• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Kazzy

Boss★Moogle;227402984 said:
I humbly disagree. Blonde Taeyeon is best Taeyeon. The reason she looked thinner with blond hair is simply because she was thinner, she definitely gained some weight back recently. Last year when they were promoting Lion Heart she was crazy thin. I remember the "You Think" performance on Inkigayo where she actually looked thinner than Yoona and Sooyoung while being way shorter than them.

#TeamBlonde

Yeah, she certainly did get very thin. Not a great look.

I think I'm going to be alone on the non-blonde thing though, haha! Though I will associate that look as 'solo' Taeyeon.

llehuty

Best Gayo HYPE!

Yeah, she certainly did get very thin. Not a great look.

I think I'm going to be alone on the non-blonde thing though, haha! Though I will associate that look as 'solo' Taeyeon.

No-blonde team here also, although she looks flawless with almost every hair styling.

No No Eul

I imagine is too much to ask, but I need No No Eul's updated playlist to make sure I'm not missing anything for my end of the year lists ;_;

I updated the playlist at long last. 225 songs added...

Victoria said:
vwUxNI2.jpg

U5ufpfJ.jpg

U47AyIa.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Jisoo 😍

Woolim please don't forsake Lovelyz in 2017. (now for them is about the time an agency would coast on venue performances with a girl group to move resources to boy bands)

I forget what songs came out this year. GF had some good ones on their album.

Happy 2017 k-popgaf. I made my best of '16 list the other day, I guess now's a good a time as any to post it here. To condense it to 10 would be too much, so I just made tiers. These are songs I legit jammed to, even the trash tier.

TOP TIER
Dal Shabet - Someone Like U
Brave Girls - Deepened
Hyosung - Find me
24K - Still 24K
Unicorn - Sun Shower (thx llehuty)
Berry Good - Don't Believe
P101 - In The Same Place
SHINee - Tell me what to do
Astro - Confession
Gfriend - Navillera

2ND TIER
Bada - Flower
Hyomin - Gold
Nu'est - Overcome
Stellar - Cry
Romeo - Miro
KNK - Knock
Black pink - Whistle
Oh My Girl - One step two steps
WSJN - Bebe
KARD - Oh Na Na

TRASH TIER
AOA Cream - I'm Jelly baby
A.CIAN - Touch
Monsta X - Stuck
Dia - On the road
UP10TION - So dangerous

llehuty

Happy new year people! Hoping for a fantastic 2017 for all of you and for kpop.

Will Bestie save kpop again?
Will Oh My Girl return to release perfect music?
How will DSP screw KARD over?
Will f(x), Miss A and Secret survive 2017 without disbanding?
Will SNSD... do something as a group this year?
Will Sungah survive as part of NaN Muses?
Will gayos be great again?
Will the reign of trash leader let up?

I'll try to finish my SOTY list of the year tomorrow, but looks like it's going to be quite redundant after the one pinkurocket posted, lol.

Will f(x), Miss A and Secret survive 2017 without disbanding?

Isn't Miss A basically disbanded with Jia not renewing her contract?

Anyway, presenting my song of the year, amassing 308 plays(and probably double this amount once I add in the play count from my iPhone) according to my iTunes:

Jungkey - I Don't Want(feat. Sojung of Ladies Code)

Within ballads this is actually my 2nd favorite out of the year, that honor goes to Urban Zakapa's I Don't Love You(also in my top 10 though) but I Don't Want was my gateway drug for Sojung.

The raw emotion from her singing, the adlibs, and the jazz chords and swing rhythm of the song intrigued me at the start and it feels like it doesn't want to do anything with it but when the bridge drops right into the chorus for the 3rd time... lawd baby Jesus. The short minute or so is musical heaven. No other K-Pop song in 2016 grabbed my feels and tore it apart in one fell swoop, and that's why I Don't Want is my song of the year.

The only other song that could compare to it is I Don't Love You by Urban Zakapa but it lost SOTY for me because while it's a technical powerhouse and also an absolute gutwrencher of a ballad, the music itself isn't as interesting as IDW and is more of a standard ballad. But as mentioned, IDLY is still in my top 10 but...

I'll post the rest of my list tomorrow as there's about an hour and a half left before 2017 hits Texas, so I'm off to get sloshed!

Happy New Year K-Pop GAF!

Eldren

This looks like a drama, what kind of incredible beauty

C1F3gBhWQAIW_wt.jpg:orig

Actually can someone more talented than me make this an avatar please? Time for a change for 2017 I think.

Eldren

That looks great, thank you!

Also:
AOA - Bing Bing MV

I think this has the better chorus but Excuse Me is better overall, if only because Bing Bing is too Bravesoundy, with the constant HEYs in the background and Jimin sounding really high pitched. I like them both a lot though. Now on to the rest of the album...

Oh yeah happy new year kpopGAF. I meant to say it earlier but it's already like 3:30pm here so the day's mostly over already and I completely forgot.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Those new AOA songs are awful but Choa looks so good in Excuse Me. Yuna is also delightful as ever but there wasn't near enough Hyejeong in these. I've been really busy the past couple weeks but today I may check out a bunch of the linked songs in the thread.

Its always been a 3-way tie between Mina, Choa and Yuna for me.

Edit: I guess Im the only one who enjoys Jimin's raps. Dont hate on the South God Queen!

New year, new avatar! Gotta rep the OG's of girl groups to start with them being all 20th anniversary and comeback and all. Does anybody know when the hell is Paradise coming out?

These new AOA releases are just further proof that I needn't pay attention to them.

Anyway, here's the rest of my top 10 list:

1. Jungkey - I Don't Want (feat. Sojung of Ladies Code)
2. Kisum - Free Time
3. Bolbbalgan4 - Chocolate
4. Urban Zakapa - I Don't Love You
5. Jay Park - Solo (feat. Hoody)
6. Shinee - 1 of 1
7. SURAN - Paradise Go
8. Ladies Code - The Rain
9. Blackpink - Playing With Fire
10. Red Velvet - One Of These Nights

Honorable mentions:

Anda - Like Family
Hoody - Your Eyes (feat. Jay Park)
Bolbbalgan4 - Tell Me You Love Me / You (=I)
Big Bang - Fxxk It
Blackpink - Whistle
Crush - 9 to 5
Fei - Fantasy
HEIZE - Shut Up and Groove(feat. DEAN)
Lee Hi - Hold My Hand
Ladies' Code - Galaxy / Chaconne
Jay Park - The Truth is / Aquaman
Jay Park, Kirin - City Breeze
CL - Lifted
Ailee - Home / If You
Kisum - No Jam

Despite all the shittyness going on in the world, 2016 was actually a solid year for K-Pop... it might even be one of the best years in recent memory.

mr_chun

Not a lot of variety in terms of artists for my top ten this year. In alphabetical order:

Big Bang - Fxxk It
BlackPink - Stay
Block B - A Few Years Later
Block B - Toy
Gfriend - Gone With the Wind
Gfriend - Navillera
IOI - Very Very Very
IOI - Whatta Man
Mamamoo - Woo Hoo
Taeyeon - Why

Shoutout to 2015 songs that I still can't stop listening to:

Big Bang - Bang Bang Bang
Big Bang - Loser
Shinee - Married to the Music
Zion T - No Makeup

EDIT: Wife read the list and said that I listen to TT way too much to not have Twice on the list. Take Taeyeon out I guess.

Top Bottom