• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

1381405909_586265.jpg

isuzu

Didn't XOXO sell like 700k copies this year or something like that? I don't know if that's just physical copies or if it includes digital as well, but still, damn. Get that money, boys.

Yep, only physical copies. It really is insane, but not THAT much when you take into account the number of Suju fans (and the number of versions, lol) that jumped ship because of Exo.

They aren't getting that much money yet, though. First they need to get into varieties so they can get CFs, and more albums so they can go on tour. I'd say SM is milking them right, but Exo, as of now, is more of a whole thing than 12 individuals. Luhan is going to get his faster than the others, though. China's boner for him is huuuuge.

Anyway, they have some amazing pepero skills being underused. I bet they practise a lot.

3SGqWgW.gif

luso

Apparently Hyoyeon is there too (which makes more sense than Yoona going to a party by herself) but nobody in Korea cares about her. Also, Justin Bieber was there too...ew.
Probably someone just thought it was Yoona, and don't know who Hyo is..

JKTrix

Seohyun's arms/legs have been lookin reeaal thin lately

Speaking of RM, still listening to Tangeroo's playlist.
Yo Tangeroo if you need help with some of those Super Robot Anime songs that crop up every now and then (I think a recent episode featuring baseball or football had a ton of them in it), that is totally my area of expertise.
Edit: Maybe it wasn't quite that recent, since I mentioned whatever episode that was almost a full year ago. I bet I could still pick out the songs, though!

Tangeroo

Seohyun's arms/legs have been lookin reeaal thin lately

Yo Tangeroo if you need help with some of those Super Robot Anime songs that crop up every now and then (I think a recent episode featuring baseball or football had a ton of them in it), that is totally my area of expertise.
Edit: Maybe it wasn't quite that recent, since I mentioned whatever episode that was almost a full year ago. I bet I could still pick out the songs, though!

I don't even know which songs *are* from Super Robot shows (aside from the Evangelion song they use). But yeah, if you can help me fill in the blanks, I'll add to the playlist. Thanks!

beatsan

Neo Member
Lol. That music tho. It's like..somewhat evil. They know what they did...the Nation's first love has moved on.

Anywho - don't see the appeal of Gun. Can't deny their 9 Muses beauty tho.

SHinee's choreo was good. I'll enjoy the performance more than the song. The wub wub is not something I can listen to all the time. Although, I know I'll have "Everybody" stuck in my head.

T-ara - I like it. Eunjung <3

Pendulum

Ym1r

Someone in IRC the other day was asking since there was the whole IU+Eunhyuk thing, who would be the first person to land Suzy. I replied with the "first person to be shown" landing Suzy (you think there haven't been any yet??). Well, there ya go.

I knew it was coming sooner or later.

No No Eul

suzy has a boyfriend

But JYP Entertainment has stated that they're just good friends so it can't be true.
lol

Ahahahah how did I miss the newish Sori song?

B.I.K.I.N.I

This is terrible yet I cannot stop watching.

Corrected. ;)

allkpop said:
Girls' Generation's Seohyun (22) was belatedly revealed to be on the list of wealthy real estate owners in Gangnam after purchasing a luxurious villa last year.

According to building asset management brand 'With Us Asset Investment', Seohyun purchased a luxurious villa in the 'Cheongdam Daewoo Members County #5' (238&#13217;) building in Cheongdamdong, Gangnam in May 2012 for 1.29 billion KRW (~ $1.2 million USD).

Not terribly surprising really but at the same time, I find it hard to imagine little maknae Seohyun throwing that much money around. What a boss.

Hani said:

Crayon Pop have received some sort of award from the Ministry of Defense, presumably in recognition of how awesome they are.

Edit: Victoria has hopped aboard the Instagram bandwagon.

Pendulum

Over 81k followers in a day....

....*follows*

-------

Edit:
allkpop said:
As the newly appointed ambassadors, 2NE1 will hold a 3D-hologram concert overseas at the 'Korea Brand and Entertainment Expo 2013' ('KBEE 2013') this November!

The YG Entertainment girl group attended the ambassador ceremony at the KOTRA (Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency) headquarters in Seochogu, Seoul on the 10th where they announced, "As part of the expo, we will hold the world's first 3D-hologram concert for three days this November."

2NE1 shared, "A hologram concert was recently done by Psy at the Everland Resort. After watching that concert, it felt like he was actually there performing. It's an honor for us to show a hologram concert as well in London... We had fun filming it. It will feel like you're watching our concert in person. Please look forward to it."

The 'KBEE 2013' will be held at Old Billingsgate in London on November 4-6.

So the rumoured K-Pop act coming to London in Nov... won't be there.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Nine Muses just slayed all on Music Bank. There is no touching them RN.

Pendulum

Such a good Music Bank.

And then this.
myname.gif

------

Edit:
Kyungri Instagram video with Lee Sem at Music Bank.

------

allkpop said:
Psy recently became the first Korean artist to grace the cover of Italy's 'L'uomo Vogue', and in his interview with the magazine, Psy revealed that he and Aerosmith's Steven Tyler have collaborated in the studio.

Psy shared, "Steven Tyler finished recording," revealing that he and the vocalist of the legendary rock band have already finished recording the new song. The "Gangnam Style" singer also mentioned that the new song may be available in November, and that he's always been a huge fan of Aerosmith.

Infinite announce a concert in London on 27th Nov 2013,

Standing tickets:

£86.90 (£79.00 Ticket + £7.90 Fees)

I would've gone if it was about £50 including fees, but that's a bit too much.

Selane

Nine Muses just slayed all on Music Bank. There is no touching them RN.

HHHHHNNNNGGGGHHHHH Hyemi wtf are you wearing not that I'm complaining

edit: count on Nine Muses to wear some real clothes instead of that hideous high waist garbage stylists seem to be obsessed with

Eldren

Ha, I knew it! No Yoona, but Hyo partying with Min and Jia:

tumblr_muhrl3zshj1rs68xto2_500.jpg

tumblr_muhrm7kkun1rs68xto2_500.jpg

tumblr_muhh6ky5yP1rcv05lo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mui94vUyI91qbug69o3_500.jpg

tumblr_mui94vUyI91qbug69o2_500.jpg

Hyo thanking the lord for this gracious lapdance by Min
tumblr_muhrluEtpx1rs68xto1_500.jpg

The best.

edit: count on Nine Muses to wear some real clothes instead of that hideous high waist garbage stylists seem to be obsessed with

God I hate those shorts. Why do stylists think they look good? They're awful. Hopefully Nine Goddesses can drag us into an age of post-high-waisted-shorts enlightenment.

Giant edit: Wait I missed loads of stuff.

I know the boys catch a lot flak (perhaps unfairly, I feel; the deranged segment of their fanbase gives them a bad name) but they do seem like a pretty decent bunch of guys. Hopefully they can get some variety shows, etc. so they can start making money. Luhan, though? Ew. Exo is all about Chanyeol.

-----

I continue to be slayed by Gun. Super catchy, excellent line distribution, interesting choreo and they all look amazing.

tumblr_muih240zys1qaf4i7o1_250.gif
tumblr_muih240zys1qaf4i7o2_250.gif

This tumblr quality though...

tumblr_muijmioBbo1qaf4i7o1_500.gif

tumblr_muijmioBbo1qaf4i7o2_500.gif

-----

Netizens going in on Suzy as expected, at all their usual haunts:

[+7,891, -523] Farewell.... Suzy...
[+3.187, -130] It's okay for you to date... just don't take a selca in bed together. (How kind of them to grant her permission)
[+943, -74] So Suzy's the kind of woman who just touches a man's hand when they're not even dating? Who cares if they're dating, it's better to just be honest. How disappointing.
[+438, -62] Kids these days are open minded so I can understand but Suzy is holding Sung Jun's hand in that picture of them with his arm around her. That's obvious... anyone who's been in a relationship will know what that signifies. JYP is desperate to shield Suzy because she's all they have left.

Maybe JYP will try promoting the three actually interesting members of Miss A instead for a while.

Eldren

I want to party with PerfectHyo <3

Me too, she seems like she'd be fun to hang out with.

ivX4IFCF4XPAO.gif

I'm assuming you meant Hyoyeon because, while there are lesser women known as Hyo, none of those inferiors qualify as Perfect.

Very tangentially related (but only just):

iUHHr0fxkGJO2.gif

Top Bottom