• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Pendulum

Even I don't like CL's new song. Cringe vibes.

oh shit.

---

(near) Top of the page Black Pink
CMdeN8I.jpg

llehuty

*Black pink 1 paragraph rant*
I agree, the group has nothing going for them, exccept from visuals. We have no idea of their live vocals, no idea of how is their dancing in a full performance, no idea of their personalities. The music is catchy and that's it. Them, as a group, are just a bunch of question marks.

And we are talking about the most hyped group in a while, that were supposed to kill SNSD...

The funniest thing is, this apparently is enough to get fans.

Pendulum

And we are talking about the most hyped group in a while, that were supposed to kill SNSD...

Who said that?

edit: I'd wager Twice was more hyped, with probably more onus put on them to dethrone SNSD what with them being a 9 member group and all (don't you just love symbolism?). Black Pink had as many questions about them as proponents pre-debut; and still do 'cos YG can't properly promote.

llehuty

Who said that?

Not kill SNSD, SNSD-like group, got it twisted in my head. Interview of YG from 3 years ago:

"In all honesty, I wanted to create a group like Girls' Generation. It's not an area where I'm an expert in but I wanted to create a group of pretty girls who could sing well. I don't know if it's because of a tendency I have, but I focus more on talent over looks. Even if someone is so beautiful, if they don't have the talent that I want, it won't work."

He continued, "I was also quite jealous of Girls' Generation. I thought...what if a bunch of pretty girls do hip hop? When I look at Wonder Girls I always thought it would be fun if they sang YG style songs. However, as time passed, my plans started to fall apart. I originally chose the girls because they had cute faces, but since they fell short on the talent I had required, it went from dozens of girls to only 6 left. Even at this point, I still don't think I can be 100% satisfied. I'm not sure if the group will consist of 5 members or 3."

Yang Hyun Suk also said that he may debut a boy group first, "I'm going to think more carefully about the girl group. I'm thinking of debuting a boy group first. If it's a girl group, it will be this year. At the latest, I plan on introducing them in the beginning of next year."
Bolded mine because I found it funny.

luso

Boss★Moogle;214110774 said:
I'm really pissed KBS kicked Tiffany off Slam Dunk. The outrage culture that is taking over the world, where a few vocal bullies who hide behind the cover of the internet are somehow the supreme authority on everything, really irks me.

The worst is news outlets spreading false timeline of what happened, but at least some reported the correct sequence of events recently and questioning that news anchor remark. Regardless, this was way blown out of proportions, I mean, it was a 3 minutes dumb mistake and she apologized... it seems people needed some frustration channeling and this was the opportunity. Plus shes a woman and a "foreigner"...

Holy auto tune, not a fan of this song at all.

I hate auto-tune.

Yuri x Seohyun "Secret" MV

They look so good, goddamn.

Damn they are sexy. From awkward maknae to slayer queen.
The song is ok a decent electro-dance track.

llehuty

Who said that?

edit: I'd wager Twice was more hyped, with probably more onus put on them to dethrone SNSD what with them being a 9 member group and all (don't you just love symbolism?). Black Pink had as many questions about them as proponents pre-debut; and still do 'cos YG can't properly promote.

Yeah, but we had seen Twice's talents already before debut. There were things to be attached to.

Even Red Velvet, which had almost zero pre release hype, they managed to pull a couple of videos to see thier dancing and singing.

I just find it weird that they are promoting promises instead of actual talent of any kind.

When do you expect we'll see Blackpink again? Their schedule on the YG website is empty. Crazy to think that Whistle got a PAK and they aren't even going to perform it again this month.

I just find it weird that they are promoting promises instead of actual talent of any kind.

Isn't that how YG works anyway?

Not saying BP or anyone else from YG aren't talented. But they're always hyped up to ridiculous levels and usually fall short of everyone's expectations.

I mean we got teased last time for Solar 2.0 yet here we are still waiting for it after how many years now? It's ridiculous imo.

Pendulum

Yeah, but we had seen Twice's talents already before debut. There were things to be attached to.
They're one of the exceptions to the norm though. Although we've seen a rise in pre-debut reality shows in recent years, we don't usually get to fully know a rookie group until they've got some stages, and even some YouTube vids or tv appearances under their belt.

Even Red Velvet, which had almost zero pre release hype, they managed to pull a couple of videos to see thier dancing and singing.
Yeah, and likewise we've seen some pre-debut videos that show some of the Black Pink members dancing/singing/rapping - although admittedly most are a few years old - but in addition we got Jennie/Rose featuring on other YG artist's songs.

(there was nothing regarding Joy pre-debut, but at least we got something regarding every Black Pink member, even if Jisoo's stuff was all acting/model based)

We're in agreement here. Can't fault us faulting YG's promotional plans. But the questions regarding the members at debut aren't out of the ordinary for a rookie group - I just think the situation is heightened by their success on the charts/YouTube and how YG has gone about the group in this last week since debut.

Cmagus

I hate auto-tune.

I feel the same. I picked up the album on iTunes and funny enough I find that the auto tune doesn't sound as bad on the album version. Maybe it's just me but the music video feels like it's really pushing it harder.

Niks

Boss★Moogle;214110774 said:
I'm really pissed KBS kicked Tiffany off Slam Dunk. The outrage culture that is taking over the world, where a few vocal bullies who hide behind the cover of the internet are somehow the supreme authority on everything, really irks me.

Was there a press release about this or anything? Or did they just kicked her out without any statement?

Hokuten

Neo Member
Sigh. CL's song has some good vibes, but pretty "cheap" as someone said.

As for Black Pink's Whistle Dance Practice Video, it quickly made me compare them to other in sync groups (red velvet). It was kind of disappointing to see them like this. Songs are still jams though.

Also - really loving the new SM Station Secret track

neoism

fuuck yes was waiting for no texxt pics..

����������������������

also poor fany ������ poeple are such motherfuckers... it just blows my mind... and shell probably quit SC and insta over it if sm didnt already tell her too and tae will probably quit also in supporting her friend....

��

fuuck yes was waiting for no texxt pics..

����������������������

also poor fany ������ poeple are such motherfuckers... it just blows my mind... and shell probably quit SC and insta over it if sm didnt already tell her too and tae will probably quit also in supporting her friend....

��

2XqLyQm.gif

Boss Mog

��

It has me so upset right now. Out of all the kpop stars that I've seen, she really seems to be the sweetest who doesn't have a mean bone in her body, always smiling and thinking of others.

I remember how Yuri cried speaking about her in the 1st episode of Invincible Youth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwSIm4a2pY&feature=youtu.be&t=1h8m52s

Or how on Slam Dunk, when Sook said she had a soar throat when they met up one morning and later that day Tiffany brought her some immune boosting vitamins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJEdIgSvrwg&feature=youtu.be&t=1h3m46s

That's the kind of girl she is. And for these assholes to drag her in the mud and dare talk about her dead mother is absolutely repugnant and way more outrageous than what Tiffany did.

I really enjoy Slam Dunk and Tiffany was absent a lot due to her SNSD schedule but she recently said that she was now free and would focus on Slam Dunk and I was happy and for this to happen now, it's just such bullshit... *sigh*

PInk Tape

Banned
EXO - Lotto on Music Bank

The tidbits of unautotuned vocals make me sad b/c it makes me think of how great the song could have been ;__; Choreography is ok; I want to see a dance practice before I really judge it.

Also it's weird that they made them change it from Lotto to Louder; I guess KBS isn't too fond of gambling.

ReP57VJ.gif

seriously NCT Fetus unit

Yikes you weren't kidding

The teaser kinda reminds me of:

red-velvet-1st-single.jpg

BlackPink's schedule for this month

*sigh* I hate YG.

llehuty

Dead at NCT Fetus (and them probably being a success already). SM planting the seeds for the male AKB48.

LABOUM(라붐) 1ST MINI ALBUM "LOVE SIGN" Highlight medley
Cutest highlight medley ever. Album sounds really good also. I think the title track will smash
in this thread.
And Solbi looks fantastic.

[MV] Jay Park, Kirin (박재범, 기린) - 'CITY BREEZE'
Song is from last week, but they just released the MV.

NELL(넬) _ Dream catcher
Meh, quite boring.

Like clockwork, right after some SM idol scandal, lol.

roaSone

Sojung's studio version of 'I Don't Love You' is incredible, can't find a streaming link to share here though.
But I found a direct download, if any of you want it, pm me.

vanty

Isn't the no BLACKPINK performances scheduled because of Jennie's ankle or something?

In better news oh my Gyuri

CqN4iNmUkAEvOCg.jpg

^ lmfao I thought you meant that it looks like his red shirt with the bright background looks like a JPN flag but then I saw the N. Korean flag emoji. Mess!

llehuty

^ lmfao I thought you meant that it looks like his red shirt with the bright background looks like a JPN flag but then I saw the N. Korean flag emoji. Mess!
lmao, didn't notice the pic.

The guy now changed the flag to the South Korean one... but US and South Korea are allies... this guy!

Pendulum

Isn't the no BLACKPINK performances scheduled because of Jennie's ankle or something?

Has that been confirmed though? Only news I read was about the initial injury, then her being able to continue filming the "Boombayah" stage after treatment.
They're likely to win Inkigayo this week. It would be great to see them there to accept it.

---

Speaking of shows, I.O.I got their 4th win with "Whatta Man", this time on one of the main music shows - Music Bank.

Sojung's studio version of 'I Don't Love You' is incredible, can't find a streaming link to share here though.
But I found a direct download, if any of you want it, pm me.

I personally like the TV performance more by a bit mainly because it's got some rough edges/grit to it.

The album version on the other hand is indeed incredible, even more so as it's almost 1:1 to the TV performance, the only thing is missing is that roughness to it as it sounds too clean.

Either way, it's one of the best things I've heard all year.

Pendulum

Has that been confirmed though? Only news I read was about the initial injury, then her being able to continue filming the "Boombayah" stage after treatment.
They're likely to win Inkigayo this week. It would be great to see them there to accept it.

Grain of salt because I read it on OH just now, but someone said that they and their friends got into Black Pink pre-recording for Inkigayo this week.

Another grain of salt because it's "an insider", but it's said YG will be making their own reality show.

---

edit:
Spelling NCT Fetus names out with blocks is appropriate.

llehuty

^^^^ What shade? The I love Seoul part?

We make fun of NCT Fetus, but I'm not even phased at those ages anymore, with people like Somi already debuting at 15, Tia debuting with 14 and Punch from 1Punch debuting with 13.

Pendulum

We make fun of NCT Fetus, but I'm not even phased at those ages anymore, with people like Somi already debuting at 15, Tia debuting with 14 and Punch from 1Punch debuting with 13.

A whole bunch of veteran idols debuted at 14/15. I think what's setting this NCT unit apart from me is the imagery of children's clothes, crayons, and play blocks. (The tween market is a big one and I understand SM directing some of the multi-faced NCT towards it. I just make fun 'cos I'm old and goddammit look at that Chenle kid he's right out of diapers)

Loci

Eunyoung is the goat nugu, Double Up was so good

Rose>Jennie>Jisoo>Lisa
Their songs are played left and right everywhere in Seoul.
Didn't like them first but damn, YG delivered again.

Lotto is terrible

I listened to CL's track without the MV and have to say .. I actually kinda like it lol, has some nice vibes during the chorus. Then I watched the MV and welp, nope.

I never imagined I'd say this one day but that Yuri and Seohyun thingie does nothing for me. Just feels like they are way over their prime and should focus on other things

^ Taeyeon on the other hand tho... her solo stuff is so good, too. /bias

I'm still debating whether I should go to this concert ramyeon mentioned earlier. It's a huge sausage fest with sausages I don't even like.. and I'm German. At least it has WG and is free so there's that. Might actually be more interesting to check out Pyeongchang.

^ hahaha lmao, what's up with Tymee shaking her ass

Top Bottom