• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

Hara
BtzPOJ3CAAEujDV.jpg:large

BtzPBWFCcAAk-oD.jpg:large

New Red Velvet pics? I think so.

포엘(Four Ladies_4L) - Move(무브)MV_Teaser (Team Dance Version)

Welp, if you though of seeing this in music shows... well, think again.

Stellar who?

Welp, color me officially intrigued.
I'm really here for the trainwreck though...

Yeeun's album is super solid ! Strong candidate for AOTY.

I kinda disagree, Ain't Nobody, Bond and Wherever Together are the ones that really struck out to me. That said, I do agree that it's solid.

Pendulum

We need tags for the new SM group. With the names.

In the current batch of teaser pics over the last week, going by their hair tips and placed in age order:

Irene - Pink
Seulgi - Orange
Wendy - Blue
Joy - Green

If people thought telling them apart now was hard, wait until those tips are gone. Seulgi and Joy are pretty easy, but I think Irene and Wendy will give some people early-SNSD Yuri/Seohyun issues.

Also, their debut "Happiness" has been described as:
tumblr_n9j544G76s1twr994o1_500.jpg

IGAB and Red Light just flashed into my mind.

ramyeon

Gonna echo the statements that Yeeun's new song and MV are brilliant. The MV really compliments the song imo. Kind of sad to see some of you saying you don't like the dance, because I feel like it adds so much power and emotion to the video. It's not supposed to be hot, and it's not like a regular kpop dance. Very modern/interpretive dance that broadcasts her emotions throughout the video, it's fantastic.

ramyeon

포엘(Four Ladies_4L) - Move(무브)MV_Teaser (Team Dance Version)

Welp, if you though of seeing this in music shows... well, think again.

Stellar who?
This was the group with the teaser of the girls making out, right? So much for a group that would be empowering for the Korean LGBT community. This looks and feels exploitive as fuck. It doesn't even look good, you can be sexy without grabbing your crotch and writhing around on the floor. Subtlety really isn't a strong point of these choreographers and directors, is it?

ramyeon

Yeeun releases one of the best minis in Kpop for a long time, and it's totally under performing. So depressing. I hope it's just a slow burner and gains momentum in the coming days. K netizens know what's up, at least!

1. [+153, -24] I think it's the best idol song I've heard in a few years ㅎㅎ Surprising to see that even an idol is capable of coming up with a song and music video of this quality. I think I'll become a fan. It certainly puts her in a new light.

2. [+141, -20] She composed and wrote everything and the song is greater than any other idol song

5. [+24, -3] There's really not one song to throw out in her album... She's really blossomed into an artist from a girl group.

6. [+23, -2] Please listen to it ㅜㅜ The quality's absolutely amazing, it sounds like a pop song with Korean lyrics ㅜㅜ

7. [+22, -5] Who else besides Yeeun among twenty something female idols can sing and compose as well as Yeeun?

8. [+20, -6] I'd say it's the best idol song that's come out in a while

9. [+20, -3] Saw it in the Melon rankings and listened to it without knowing what it was... but it's great... It doesn't match the summer weather but it makes me feel so emotional listening to it late at night like this.

10. [+18, -4] The quality of the album isn't even worth comparing to other idols

2. [+2,834, -211] It's artistic. She fits the title of musician.

3. [+2,699, -148] About time we got an idol musician with brains

4. [+2,527, -126] The song's good ㅠㅠ Especially considering she wrote and composed it all herself

5. [+535, -33] I really hope she gets recognized as a musician

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.ca/2014/07/hatfelt-releases-solo-music-video.html
I kinda disagree, Ain't Nobody, Bond and Wherever Together are the ones that really struck out to me. That said, I do agree that it's solid.
imo I agree with one of the Korean netizen comments above, there isn't a song on the album that stands out as a weak link or that I'd take out. They're all great. Iron Girl is such a great opener, and the momentum just continues throughout. 다운 (Nothing Lasts Forever) is so powerful in its minimalism, it left me with chills. If I had to choose my least liked song it'd be Peter Pan, but it's still a great track in its own right.

Listening to Wonder Girls stuff in anticipation of Yeeun's debut release tonight. On its release I said that Wonder World was probably the most consistent and quality Kpop idol album I'd heard in years, and I feel like I can still stand by that statement. It's so good.
Feel as though I've said this about a dozen times since its release and have always been met with a chorus of crickets.

In my mind, the album serves as Wonder Girls' swan song.

204EB84950758B60272341

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hot + Heartfelt

It seems she didn't want it to be HOTFELT for some reason, but HO:TFELT would be pronounced differently, so she changed it to an A, which also matches a direct transliteration from 핫.펠트 better, though HOT:FELT would be even better, except felt is the english word for a material, so maybe it doesn't work. Overall it doesn't make any sense.

ramyeon

Hot + Heartfelt

It seems she didn't want it to be HOTFELT for some reason, but HO:FELT would be pronounced differently, so she changed it to an A, which also matches a direct transliteration from 핫.펠트 better. Overall it doesn't make any sense.
Nah, it started as Heartfelt but they felt it was too feminine or something. So JYP suggested using the phonetic transcription. The American phonetic transcription is Ha:rtfelt and British is Ha:tfelt, in America Hot is transcribed as Ha:t so that's where the Hot thing comes from, the Hot+Heartfelt was an after thought. Has nothing to do with the Hangul either. These are phonetic transcriptions that are in English dictionaries next to the word.

Eg: (From the Collins English Dictionary)

heartfelt (ˈhɑːtˌfɛlt)

Dice

Nah, it started as Heartfelt but they felt it was too feminine or something. So JYP suggested using the phonetic transcription. The American phonetic transcription is Ha:rtfelt and British is Ha:tfelt, in America Hot is transcribed as Ha:t so that's where the Hot thing comes from, the Hot+Heartfelt was an after thought.
so basically

ihic2ntBhcdxq.gif

imo I agree with one of the Korean netizen comments above, there isn't a song on the album that stands out as a weak link or that I'd take out. They're all great.

Nah I actually agree too. Personal preference pretty much, but the other tracks just aren't standouts to my ears at least.

But I really do agree, the entire album is solid.

It's amazing how even in the summer Korean women still manage to smell amazing. They should be on Animal Planet.

QPgjRG5.gif

Selane

Pledis & Fantagio have both terminated the Hello Venus Project thus leaving Hello Venus with the Fantagio members Alice, Nara, Lime & Yooyoung. Hello Venus will now continue as a 4 member group under Tri-Cell Media. Ara & Yoonjo will remain in Pledis and will continue activities as actresses/solo singers.

Is nothing in kpop sacred any more? :( Guess that explains why they haven't promoted in over a year.

Some year it's been so far, toss Hello Venus onto the shitheap alongside Kara, Nine Muses, and f(x) I guess.

luso

Is nothing in kpop sacred any more? :( Guess that explains why they haven't promoted in over a year.

Some year it's been so far, toss Hello Venus onto the shitheap alongside Kara, Nine Muses, and f(x) I guess.

And there's still half year left.

No No Eul

Ye Eun's single is so damn good. I love the MV too.

HA:TFELT (Ye Eun): “I Had a War with JYP Over the Production of My Album”

Glad to see she got her way for the most part.

If people thought telling them apart now was hard, wait until those tips are gone. Seulgi and Joy are pretty easy, but I think Irene and Wendy will give some people early-SNSD Yuri/Seohyun issues.

It's Seulgi and Irene that I really struggle with.

Talking of Ledeu Belbes, they've resolved the dispute with that indie band over the group's name.

In a later report by Star News, it was revealed that band member Ha Hee Soo met with a representative from SM Entertainment and agreed on just promoting with the same name. Ha Hee Soo said, “We agreed to not bring up issues related to the use of the name ‘Red Velvet’ again.”

I'd love to know what was said in that meeting.

Pledis & Fantagio have both terminated the Hello Venus Project thus leaving Hello Venus with the Fantagio members Alice, Nara, Lime & Yooyoung. Hello Venus will now continue as a 4 member group under Tri-Cell Media. Ara & Yoonjo will remain in Pledis and will continue activities as actresses/solo singers.

Well that's just great.

I'd assumed HV was a regular Pledis group like After School. I hadn't realised it was some kind of collaborative effort. I wonder if the remaining four really will continue on.

Haeryung + Hyeyeon said:

Dice

Some rise, some fall.

For every AOA, there is a Hello Venus.

But that doesn't mean the heart so easily accepts it...

iczm8XwVfZqaQ.gif

ihgY79VS6QChb.gif

Top Bottom