• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Did anybody post this back in OT6?

Jung Key - I don't want (Feat. So Jung of LADIES’ CODE)

It apparently came out in June this year and I totally missed it.

It's funny, I was trying to find the album version of Sojung's cover of I Don't Love You from the TV show and I end up with this instead lol. But I'm quite glad I did tbh... it's one of the better songs of the year and it isn't because Sojung's singing it(though that helps a lot).

It's more to do with the jazzy feel it's got going with it. I feel like lighting a candle and swinging it in the air along with the tempo of the song lol.

Pendulum

·feist·;213917139 said:
I've not paid attention to their China activities outside of a few events. Pendulum could speak to that better than I can.

I'm aware of their Chinese debut showcase and a promotional event that took the 6 girls that could speak fluent/some Chinese (Chinese members Cheng Xiao, XuanYi, Mei Qi + Eunseo, Exy, Bona) to a bunch of universities (UNIQ was also on the same promotional tour), but can't remember if there's been anything else really - certainly none of which has made any significant in-roads in China. They did win a "Best Rookie" award at an M!Countdown held in China, but I'm sure there was some kind of agreement behind that - I don't remember "MoMoMo" making a dent on any Chinese chart, and certainly not in Korea. For that matter, I've never seen WJSN perform the Chinese version of "MoMoMo".

It all does seem like a missed opportunity so far. It feels like Starship is trying to shore up support in Korean before doing anything significant in China so I wonder how much Yuehua is involved aside from some co-funding and looking after a university tour/promotion. On that note "Secret" is faring a lot better than "MoMoMo" on the charts, but not at the level that would warrant a continuation with the direction/sound they're going.

---

[MV] I.B.I(아이비아이) _ MOLAE MOLAE(몰래몰래)
As mentioned a while back, this is 5 of the Produce 101 girls.

---

Edit: I remember Mnet/M Countdown seems to be in YG's good books these days.
M!Countdown lineup for this week does not list Black Pink.
Lisa said:
Middle finger up, F U YG

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well there aren't any updates on Jennie's ankle, are there? If it's bad, they might be in a difficult position figuring how to adjust the debut.

PInk Tape

Banned
EXO - Lotto (Audio)

Production is slick but it feels like it's been done before. Kind of sounds like they were shooting for a Jay Park/AOMG sound with this song.

I really dislike the overuse of autotune on their voices; it makes the song sound dated, imo (I was so hoping that what I heard this morning wasn't the final version *sigh*). I understand that they were trying something new and I can commend them for that but I think it's a misfire.

Also, I find it funny that since this is supposed to be a "hip hop" inspired song that there was no rap section.

It's... ok. Not the worse thing I've heard this year but not the best. Monster/Lucky One are definitely the better singles that came from EXO this year.

The song is already out. I don't like it, it has too much Autotune :/
Bring me down (the second new track) isn't bad though.

I agree on both points. Bring Me Down should've have been the official single, I think.

I like She's Dreaming (the third track) as well.

llehuty

Tymee [SYMBOL] Preview 2016.8.20 0:00
She is back! Track #5 features Jaekyung for some reason. Echoing the youtube comments also, where the fuck is a studio verison of Get Down?

[MV] I.B.I(아이비아이) _ MOLAE MOLAE(몰래몰래)
Produce 101 rejects, with a unsurprisingly boring debut. They could have done something with a bit of edge to make them stand appart, but meh. Also, is that and out of tune sax in the chorus. What a mess.

[Teaser] NELL(넬) _ Dream catcher

This is so derivative. Pass (unless the MV is really cool). Can't bring me down is indeed a better track.

They already removed Minzy.
tXcfzej.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
"Secret Time"? Shots fired or True fans sometimes have to do it themselves.

llehuty

"Secret Time"? Shots fired or True fans sometimes have to do it themselves.

Media play it until you make it.
jk

Secret falling appart because of internal drama is so damn disappointing, have the decency of break the group because of problems with the agency, not between the girls. What a waste.

Are there other cases of groups disbanding for similar conditions? I can't think of any at this point...

2NE1 maybe?

Edit: RIP, I forgot 4minute

that whistle dance practice is really lacking imo. just seems sloppy and unfocused. they only interesting point is the little synchronized stepping in the chorus. the rest is just kinda dull.

Lol. I'll take it.

that whistle dance practice is really lacking imo. just seems sloppy and unfocused. they only interesting point is the little synchronized stepping in the chorus. the rest is just kinda dull.

Aside from Jisoo, it's fine. I want a Boombayah practice vid instead though. Whistle is so last week by now. Give me Rose wiping the floor.

I didn't know Skeletor Syoung had a Thai relative...

Kidding aside, Lisa looks dangerously skinny here for some reason. I wonder if it's the camera angle or something as Jennie looks pretty skinny too compared to the MV.

I will agree too that Whistle is losing it's sheen and Boombayah is becoming the better song. Whether that was intentional by YG or not, it's interesting to say the least.

Pendulum

Just a heads up for anyone in Seoul or planning to be in Seoul in September. Korea Tourism Organization (Full disclosure I work here) is putting on a Kpop Concert to celebrate the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics. Wonder Girls, WJSN, Beast, Shinee, Gumm, B.A.P and some others are performing. Tickets are free for non-Korean residents. You just need to apply through the website here: http://www.pyeongchangkpopfestival.com/?LID=ENG Worth checking out I reckon.

After the day before you support those groups and ramyeon, there's another Pyeongchang concert.
BTS, AOA, NCT 127, MAMAMOO, Red Velvet, B.A.P, Block B, Rose Motel, BTOB, VIXX, Spica, SONAMOO, Oh My Girl and KNK to take part in 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics concert happening September 7, 2016

---

YooA 1, water bottle 0
Buuuubblesssss!!!

---

Dancing-wise? Lisa >> Rose>Jennie >> Jisoo.

The lighting helps them look skinnier than they would be, and I am not denying they are lean, but dangerously skinny? I think you need to check your definition :)

EXO is always leaving me with egg on my face. Every time I think they will flop, they come through with a Monster/Lucky One. Every time I think they will slay, they give....Lotto. I'm over them!

CL continues to be a clown.

Boss Mog

I'm really pissed KBS kicked Tiffany off Slam Dunk. The outrage culture that is taking over the world, where a few vocal bullies who hide behind the cover of the internet are somehow the supreme authority on everything, really irks me.

x Pantene

I mean it needs to happen even when the song isn't sponsored by a shampoo brand.

And that CL song is such a non-event, it's just so lifeless. I guess we can look forward to next year's debut 'no for real guys this isn't a test, it's really happening this time' solo.

I've been watching the Whistle dance video again and it's really so frustrating. Everyone is always slightly off sync. The choreo itself isn't memorable outside of the chorus point move. The rest is just slightly embarrassing twerking and repositioning. They can't even film it in one take. For what it's worth, the second take seems to be a lot more focused for a short while, but from here on out, they seem to just give up any pretense of synchronization and just want to get the moves done. Lisa seems to be the best dancer, and Jisoo is the worst - struggling just to keep up. Jennie is pretty decent as well. Rosé just sort of feels forgotten in the lineup. It's not really a dance that can show off any of their skills. For such a low energy dance, this is pretty lame. When you have rookie groups from even smaller agencies nailing even more difficult choreo with even more members completely in synch and all filmed in one take, Blackpink honestly needed more time to work on their dancing and synchronization. I can see why they pre-recorded their only inkigayo appearance. For such a highly anticipated group from one of the "big" agencies, I don't know why this dance practice is so budget and poorly made. When SM debuts a new group in 2016, it's with one of the freshest and most interesting dances of the year, consistently performed on multiple shows weekly and a high budget performance video. Whistle is just a half-hearted check on a list of things a k-pop group should do.

Top Bottom