• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

The one giving the peace sign is Tiffany from SNSD.

tiffanydaum3.gif

Yea I had just realized it was her and took down question. Thanks for answering!

Fany brighter than mushrooms.

What does this mean?

Ah Fany for Tiffany. Hm I've never been big on SNSD but Tiffany does seem great. I think I've been converted into a fan.

giphy.gif

Tangeroo

What does this mean? Ah Fany for Tiffany. Hm I've never been big on SNSD but Tiffany does seem great.

Specifically, in their earlier days, Tiffany (ie Fany) used to introduce herself by saying "Brighter than gems Tiffany" or "Bosuk boda bitnaneun". But because she was raised in the US, her Korean was always a little weak so it sounded like she was saying "Busut boda bitnaneun" which translates to "Brighter than mushrooms". It became a thing.

Specifically, in their earlier days, Tiffany (ie Fany) used to introduce herself by saying "Brighter than gems Tiffany" or "Bosuk boda bitnaneun". But because she was raised in the US, her Korean was always a little weak so it sounded like she was saying "Busut boda bitnaneun" which translates to "Brighter than mushrooms". It became a thing.

Thanks for the explanation. That's kind of hilarious :D

Speaking of Fany, she sent out a random IG Story today. Maybe she's finally getting back on social media?

Though most likely she fucked up and meant to use her private IG instead of her public one.

IIRC the background was either a shitton of skittles or something similar then this text: #922. Dunno what that means so I didn't really care lol.

keep it that way, you have much to learn

So I should learn about them or not? Two statements seem to contradict each other heh. I've always liked them fine, just not a huge fan of the music the way I like f(x), Apink, or Kara for example.

Just listened to Tiffany's solo album. Really only liked "Once In a Lifetime" unfortunately...Oh well TTS is still great.

Feel bad for Tiffany and the situation with her controversy. I usually don't keep up with anything going on outside of the actual music with K-Pop.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
So I should learn about them or not? Two statements seem to contradict each other heh. I've always liked them fine, just not a huge fan of the music the way I like f(x), Apink, or Kara for example.

Just listened to Tiffany's solo album. Really only liked "Once In a Lifetime" unfortunately...Oh well TTS is still great.

Feel bad for Tiffany and the situation with her controversy. I usually don't keep up with anything going on outside of the actual music with K-Pop.
too much to learn about them, just check out their songs whenever and you'll be fine.

do you like Orange Caramel? what about After School? they're pretty cool

too much to learn about them, just check out their songs whenever and you'll be fine.

do you like Orange Caramel? what about After School? they're pretty cool

Really like Orange Caramel when I'm in the mood for that kinda stuff. They nail it. I'm a lot less familiar with After School, but I definitely like what I'm hearing right now.

You and I will get along.

Luna fan?

Boss Mog

Thanks!

Speaking of Tiffany, here's my favorite TTS song "Stay"

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=TTS+stay

Great subgroup!!

f7a30153c8f78cf2764567437b06f5fe643175f4_hq.gif

TTS is my favorite Kpop subunit for sure. Love their acoustic cover of Destiny's Child "Cater 2 U"

Ah Fany for Tiffany. Hm I've never been big on SNSD but Tiffany does seem great. I think I've been converted into a fan.

giphy.gif

Fany is one of my favorite celebrities, kpop or otherwise. She's so sweet and caring and positive despite all the crap she's had to deal with. She's talented and hard-working too. Heartbreak Hotel is my favorite SM Station track and I so wish this was something that existed as an official recording I could buy.

If you like Tiffany you should check out her various reality shows if you can find them online. KBS has subbed episodes of Sister's Slam Dunk on its KBS World Youtube channel (up to episode 12). I mean you won't get to see what her dream was since she was removed from the show, but it was fun to see her working with JYP for Min Hyorin's dream and the show is actually pretty funny at times, good chemistry between the women.

Have you guys posted your I.O.I rankings?

I don't have a ranking per say but I do favor certain members.

-Nayoung (she's older, she's tall, she's pretty)
-Yoojung (the cutest)
-Chungha (overall super-talented girl)
-Yeonjung (probably the most talented vocally, hopefully JYP will give her a better chance to show off her vocal skills than in Dream Girls)

I still like the others just these stand out a bit more to me for the reasons I stated.

Dont worry, you'll eventually learn about everyone.

No No Eul

Twice's official group colours have been unveiled, which definitely don't resemble the Produce 101 colour scheme in any way.

Clearly it's meant to be a subtle indication that Somi will be joining Twice when I.O.I disbands.

Speaking of Fany, she sent out a random IG Story today. Maybe she's finally getting back on social media?

Though most likely she fucked up and meant to use her private IG instead of her public one.

IIRC the background was either a shitton of skittles or something similar then this text: #922. Dunno what that means so I didn't really care lol.

She was wishing Hyoyeon a happy birthday.

Actual pantone numbers rather than just a 'periwinkle blue' kind of description. Damn I haven't seen a group take fan colors this serious in a while.

Is it just me in this board that they don't even seem to be like idol rappers, but more in line with AOMG rappers? It's just so awkward to see how they go hard in these performances when I know they moonlight as idols that cater to mostly young girls.
I agree with what you said. Labels like AOMG and Illionaire seem less try hard than idols rappers. Cringe happens too often.

llehuty

I agree with what you said. Labels like AOMG and Illionaireseem less try hard than idols rappers. Cringe happens too often.
But Dok2 IS the definition of cringe and try hard. I'll give you Aomg, although Jay Park does sometimes cross the line.

Less cringey is probably Brand New Music.

Red Velvet "Sunny Afternoon" kinda my jam right now...

That bridge and the bass/drum stuff going on right after is life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKS57OPxRN4

Also gonna take it back to one of my favorite K-Pop songs/productions ever, "Mr Chu" by Apink. Production is so on point! A great blend of the cutesy stuff with some really great songwriting/melodies/chord and key changes as well. I would love to know of more music like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5H-GvnNz2Y

Gintamen

Boss★Moogle;217924901 said:
Speaking of Brand New Music, I can't believe how low the viewcount is for Verbal Jint's song that features Taeyeon. The song is so good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpqg5ofLGk

They should have romanized Taeyeon's name in the title; it probably would've helped fans find it better.
Wouldnt fans get the album and listen to it anyway. Album was released shortly after I so it was probably a vis a vi deal? Was happily suprised to hear her too thought. :p

Putzweg

Listened through Gain - End Again. Talk about missing the mark. Its like they ordered a Talk about S 2.0 with no hits or melodies!

Have you guys posted your I.O.I rankings?

Nayoung > Sejeong > Chungha >> Yoojung >>> * >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sohye

Exo X YJS song is seriously a bop. I never considered Jaesuk a particularly good looking guy like at all but its impressive how at almost 45 he can dance in the middle of a bunch of stunning early 20 year olds and barely stick out.

ZoddGutts

I thought Tiffany got booted from Unnie's Slam Dunk? Why is she still in all the new show clips on youtube?

If you mean the newer eps in Korea it's because it's too difficult to edit her out so they kept them until she left the show. In Youtube KBS World I doubt they would spend any money on editing her out, it's 10 eps behind than it's KBS TV broadcast. Anyways wonder who will replace her, she's easily replaceable since she was rarely on it to begin with and didn't feel she connected with the crew because of it. She was only close to Jessi because they already knew each other beforehand.

Boss Mog

If you mean the newer eps in Korea it's because it's too difficult to edit her out so they kept them until she left the show. In Youtube KBS World I doubt they would spend any money on editing her out, it's 10 eps behind than it's KBS TV broadcast. Anyways wonder who will replace her, she's easily replaceable since she was rarely on it to begin with and didn't feel she connected with the crew because of it. She was only close to Jessi because they already knew each other beforehand.

I don't really know what your talking about Tiffany said she loved Slam Dunk and right before her incident she reassured fans that were complaining about her low presence on the show that her solo and group activities were over and that was was devoting herself fully to Slam Dunk from then on. Also the show said right after they removed her that there would be no replacement and the show would go on with just 5.

ZoddGutts

Only watched to what was been shown on KBS, the fansubs are kinda bad and hard to read for the further eps, she was hardly in the show guess she had more of a presence later? Not getting a new member is fine I suppose, though if they did add another member it doesn't have to be an idol wouldn't have mind another comedian added.

Excited for Dal Shabet. Hope it's as good as Someone Like U, or even better like B.B.B. But still, where the fuck is Minx? What the hell are Happy Face doing?

Two new Chinese trainees in SM Rookies. Ning Ning and Yiyang:

CsuL3xRUkAItubC.jpg:large
CsuLuFEUAAARI_W.jpg:large

Ning Ning seems to be a pretty decent vocalist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVH1lD0AVBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKYikvrnEys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_j-zmZmHcs

So does this mean we'll be getting a new girl group from SM fairly soon-ish then? I haven't paid that much attention to the SM Rookies project but as a casual observer, it seems like the time between being revealed as an SM Rookie and actually debuting in a group is relatively short, like a year or so.

Also, I wonder if SM's next girl group will be unit-based like NCT.

I would be surprised if SM debuted a new gg much earlier than 2018. The youngest rookie they have promoted so far is like 13 years old or something. As for your second question, dear god I hope not. That unit bullshit sucks.

Peru

Some popular AKB48 members performed for wealthy investors in Seoul recently, hopefully we get our Korean48 group soon.

Nayoung > Sejeong > Chungha >> Yoojung >>> * >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sohye

This is my exact rating. Not to be mean, but how did Sohye rank 5th in voting?

Top Bottom