• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

PInk Tape

Banned

I like it.

Obvious observation: It seems like they're trying to murder each other using the most cartoonish methods possible, lol.

Hi all, k-pop fan in training here. This thread seems (slightly) less catty than the thread for general pop, so hoping to find a home here and find ways to keep up with all the stuff being churned out every day.

Just to get the judging out of the way quickly, my favs are BESTie.

Welcome! As llehuty said there are BESTie fans here so you'll fit in fine :)

Are you excited for any comebacks this month?

Going back and listening to Hate makes me so sad. R.I.P 4minute. :(

:(

I was listening to the Act. 7 mini a couple days ago too ;__;

AReed

tumblr_od1fb5GjeP1ti7fhko3_540.gif

Gonna be lit fam

tumblr_od1fb5GjeP1ti7fhko5_540.gif

Boss Mog

I noticed that KBS World Live suddenly stopped working in the US a few weeks ago, anybody know what's up with that? It says "not available in your country" now.

Welcome! As llehuty said there are BESTie fans here so you'll fit in fine :)

Are you excited for any comebacks this month?
Thanks! And I wouldn't know, really :(

Until recently, I had a friend who's super into k-pop and would send me youtube links throughout the day, and that all got filtered into the handful of groups I like today. Now I'm fending for myself and have no idea where to start.

Becasue "eye-contact" versions clearly weren't enough...

[M2]Selfie MV_WJSN-Secret

Skin pore closeup versions next.

Jiyoon (2yoonMinute) ——— [bnt화보] 전지윤 화보

Heize ——— [bnt영상] 파란 머리 헤이즈, 파격부터 청순까지 4색 매력 공개

Eunha (Gfriend) ——— [bnt영상]은하 화보
Eunha (Gfriend) ——— [bnt-INTERVIEW] 액션영화가 보고싶은 '은하'의 애교 폭발 현장..!

SBS Pitch King ——— DIA, WJSN (Cheng Xiao), Shin Soo Ji

Cheng Xiao focus ——— 160902 [CAM2 - 우주소녀 성소] 내일은 시구왕 - 최고의 시구왕을 뽑아주세요!

Main Cam - 160902 [MAIN] 내일은 시구왕 - 최고의 시구왕을 뽑아주세요! - 우주소녀 성소 , 다이아, 신수지

Chaeyeon/Dia focus ——— 160903 [MULTI CAM] SBS Pitch King - DIA FOCUS

Cheng Xiao ——— ‘마리텔’ 우주소녀 성소, 서핑슈트 몸매 화제…건강미야? 섹시미야?

R1920x0

·feist·;215327064 said:
Is the thread almost over..?
Nah.

Americans just started school, plus there seems like a dearth of comebacks this last few weeks so it definitely feels like death.

Somebody earlier mentioned that RV was seen filming Weekly Idol so I'm guessing they've got something on the way?
Heh. That was because I normally only make posts that large around the final page of each thread. Is orangecaramel the only one who'd get that reference? He doesn't even like K-Pop, though...

Two X ——— [4k Fancam/직캠] 160903 투엑스(Two X) - 꽂혀 (Over) @인천 스카이페스티벌
Eunyoung focus ——— 160903 투엑스 (Two X) OVER(꽃혀) [은영] 직캠 Fancam (인천공항스카이페스티벌) by Mera
투엑스 Two X[4K 직캠]Over 꽃혀@20160903 Rock Music

WJSN (Partial English) ——— [K-Poppin'] 우주소녀 (WJSN) Interview

[60 fps] 우주소녀 (WJSN) - BeBe 교차편집 (stage mix)
[60 fps] 우주소녀 (WJSN) - 비밀이야 (Secret) 교차편집 (stage mix)

R1920x0
R1920x0
R1920x0

R1920x0
R1920x0
R1920x0

SM Ent. Girlz did another concert filled with numerous covers such as "Happiness" and "One of These Nights," among others

Has another group from one of the larger companies consistently done this much non-original material pre-debut?

They also brought out I.O.I:

Pledisgirlz concert guest I.O.I talk - 0903 플레디스걸즈 콘서트 아이오아이 토크

Top Tier PG Minkyungg & Eunwoo ——— 160813 플레디스걸즈 쌍둥이자리 (gemini) 김민경 정은우 직캠

Pledisgirlz ——— 0903 플레디스걸즈 경원데이 bye bye my blue

Pledisgirlz ——— 160903 정은우 같은곳에서

Pledisgirlz ——— 20160903 플레디스걸즈 PLEDIS Girlz - 마지막 인사

Pledisgirlz ——— 20160903 플레디스걸즈 PLEDIS Girlz - WE
Pledisgirlz ——— 플레디스걸즈 PledisGirlz (시연) WE @160903 플레디스걸즈 콘서트 [4K 직캠]
Pledisgirlz ——— 160903 플레디스걸즈 콘서트 정은우 We직캠

R1920x0
R1920x0
R1920x0

R1920x0
R1920x0
R1920x0

R1920x0
R1920x0
R1920x0

R1920x0
R1920x0
R1920x0

Hi all, k-pop fan in training here. This thread seems (slightly) less catty than the thread for general pop, so hoping to find a home here and find ways to keep up with all the stuff being churned out every day.

Just to get the judging out of the way quickly, my favs are BESTie.
Welcome. Bestie = great.

Baek Best Yerin is truth. Lim Kim can release music which isn't boring. Reminisce about that past era when Exo released good music. Watch GOAT multi-group dance collaboration (not to be confused with GOAT Backup Dancer). Support Hoody.

Listen to Oh My Girl and Red Velvet. Watch WJSN's ascension from bottom-tier to mid-level group, and beyond... Go into 10-year cryosleep in anticipation of BlackPink's next release.

Alternatively... do try the OP playlists and recommendations to see what else you like.

Peru

lol @ the Twice TV episode of just Tzuyu, Dahyun and Chaeyoung hanging out at the arcade for their school break. Nothing happens. But two of the best Twice members.

llehuty

[Teaser 1] Gain(가인) _ 'Carnival' Preview 01
"Be more beautiful than death"
OH BOY!

Yezi(예지) X Babylon(베이빌론) [chase(끌려다녀)] Pre-listening
Yay, more Yezi!

DJ Wegun - Our Lives (Feat. 박재범 & Ugly Duck) (Teaser)
Sounds good. I always end up liking the production in AOMG.

Why did no one tell me about this nugu??

RUI - Exciting (Showchampion EP.198)
This song is so bad it's good and is now my new jam. Apparently she's from Japan trying to make it in the Kpop world. This song ain't gonna do it for her, but I think she's kinda cute in a weird way.
Wow, thanks for sharing. I was wondering why it doesn't have a MV yet, but I shouldn't surprise me when they are using the spanish google translate voice as sample just at the beginning of the song.

I'm not a fan of Red Velvet output, but this is spcially bad. It goes nowhere.

JKTrix

It's pretty bubblegum-standard pop, which is not what we expect from them (for a title song) at all. It's pretty disappointing in that sense, at least for those of us who liked what they did before. (Not that I speak for everyone.)

Without that context it's a nice safe song. I like the video, as violent as it is. Hope the full choreography is cool.

Kuno

Looking forward to this just based on the visuals alone... :O

Wow, thanks for sharing. I was wondering why it doesn't have a MV yet, but I shouldn't surprise me when they are using the spanish google translate voice as sample just at the beginning of the song.

That's hilarious. You can tell her company has zero money, but somehow she's performing on a lot of TV shows these days.

I went looking for more info about her and noticed that (what seems to be) her official Twitter has only 15 followers. It's hard out there for a nobody.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
V0V8Jg2.gif

*deep breath*

It's not like it's terrible. It's a cute pop song somewhere between Kylie Minogue and Japanese SNSD. However, there were zero surprises. ZERO. No stank, no flava, no sauciness, no blend, no innovation, no challenge. The Red was the greatest kpop album of the last 6 years and now this? Is this SM overreacting to SNSD is going down in a fireball while GFriend tops the charts? Did they run out of f(x) rejects to spruce up with a clear vision? I'm going to hold out hope because I saw Shinee release Odd/MttM after garbage like Everybody, but this is not how to treat your premier girl group defining the new generation of your company.

I need to check out the rest of the album. I really hope they didn't fully give in to pressures of convention.

I've never been that into RV's sound, that type of pop-music. It's unique and it gives them a distinct sound which I appreciate, but I don't really care for it. So I actually really like Russian Roulette, perhaps because it's safer and more 'generic' .. it's just really cute. Their styling is a bit questionable though.

roaSone

Seeing all that was said, I was actually afraid to listen to it. Well, it's not that bad to be honest, it's safer and blander than usual but it's still okay I think.
Time to give a shot to the whole mini.

Edit: Gentlemen, we do have a banger in the mini. 'Some Love'. All in all it does sound easier to please the general audience but it's still RV quality.

It's pretty bubblegum-standard pop, which is not what we expect from them (for a title song) at all. It's pretty disappointing in that sense, at least for those of us who liked what they did before. (Not that I speak for everyone.)

Without that context it's a nice safe song. I like the video, as violent as it is. Hope the full choreography is cool.

This, it's ok, same as the ballad earlier this year, i expected more but the rest of the album is great. The MV is awesome, they look specially bad tho, except for Irene and some Wendy, the teaser pics are horrible, they even ruined Seulgi with that horrible hair. smh SM.

Red Velvet not stepping up to the plate is ok though, we already got one fantastic bubblegum pop on steroids release this summer: LABOUM(라붐) _ Shooting Love(푱푱)

But who cares about Laboum tho.

LMAO

This is merely okay.
Solid visuals per usual, though after one listen the song doesn't do much for me. Seems it's likely to remain "okay" and "alright" even after more listens.

I've played The Velvet less than any other RV mini/album. I like ballads and yet it's too ballad-y for me, when what I want from velvet songs is more R&B; down-, mid-, uptempo whatever. That said, people may have found the single and or mini disappointing but "One of These Nights" is a good song.

Haven't yet heard the rest of the new mini, so hopefully there are some stronger efforts than "Russian Roulette."

Red Velvet not stepping up to the plate is ok though, we already got one fantastic bubblegum pop on steroids release this summer: LABOUM(라붐) _ Shooting Love(푱푱)
You could argue this sounds somewhat like a hybrid of Red Velvet's "red" and "velvet" concepts musically. The high energy pop gives way to moments of R&B-like melodies and beat changes. While I'm not saying they've been influenced by RV, it is funny that a few of the choreo elements also look a bit like "Dumb Dumb" and perhaps "Ice Cream." Again, I'm simply drawing a parallel. There's no agenda or deeper implication here, and zero sarcasm. None of these similarities are based on particularly distinct or highly original traits.

llehuty

·feist·;216069780 said:
You could argue this sounds somewhat like a hybrid of Red Velvet's "red" and "velvet" concepts musically. The high energy pop gives way to moments of R&B-like melodies and beat changes. While I'm not saying they've been influenced by RV, it is funny that a few of the choreo elements also look a bit like "Dumb Dumb" and perhaps "Ice Cream." Again, I'm simply drawing a parallel. There's no agenda or deeper implication here, and zero sarcasm. None of these similarities are based on particularly distinct or highly original traits.

Sure, I agree, but I honestly don't care about its origins, I'm in as soons as it sounds both fresh and good.

But who cares about Laboum tho.

LMAO
I care about good music, how about you?
*check avatar*

oh...

:p

No joking needed. While Taeyeon is a good singer with a nice voice a fair portion of her output tends to range from boring to okay. Avatars need to be honest and accept that quite a few people feel the same about many of her songs. The last time someone made a similar observation in this thread one of her GAF fans became defensive and needlessly snarky.

Ailee had a great debut with "Heaven." Since then she has produced a number of dull songs despite having top level singing ability with a stylistic and emotional range* that I find outpaces Taeyeon's.

As much as I've liked her, none of those things changes how underwhelming most of Ailee's output is.

It happens.

*Mind, unless I've missed some changes, Ailee still needs to improve on her ability to emote.

Remember when y'all thought RV was top 3 next next gen girl group? I'd argue they're not even in the top 5 anymore.

lol @ the Twice TV episode of just Tzuyu, Dahyun and Chaeyoung hanging out at the arcade for their school break. Nothing happens. But two of the best Twice members.

You're talking about the rappers right as the best members?

mr_chun

tumblr_nfja5ofRiB1t0b7dco1_500.gif

Just saw some of the SNSD girls on "Better Late Than Never" on NBC. Kinda surreal seeing them during primetime on a major network. The dudes are in South Korea for this episode. William Shatner tackling/laying on top of Hyoyeon will be a gif.

EDIT: Oh wow. Yeah. That is not my favorite RV single. I dig Irene's look though.

Top Bottom