• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Omg at IOI winning that show with Yeunjung standing in the back with her group that's barely charting. I kinda wish this happened while Gugudan was promoting just to see the awkward moments.
Gotta feel salty to know your company pulled you from such a successful unit that's still going strong without you there. Though in the end it probably doesn't matter too much for the members, I guess.

Cuddler

Gonna start posting about some of the artists I choose for my essential list, starting with Tako & J Hyung. Tako e J Hyung is a duo formed by two rappers, but their songs have a more acoustic/chill kind of sound compared to many other rappers. Most of their songs are really good and the singers featured in their songs are usually good (especially 엄지현 imo). Their most popular song is "Even as it stands very pretty":

이대로도 예뻐 - Tako & J Hyung [ENG SUB / HANGEUL]

It's a really good song with really great lyrics that send a positive message about beauty and self esteem. Song was also covered by MONSTA X members KIHYUN and I.M:

[CH.MX][C] KIHYUN X I.M - 이대로도 예뻐 (COVER.)

Some of their song which I like are:
타코앤제이형 - 그러지마요 (with 나경원)
타코앤제이형 - 잘 못하는 말 (with 임동현)
타코앤제이형 - 이러지마 (with 효빈)
타코앤제이형 - 어떡하죠 (with 엄지현)
타코앤제이형 - 짧은거입지마 MV

live:
타코앤제이형-새벽에
타코앤제이형 - 이대로도예뻐(live)

You should post them, promote shamelessly your faves :p. It's a vicious circle, if you don't post about, people won't discover those niche artists, so they will stay being unknown in the thread. I honestly enjoyed the Tako and J Hyung track, really chill.
Done, starting with the one you liked. :)
Unpretty Rapstar is sticking to the previous seasons formula of bullshit edit and bullshit jury picks. I still can't believe
Yuk Ji Dam got the 2nd track, when she shouldn't even be there in the first place.
Plenty of underdogs worth rooting for, like Grace, Janey and Euna Kim. I need the cube girl and Juk Yi Dam out of my screen, so damn annoying.

The show is still enjoyable, but this is probably their weakest start yet (2nd ep was ok, but 1st one was dragging too much).
Sad to see
Kassy
already out, she really didn't fit that image that people have attached to rappers even if she's good. Again, really unfortunate that they have to do this to have some sort of public recognition, she was so forced in her profile video but in her performance she looked more like herself with her personal style of rapping, not every rapper have to be the same. I hope she will continue to release songs in her style and her way, they were already good. Still less sad that seeing EB dancing on Produce 101, poor girl.

ur faves' faves

Oh My Girl Behind The Show Cut with Twice

Weekly Idol: Oh My Girl's female fans

https://twitter.com/B2PMGG_/status/765423179657392128

Seulgi singing to Oh My Girl

24bdd0b89487c0ca283e64715365a80b42dc68b3_hq.gif

llehuty

Part 1 of ep3 of Unpretty rasptar subbed (facebook link for the moment) 2nd part will take a while apparently...

Never followed Produce 101 but Soyeon killing it on UPRS3.
She is allright, Giant Pink and Euna Kim are the ones really killing it.

I quite like this choreo, but they are a bit all over the place. I love Jennie's energy and Rose's slide is fantastic. And again, not done in one take, smh.

Loci

Yuk Jidam has been so annoying. No idea why she got the 2nd track either. No idea why is she there either.
You just a hater.
She rightfully got that track. Sadly the released song is utter garbage, wtf Gil.

She slayed that Horangnabi stage and tropical night is damn fine too.

llehuty

You just a hater.
She rightfully got that track. Sadly the released song is utter garbage, wtf Gil.

She slayed that Horangnabi stage and tropical night is damn fine too.

No, but real talk, why is she again on unpretty rapstar? Nobody asked for this.

mr_chun

Late.

I knew they would jack up CL's US activities. There is almost no market for a late 90's hip-hop/r&b song in the US. The dated slang is cringe-worthy. Scooter Braun was a mistake.

Subbing teams really don't care about Unpretty Rapstar anymore do they. Shame it gets subbed so slowly.

Nu'est is coming back! It's nice to see Pledis keep them alive with new material, their music is always on point and they've been going for an interesting sound lately.

Kazzy

Late.

I knew they would jack up CL's US activities. There is almost no market for a late 90's hip-hop/r&b song in the US. The dated slang is cringe-worthy. Scooter Braun was a mistake.

Well, K-Pop...

Honestly, I think from the Korean side, their want (need) to impress Western audiences, and the preoccupation of that perception, really makes them come across as small-time in a lot of instances.

Also, any sort of appearance/performance abroad, they take it as a huge-victory. I know resources, and the comparative lack thereof affects those promotions, but they are nowhere near aggressive enough with that stuff, and simply seem content to heap praise on themselves for doing very little. There are probably instances that can disprove this, but it's always this weird dichotomy of perception vs reality, for me.

The worst is news outlets spreading false timeline of what happened, but at least some reported the correct sequence of events recently and questioning that news anchor remark. Regardless, this was way blown out of proportions, I mean, it was a 3 minutes dumb mistake and she apologized... it seems people needed some frustration channeling and this was the opportunity. Plus shes a woman and a "foreigner"...

This is a situation that requires logic and cooler-heads to prevail, hardly the avenue for such things. The bolded part specifically, is infuriating.

The shade... LMAO

If it actually is, that's Machiavellian levels of subtlety!

Though, I hope not. Seems pretty sad otherwise...

No No Eul

I.O.I got a win on M!Countdown, with the Produce 101 rejects I.B.I and Yeunjung (now promoting with Cosmic Girls). They also decided to put their Produce 101 rank jumpers for the encore performance for some reason.

I thought that was a great touch/callback. Was Yoojung really ranked D though? Must have been having an off day or something.

·feist·;213857040 said:
Random: I appreciate you keeping the thread on topic with your posts on Wu Qian and Best Popu Lady Yu Shan.

You're very welcome. :p

Talking of on topic, is anyone else watching the rhythmic gymnastics final? Yeon Jae's had a really strong start (with what is apparently her weakest apparatus) but I fear she is eternally destined to finish just outside the top three.

Peru

Talking of on topic, is anyone else watching the rhythmic gymnastics final? Yeon Jae's had a really strong start (with what is apparently her weakest apparatus) but I fear she is eternally destined to finish just outside the top three.

Looking like a frustrating #4

No No Eul

Gah, so close! That look in her eyes when the Ukrainian's final score came up on the screen. T_T

I hope she's not too disappointed though because she performed brilliantly. No mistakes as far as I could see and it was a definite improvement over her result in the qualifying yesterday. Still, I have to admit Rizatdinova deserved that bronze, and the two Russians were obviously in a class of their own.

5th in London. 4th in Rio. Maybe in Tokyo.

Edit:

llehuty

I thought that was a great touch/callback. Was Yoojung really ranked D though? Must have been having an off day or something.
One of the first arcs of the show was how the hell she got from D to center of the first Pick Me Up performance.

The first rankings were quite bad anyways, just based in the agency performances.

llehuty

160821 에이프릴(April) 백암아트홀 Dream Land 콘서트 직캠(Fancam)_A(채경)
Chaekyung performing with April for some reason, when she debuted in I.B.I days ago. DSP gonna DSP I guess, although, she being part of April would make me care about this group again. Meanwhile Youngji and Somin are in the dungeon, I guess...

Tiffany’s Guide To Korean Culture & Lifestyle
Dead at this article. I was laughing already at the map pic.

Kyungri with that pro switch

Broank

Fanaccount from Oh My Girl's concert.

Hey everyone!

So I just got home from the first day of Oh My Girl's weekend concert series. There are many many concerts happening in Seoul this weekend but I chose to support my girls with their first two ever concerts! They're taking place at Samsung Blue Card Hall in Itaewon, which has a capacity of about 3000 people.

Thought I'd share some of the things that happened today:
~I arrived at the venue at around 10:30 this morning, and by then all the fan banners and glowsticks were already sold out! The other merch quickly sold out too. I was told that there'll be more available tomorrow, and iirc they'll be limiting it to one piece of each merch per fan because people bought in bulk. As consolation, they sold discounted plain green lightsticks which included a photocard. I got Mimi but I traded for YooA who's my bias. Besides that, I didn't get any official merch but that's ok because all the fangoods I received made up for it.

~The girls opened the show with Closer, which was gorgeous. Four of the members were up on swings that came down from the ceiling and they each had short white dresses on, with hair accessories. Each had their own style, I think Arin and Binnie's really suited them but they all looked gorgeous.

~The first VCR was a parody called "OMGketmon GO!" parodying Pokémon Go ofc. It was super cute and Mimi, YooA and Hyojung got caught, which showed that they'd have their own solo stages. IDK if the other girls will do their own tomorrow or not...

~Mimi did a solo cover of Zico's "Boys and Girls" and she KILLED IT. Then, Hyojung and YooA covered "Bitch I'm Madonna" and holy crap. I never knew Hyojung could pull off the sexy concept so well but she is FIERCE! She honestly blew me away.

~The girls then went on to do kinda a flirty/sexy/cutesy look for a few songs. Lots of mesh and shorts and crop tops but nothing inappropriate, esp. for the younger members. I can really seeing them pulling off that vibe well (a la Sistar) in a few years.

~They performed all their singles and then some, songs like Sugar Baby, B612, Playground, Je T'aime, I Found Love... It was a pretty big setlist!

~Baro from B1A4 was in the audience tonight!

~As for gender in the audience, I was expecting mostly guys since it's a girl group, but it was pretty even! I even saw a few parents with their kids.

I don't know if there's any much else I can comment on, but I am going to the next show tomorrow afternoon. If you want, I'll let you guys know if there's any changes. If you have any questions too, go ahead and ask and hopefully I can answer them. I'm so proud of Oh My Girl!!!
https://www.reddit.com/r/kpop/comments/4ypbk9/fanaccount_oh_my_girls_1st_concert_summer/

Hi again everybody!

I'm just home from the second day of Summer Fairytale. I posted my experience yesterday here. There were a few changes from yesterday to today so I thought I'd make a quick post!

~Merch sold out AGAIN today! Luckily I got my hand on a lightstick. Fan goods were mostly the same as yesterday so I only collected a few extra fans to give to my Miracle friends who weren't able to attend the concert.

~I was sitting a little further back today but my view was still fantastic. Staff were buzzing around my area before the concert started and it turns out that members of Yooa's family ended up sitting next to me and my friend. They were very sweet and energetic!

~This time, the other girls got to perform. Binnie, Jiho, Arin and JinE got to perform mini solos, bookended by Knock Knock. They all did great but Binnie sang a beautiful ballad. Girl has PIPES and I wish they'd let her use them more! I'm not quite sure each song the girls sang but once I find out I'll update this post :)

~Seunghee had her moment to shine when she covered "Ugly" by 2NE1. She started off acoustically (she played the guitar herself!) and it grew from there. I think some WM trainees were her backup dancers. She really put her all into the performance... Her eyes brimmed with tears at one point and all you could hear from the audience was "Don't cry! You're so beautiful!". It was so touching ;_;

~The concert was a little bit longer today but that's because the girls talked a lot more. We even had a boys vs. girls vs. Oh My Girl screaming match hahahaha

~At one point Arin took a sip of water and a fanboy screamed "UWAH OUR ARIN IS DRINKING WATER!". She then proceeded to spit the water all over herself and the stage, she was so embarrassed hahaha

~During their thank yous, Binnie started to cry, which caused Mimi to cry, which set off Yooa and Jiho... Binnie ran off the stage at one point, I thought she was grabbing a tissue. Turns out she had written a letter which she read out. The stereotypical "kpop emotional moment piano music" started and all the girls started to bawl! Poor Yooa wasn't even using her mic and you could hear her sobs throughout the theatre. You can really tell these girls love each other and their fans. There was lots of group hugs. They got right back into the groove of things though with "Windy Day", and within the first few seconds, you couldn't even tell they were so emotional just moments before! (Side note: right before the lights went out after cryfest, Mimi screamed "TURN UP" and I died)

~Sandeul, Gongchan and CNU from B1A4 were in the audience tonight! My friend actually sat two rows in front of them and apparently they were fanboying hard, and were getting a kick out of the other fanboys. They also laughed at the girls for being so emotional, even CNU tagged one of his photos #crybabies. Jinyoung was unable to attend the concert because of his drama filming, but Gongchan tried to make up for it... Hehehe. Such good big brothers.

~Honestly this concert was 95% live, and I didn't hear one single botched high note. Seunghee held her Cupid note for FOREVER! Bravo, ladies.

I'm so not ready to go back to real life. I'm itching to see Oh My Girl again! Seriously, if you get the chance, GO SEE THEM. Such a fun, heart-warming experience!
https://www.reddit.com/r/kpop/comments/4yuuk0/fanaccount_oh_my_girls_1st_concert_summer/

Not many fancams so far.

Binnie playground fancam
Binnie Round About fancam

Top Bottom