• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

giri

And I kinda wanna care about this but eh. Sulli's pretty and all but f(x) can live without her. She serves as the pretty face of f(x), similar to Yoong tbh. Let her do acting, let her date a guy who's 14 years older than her, let her do whatever. Just don't kill f(x), lord knows our lives would be infinitely better if Krystal is on TV.
More Jungcest pls.

Wait, yoona is meant to be the pretty face? i thought she was the "stars as the main lead in flop dramas cause her acting is terrible" face.

luso

New kara song is trash.

No Nicole, huh?

I really like how Dispatch or the translator wrote the article in a very compelling way... well, at least it tried. I felt like I was reading an excellent fanfic with the specific word choices lol.

And I kinda wanna care about this but eh. Sulli's pretty and all but f(x) can live without her. She serves as the pretty face of f(x), similar to Yoong tbh. Let her do acting, let her date a guy who's 14 years older than her, let her do whatever. Just don't kill f(x), lord knows our lives would be infinitely better if Krystal is on TV.
More Jungcest pls.

Dispatch receiving tips as usual. SM is the target, where are other idols? lol, maybe they are just irrelevant or they don't want to get them. They surely put some sugar on their story.
Anyway, JungLi had great times together, were great to see on varieties. Maybe means more Krystal as consolation, if f(x^4) survives long enough. But maybe this is a hiatus until a year from now...

Yoona dating
Sooyoung dating
Tiffany dating
SNSD MV data lost
SNSD's comeback delays
Mr. Mr. at iTunes released too earlier
Hyoyeon "fight"
Kris leaves EXO
SM tax evasion
Taeyeon and other guy
Choiza lost wallet
Sextube on SM rookies
Sulli hiatus
f(x) ends promotions abruptly
Red Velvet MV controversy

I'm sure I'm forgetting something more for 2014. What's missing?

Sulli leaves f(x) (?)

tumblr_najng0tiMD1rp2chco1_1280.jpg

Eldren

If there was a problem that got so bad Sulli had to demand to leave then that's pretty sad. Hopefully they're all ok. I wonder if they'll promote as 4 members. Exo are doing alright without Kris.

Anyway, prepare yourselves: Stellar are about to drop the jam of the summer

스라 (Stella) - Mask (Teaser)

Queen Jeonyul looking the best as usual but she gets the smallest teaser pic, what an injustice

Pendulum

I always assumed the Sulli on "hiatus" thing was the immediate public excuse for Sulli was indeed leaving.

SM promptly ending all Red Light promotions doesn't give me much confidence that they'll do right by f(x).

I always assumed the Sulli on "hiatus" thing was the immediate public excuse for Sulli was indeed leaving.

SM promptly ending all Red Light promotions doesn't give me much confidence that they'll do right by f(x).

I really hope she leaves, the group does'nt need her.

Sulli leaves f(x) (?)

Great recap, i was saying that last night in the irc, what a year for SM. You could add what happened to Leuteuk too as a news related to SM idols.

PP71Y0Q.gif

dokish

Banned
The drama 'Mama' is pretty decent. Better than the shitty ones with K Pop idols. Cheesy at moments but can't expect too much from Koreans. At least is entertaining.

How can she be 38? Damn I would be all over that.

2915_L_1340787286.jpg
20120716223804287.jpg
226448_44975_3815.jpg
img_192605_1.jpg

Translation for the Sulli thing on one page.

Personally I have no fucks to give concerning this.

At least it's only Sulli, and not Krystal, Victoria or Luna. Still would suck though.

Leetuks father, was he the guy going on anti-gay tirades? Or am I confusing him for someone elses father?

She has a nice ass, thighs and hips. I'm her fan. Youngji fighting!

llehuty

luso, you have to rehost topstar pics if you want them to appear in the thread.

Also, while i agree the youngji is hot, she is also not very talented. She could be a great backup dancer.

Pendulum

Running Man 209 - Old idols are the best. Years of variety under their belt, but also don't have to worry about fans/netizens and can just fool around and be themselves.

Wait, yoona is meant to be the pretty face? i thought she was the "stars as the main lead in flop dramas cause her acting is terrible" face.

Uh, what else is her role in SNSD?

Girl can't sing nor can she dance well. To be fair, both her and Syoung are pretty much the expendable members of the group. SNSD would neither be better or worse today if they never joined the group.

Yes, even Hyoyeon has an actual purpose in the group.

If there was a problem that got so bad Sulli had to demand to leave then that's pretty sad.

This is where SM fails fantastically hard... their PR management sucks donkey balls. While I do perfectly understand why the real story shouldn't be released, it's gotten to the point that nobody trusts anything that they say. No matter how positive a PR statement is, people have gotten cynical enough to know that they're not telling the entire story... that's if they really are telling the true story.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to find out that SM and MS share the same PR company. Both use tactics to obfuscate the true facts, and none of their people know really what the hell is going with the company as we've seen with the Sulli scandal and the Rise Tomb Raider exclusivity deal. Hell is it even a coincidence that both share the same initials?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I listened to the Kara mini. Pretty good stuff. Youngji can't sing very well. Really surprised at the complete lack of Engrish raps, yet grateful after them reaching an all-time cringing-bad level in Full Bloom.
In the Game *shudder*

Aside from the members leaving and Youngji being there now and all the inevitable falloff, their sound seems stuck in the past. The funky kpop style of Mamma Mia still works okay, but only because other groups have been doing it in fresher ways. Overall kpop is evolving and incorporating more, and the scene is just leaving behind this old Kara sound. I mean I can enjoy it just fine, but it isn't keeping with the times and that's another sign of them, and really DSP altogether, fading out of the picture. They need to reboot their whole music division.

Top Bottom