• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Who keeps peddling the bullshit in Korea that In N Out is the best? Watching GFriend fall in love with that overhyped burger was a little disappointing. Too bad there isn't a Whataburger in Cali, that right there is a legitimate American burger, not the tropical burger that INO sells. Sidenote, I do love me some In N Out but it's not worth going out of my way for thousand island dressing so eh.

Shake Shack ain't that great either. I finally had the chance to try it last month in Austin and it was a perfectly average burger. A little better than In N Out of course but it wasn't anything to be really hyped about. Mamamoo should've went for some Five Guys bacon cheeseburger... that's heaven right there.

Any no spoilery impressions on season 3 and 4? I know it's probably difficult to repicate the vibes from the first season, but the second one is just ughhh.

The 2nd one is all vile and nasty coz Sangmin's by himself and nobody had the balls to stand up against him like what Kim Gura did in S1. It didn't help that a lot of people think Sangmin should've won S1 instead of Jinho so a lot of players tended to gravitate towards him.

I personally don't like S1 and S2 since a lot of the successful people in the games are the manipulative SOB's like Sangmin and Gura. You could argue that being a manipulative SOB is a "genius" move and many may find it entertaining, but it often set up for very lopsided teams and it was just annoying to watch, though it also made it more satisfying to watch the underdog win.

I skipped S3 so I can't tell you that much but I have a feeling somebody realized that being a manipulative SOB isn't a good thing coz when somebody tried to do it in S4, they were quickly eliminated.

As for S4, like I said, the players are a lot less manipulative so it's more fun to watch. But let's just say that it's somewhat of a predictable ending, to the point that you already know who the top dogs are just by looking at the list of players and those same top dogs are basically the people who last long enough to get to the end.

ramyeon

Who keeps peddling the bullshit in Korea that In N Out is the best? Watching GFriend fall in love with that overhyped burger was a little disappointing. Too bad there isn't a Whataburger in Cali, that right there is a legitimate American burger, not the tropical burger that INO sells. Sidenote, I do love me some In N Out but it's not worth going out of my way for thousand island dressing so eh.
Not just Korea, In 'N Out has crazy hype here in Australia too. They had a pop up store a few months back in Sydney and they were sold out before they even opened due to the amount of people lined up, they had to cut off the line and tell people they couldn't serve them.

Pendulum

Gain comeback "soon"
Cq_PhJ3W8AAEuYb.jpg

---

Solar & Wheein (MAMAMOO) - Angel teaser
Hwasa & Moonbyul (MAMAMOO) - DAB DAB teaser

---

Woohee plays as Bastion

Is the thread almost over..?

I like these formations:

Cosmic Girls/WJSN ——— [Dance Practice] 우주소녀(WJSN) _ 비밀이야 (Secret)
[Mirrored] WJSN(우주소녀)_Secret Choreography(비밀이야 거울모드 안무영상)_1theK Dance Cover Contest
[4K] 160817 우주소녀 (WJSN, Cosmic Girls) 전체 직캠 비밀이야 (Secret) [THE SECRET 쇼케이스] by Spinel
Let's Dance: WJSN(우주소녀)_Who is the Secret Girl that Sleep Talks in two Languages?_Secret(비밀이야)

WJSN's song "Secret" has grown on me after finally watching a single stage. It's better than "Momomo," and more interesting (high watermark, I know). Nine Muses meets Apink meets SNSD? The group has at least 3 good singers in Seola, Yoojung and Dawon. Overall, depending on language, seems around ~6-7 decent vocals, a few good dancers and Exy can actually rap (though not necessarily displayed well on their minis).

Early on, Exy's UPRS2 stint and Cheng Xiao's acrobatics seemed to bring them the most attention. Now with Yoojung on-board attention from fans and media has increased appreciably, which was obviously their company's intention.

Always liked Yoojung so I approve of the addition, despite thinking WJSN's lineup was already too large. I've only now listened to The Secret. It's much better than Would You Like? mini, with "BeBe" and "Robot" being standouts. Interested to see where they go from here.

WJSN Secret Countdown English Subtitle (56min, 17sec)

Sunmi x @Star1 ("Why are you So Beautiful") ——— 앳스타일 선미 촬영 현장 스케치

Fei x @Star1 ——— 앳스타일 페이 촬영 현장 스케치 [YouTube link]

Han Hyo Joo for Grazia ——— 그라치아 2016년 9월호 (통권 제 82호) 한효주 화보 촬영 스케치

BoA, Seulgi & The Red Velvets, others ——— [bnTV-SPOT] SM군단 출동! (레드벨벳,강타,보아)

Lee Sung Kyung (Elle Beauty Pouch) '세젤예' 이성경의 뷰티 파우치

Hani x Dazed Korea September Issue clip 1 || direct link: https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/14133002_293733464329267_432020242_n.mp4
Hani x Dazed Korea September Issue clip 2 || direct link: https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/14175799_1248158138548511_237799427_n.mp4

[BEST5] 9MUSES A (Best Female Songs)
Nine Muses A switch choreo positions ——— 나인뮤지스A '입술에입술' 파트를 바꿔봤다

Choi Yoojung (IOI), Simon D & Gray, others ——— HIGH CUT vol. 180 Jung Ryeo Won, Choi Yoo Jung, Simon Dominic, GRAY, LAUREL , Sulli, Yoon Si Yoon

I.O.I promoting food they're forbidden from eating:
[SSTV] 아이오아이(IOI), 완전체일 때가 제일 예뻐~ ‘팬들과 함께한 소중한 추억, 사랑해요’

And because every group is now legally obligated to do it...
I.O.I(아이오아이) 'Whatta Man' 2X Dance (2배속 댄스!) [슈퍼주니어의 키스더라디오]

Chaeyeon ——— [Official CeCi TV] jung chae yeon_september 2016

Chaeyeon, Key, others ——— [NO CUT] 다이아 정채연 "연기 도전, 회사서 말렸지만 하고 싶었다" (혼술남녀, 제작발표회, DIA, Chae Yeon) [통통영상]
Chaeyeon, Key, others ——— [NO CUT] 다이아 정채연(DIA Chae Yeon) '혼술남녀' 제작발표회 포토타임 (샤이니, 키, 정채연, 다이아) [통통영상]
Chaeyeon, Key, others ——— ★샤이니 키-다이아 정채연 노량진 공시생으로 변신!, '혼술남녀' 제작발표회★

han hyo joo, sohee, hyuna, suzy sometimes, seolhyun, uee, lee sung kyung, wjsn, nana, kyungri, nayoung, seungyeon, naeun, seohyun, sunmi, hani, best hyorin, jisoo, yeeun, gfriend, chaeyeon

don't post often, so clearing a bit of my "backlog"

Pendulum

Terrible.

I guarantee her POTG is just her sitting in a corner in turret mode.

Doesn't even use a skin. Worst idol ever.

·feist·;215327064 said:
Always liked Yoojung so I approve of the addition, despite thinking WJSN's lineup was already too large.

(Yeonjung. This is Yoojung...)

·feist·;215327064 said:
Speaking of Jisoo, we also got Jennie and Lisa from the same shoot, but no Rose...?

I've had an eye-opener. I am fucking into Blackpink, their songs (especially Whistle) are so hot. I was reluctant since I'm usually not into YG stuff, so I was surprised to see this group pull it off without having that typical tryhard vibe which is just off-putting to me. The members are also really hot. It's like damn, YG stepped it up with this group. The blonde one is everything.

ramyeon

I've had an eye-opener. I am fucking into Blackpink, their songs (especially Whistle) are so hot. I was reluctant since I'm usually not into YG stuff, so I was surprised to see this group pull it off without having that typical tryhard vibe which is just off-putting to me. The members are also really hot. It's like damn, YG stepped it up with this group. The blonde one is everything.
Black Pink is fucking great. People were saying Whistle got boring for them after awhile but I've been listening to both songs at very least once a day since release, they're both fantastic.

Jisoo and Jennie are life.

Only complaint is I wish they had released at very least a complete mini. And I want to see them on TV more but it's YG so...

Thanks.

Black Pink is fucking great. People were saying Whistle got boring for them after awhile but I've been listening to both songs at very least once a day since release, they're both fantastic.

Only complaint is I wish they had released at very least a complete mini. And I want to see them on TV more but it's YG so...

Yea I feel these songs will be played lots, they're just really hype. Which reminds me I was actually really into 2NE1 when they debuted, they had a solid debut album. It's a shame BP has just 2 tracks, but it still put them on the map so maybe it's not a bad thing. Hopefully they'll have an album for their next promotions, they need one!

·feist·;215327064 said:
Is the thread almost over..?

Nah.

Americans just started school, plus there seems like a dearth of comebacks this last few weeks so it definitely feels like death.

Somebody earlier mentioned that RV was seen filming Weekly Idol so I'm guessing they've got something on the way?

+1 at Jisoo and Jennie. Here we have another example of a J-line being the best parts of a group lol.

What is up with YG and their lack of appearances on other networks?

It seems like YG hates anybody else not named SBS but at the same time, G-Dragon is off doing his own thing with Infinite Challenge(especially recently since he's part of the Infinite Company movie), so it doesn't make sense to me.

No No Eul

Rotta's released a new photobook, available on Etsy if you're interested.
Of course you are.

It's a shame BP has just 2 tracks, but it still put them on the map so maybe it's not a bad thing. Hopefully they'll have an album for their next promotions, they need one!

Last I heard, YG's plan for Blackpink was going to be similar to Big Bang's MADE promotions, so eight songs released in reasonably quick succession, each with a music video. Goodness knows if that's still true though.

JohnCYQ

Last I heard, YG's plan for Blackpink was going to be similar to Big Bang's MADE promotions, so eight songs released in reasonably quick succession, each with a music video. Goodness knows if that's still true though.

Winner fans are still waiting for the complete EXIT (album? mini? single? idk), of which only E and X have been released, and that was at the start of the year.

llehuty

YG works thanks on fan thirst and people filling the blanks to fit their expectations. Of course you won't see them on TV, where they aren't allowed to re-record shit until they reach the appropiate swag quota.

I still don't get the Black Pink hype, they haven't shown any kind of talent yet except for visuals. So far I guess we can stan their producers and marketing team.

Peru

I don't necessarily care for YG hype but I applaud anyone not dancing to the tune of music show PDs. We've seen enough reports on how tv stations use music show appearances (at great cost to labels) as currency towards accepting the artists on TV otherwise. This despite the fact that performing the same song and routine to a measly audience four times a week is completely pointless marketing.

llehuty

INFINITE 2016 Comeback Teaser
I'm not even hyped after their string of consecutive shit releases. Seeing Bad as their music video with more views pisses me off.

Apparently I.O.I girls are singing this OST song:
아이오아이 (I.O.I) - 사랑해 기억해 (I Love You, I Remember You)
I can only recognize Chungha and Somi.

NU'EST - 02. RLTL (Real Love True Love)
I'm really liking the glitchy production, very Taemin/Shinee-esque. The mini is solid, really cohesive collection of chill songs.

기로(GIRO), 자이누 "DECALCOMANIE" (Audio only)
I like the mature sounding voice with the trendy R&B synthy beat.

Winner fans are still waiting for the complete EXIT (album? mini? single? idk), of which only E and X have been released, and that was at the start of the year.
Only E has been release :(

The way YG has handled Winner has been a joke. They took over the K-Pop scene like no one has and then YG sends them into exile for a full year. Not even subunit or solo stuff in between.

Indignate

Yo I don't post here often, but you guys actualy liked the chorus to Boombayah cuz I just can't.

Or is it just Whistle yall into cuz I can get behind that.

Peru

BoA only posting photos of herself playing golf these days.... often with Lee Soo-Man himself. What deals are being struck.

Yo I don't post here often, but you guys actualy liked the chorus to Boombayah cuz I just can't.

Or is it just Whistle yall into cuz I can get behind that.

Most of us didn't, I think. Boombayah is ok, decent fun, but hardly stands out. Whistle has more character... but I have to admit they need to put out some more stuff to convince me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
She lowkey went Carrie on them at the end there. I think she's saying to forget about her and just love Hyosung.

No No Eul

RV hype! Wendy totally rocking that look, even though everything about that teaser image is kind of a mess.

Hopefully Seulgi's hair can be rescued from whatever disaster has befallen it.

Hellix

Unpretty Rapstar S3 Ep.4
The disses episode. I'm hoping this episode manages to inject some life to this, so far, lackluster season.

Baby J may literally be a baby. She is always crying when the camera is on her. It was shitty for Euna Kim to essentially get tagged team by her and Miryo. On a positive note, Soyeon continues to impress. From my view, it looks like Nada is also making the most out of her UPRS exposure--one of the few I like on the show. My top 4 so far: 1) Soyeon, 2) Euna Kim, 3) Giant Pink, and 4) Nada.

Top Bottom