• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

The actress who was on the latest Knowing Bros is really, really pretty.

Leave my waifu alone!

I first saw her in a music video of one of the greatest ballads of 2016. Figured I didn't need to declare anything coz nobody gave a rats ass about the song to begin with lol.

Joking aside, she really is gorgeous. First time I saw the I Don't Want MV last year, my brain was tripping out coz she looked a lot like Baerene but not really Baerene. Since then, she's been one of my favorite IG follows.

Anyway, on to the EXID stuff...

Yeah, Night Rather Than Day is such a jam. It was stuck in my head all day long today, then when I was driving back home, I was just having fun jamming to it while I was stuck in traffic. It's definitely a contender for SOTY imho.

Also of importance on the album is Milk, aka Hani's solo. Her voice is rough and maybe even uncontrolled, but she shines when she's singing in her lower register. It's not even unique tbh, but she sounds soooooo much better in that register than that falsetto thing she's forced to do.

I know it sounds bad but I'm kinda glad Solji is out resting right now, otherwise we wouldn't be getting greatness like this if she was still participating with the group. I just feel that EXID's producers tend to rely on Solji a lot to deliver killer vocals so a majority of their songs tend to have her as the base. But without her voice, they had to improvise and actually let everyone do their own good shit which obviously turned out to be really good.

-- Crime Scene 3 --

Yeah I'm sorta disappointed that Eternal 2nd is out this season but I think I'm okay with it. His role kinda got reduced to a more comedic role in CS2 since Dong-min took over the idiot genius role.

I will say that as much as I like Eunji, and I know that she's great at variety and isn't going to disappoint, I just feel that her selection doesn't really make the show better or worse. I actually was sorta expecting them to go a similar route as S2 and cast God Sejeong. She's seriously the "It Girl" right now, similar to how Hani was during S2.

Yang Se-hyung is the cast that I'm kinda weary about. He's great at what he does in MuDo, but he seems like one of the dumbasses in that show so I don't really know how he's going to work.

--

Lastly, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssss!!! Yeeun in Amoeba is gonna be fncking fire. Consider me hyped as fnck already!

Bowlie

Banned
I know what you mean; I myself would always look for Solji in their songs, and it's great to see this other side of theirs.

I think Junghwa grew a lot since their past releases too. She would most of the time get the fewest lines and stick with the cute voice and expressions, now she seems more at ease.

---

Teasers for Idol Drama Operation Team

Seulgi

Moonbyul

No No Eul

I'm not really feeling EXID's new single at all, or the rest of the mini for that matter. Boy is kinda interesting but other than that... nah.

—

New Berry Good incoming:
9MVyOPN.jpg

I'm not really feeling EXID's new single at all, or the rest of the mini for that matter. Boy is kinda interesting but other than that... nah.

—

New Berry Good incoming:

Already a little teaser of the song.

They've been super high quality since Angel and had one of the SOTY contenders with Don't Believe. Hopefully this can live up to that, but the song is called Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo so I'm a bit hesitant.

Woop. Thanks!

llehuty

BoA is so good in this.

And I know they were struggling to get 101 trainees in this, but damn, you can tell some of the companies were really half assing it with some of the people they sent there.
lol at Cube.

The judging seems more meaningful this time around, and I think they were giving As more easily last season. The confirmed As so far are quite good.
Flashing abs should be an automatic F grade though, imagine if any of the girls in the previous season decided to do that.

I still don't think there is much to lose here, so I don't know why the companies don't open the gates with their trainees? The top 11 will get a huge boost in popularity for their company projects, and the rest, nobody would remember them anyway, and the company can push for them dicard them as they please. Trainees get either some exposure and/or free training. I guess it can all backfire if you get a negative edit, but I think only Chanmi got that last season, and she does suck, so no big deal. Yeunjung maybe also got some bad rep, but I don't think she would be more popular now in WSJN if she hadn't been part of the show.

I watched the episode... First of all 2 hours jfc that's long. As expected editing is all over the place. I don't particularly get why the trainees from 'Yuehua entertainment' get so much attention, but I don't dislike them. The one that got trashed then did the 'Pick me' dance is kinda cute. And the fancy camera effects during a 'good' performance versus bland camera shots during 'weak' performances lmao. I don't think Nu'est did that bad, but they have to set up a weak start for their storyline I guess.

Oh well, I'm entertained. BoA is so much better as a host too.

Flashing abs should be an automatic F grade though, imagine if any of the girls in the previous season decided to do that.

Truth. The one boy from Brave Ent especially being 16 :/. And the 30 year old dude just came across as desperate lmao.

I have a feeling Loona is gonna be stacked in terms of visuals... there's another member that have excellent visuals; but I can't say who it is because a black van might show up outside my house and take me away haha.
Damn, I want to live where you live lol.
come to NYC/ Northern NJ =) there's plenty of koreans. (don't want to sound like the creep who got banned. lol) i live a predominate Korean neighborhood so i guess i'm just used to seeing koreans all the time.

oh thank you!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh, right. I believe BAP also heads out there fairly often, tho, right? I remember some shenanigans of them whining about not getting paid and TS was all like dude we have to pay for your world tours.

llehuty

Oh, right. I believe BAP also heads out there fairly often, tho, right? I remember some shenanigans of them whining about not getting paid and TS was all like dude we have to pay for your world tours.
Yeah, I think they did, but I think was right before they tried to sue TS. TS is probably struggling now, they can't even scam their idols.

llehuty

I thought the Loona 1/3 mini might have been a substitute for Vivi's solo release but I guess not. The hype train continues. Four down, eight still to go.
They are five now, Yeojin wasn't part of the subunit because of reasons.

There must be something going on behind the scenes, the group is called girl of the month, and they have spent February, March and I guess now April with Vivi. But apparently, a new girl called JinSoul will be featuring Vivi's album, so I don't know if they just like making it as confusing as possible or what.

llehuty

[릴레이댄스] 오마이걸(OH MY GIRL)_컬러링북(Coloring Book) Dance realy thingie
They are so damn cuteeee. Weekly Idol episode looks amazing by some of the previews, hopefully it gets subbed fast.

라붐 2nd MINI ALBUM - 빛이되어줘 (LIVE PRACTICE)
Inoffensive B side... at least it sounds like it.

이해리 (Lee Hae Ri) (다비치 (DAVICHI)) - PATTERN MV
An unexpected sound coming from her. I guess she will release a more traditional ballad as a title track.

They are so damn energetic. Happy face has found a really good synergy between concept, choreography and composition, with a really talented girls to back it off.

This on the other hand...
WINNER - ‘REALLY REALLY’ DANCE PRACTICE VIDEO
Such a waste giving this dancey song to a group that lacks a lot on the dancing department. The choreo is also quite bad, what are those hard hitting moves when the song is so chill? They also had this bouncing cars in the MV which doesn't fit the mood of the song at all. It reminds me of berry good's latest comeback with all the arm flailing and the questionable outfits.

Draxal

come to NYC/ Northern NJ =) there's plenty of koreans. (don't want to sound like the creep who got banned. lol) i live a predominate Korean neighborhood so i guess i'm just used to seeing koreans all the time.

Treat him to some Peck Peck chicken and he will never want to leave.

Edit. It's a korean/pinoy joke from this area.

Hello dears. I'm a fan of female singers in general of all genres. I recently realized that Kpop was an entire world of songs I'd never heard and dove in. I used a Spotify playlist supposedly curated by reddit to find my footing and then went from there. I've found a lot of it to sound far too close to 80's/90's pop ballads, which is a sound I don't think really works for many of these groups. But some of the songs are pretty amazing so I definitely want to hear more.

I saw the curated YouTube playlist in the OT and I'll be listening to that tonight, but I was wondering if you guys knew of some female groups/singers that have a more modern poppy/electronica sound as opposed to the slower stuff many of the groups seem to produce. I do like the rap surprisingly (I normally can't stand rap/hip hop even with female singers).

P.S. I bought three albums (I buy albums for artists I like). Laughed when I realized what these actually look like. I'll admit I'm not into the whole waifu/fanboy thing so the whole photobook, collectible card thing is kinda...strange. But I gotta say the build quality is really high, which is nice since these take up like 4-6 times as much space as a normal album from anywhere else in the world. It was also fun to try to explain to my fiance why I ordered an album that had a literal book of a photoshoot of teenage(?) Korean girls.

llehuty

Hello dears. I'm a fan of female singers in general of all genres. I recently realized that Kpop was an entire world of songs I'd never heard and dove in. I used a Spotify playlist supposedly curated by reddit to find my footing and then went from there. I've found a lot of it to sound far too close to 80's/90's pop ballads, which is a sound I don't think really works for many of these groups. But some of the songs are pretty amazing so I definitely want to hear more.

I saw the curated YouTube playlist in the OT and I'll be listening to that tonight, but I was wondering if you guys knew of some female groups/singers that have a more modern poppy/electronica sound as opposed to the slower stuff many of the groups seem to produce. I do like the rap surprisingly (I normally can't stand rap/hip hop even with female singers).

P.S. I bought three albums (I buy albums for artists I like). Laughed when I realized what these actually look like. I'll admit I'm not into the whole waifu/fanboy thing so the whole photobook, collectible card thing is kinda...strange. But I gotta say the build quality is really high, which is nice since these take up like 4-6 times as much space as a normal album from anywhere else in the world. It was also fun to try to explain to my fiance why I ordered an album that had a literal book of a photoshoot of teenage(?) Korean girls.
Hmmm, which albums did you buy?

And yeah, if you give us concrete names of artists, we can point you to similar ones.

llehuty

Doubt it. 5 Vocalist in on group and 4 rappers and one of the weaker vocalists in the other. Poorly balanced if so.
While that is true, look at Seventeen's subunits:
Wikipedia said:
There are thirteen members in the group who are separated into three different sub-units with different areas of specialization: a 'Hip-Hop Unit', 'Vocal Unit', and 'Performance Unit'

Pendulum

Ma Eunjin, who was originally going to join Playback before news of her being an EXO sasaeng arose and then left and then went onto appearing in Produce 101 and K-Pop Star 6, is going to join Playback as "the newest and final member of the group".

While that is true, look at Seventeen's subunits:

I know, but Yuhas inclusion with the rappers doesn't make sense. If it had been Seungyeon/Yehana/Eunwoo then we can start talking.

Ma Eunjin, who was originally going to join Playback before news of her being an EXO sasaeng arose and then left and then went onto appearing in Produce 101 and K-Pop Star 6, is going to join Playback as "the newest and final member of the group".

Is Jessicas boyfriend going to let Playback have a comeback? How generous.

Top Bottom