• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Not sure if this has been posted by nuguwatch (ll/Pendulum) already.

Seems like Park Gaeul from Produce 101 is going to debut in 2017 with a group called S*tory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXlbpJMPocM

Park Gaeul with the blonde hair. I think I've mentioned her before. She dropped out pretty early of P101, but I was hoping she might get picked up by a bigger agency than Astory since she got a pretty good response to her first performance, even though she didn't manage to live up to it during the 2nd round. She's a good all-rounder like Yoonjung, capable of singing, dancing and rapping. Seems like she's stuck with Astory though.

As for the group, I'm not expecting much. Can't remember any other Astory trainees from P101, if there were any others participating. They seem alright. Song is a bop, though I'm unsure if it's theirs or a cover. The other two songs they are performing is TT and Mr. Chu.

Imgur album

koZQJTD.jpg

Speaking of Irene. klogg is under fire from knetz and inetz alike, due to traumatizing Irene. Plenty of name calling along with demands that he be arrested and/or sued. This is the gif that people are assuming has traumatized Irene.

Will Oh My Girl return to release perfect music?

Why would they need to return, they never stopped. One dud out of the 4-5 songs they released/promoted this year and people are already jumping ship? Fuck you guys, you don't deserve OMG.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Did Irene actually say something about it or are overprotective fans presuming? Red Velvet have had that kind of outfit plenty of times so you'd think they would say something to the cordi about it.

Anyway speaking of fiddle he has some new pics of Hyosung being super dreamy.

I love both AOA tracks. Jimin needs to tone it down but I've learned to just accept her being there.
I was jamming to Bing Bing but then with Excuse Me at about 1:20 in the MV, I was sold.

llehuty

Why would they need to return, they never stopped. One dud out of the 4-5 songs they released/promoted this year and people are already jumping ship? Fuck you guys, you don't deserve OMG.
They have done two awful songs with Haha, 2 out of 5 singles is too much and worrying.

No No Eul

Both tracks are pretty solid IMO, despite Top Madam's best efforts. It's a shame the Bing Bing MV didn't feature any of that umbrella choreography from the teaser but I guess that will appear in one of the dozen different upcoming dance videos (please anticipate).

Speaking of Irene. klogg is under fire from knetz and inetz alike, due to traumatizing Irene. Plenty of name calling along with demands that he be arrested and/or sued. This is the gif that people are assuming has traumatized Irene.

Let us hope for their sake that they don't find all his other gifs.

—

Song of the year by a very comfortable margin:

Red Velvet - One of These Nights

Followed by:

AOA - 10 Seconds
Neon Bunny - Forest of Skyscrapers
Twice - Cheer Up
Hoody - Like You
Brave Girls - Deepened
Dal Shabet - Someone Like U
Blackpink - Playing with Fire
Shinee - 1 of 1
Kisum - Cover Up

Most disappointing song of the year:

Twice - TT

Most disappointing song of the year that actually turned out to be bloody amazing:

Red Velvet - Russian Roulette

Rookie of the Year:

Blackpink

Bias list wrecker of the year:

Queen Lalisa Manoban

Bias list ruiner of the year:

Jisoo

Best English language song by a Korean J-Pop artist:

JY - I'm Just Not into You

EP of the year:

Oh My Girl - Pink Ocean

Biggest clusterfuck of 2016:

Cmagus

Well since everyone else is doing lists I think I now how a final decision. I already did my top 5 songs which didn't really change much though.

It's been interesting listening to all this great stuff and although I only recently got into Kpop this year I can honestly say I'm a fan and have found that a good majority of my playlists have slowly started becoming more and more kpop.I'm glad I found this thread as well you guys are good at keeping things updated so it's always nice to see all the new stuff popping up.

Top 5 singles:

1. Red Velvet - Russian Roulette
2. BTS - Hey Mama (J-Hope)
3. Gain - Carnival (The Last Day)
4. I.O.I - M-Maybe
5. Twice - T.T

Top 5 Albums:

1. EXO-CBX - Hey Mama!
This is such a great mini album and overall the whole thing flows so nicely and it just has a nice upbeat, fun feeling to it. I will say it took me awhile to come around on the track 'The One" but it grew on me. I guess the only downside is I wish there was more,I mean how can you not be happy listening to this album.

2. I.O.I - Miss Me
This album was a surprise for me. Initially when I heard Very,Very,Very I though it was a catchy cutesy girl group pop song, which it is but the rest of the album was very unexpected. In fact I would say Very,Very,Very is one of the lower tracks on the entire album but the whole thing together is super catchy and a little harder than I was expecting, it's just a shame these guys are disbanding.

3. GOT7 - Flight Log: Turbulence
I loved this album, so much great stuff here and the album has a great range of styles going on. I feel it hits all the right notes whether it's a harder song or a slower song it's just a great listen.

4. Hyolyn - It's Me
Another solid album from Hyolyn( I may be a little biased), the whole album has an early R&B sound with some good old slow jams going on. Initially I was worried when I had read that the album rap heavy but thankfully that wasn't the case.

5. Taeyeon - Why EP
Another great little album, super upbeat and catchy. Not much more to say I just really enjoyed it.

Honorable mentions:
Gain - End Again EP
BTS - Wings
Fei - Fantasy EP
SHINee - 1 of 1

llehuty

Top 12 2016

pWYbVuS.gif

1.- Brave Girls - Deepened

eUutKY9.gif

2.- K.A.R.D - Oh NaNa

ZhTdGme.gif

3.- Dal Shabet - Someone like U

4.- Gain - Carnival (The Last Day)
5.- Yuri x Seohyun - Secret
6.- I.O.I - Very Very Very
7.- A.De - Good Time
8.- Hyoseung - Find Me
9.- Berry Good - Don't believe
10.- NCT U - The 7th sense
11.- Sistar - I like that
12.- SHINee - Tell Me What To Do

Was trying to make a top 10, but top 12 will have to do. All of them have gotten many replays on my end and I consider them classics already (specially the top 3).

Highlights of the 2nd half that could have made it to the top 10 on a different year:

TWICE - TT
100% - Better Day
SunnyHill - On the way home
LABOUM - Shooting Love
Uhm Jung Hwa - Watch Me Move
BLACKPINK - PLAYING WITH FIRE
SISTAR, Giorgio Moroder - One More Day
Crush U - EXO-CBX
Crayon pop - Doo Doom Chit
Fei - Fantasy
Ailee - Home (Feat. Yoonmirae)
DAVICHI - Beside me

Other songs from the 2nd half that deserve a special mention

EDM section
24K - Still 24K
D.holic - Color me rad
BOYFRIEND - Jackpot
WJSN (COSMIC GIRLS) - Secret (Nugu Who? Remix)
B.A.P - That's My Jam
Stellar - Crying
f(x) - All Mine

Experimental/alt section
Alice Vicious (a.k.a Livii) - Luna
Neon Bunny - Room 314 Feat.Mark Redito
Grace - Trick or Treat (TOT)
OOHYO - (Youth) (NIGHT)
XXX - Flight attendant
GIRO, Jainu - DECALCOMANIE
Nada Feat. Swings - Nothin

Upbeat section
LOONA/HeeJin, HyunJin - I'll Be There
ASTRO - Confession
SPICA - Secret Time
GFRIEND - NAVILLERA
MAMAMOO - Décalcomanie

Chill section
Jay Park - Me Like Yuh
Koh Nayoung - I Like (feat. Microdot)
TAEYEON - 11:11
DJ Wegun - Our Lives (Feat. Jay Park & Ugly Duck)
Seo In Guk - BeBe
Jay Park - Aquaman
Hoody - By Your Side (Feat. Jinbo)
CLAZZIQUAI PROJECT - #Curious

Dramatic section
UNICORN - BLINK BLINK
MONSTA X - Stuck
SNUPER - It's raining
BTS - Blood Sweat & Tears)

llehuty's first half of 2016 k-pop picks

These lists were possible thanks to No No Eul's playlist.

PInk Tape

Banned
Album of The Year (Group)

Shinee - 1 of 1

Album of the Year (Soloist)

Luna - Free Somebody

Top 25 Songs of the Year

Day6 - Letting Go
NCT U - The Seventh Sense
Stellar - Sting
Wonder Girls - To The Beautiful You
4Minute - Canvas
Ladies' Code - Galaxy
K.A.R.D - Oh Na Na
AOA - 10 Seconds
Red Velvet - Some Love
Snuper - Platonic Love
Astro - Cat's Eye
Seventeen - Very Nice
Lay - Lose Control
NCT 127 ft. SR15B - Switch
Blackpink - Playing with Fire
GOT7 - Mayday
Twice - TT
Mamamoo - Woohoo
EXO - Lucky One
WJSN - Robot
Sistar - I Like That
Oh My Girl - Windy Day
Miryo and Giantpink - Rock, Paper, Scissors
Taeyeon ft. Hyoyeon - Up + Down
Jimin (BTS) - Lie

I kept remembering songs that I liked and I was having a hard time trying to shorten the list so I went with 25 :p

Honorable Mentions:
Pentagon - Engine
VIXX - Fantasy
Laboum - Shooting Love
Jimin (15&) - Walkin'
f(x) - All Mine
D.holic - Color Me Rad
Unicorn - Blink Blink
Gain - Carnival (The Last Day)
Ailee - Home
APink - Drummer Boy

Holy fnck, this is amazing!!!

It's only been one and day this is already in contention for 2017's song of the year, jfc, talk about starting this year off on a fantastic note.

Also mother of god Eugene is perfect. Fnck man... I'm completely smitten. Last time I was this head over heels over someone in K-Pop was when I joined the scene 5+ years ago with Yuri.

Why does she have to be married and have a kid??

Edit: I also love how everyone look's like they're enjoying the hell out of performing for a music video. Eugene's smile is so damn infectious, fnck y'all... somebody send help.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Somin is FREE!
Forget her, the other girl knows how to put some stank on it. She needs more practice with heels but she's more my type.

Also mother of god Eugene is perfect. Fnck man... I'm completely smitten. Last time I was this head over heels over someone in K-Pop was when I joined the scene 5+ years ago with Yuri.
How did you manage to sleep on the original SM angel until now?

How did you manage to sleep on the original kpop angel until now?

Lol like I said my first intro to K-Pop was Soshi and Yuri right around 2010 or 2011.

And my first real intro to SES was during Infinite Challenge and their ToToGa episode. Ever since then I've been a fan but the low res videos of the group didn't really make me fully appreciate the greatness of Eugene lol.

Boss Mog

Song of the year by a very comfortable margin:

Red Velvet - One of These Nights

I love it, I thought I'd be the only one going for that song. Such a shame a ballad like that can never do really well in Korea. Such a great song, the first time I heard it it actually made my eyes teary.

No Stellar in your list though :( Sting and Crying were both really good as with most Stellar stuff. So sad they don't get the love they deserve (except from the army) . Also weren't they supposed to have a 3rd comeback in 2016?

Also this was the best AOA track of 2016 even if it was Japanese. They put a Korean version on their new album thankfully but it's the best song of the album as far as I'm concerned which is kinda sad, I was hoping for better for this first full album.

No top 10 but songs I liked from 2016:

Jay Park - Aquaman
Jay Park - Drive (ft. GRAY)
Jay Park - 2nd Thots
Jay Park - Alone Tonight (ft. Sik-K)
Jay Park - Feature (ft. Cha Cha Malone)
Elo - Angel (ft. Simon Dominic)
Elo - F.W.B (ft. Hoody)
Elo - Tattoo (ft. Jay Park)
Elo - Wax Mannequeen
Elo - Rose
GRAY - Summer Night (Remix Version) (ft. Hoody)
G2 - 1999 (ft. GRAY)
G2 - We Are Young (ft. Jessi)
G2 & Reddy - Thank You (ft. Dalchong)
Reddy - Think (ft. Jay Park)
Reddy - Even If It's You (ft. Kim Boa)
Sik-K - No Where (ft. Loco)
Sik-K - Alcohol (ft. Jay Park)
Loco - 너도 You Too (ft. Cha Cha Malone)
Simon Dominic, G2, BewhY & One - Who You?
Giriboy - I'm In Trouble (ft. Loco)
Wegun - Our Lives (ft. Jay Park & Ugly Duck)
Nucksal - 악당출현 The Villains (ft. ODEE, Deepflow, Don Mills & 우탄)
Soul One - No Jam (ft. Evo)
Nada - Sticky (ft. San E)
Mino - 몸
Swings - Your Soul
Beenzino - Break
Beenzino - Being Myself
Beenzino - Saturday (ft. Black Nut)
Bumkey - Better Man (ft. Tablo)
TWICE - TT
TWICE - Cheer Up
TWICE - One In A Million
Lovelyz - Destiny 나의 지구
Stellar - Sting
Joe Wonsun & Jinsil - Mismatch
Louie - 그림자 Shadow (ft. Kwon Soonil)
Hanhae - 내가 이래 I Used To
Subin - 꽃 Flower
Subin - 미워 Hate
Saltnpaper - Go
Saltnpaper - 오 달아라 (ft. EZ)
Saltnpaper - What A Place (a.e.i.o.u)
Red Velvet - Russian Roulette
Luna - Free Somebody
Apink - Drummer Boy
Apink - NoNoNo (Ballad Version)
I.O.I - 너무너무너무 Very Very Very
Clazziquai Project - #궁금해 #Curious
Clazziquai Project - Make Up Break Up
BTS - Young Forever
BTS - Save Me
NCT U - The 7th Sense

Probably missed a fair few, went through my Apple Music library and picked stuff out.

Elo's ‘8 Femmes' is my album of the year.

ramyeon

Starting the year with an SES comeback, never would have expected it.

Eugene was my childhood celebrity crush, almost as if she hasn't aged a day even now.

llehuty

Boss★Moogle;227529708 said:
I love it, I thought I'd be the only one going for that song. Such a shame a ballad like that can never do really well in Korea. Such a great song, the first time I heard it it actually made my eyes teary.
But ballads do really well in korea.

And stellar are currently having a very succesful makestar campaign. Almost at 35k $. And with an insane 160$/pledge average.

Eldren

Dreamcatcher(드림캐쳐) Chase Me Trailer #2

Sorry for the double post but holy shit this concept !!! I'm so feeling this. Giving me that psychological horror vibe. Love it. If the song lives up to the concept it'll be something else.

Which reminds me Dal Shabet actually had a Silent Hill map in the 'Someone like U' MV.

This is genuinely exciting. Not often we get such dark concepts for a girl group and it sounds really good too. Definitely interested in this.

llehuty

So, it's confirmed, Seohyun will be the 4th member of SNSD after Taeyeon, Tiffany (lol), and Hyoyeon (lmao) to be going solo.

KIM SORI DUAL LIFE STILL CRUSHES IT

Taeyeon and Her avatars no matcH tHat's for sure

Imagine if twice had 700k views and sHe had 100 million tHat would be fairer oH indeed.

lol, I don't think I remember the last time we had drunk posting in the thread. Keep it coming vanty!

But I mostly agree with your points.

llehuty

APRIL - "April Story" Music Video
Of all groups they could rip off, Lovelyz? And those stylings, ughh. And I don't think the new girl that is not Chaekyung has a single line in the song (the ballet dance break is ok). She is taking Yena's place, which I belive, until this release, she wasn't even allowed to breath on the mic. She only gets to do an adlib and pretend to be singing the chorus, lol.

[MV] 우주소녀(WJSN) _ 너에게 닿기를(I Wish)
So forgettable. They have a solid visual concept, but this song seems like an step back after Secret.

4th LOONA member reveal, YeoJin.
C1QS0H-UcAAOVC3.jpg

Where the hell did they find all this visuals? Damn.
She is the youngest so far (14), the oldest so far is 19. I guess they won't be doing a mature concept anytime soon.

Kuno

Is AOA the highest-profile flop in recent memory? The album came out yesterday and both title tracks are already out of the Melon top 100.

llehuty

When are Pledis Girlz debuting? They're my group for 2017.
They have a showcase on the 6th, where they will officially start debut countdown & reveal of official group name.

They will also be releasing some BTS clips/show?
[HICAM]플레디스 걸즈의 하이하이(HI&HIGH)카메라1of5
Nayoung's aegyeoooooooooooooooooooooo. I'm wondering if the group will be called Hi, or Hi Girlz or something like that; this show is called Hi&High, their showcase is called Bye & Hi...

Is AOA the highest-profile flop in recent memory? The album came out yesterday and both title tracks are already out of the Melon top 100.
It has to be. I think people just don't care about the group, they are only there for Seolhyun. And if there is someone at fault for that is FNC. Also, the dating news has probably turned off plenty of people. Being on a comeback per year schedule si probably not helping either.

However I'm still surprised they aren't doing better (being out of the top 100 is brutal), maybe when they start doing promos things will get better?

Edit: New page magic:
tumblr_oiyhleffny1ulv0o3o1_540.gif

Edit2:
that's my birthday so i have to like it. please be good =)

Happy Birthday!

APRIL - "April Story" Music Video
Title track is just there...

Take this gif as a present instead:
9164833.jpg

Top Bottom