningful sides of humanity as well as the more shallow. I really don't see any problem with admiring pretty faces as one does pretty voices, or admiring expression of sexuality as one would admire expression of independence. Many times these things can cross over each other as the most suitable thing for a particular culture, depending on how they do it, or if they aren't a challenge to culture they are nevertheless a valid expression of trends culture is taking on.

The bottom line from my perspective is that in the arts we use the creativity and talents of many people altogether to make things into what we envision, to say what we can't normally say, and to celebrate what makes us what we are, if only but for a few minutes in a performance. It is inherently embracing life, yet even that embrace is subject to the moderation that the art itself is breaking out from. So while everyone here may have found different music that they personally connect with more, that connection is not universally shared among all people here, so the most universally shared appreciations will be the ones people are more outspoken about, and that tends to swing more wide and shallow, to the visuals and public personality charms.

Do we have girls here? Yeah, and they stan their boy groups, though plenty of us guys have a few guy groups and male soloists we like. I used to like Beast, Shinee, and 2PM the most but feel they have all downgraded their music quality as of late, so now I mostly like BTS and Big Bang. I like many more male soloists, like Sung Si Kyung (full stan), Zion.T (full stan), K.Will, Bumkey, Rain (mostly his charisma), JYP, Bobby Kim, and Roy Kim. Also a bunch of solo rappers and rap duos.

Are fans the same as jpop fans? That question is extremely loaded. Which jpop fans? That's a huge spectrum, and kpop probably has the same spectrum but if you are only talking about specific margins I can't say without knowing that. As for the people here, I feel like we have become interested in the task that kpop producers have. We all not only have our personal preferences, but like to critique concepts and how well they pulled off what they were going for, and what kind of purpose they will serve to the kpop scene, then we also discuss how things are received by the public and what indications of the future of kpop we can find in that.

roaSone

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu SM!
Delay means less promotion time. A miserable 5-week as with IAGB and then gone to Japan!?
Better have a second promotion cycle this year!
&%"$#&%$"#$&

At least bless TY for selcas.
The 3rd Japan Tour starts on the 26th of April, we can expect a month and a half of promotion at least.
And since it's a mini album, I think it wouldn't be too much to expect another one, or, at least a repackage later during the year.

RubyFaith

Tablo's son, Haru, is a GD fanboy and he lost it when they went to go meet him at a Big Bang concert. What was funnier was Daesung's failed attempts at trying to entertain him and Haru didn't care.

tumblr_n14c3iV9861qj57cxo2_250.gif
tumblr_n14c3iV9861qj57cxo3_250.gif

tumblr_n14c3iV9861qj57cxo4_250.gif
tumblr_n14c3iV9861qj57cxo5_250.gif

tumblr_n14c3iV9861qj57cxo6_250.gif
tumblr_n14c3iV9861qj57cxo1_250.gif

Lol I love how SM announces the move on the day it was supposed to come out. Not a day before it haha.

Jihyun's pretty, too bad the rest of Hyuna and the 4Minutes overshadow her.

Top Bottom