• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
Is it true that Christie called Trump at the 11th hour to personally grovel for the VP slot? Man, I'd love to overhear that conversation. I hope someone good writes the tell all for the Trump campaign. It should be amazing, assuming he loses of course.

thebloo

Failed coups are pretty much universally terrible. One of the reasons I found all the celebrating when the attempted coup began really distasteful and unpleasant.

Yep. And also, Erdogan just got some comments legitimising him further from world leaders.

Interesting Millennial survey that has race breakdowns.

18-30 year old Asian Americans on who they'll vote for:

Hillary: 55
Trump: 6 (!)

Republicans should probably start trying to make Asian-Americans not hate them.

http://genforwardsurvey.com/assets/uploads/2016/07/GenForward-June-2016-BYP-Report.pdf

It's 44/8 Hillary/Trump for 18-30 year old Latino Americans.

83% of young Asian-Americans are pro gun control and that matches my personal experience...

Obama is fucking beloved by young black Americans according to this poll. Only 6% of that group disapproves with 63% strongly approving, goddamn.

Interesting Millennial survey that has race breakdowns.

18-30 year old Asian Americans on who they'll vote for:

Hillary: 55
Trump: 6 (!)

Republicans should probably start trying to make Asian-Americans not hate them.
Interesting. Not surprising, mind you, but I guess I'd never really thought about why. Maybe it's a secondary racism thing? They're hardly the minority group of choice to gang up on these days, but who knows what happens when everyone else gets suppressed enough in the white nationalism scheme? Aside from that, more educated and already predisposed to be more liberal (versus whites at least)? Gun control alone wouldn't push this kind of gap. Social programs and safety net?
If the RNC was going to push so hard for a specific VP (both in the open and behind the scenes) you'd think it would have been someone they knew could bring in more money. Just attempting to pacify the rank and file is only half the equation to winning a GE. There's potentially never been a larger gap between what a primaries candidate was versus what they "should" be like for the GE, and that alleged pivot is sure taking taking its sweet time. That's the sort of thing only messaging (ie surrogates and tons of advertising) can fix and the candidate can't entire do it on their own. Trump has neither.

Green Party candidate Jill Stein: Everything Trump Says, Clinton Has Already Done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JjNOFQ_uC4

For those that can't watch the video:

Chuck Todd says she's hoping to reach 15% in the polls so she can be on the debate stage and MSNBC is including her in polls for that reason. He then asks if she could live with President Trump if she somehow did pull enough support from the left.

Jill says she couldn't live with Trump or Clinton, then pivots to a stump speech saying Hillary has already done everything Trump threatens to do. War in Libya, nuclear war in Syria, fracking and last but not least she segues into promising young people will have all their debt forgiven.

Remember when Hillary banned all the muslims entering the country and built a wall along the Mexican border.

watershed

Banned
Green Party candidate Jill Stein: Everything Trump Says, Clinton Has Already Done

Remember when Hillary banned all the muslims entering the country and built a wall along the Mexican border.
I don't know why anyone is even paying attention to Jill Stein. I don't think she or votes going to her will be a factor in this election at all.

Paskil

It's the most fringe campaign to reach major party status. I don't see it getting that much more organized either.

So given the fact that the Trump campaign has crushed opposition to freeing up the delegates, can we expect to see the oppo go all out starting this weekend/next week, or will they still wait until Trump is officially the nominee?

I don't know why anyone is even paying attention to Jill Stein. I don't think she or votes going to her will be a factor in this election at all.
It could be worth a tiny look at where she's on the ballot (and not).
http://www.gp.org/ballotaccess

That's mostly non-competitive states, but available in FL and OH. Notable exception being IA/MN/PA/VA. For how key those are in cementing a possible early Clinton win, even 1% anywhere could help. That set of 4 would make any remaining battlegrounds irrelevant.
http://www.270towin.com/maps/M2lBP

Edit: Holy crap, she doesn't even need VA in that scenario. EC is massively stacked to Democrats.

Paskil

I would love to interview Jill Stein in two months to ask her how it feels to be irrelevant. Right now is the most that anyone will care about anything she says or does as the Green Party nominee.

502X2zA.png

My Facebook, questioning two Bernie supporters, because FUCK JILL STEIN.

Diablos

Just heard an ad in GTA V talking about how unions protect lazy workers and that's why you should join one and gave major side eye to the game.

I don't think game studios with employees that work 80 hours a week are able to criticize unions without coming off as ridiculous, lol.
Pathetic, right?

I haven't touched GTA V. Is there a link to the ad? I just want a new RDR.

Slayven

Slayven just pointed out Sheriff David "I will be played by Samuel L. Jackson in the movie" Clarke.

And Dr. Lisa Shin is Korean-American. She might be the only Asian.

There are 2 black pastors. Darrell Scott and Mark Burns. Who will have a lot of explaining to do come first Sunday.

Guess Trump regained access to his Twitter account....

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 42m42 minutes ago
Crooked Hillary is spending big Wall Street money on ads saying I don't have foreign policy experience, yet look what her policies have done

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 37m37 minutes ago
Crooked Hillary, who embarrassed herself and the country with her e-mail lies, has been a DISASTER on foreign policy. Look what's happening!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 32m32 minutes ago
Very sad that a person who has made so many mistakes, Crooked Hillary Clinton, can put out such false and vicious ads with her phony money!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 28m28 minutes ago
Crooked Hillary Clinton is bought and paid for by Wall Street, lobbyists and special interests. She will sell our country down the tubes!

Trying to make this a referendum on Clinton? Bad idea.

Link

The Autumn Wind

Our media is so useless. They let everyone come on and just spew talking points with no pushback at all. And any time they do ask the person to elaborate, they still don't press them for anything of substance.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Well, it's Jill Stein.
Right, I get it, nothing of substance there. That still doesn't mean Chuck Todd shouldn't blast her for the bullshit she's trying to put out. Out media has no balls. God forbid Jill Stein refuses future interviews if anyone actually questioned her ridiculous rhetoric.

Wait till lolo sees trumps fundraising numbahs
That reminds me, that $51 million number that came out for June, does that include his loan that he supposedly forgave? Because that would be a large chunk of it.

There are 2 black pastors. Darrell Scott and Mark Burns. Who will have a lot of explaining to do come first Sunday.

I dunno. If they have been leading their respective flocks with this rhetoric all this time, their congregations might be okay with this. We might have found all the black people who are voting for Trump.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Will Donald call her crooked Hillary to her face at a debate? I know he used the nicknames are R debates, but none of those were on a stage being hurled at a lone woman opponent.

I actually liked Goblet (the film) but that's only because I don't like the book. Except for the Graveyard scene when my bae gets his body back. I pretty much skim read the rest of the book.

Edit: I don't hate the book, but it is my least favorite.

I like the movie and I love the book. Best book. HBP abd OotP right behind.

Will Donald call her crooked Hillary to her face at a debate? I know he used the nicknames are R debates, but none of those were on a stage being hurled at a lone woman opponent.

Oh, I'm sure he will. He can't help himself. Hillary, because she's smart, would be well placed to simply refer to him as Mr. Trump every time he throws some childish name at her. Debates are as much about optics as they are substance. We know Trump has zero substance. So, let him ramble and rant and do whatever, while Hillary is calm and knowledgeable.

God bless Steve Schmidt for trying, but the man is drowning in shit and pretending it's pudding.

Just heard an ad in GTA V talking about how unions protect lazy workers and that's why you should join one and gave major side eye to the game.

I don't think game studios with employees that work 80 hours a week are able to criticize unions without coming off as ridiculous, lol.

The politics in GTA have always been horrible, homophobic, regressive. Great games though.

Effect

If MSNBC had any brains, they would fire Morning Joe and switch to Morning Joy. Because Joy is EVERYTHING.

Seriously. She's been great. I was upset that the Melissa Harris Perry's situation ended the way it did but Joy Reid has been great. Morning Joe is a damn mess. Damn you Imus for being a racist bastard and having your show dropped. Granted it's a big unknown if Morning Joe's hours wouldn't have been expanded eventually but that was big part of why it did happen when it did if I'm remembering correctly.

Clinton Campaign, DNC Planning Counter-Convention During RNC
The Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee are gearing up for their own joint counter-convention during the Republican National Convention next week, sending a full staff to Cleveland to troll the Republicans and fight back against every attack made against them throughout the week.

The effort, according to a Clinton campaign official, will be titled “Better Than This” and will include daily press conferences, press calls and rapid response from top aides and surrogates. The RNC runs July 18-21.

The campaign –- which will work out of their headquarters in Cleveland located less than a mile from the RNC's venue, the Quicken Loans Arena -- has also enlisted celebrities and other allied organizations. They plan to tweet along with the convention program using the hashtag, #BetterThanThis, the aide said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom