• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Wow I can't believe a thread like this exists on GAF. How awesome!

My favorite singer currently is Luna from f(x)...I know everyone loves Krystal or Amber, but I think she easily has the best voice in the group and I'm happy they've let her launch a solo career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0S3knWIdrY

"All Mine" by f(x). Her voice really shines on this song. Pretty standard EDM fare but good stuff nonetheless.

tumblr_oao90ggV1X1sxpjiro5_400.gif
tumblr_o7zx4ieXsl1tyhuflo2_400.gif

milkham

Wow I can't believe a thread like this exists on GAF. How awesome!

My favorite singer currently is Luna from f(x)...I know everyone loves Krystal or Amber, but I think she easily has the best voice in the group and I'm happy they've let her launch a solo career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0S3knWIdrY

"All Mine" by f(x). Her voice really shines on this song. Pretty standard EDM fare but good stuff nonetheless.

tumblr_oao90ggV1X1sxpjiro5_400.gif
tumblr_o7zx4ieXsl1tyhuflo2_400.gif

She may be the nicest person in the group

llehuty

Them floating in that dal shabet cover is bothering me. Anyway, I'm really curious to see which flavour of Shinsadong Tiger they are getting this time around now that T-ara is AWOL.

DJ Wegun - Our Lives (Feat. 박재범 & Ugly Duck)
Looks like AOMG has a new solid producer in their lines.

Speaking of AOMG producers, one of the tracks in Jieun's mini was produced by Cha Cha Malone.

GOT7(갓세븐) "하드캐리" Choreography Teaser Video
Now we BTS...

Ym1r

혹시, 한국어 배우는 사람 있어요? 저는 한국어 수업 6달 듣는데 한국말 잘 못해요.

더 공부해요, 제 쓰기 괜잖지요? 근데 제 말기 스킬 진짜 안 좋아요. 어떻게 해야 돼요?

Anybody else learning Korean? I've been learning for like 6 months total now, but I feel like I can't speak well. I have to study more, I think my writing skills are okay, but when I try to speak it I just kind of have a nervous breakdown. I'm scared I might sound dumb if I say something wrong or something. I have great pronunciation in the classroom, my 선생님 says I'm the best, even out of her advance classes, but when I get out I sound so nervous it ruins my pronunciation and I sound super 외국인. I have a ton of Korean friends, even a Korean girlfriend, but I can't speak for my life still. I don't know why it's so different outside the classroom.

Anybody got some tips to get over the "anxiety" of speaking outside the classroom? I was thinking of just sucking it up and being fearless and hope that they understand I'm a foreigner learning their language and so if I mess up it's okay but I still feel embarrassed when I'm corrected. Btw if my Korean writing up there sucks pls help, my vocabulary is dinky.

Pendulum

ramyeon

Anybody else learning Korean? I've been learning for like 6 months total now, but I feel like I can't speak well. I have to study more, I think my writing skills are okay, but when I try to speak it I just kind of have a nervous breakdown. I'm scared I might sound dumb if I say something wrong or something. I have great pronunciation in the classroom, my 선생님 says I'm the best, even out of her advance classes, but when I get out I sound so nervous it ruins my pronunciation and I sound super 외국인. I have a ton of Korean friends, even a Korean girlfriend, but I can't speak for my life still. I don't know why it's so different outside the classroom.

Anybody got some tips to get over the "anxiety" of speaking outside the classroom? I was thinking of just sucking it up and being fearless and hope that they understand I'm a foreigner learning their language and so if I mess up it's okay but I still feel embarrassed when I'm corrected. Btw if my Korean writing up there sucks pls help, my vocabulary is dinky.
Speaking isn't really about study. You do actually just have to get over the fear of being wrong and realise you're going to make mistakes. Like all the time. Some of them minor, some of them potentially embarrassing. But that's okay, because that's what learning a language is all about. I'll be real with you - people that are good at learning languages are good at it because they are able to put all that shit behind them and just... talk.

You have Korean friends. Use them. Go out with them, get drunk with them, talk about stupid shit in Korean. If you want to take your speaking to the next level you have to be comfortable with using the language. Comfortable doesn't mean perfect, it means you're accepting of where you are and open to being corrected.

one tip is to keep talking basic stuff to korean friends everyday. like " hello!" what's you name? how are you doing?
then ask stuff in public like: what time is it? Where is the bathroom? or i have to go to the bathroom. this is stuff you can ask at a restaurant to anyone and get a response.
to your girl say: i'm hungry! make me some food! i'm tired! stop talking ;)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It is the hardest part but it is true, you have to be willing to suck. I guess try your best to remember all the foreigners you've heard speaking English terribly. Even when you have trouble understanding them and it takes some time and repetition or questions to comprehend what they're trying to say, it's always admirable and kind of endearing, right? Well now you are that guy.

It can be somewhat helpful just to find a program with phrases you practice and practice and practice saying to "overlearn" and give yourself some confidence in at least something to say out loud to others, if only just to get the ball rolling and show your mind that you can speak the language out loud in social settings, but ultimately there is no getting around the fact you'll have to creatively construct sentences to respond to people and speak to new contexts of circumstance and thought.

I had a friend from Korea who was only trained in English there, so when she came here she was preeeetty bad. The biggest hurdle was that she never asked questions correctly or with the up tone at the end, so it would always sound like she was just making a random statement and we were like "ah..." until she explained she was asking a question. Well after a few years she was totally fluent, but one night she was talking about how different she still felt here compared to home, and how "she used to be funny" because she was very clever and always making people laugh, but in English showing that side of herself is hard.

I guess what I'm saying is even when other people think you're doing great, you'll feel weird and inept. For a long time you'll be comparing to your communicative ability in English and feel inadequate, but others will just see you trying. In another way it's kind of like a super hot person being self conscious about how they look. To you they're just hot, but to them they are comparing to what they consider their best and feeling too far below it that day.

Keep calm and say dumb shit.

Ym1r

Alright I guess I just gotta be bold -lel- 감사합니다!

to your girl say: i'm hungry! make me some food! i'm tired! stop talking ;)

어떻게 말해요?
배고파! 음식 만들어! (아니면 요리해! 더 괜찮아요?)
나 피곤해 말 안해

Demoskinos

halp do any of you know where to get Desktop sized K-pop images? Was looking to replace my desktop with some Blackpink but alas google image search failed me. :(

Alright I guess I just gotta be bold -lel- 감사합니다!

어떻게 말해요?
배고파! 음식 만들어! (아니면 요리해! 더 괜찮아요?)
나 피곤해 말 안해

the first two are perfect! bae go pa! um shik man du-duh.
put a "Ya!" or "Yobo!" in front of either to get a reaction like a slap or a long lecture in korean.

that's how to learn korean the right way =P

Boss Mog

Awesome. Nice to meet you too, and everyone else as well.

tumblr_md33d4ckBy1rhuscpo1_500.gif

Nice to meet you. I like you already cause of your Tiffany gif. It really sucks what's happening to her; I really hope she can recover from it. Meanwhile Jessica's snide comment to her international fans gets praised by Korean netizens. What a sad and sorry bunch they are. Tiffany would never be so rude to fans. Anyway, welcome.

Pendulum

Boss★Moogle;217698653 said:
Meanwhile Jessica's snide comment to her international fans gets praised by Korean netizens.

She wasn't wrong though. Jessica already goes between Korean, English, and to a lesser degree Mandarin, when posting to social media and people need to deal with the fact that she's not going to translate every thing she says for everyone - especially when she's replying to someone.

ramyeon

Nice to meet you. I like you already cause of your Tiffany gif. It really sucks what's happening to her; I really hope she can recover from it. Meanwhile Jessica's snide comment to her international fans gets praised by Korean netizens. What a sad and sorry bunch they are. Tiffany would never be so rude to fans. Anyway, welcome.
한국말로 번역 좀

Boss Mog

She wasn't wrong though. Jessica already goes between Korean, English, and to a lesser degree Mandarin, when posting to social media and people need to deal with the fact that she's not going to translate every thing she says for everyone - especially when she's replying to someone.

Nobody is asking her to. There's just no need for her to be rude about it is what I'm saying. If she absolutely wanted to say something then she could've phrased it a little more respectably especially considering these are her fans she's addressing. Even just ignoring it and saying nothing at all would've been a better way to handle it then being snide.

Kuno

Wow, that was pretty amazing.

Is it just me, or does this look kinda cringey? Maybe it'll turn out ok.

Have you guys posted your I.O.I rankings?

1. Nayoung
2. Sejeong
3. Chaeyeon
4. Chungha
5. Somi
11. Yoojung
11. Yeonjung
11. Jieqiong
11. Doyeon
11. Mina
11. Sohye

Pendulum

Cao Lu is finishing up on WGM, Bomi is joining.

edit:
I.O.I is a tier-based group.

:O
Chungha, Sejeong, Yoojung

:D
Doyeon, Nayoung, Pinky, Somi

zzz
Chaeyeon, Mina, Sohye, Yeonjung

Thanks!

Speaking of Tiffany, here's my favorite TTS song "Stay"

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=TTS+stay

Great subgroup!!

f7a30153c8f78cf2764567437b06f5fe643175f4_hq.gif

No No Eul

Top Bottom