• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Niks

The whole album leaked?
rrghf0b.gif

See, SM this is what happens when you act like an asshole.
karma bitch.

Sevarus

Just listened. From the teasers, I was expecting something darker and heavier. The verses hint at the sound I wanted, but the chorus/overall feel of the song is bright and happy. The lyrics are also atrocious, but I guess that's to be expected.

Ready for an official release, though.

Niks

Wow, it actually doesn't sound terrible. And more than that, there seems to be a cohesive style across multiple songs. Has a bit of that electro funk from their first JP album.

wow dice has positive comme..

Overall feels very tame/sterilized/mainstreamed. I'll stick with f(x) for my SM kthxbye.

oh.

Just had a couple of listens.
Mr. Mr. is solid, nothing revolutionary but it holds well. Nice breaks, and should be really really good live. Cant wait for the MV.

JustinBB7

Listening to the album now (thanks Eldren!), liking what I'm hearing so far. Mr.Mr is pretty fun. Goodbye is alright too. Video will make Mr.Mr even better. Is that still in limbo thanks to suddenly missing footage?

Pendulum

I don't have itunes and that other linked is deleted :(

It can be found on YouTube (currently).

I'm finding Mr Mr an average song. Certainly doesn't stand out. I don't rate IGAB as highly as some people here, but I definitely prefer it over Mr Mr. Disappointed. Soul is probably the only song on the album I'd seek out to listen to again.

This is what happens when people don't realize the greatness of IGAB.

Now we get something that sounds alright and almost cookie cutter.

Thank you haters for ruining for the rest of us.

That said, I do like it. Just don't like how it's very grounded and almost cookie cutter.

Remember when Canada won gold in men and women's hockey? Good times.

As an American...

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit.

Just ran through the whole EP.

Europa -> Soul -> Goodbye -> Back Hug -> Mr.Mr. -> Wait A Minute

Europa is fncking great, best song on the mini. It's a lot like Great Escape from the JP Album which was also the best track. It's another one of those songs that should've been the single. The production is simple, but man it's catchy as hell. It just hits all the right notes, and the progression is perfectly executed. It's just so damn enjoyable to listen to.

I like Mr.Mr. but eh... it started off great but then falls flat on the chorus. What I do like is how it doesn't go the sexy route that everyone's attempted to do this year. Also that key change works really well, but it takes a really long time to get there... at that point you've probably skipped the track.

Overall, I do like that this mini is more similar to the JP releases but I feel that it's a very safe release. Nothing game changing, just pretty much a release meant to satisfy all fans.

The sad thing is, people will eat this up and consider IGAB as a mistake. I'm just hoping that the future releases won't be in the safe and almost cookie cutter category.

No No Eul

Pleasantly surprised to see Soshi featured in Sochi's closing ceremony, even if it was just a half second clip.
I wonder if they'll still be going strong in four years time.

neoism

The whole album leaked?
rrghf0b.gif

See, SM this is what happens when you act like an asshole.
karma bitch.

lol sm am fail
MRMR is pretty good, but IGAB was GOD tier...
and as I thought not sure why but its like this with every song I hear first...... Soul is ok in Korean but was made for Chinese I really dislike the way Chinese sounds too, but soul in Korean just doesn't sound right.. :( same with Gee and those other classics if I hear them in Korean first I dislike the Japanese versions

lol Europa is the best song

tumblr_n1g03wiml51rvz27lo1_500.jpg

dat price :p

good thang I'm still listening to their awesome 3rd Japanese album

luso

Fuck SM.

Either incompetence or is... sabotage! First the MV and now iTunes release before time?

They just did not get this release right.

I still didn't listened to the songs, I think I can wait some more time.

Fafnir

Someone's getting fired at SM, actually multiple people should be getting fired. The leak shouldn't hurt sales as SONEs will buy it regardless and pirates will pirate.

Holy shit is MrMr seriously the title song? This song is so forgettable, it's like a filler song that got cut from one of the JP albums. Only the MV and music show performances can salvage this.

Broank

hmm finally found some links and this shit is pretty good first listen. You guys scared me with the bland talk. lol Not nearly as godly or bangin as the last Japanese album but it kinda reminds me of old school soshi.

MrMr isn't a world beater (the dance, styling and video can raise it up) but the others got some good production, actual real instruments/strings and ethereal feel like the first Korean album. Goodbye, Wait A Minute and Back Hug I'm talking about are super nice. Europa is like the obligatory Kenzie/Signal/Express 999 like people said, it's pretty decent. It would be nice to have more than 5 freaking songs after 14 months though. :/

But SM fucked up big time, people are gonna pirate that shit for a couple weeks if they are coming back in March.

'You Don't Love Me' is so well suited to Jiwon's vocals with the 1950s/1960s musical vibe, she may be the best sounding member on the song.

'Full Moon' truly works and I can't figure out why. Sunmi continues to have good performances, which while being overtly sexual, manage to avoid devolving into some of the naff "sexy" concepts of late. For some reason she reminds me of Ha Ji Won from certain angels, though the two look nothing alike.

Still, as much as I'm enjoying Sunmi's comebacks, they're a reminder of Wonder Girls' odd, near-implosion like limbo. At this point, it's difficult to tell if it's more management, or more Sunye.

130408 MBC 다큐스페셜 K POP의 숨겨진 비밀 4minute Cut

[MR Removed] Sunmi (선미) - Full Moon (보름달)
[MR Removed] Sunmi (선미) - Full Moon (보름달) (2)
[MR Removed] Sunmi (선미) - Full Moon (보름달) (3)

Somehow MOA landed a performance at Inkigayo, and decided to sing live: It was bad
Trying to decide if this is equal to, or worse than, Gangkiz' finest stages.

The whistle from Gangkiz mama is from
Another song and I can't remember what. It annoys me I cannot remember which one though.
It's been some time, but it was either Trouble Maker's debut*, or some Western song, IIRC.

*they seem to be going for a very similar catchiness, at least

Kabuto

The part that was in the teaser was the best part of Mr.Mr. The entire song is cool and I think I like it more than IGAB but I don't know if that's just because IGAB was the only thing Korean Soshi released last year or not.

edit:
금일 오후 5시, 소녀시대 새 앨범 'Mr.Mr.'의 전 곡 음원이 공개 될 예정입니다! 조금만 더 기다려 주세요!

소녀시대(Girls' Generation)'s new album, ‘Mr.Mr.’ will be released at 5 pm (KST) today. Stay tuned!

[from FACEBOOK GIRLS' GENERATION STAFF]

1599210_748424758510825_33290993_o.jpg

The part that was in the teaser was the best part of Mr.Mr. The entire song is cool and I think I like it more than IGAB but I don't know if that's just because IGAB was the only thing Korean Soshi released last year or not.

edit:

1599210_748424758510825_33290993_o.jpg

SNSD "Mr.mr" Schedule:
Feb.24- Digital Release
Feb.27- Album Release
Mar.6- MCD Comeback Stage

I hope SM releases the MV today with the digital release of the album, it´s the only promotion they will have during this week until the comeback stages.

dokish

Banned
What are you talking about. That soshi album cover is amazing. Very original and different.

Judging by the comments here, will listen the song for the first time when the mv comes along.

Peru

Well the two good songs on the MR MR EP are Europa and Mr Mr. Rest is shite. Mr Mr isn't bad. It feels a bit labored but it works. No IGAB but certainly better than the Hoots and most JP singles.

luso

So after leaking SM decided to release it. Probably best thing to do.

Mr Mr is already ok within first listening, get's even better with more replays. Doesn't have the IGAB shock value to say WTF.
After IGAB it would likely to feel bland but Mr Mr objective was for sure to be more consensually and with more broad appeal.

And how many times listening to a music with along the MV can change a song first perception? Don't forget this. This time we got the song without the MV, or at least little time between them, unlikely most of releases nowadays. And the comeback is still 2 weeks from now, it's better they release it enough days before.
The mini is pretty consistent sound wise, not a mix of here and there but actually has some "personality". Maybe because it's a mini.

Cover seems strange because not too much photoshop, the shown arms and hands looks like not "treated", that's why it looks strange.

tumblr_n1hslosxh21qelqsho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1hslosxh21qelqsho2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1hsl41IsH1qelqsho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1hsl41IsH1qelqsho2_1280.jpg

Top Bottom