• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

Some new pics too I believe
1bw8kA3.jpg
joETpeB.jpg
8DoSf5X.jpg

That freeze in the video
diUebpN.jpg

Officially a college graduate!

io5KUIeLuqLRo.gif

Debating whether I should go to Houston and celebrate. Not much of a partier.

Why Houston? Come up to Dallas, it's better over here than that hot humid mess called Houston haha. Oh and congrats!

Speaking of graduation, it's officially summer break.
I demand a Fany spam if y'all don't mind.
That means I can get back to writing K-Pop GAF's favorite fanfic. Unfortunately the two main characters have been banned so idk if they're gonna be able to read it anymore, but for those of you still safe from the banhammer... please be excited!

Thanks! I live like 30 min from downtown Houston. I could also do Galveston, but they get too turnt down there.

Ah no wonder. I've been to Houston but only around Reliant Stadium for this epic Filipino fastfood restaurant called Jollibee, it's the first one to be built outside of Cali and the NY/NJ area so we made the trip haha.

One of these days though, I'll try to hit up NASA and Galveston as well. And I'd try to party with UH but they hate our guts so maybe not lol.

for jongkookie:

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

ryan-ts

RM 192-194 was a lot better than the Australia trilogy. 3 episodes in a row made pretty good build up for the ending of 194.

195 looks like one of the more interesting concepts the staff has come up with. The entire episode will be MC'd by Yoo Jae Suk, can't wait to see how it turns out.

llehuty

Missed a lot of things this week. I think the highlights of the week were based flying petals, based Sera and based Bestie on weekly idol.

[MV] JUNGGIGO(정기고) _ Want U(너를 원해) (Feat. Beenzino(빈지노))

Not bad.

Right now this group has my attention and the 2014 rookie award.

IU coming to slay the charts starting the 16th.

RIP Hyosung/Jiyeon/Hyomin/Gna/Min/Whoever

Welp, we should start giving predictions for #2 then.

vanty

Hyosung's song is pretty good. More importantly she looks amazing.

RM 192-194 was a lot better than the Australia trilogy. 3 episodes in a row made pretty good build up for the ending of 194.

192 was good but the two mafia episodes that followed were pretty crap especially 194. That civilian vs mafia game makes no sense, how can you pick them out when they don't have to do anything at all? It's just a total guess unlike when the have spies who have tasks to secretly complete that mean the other guys can maybe catch them out.

Hyosung's song recycles the Hush Little Baby melody and adds some trap. Nice production though.

G.na's song has her first half decent chorus since 'Black and White', but the production/concept doesn't suit her.

Jiyeon's teaser sounds a bit Aloneish (Duble Sidekick's third female solo release at the moment)

Pendulum

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hyosung thoughts:
여자를 몰라 (Feat. 제이켠): Very funky minimalist cool. Reminds me of older kpop, just before it blew up real big, which is nice. It's a style that takes confidence and refinement to pull off.

Good-night Kiss: Alright, but kind of feels like a second-rate "Double Up" (one of the best songs 2012), which they did for Two X. Between that, this, and "Countryside Life" we're starting to get some crossover vibes like with Brave Brothers' evolution of "Alone." I don't mind that sort of thing, but I do look for a song to fully work on its own. This seems a bit messy with how the sounds layer in like Bestie's "Pitapat" and feels a bit lacking with the drive it seems to want to have, which "Double Up" and "Countryside Life" both managed to drive and build up much better. The latter was messy with some strange stops and interjections, like this, yet still pulled it off, which this doesn't so well. Still, it is likely to come back to the mind as a tune, so it's not all bad.

밤이 싫어요: Back to a strong funky sound that Secret is better known for, and it is pulled off much better. Were these also Duble Sidekick, or should TS really be trusting their in-house composers a lot more? I like the sounds they use, managing to make something big, heavy and championing without aping Beyonce, which kpop has enjoyed doing a bit too much. Dat intro music is sooo good, and the whole song is so well suited to Hyosung's personal style. It also satisfies without overstaying its welcome. A great routine could be built out of this.

Pendulum

Thanks for making me check out the mini, Dice. 밤이 싫어요 is definitely my pick of the 3.

Edit:
So, the reason for altering the MV is because she's kneeling in water?

You know how some people can be. It'll be made a talking point. That being said, I remember more water in a previous video, I think. Not Gary-in-a-tank level, but a waterfall/falling water if I remember correctly.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
G.na forever being outshined by her backup dancers because she gets some of the hottest ones in the biz. Looks like she has some of the girls who promoted with Huh Gak now.

HOLD UP LMAO THE DUDE SMELLED HER UNDERWEAR

edit: watched the hyosung mv instead of just listening to the song and oh laaaaaaawwwwwwwddddd

Loci

You know how some people can be. It'll be made a talking point. That being said, I remember more water in a previous video, I think. Not Gary-in-a-tank level, but a waterfall/falling water if I remember correctly.
Yeah, I see what you mean. Considering how they're getting bashed for the slightest mistake they make, maybe it's better this way.
Still, it's only some water.
2014417183324ok0degg_T5_76339.jpg

Top Bottom