• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Seriously, what the fuck?!? +70% of the country doesn't know anything about Mike Pence. Now is THE time to define him to the country, and he is talking about how awesome he his. Bruh.

Seriously. Yesterday his opposition had all day to gather info on Pence and how bad he is. I know more about Pence through their opposition than I do from Donald himself when he's supposed to be introducing him.

Seriously. Yesterday his opposition had all day to gather info on Pence and how bad he is. I know more about Pence through their opposition than I do from Donald himself when he's supposed to be introducing him.

How the fuck can no one exert enough control over Trump to get him on message for FIFTEEN FUCKING MINUTES!?

Now he's talking about NAFTA? Jesus.

Bowdz

Lmao at that last sentence. "Back to Mike Pence. The main reason I chose Mike Pence was I looked at Indiana, which I won by a lot. I was suppose to lose but I won."

Emarv

Is he admitting to picking Pence for purely political reasons rather than as the person best suited to take over the presidency?

Is he admitting to picking Pence for purely political reasons rather than as the person best suited to take over the presidency?

Yes he literally said that he picked him to unite the party

This is a press conference for Mike Pence, how many minutes have been spent on Pence?

Emarv

Yes he literally said that he picked him to unite the party

This is a press conference for Mike Pence, how many minutes have been spent on Pence?

I mean, i know he said for unity, but he also just said "How did I pick Pence? Well, first, I looked at Indiana....blah blah nonsense".

Not a political bone in his body.

Exactly he can't keep one coherent thought.

On another note. Trump is going to have to talk actual policy at some point and I don't know if he can handle that.

Don't be so sure. He got the nomination without talking policy whatsoever.

Trump: "We're gonna repeal Obama care, it's a disaster!"
D. Bash: "Okay, what are you gonna replace it with?"
Trump: "Something great"
Bash: "Like what?"
Trump: "I don't know, something great"

I'm paraphrasing, but it was something like that. People love him because he is very Politically Incorrect and he is anti-establishment / doesn't take money from wall street/big banks. GAF dislikes him, but anecdotally I see he is doing well and his line and tactics are working with the general public.

AHAHAHA logo gone:

Cnfx3sQWEAAfNYh.jpg:large

I'm paraphrasing, but it was something like that. People love him because he is very Politically Incorrect and he is anti-establishment / doesn't take money from wall street/big banks. GAF dislikes him, but anecdotally I see he is doing well and his line and tactics are working with the general public.

He is going to have to during the debates

With no notes

No teleprompters

No crowd

Time limit on answers

Forced to answer topic at hand

thefro

States have to have balanced budgets you Oompa Loompa reject.

Yeah, Indiana's always had a balanced budget. And Indiana's job growth is pretty average.

On the education stuff, they capped property taxes, so local schools have less money overall.

On infrastructure, that's due to Mitch Daniels selling a toll road to a private company and cashing out (and questionable to call Indiana #1 there anyway. Better than average for sure.)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

It might work if his tactics didn't implicitly alienate minorities with any historical sense and explicitly alienate all the rest with his blatant bigotry. Hell he might still scrape it out if he at least could get white women in his corner, but the blatant misogyny and the fact that he's up against HRC means he only reliably has white guys in his pocket and that's just not enough any more.

The only way he wins is if white Dems get complacent.

Boke1879

In GE debates. He's not going to have a crowd that hoots and hollers at some of the bs he says. The moderator will ask very direct questions about policy etc. He's going to have to talk on policy and can't resort to just making everything a Clinton bash fest.

He is going to have to during the debates

With no notes

No teleprompters

No crowd

Time limit on answers

Forced to answer topic at hand

They tried to make him talk policy in the primaries. He just came back with smart comments and insults, and that was enough to steamroll everyone there. I wouldn't be so sure he'll have to talk policies, I don't underestimate the stupidity, ignorance, and gullibility of the general population.

They tried to make him talk policy in the primaries. He just came back with smart comments and insults, and that was enough to steamroll everyone there. I wouldn't be so sure he'll have to talk policies, I don't underestimate the stupidity, ignorance, and gullibility of the general population.

Holy shit we're not in the primaries

General election debates are professional, non-biased with zero crowd to back him up when he tries to say something stupid or insult Clinton.

Stop thinking about the primary debates, the GE debates are nothing like them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom