• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Peru

I'm a ... busy guy. Still the shortlist will be done this year.

The Apink song isn't bad at all. However they're obviously facing a tougher challenge what with GFriend taking over their thing and it remains to be seen if this song is earworm enough.

Any of y'all going to CL's Hello Bitches tour?

Thinking about going to the one in Dallas but at the same time, I dunno if I want to spend a minimum of $70 to spend a night with Blackjacks.

Boss Mog

This is my exact rating. Not to be mean, but how did Sohye rank 5th in voting?

Man I so agree with you guys about Sohye. Whenever I watch the "Whatta Man" video I say to myself, why is that girl even there? Not trying to be mean but she doesn't seem to show off any charm or charisma, she just kinda feels like an extra in the background.

Mina is another somewhat forgettable member. In fact, for a second, I had to ask myself why she wasn't in "Whatta Man" but then I remembered that she's actually in Gugudan with Sejeong.

Pendulum

And in everyone-saw-it-coming news...

Sunhwa's leaving Secret, having not renewed her contract.

Agency says it will support the remaining 3 in their activities (and no mention of any upcoming comeback). That sounds to me like confirmation of the girls doing their individual activities and the Secret name being used for branding/media recognition.

Luminaire

Getting the same vibes, thus it's good.

ryan-ts

Agency says it will support the remaining 3 in their activities (and no mention of any upcoming comeback). That sounds to me like confirmation of the girls doing their individual activities and the Secret name being used for branding/media recognition.

We'll always have Invincible Youth

sunwha-foil-curtains.gif

4992c6b85c52a077a89a9c8da38800eef48271aa_hq.gif

The Apink song isn't bad at all. However they're obviously facing a tougher challenge what with GFriend taking over their thing and it remains to be seen if this song is earworm enough.

Tbh, I think this song will start a "revolution" for A-Pink if you will. I know this is only one track but it kinda feels like they're doing away the "pure and retro" sound they've always had.

Like this is still an A-Pink track through and through but instead of the whimsical/musical theater-like chord progressions and song structure, it's more of a modern K-Pop R&B track with A-Pink's traditional flare of pure and retro.

The MV has also ditched the A-Pink formula. The MV totally lacks the innocence they've always had in their old MV's and instead of opted for a traditional eye-fncking and subdued dance moves.

I'm currently listening to the album and a majority of the songs aren't the standard A-Pink material... it's actually really interesting to listen to because it's so different from what they did before. I'll probs have my full thoughts tomorrow after I go through all of it, but so far so good.

Oh shit, Drummer Boy is fucking fantastic! Why the fuck isn't this the single instead??? It reminds me a lot of f(x)'s Airplane, and we all know how great that song is.

I'm more surprised that she has the pull to do something like this. I've always known her as blank paper Sunhwa lol.

llehuty

Where did this Bolbbalgan4 duo come from to top Melon?

It's because I posted about them, obviously. #trendsetter.

This duo hasn't been posted before in here. Nothing ground breaking, but pleasant to the ear: 볼빨간 사춘기/Bolbbalgan4/Red Cheek Puberty

싸운날
우주를 줄게 (Galaxy)

I'm feeling for the guitarris/rapper, that doesn't show her face in any official picture. She is reasonably featured in the MV though.

Kazzy

Any of y'all going to CL's Hello Bitches tour?

Thinking about going to the one in Dallas but at the same time, I dunno if I want to spend a minimum of $70 to spend a night with Blackjacks.

Exactly, you'd have to pay me!

-----------------------

Chuseok put me out of action for a couple of weeks, so what did I miss?

Cmagus

I like ANDA but I found this to be pretty boring overall, not a whole lot to the song.

Hmm I'm not a huge fan of most of the girl groups personally but I think this song is one of the better ones compared to their other singles so far.

llehuty

Chuseok put me out of action for a couple of weeks, so what did I miss?
Last 2 weeks recap:

Not much interest for the new Clazziquai album here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzFs7deVhA

Song Ji Eun released a new mini too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lXW5kRDHYw

Cuddler

So, 2BiC released a new single
but no one knows and they didn't even release a video
:
투빅 (2BiC) - Close to you (With 케이시 (Kassy))
투빅 (2BiC) - Close to you (With 케이시 (Kassy)) - Spotify
Such a good song, 2BiC and Kassy sounds so great in this (obviously), very different song from "When the starlight shines".
Nice song (besides that terrible sound/voice effect), kinda sound like a song a solo artist will release and not a girl group (usually) imo. I like the direction that Apink is taking, no particular concept used and a more mature sound.

llehuty

So, 2BiC released a new single
but no one knows and they didn't even release a video
:
투빅 (2BiC) - Close to you (With 케이시 (Kassy))
투빅 (2BiC) - Close to you (With 케이시 (Kassy)) - Spotify
Such a good song, 2BiC and Kassy sounds so great in this (obviously), very different song from "When the starlight shines".
First link is broken. Kassy should stick to singing. I don't know why she even tried in Unpretty Rapstar, she has a great voice.

Cmagus

I don't know why but I've had Big Bangs Bang Bang Bang stuck in my head all night and I don't know why.It came up in a playlist earlier and it's been stuck in my head since then. I'm also liking the new GOT7 single it's pretty good and I also like the son Fantasy by Fei it's pretty good, I've listened to it a few times tonight as well.

Pendulum

My eyebrows raised when I saw pictures of BESTie filming for Running Man. "Comeback?", I asked. Then I saw 100 idols filmed for the episode.

Oh shit, Drummer Boy is fucking fantastic! Why the fuck isn't this the single instead??? It reminds me a lot of f(x)'s Airplane, and we all know how great that song is.

Loved this!! Good to hear a great Apink song after that other one...I'm going to pretend it didn't happen. "Drummer Boy" is awesome! :D

This is just my kinda K-Pop. 내 스타일

tumblr_mgspi33aDO1qdcel5o4_250.gif

Top Bottom