• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

omfg twox is making a comeback after a three year hiatus

please anticipate based eunyoung's glorious return
WTF???

This could be comeback of the year, easily. Completely out of nowhere. Double up is still so damn good (I was actually listening to it a week ago).

llehuty

New girl group alert:
13912867_882470928554735_2872410664139164695_n.jpg

도로시(Dorothy) "A Day_M" - Purple Lips
Yo, this girl group debut is really good quality. It's also nice that they stand up in this sea of cute/quirky/sexy girl group debuts and they just go with a refreshing mature concept.

I belive they are the firs music group from this company that according to their webpage they ahve a very strong technological focus, so we will probably be seeing cool stuff in their MVs, like the projection stuff in this one.

Dice alert:
Hyeyeon doing some covers in some random live show.

llehuty

Just bumped into this youtube channel with parody clips. It's a bit hit and miss... but when it hits...

How produce 101 should have ended
T-ara message to QUEEN'S & Directioners (ENG SUB)

Which reminded me of these 2 classics posted already several times in here, but who cares:

Gurls' Generation [part 1]
Gurls' Generation [part 2]

I need more of these parody subs in my life!

So this is how WW3 (aka flag wars) begins, right?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Moving to Phoenix. Movers are putting stuff on the truck now, driving there starting tomorrow morning. So excite. This will also put me pretty close to LA in case I want to head out for special kpop events in the future.

I've been out of the interwebs for a couple of days for work reasons, i'm dead tired, gotta take some days off, seriously.

Blackpink "Whistle" remixed by Nugu Who? It's the best thing out of their debut.

Knets hating on Fany know nothing. I knew her snapchat addiction would get her in trouble eventually, good thing it happened to her and not Tae.

When will your Hyunas?

As always, social media and lapses in judgement are a bad combination. Sensitive history and often irrational fans/antis aside, this is ultimately on Tiffany for making a poor choice given all the factors involved.

2. Can we just have your posts at the top of the page all the time? I feel like this is how the thread needs to move forward from now on haha.
Depends on 50ppp vs 100ppp. Either way, could certainly see a few people taking issue with that...

New girl group alert:

Yo, this girl group debut is really good quality. It's also nice that they stand up in this sea of cute/quirky/sexy girl group debuts and they just go with a refreshing mature concept.

I belive they are the firs music group from this company that according to their webpage they ahve a very strong technological focus, so we will probably be seeing cool stuff in their MVs, like the projection stuff in this one.
This is decent, however the rapping is Bora-tier. Why force that in there if the member isn't capable even by "designated pop group MC" standards?

So Chinese netizens were cross when his Korean-Japanese ex Kiko was linked to a controversy involving the Japanese flag (among other thing). Now Japanese netizens are pushing back because of his Korean flag-related controversy.

I need a score card.

Better than "Momo," though I eventually got used to that song. Please do more songs like "Catch Me."

WJSN have multiple capable singers, though an unnecessary lineup of members and uninspiring song choices are dragging them down.

This group needs to be culled.

llehuty

·feist·;213843033 said:
This is decent, however the rapping is Bora-tier. Why force that in there if the member isn't capable even by "designated pop group MC" standards?
I had to laugh at her last line being "The rap is done now". It's like the songwriter was just going through a checklist.

No No Eul

Reposting Eunyoung (circa 2013) for old times' sake:

Two X (‎투엑스)‬‪ RESTART 2016 - EUNYOUNG (은영‬) ver.

WTF???

This could be comeback of the year, easily. Completely out of nowhere. Double up is still so damn good (I was actually listening to it a week ago).

I really like the intro track to that mini. Shame it's only 30 seconds long.

In other 9muses news, they were blocked out of their first win in a music show this week, with I.O.I taking their first win. A bit bittersweet...

Really happy for I.O.I
even if it is only The Show. Does that count as a proper music show win? :p

·feist·;213843033 said:
WJSN have multiple capable singers, though an unnecessary lineup of members and uninspiring song choices are dragging them down.

This group needs to be culled.

The way they were promoted prior to their debut, I kind of assumed they were going to perform as seperate units in a manner similar to NCT. I guess that's not happening though.

The way they were promoted prior to their debut, I kind of assumed they were going to perform as seperate units in a manner similar to NCT. I guess that's not happening though.
Same. I think the original Exo approach could be very effective so long as the members are willing, management is capable and fans are receptive. WJSN have "only" 3 foreign members, and I wouldn't be surprised if most (none?) of the Korean members were not proficient at any other languages. Apart from Seola and Dawon having sung in English I'm not sure about the others.

Why have so many members if you aren't going to do concurrent promotions in different countries/regions?

Random: I appreciate you keeping the thread on topic with your posts on Wu Qian and Best Popu Lady Yu Shan.

llehuty

·feist·;213857040 said:
Same. I think the original Exo approach could be very effective so long as the members are willing, management is capable and fans are receptive. WJSN have "only" 3 foreign members, and I wouldn't be surprised if most (none?) of the Korean members were not proficient at any other languages. Apart from Seola and Dawon having sung in English I'm not sure about the others.

Why have so many members if you aren't going to do concurrent promotions in different countries/regions?

Random: I appreciate you keeping the thread on topic with your posts on Wu Qian and Best Popu Lady Yu Shan.

I think the problem they have is that the group is not popular enough to start dividing the fanbase, that is probably too thin as it is. The late addition of Yeunjung just indicates that they are in panic mode and with not a clear idea of what to do with the group. It's a similar case to CLC, girl groups way less succesful than their antecesors, which isn't a good look. Starship can fall back on Sistar at least, which seem like they are stronger than ever, Cube on the other hand:

*4minutebotgraphs.jpg*

Yes Two-X! Wonder which members are left. I was a big fan of 'Ring Ma Bell.'

I'm into Cosmic Girls too. Love that kind of mellow vibe of the song and the MV is beautiful (looks like a No Man's Sky planet). I feel the rap is unnecessary though, but it's not distracting either. They're really banking on Yeunjung's fame as well it seems.

ramyeon

Just a heads up for anyone in Seoul or planning to be in Seoul in September. Korea Tourism Organization (Full disclosure I work here) is putting on a Kpop Concert to celebrate the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics. Wonder Girls, WJSN, Beast, Shinee, Gumm, B.A.P and some others are performing. Tickets are free for non-Korean residents. You just need to apply through the website here: http://www.pyeongchangkpopfestival.com/?LID=ENG Worth checking out I reckon.

At first, I loved Whistle and hated Boombayah. Whistle is kinda weird, but it quickly clicked for me. Boombayah on the other hand seemed like a typical YG garbage filler track. But the more I listen to Whistle however, the more bored I grow of it. Never has a track fallen out of my favor faster. Boombayah on the other hand is a grower. Liking it more and more every time I hear it. Not too fond of the rapping parts, but love the build up to the chorus and the chorus itself.

Most surprising though, is that Jisoo is a massive disappointment. She's a better vocalist than I was assuming, but I don't like her voice. She seems to be a sub par dancer. Objectively speaking, her visuals are striking, and I expect her to be drowning in CF deals in the future. Personally speaking though, it's like she aged a decade since the Spoiler mv. Definitely the least interesting member in the group for me at this point. Of course, hard to tell what they're really like with YGs aversion to variety appearances. I want to hear more of Rose and Jennies accents. So tired of the boring ass American and Canadian English we're subjected to in kpop. It's not even the interesting kind of Canadian English talking aboot this and that, eh? We need more idols from the British Isles and Oceania. Also eagerly awaiting the first South African-Korean idol.

Just a heads up for anyone in Seoul or planning to be in Seoul in September. Korea Tourism Organization (Full disclosure I work here) is putting on a Kpop Concert to celebrate the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics. Wonder Girls, WJSN, Beast, Shinee, Gumm, B.A.P and some others are performing. Tickets are free for non-Korean residents. You just need to apply through the website here: http://www.pyeongchangkpopfestival.com/?LID=ENG Worth checking out I reckon.

I wanna go to the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics. Will there be any kpop concerts around then?

ramyeon

I wanna go to the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics. Will there be any kpop concerts around then?
Couldn't say for sure right now but I would be shocked if there weren't heaps of events like this happening around the Winter Olympics. Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism will be pushing it hard.

Pendulum

One and only baddest female.

Fresh from her time spent in the States doing.... what?
edit: or is this actually part of the US stuff? Help me out here AgentChris.
edit: apparently it is. It only took 2 years. Guess that's quick by YG standards.
I know Scooter Braun is handling the US stuff

edit: realised the date is Big Bang's 10th Anniversary. Where's that full MADE album, eh?

most important edit: what's Black Pink up to right now?

edit: apparently it is. It only took 2 years. Guess that's quick by YG standards.

edit: realised the date is Big Bang's 10th Anniversary. Where's that full MADE album, eh?

I'm hoping this is her Korean comeback but me thinks this is some US stuff. It says first single so that is a little confusing- what was Hello Bitches?

Blackpink is probably going back into the dungeon in a couple weeks.

Big Bang needs to comeback soon cause TOP is gonna be enlisting next year. I've seen Instagram vids of Taeyang and GD in the studio so who knows.

ramyeon

I'm hoping this is her Korean comeback but me thinks this is some US stuff. It says first single so that is a little confusing- what was Hello Bitches?

Blackpink is probably going back into the dungeon in a couple weeks.

Big Bang needs to comeback soon cause TOP is gonna be enlisting next year. I've seen Instagram vids of Taeyang and GD in the studio so who knows.
Supposedly her "Official" American debut.

But who really cares at this point?

We have Blackpink now.

Have to assume the Olympics quote is a troll, miscommunication, simple error or something along those lines.

If true, you couldn't possibly shake your head or roll your eyes enough at that comment. Yes, Tiffany made a poor choice. It doesn't call for ridiculous sporting references or wishing she would "join her dead mother."

R1920x0

I think the problem they have is that the group is not popular enough to start dividing the fanbase, that is probably too thin as it is. The late addition of Yeunjung just indicates that they are in panic mode and with not a clear idea of what to do with the group. It's a similar case to CLC, girl groups way less succesful than their antecesors, which isn't a good look. Starship can fall back on Sistar at least, which seem like they are stronger than ever, Cube on the other hand:

*4minutebotgraphs.jpg*
I agree. By mentioning whether "fans are receptive," I meant accepting of the group as well as simply being there in significant enough number to warrant promotions. Despite the members' backgrounds, you can't do shows in countries without a sufficient fan base.

I've not paid attention to their China activities outside of a few events. Pendulum could speak to that better than I can.

우주소녀 미기 보나 섹시댄스 직캠 in 복겅사업대학
우주소녀 WJSN Cheng Xiao 성소 & Xuan Yi 선의 Dancing Beyoncé - Sweet Dreams

Your CLC example is perfect. Both groups have clear talent and merely needed stronger songs. How many CLC fans asked for additional members?

Most surprising though, is that Jisoo is a massive disappointment. She's a better vocalist than I was assuming, but I don't like her voice. She seems to be a sub par dancer. Objectively speaking, her visuals are striking, and I expect her to be drowning in CF deals in the future. Personally speaking though, it's like she aged a decade since the Spoiler mv. Definitely the least interesting member in the group for me at this point. Of course, hard to tell what they're really like with YGs aversion to variety appearances.
From pre-debut to now Jisoo was the one I found the least interesting. The stages and bits of media exposure have helped improve how much I like her or find her interesting.

Vocally, Rosé seems to stand out more to me as well,. Like I mentioned before though, I need more live singing samples from all of them to be sure. To reference Red Velvet, Wendy is the most capable overall singer among them, yet I don't like her tone anywhere near as much as I like Joy's and Seulgi's. Until further evidence, Jisoo may be Wendy to Rosé's Seulgi/Joy. We'll see...

PInk Tape

Banned
So the choreography/a section of EXO's Lotto has leaked. Video is hella blurry. (edit: video was taken down by SM)

You'd think at this point SM would have put a lid on the person who keeps leaking this stuff. As for the song itself (if it's the official version) I like what I'm hearing so far.

----------------------------------

They should just announce a release date for that album & RELEASE it. Nobody is here for another under performing single/go back and scrap everything/not do anything until next year & still tease that it's coming mess.

This is great ^^

Eldren

Apparently. Though I've not seen the the video, and the text in the screenshot being used touted on Twitter doesn't say that.

I'm guessing this is the video. There are celebrities who have done worse things, including committing actual crimes, but this seems like it's going to roll on for a while longer. SM should put out a statement saying she's going on hiatus to "reflect", cancel this year's TTS comeback
they should do that anyway
and have her lay low until the gayos or maybe even the new year. Clearly her apology didn't mollify anyone.

So the choreography/a section of EXO's Lotto has leaked. Video is hella blurry. (edit: video was taken down by SM)

You'd think at this point SM would have put a lid on the person who keeps leaking this stuff. As for the song itself (if it's the official version) I like what I'm hearing so far.

The song is already out. I don't like it, it has too much Autotune :/
Bring me down (the second new track) isn't bad though.

Draxal

I'm guessing this is the video. There are celebrities who have done worse things, including committing actual crimes, but this seems like it's going to roll on for a while longer. SM should put out a statement saying she's going on hiatus to "reflect", cancel this year's TTS comeback
they should do that anyway
and have her lay low until the gayos or maybe even the new year. Clearly her apology didn't mollify anyone.

Iunno, this was topical, it's like making a Taylor Swift joke if there was a snake attack in the news.

Top Bottom